Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring audilifeb5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Need help like asap

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    2000 A4 1.8t having this problem I can't figure out can some one shine sume light change throttle body change fuel pump it's not the mass airflow sensor because when I am plug it in the car once even worse n7 is plugged in but not in used have a mbc set up changed the plugs even try putting my stock ecu only cell is the p1118 but it always had that and it ran fine Could it be the turbo is going bad ? When I start sometimes it idle fine then other time it goes up and down here's video

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

https://youtu.be/5_zfW6NTdWw

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I had a misfire from my coil that broke... Inside the rubber got cracked so it did shake alot... I mean like badly... And it misfired, the worse is when i put foot flat but if i slowely accelerate then it could go up to 3500-4000 without shaking so much... So its worth a shot... Just loosen the wires going into the coil... Then unplug them and pull coil out gently and when its out just have a look for any tear marks or cracks... My car has such a small crack in the rubber... Trust me it makes these problems... I couldnt believe it...

Also you can try by ideling your car... Then unplug 1 coil... If car shakes even worse or dies you know that coil and spark plug and wiring to that piston is fine... Then you place it back and check the next one... If you unplug a wire from the coil and nothing happens... Then you know your problem is related to that area...

So its cables
    Coil
    Or sparkplug mostly... Just have an inspection and see, got nothing to loose 👍

Sent from my LG-D722 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LourensErasmus View Post
    I had a misfire from my coil that broke... Inside the rubber got cracked so it did shake alot... I mean like badly... And it misfired, the worse is when i put foot flat but if i slowely accelerate then it could go up to 3500-4000 without shaking so much... So its worth a shot... Just loosen the wires going into the coil... Then unplug them and pull coil out gently and when its out just have a look for any tear marks or cracks... My car has such a small crack in the rubber... Trust me it makes these problems... I couldnt believe it...

Also you can try by ideling your car... Then unplug 1 coil... If car shakes even worse or dies you know that coil and spark plug and wiring to that piston is fine... Then you place it back and check the next one... If you unplug a wire from the coil and nothing happens... Then you know your problem is related to that area...

So its cables
    Coil
    Or sparkplug mostly... Just have an inspection and see, got nothing to loose

Thank you yeah I change the plugs did pull out the coil one by one and ther working still can't find the prob do u think it's the turbo ?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

To be honest... I am not a mechanic but no i dout its your turbo because as i know most turbos if it has a prob your turbo will go into limp mode which means your turbo wont boost so then you wont have any power but your running as normaly asperated so your car can still drive... But if you want to check... My turbo works with a diverter valve but i know the other turbos works with a vacuum hose... It goes into the Diverter valve if i am correct and then it helps sucking the air out and dumps... If you pull that vacuum out your turbo wont work as i have been told... So pull that hose out by hand... No screws loosen and etc needed as far as i know then go for a drive... If it stil shakes its not your turbo but if it stops shaking it can be your turbo most likely

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I read that it could be your feul pump that cant pump enough feul into your car then when spark plug ignights there isnt enough flame to compensate a proper explosion... So maybe have a look at that

AZ Member #

Thank you guys in the process of getting a new turbo but not just eny turbo gt28rs set up I did put new plugs and coils and the prob is fix well for the most part at first start up let it warm up car does the same in the video but after 5min it doesn't it drives fine back to boosting 22psi just a very small lag

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Glad i could help :)

AZ Member #

@lourenserasmus u wud not believe u we're right I had a very small crack in the boot on the 3rd coil smh 🤦*♂️ thank you I can't believe I over looked it

https://youtu.be/uHr8-VVcJ2k

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LourensErasmus View Post
    Glad i could help :)

Thank u