Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by trip'n View Post
    Petrolhead...are you bone stock? File/ tune flashed?
    at the moment i am bone stock. planning to go stage 2 soon.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Vogz View Post
    There's not an easy way to explain clutch engagement because it's a dynamic thing. All situations are different and therefore require differing amounts of throttle and differing rates of clutch engagement.

The one piece of advice I can give to a new manual driver is always try engage the clutch quickly. That doesn't mean just drop it. Eventually with experience you'll be able to engage it quickly AND smoothly. If you are riding to clutch to keep engagement smooth as you modulate throttle, you are building up heat and excessively wearing the clutch.
    it is definitely hard to explain and i appreciate the advice. i always try to let off the clutch asap without it starting to jerk around but whenever i try to do it faster than normal it just bogs down or feels like its going to stall out. kinda frustrating. sadly i don't even think i can be considered a new manual driver as it's already been a couple years lol. i guess im just a really slow learner

Senior Member Three Rings eightamrock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by trip'n View Post
    eightamrock...install a SS line first and flush the system with new before you go installing a new clutch.

Also is the car sits outside and doesn't get used much the stock will slip a bit
    Thanks for the advice, SS line is in the mail, going to have them install at my next oil services which is rapidly approaching. I drive about 6k a year and the car is garage kept, but is not a climate controlled.

Hoping this might solve the problem before dropping $4k on a clutch and install.
    '16 Glacier White S4
    Options: BO, Technology, Carbon Atlas, Magma, SC Badges
    Mods: APR Stage 2+ Dual Pulley | APR CPS | AWE Touring w/ resonated DPs | ECS CF CAI | Bilstein PSS10s | SPC UCA | Eurocode Sways & Endlinks | ECS 10/12.5mm spacers | Alu Kreuz | ECS Drivetrain Inserts | P3 Gauge | 35% SunTek | Xpel Stealth | Rockford 12" Sub w/ P400x1 Amp | Ziza Master LED Kit and Reverse Lights | Laminex Fogs | Phillips LED Fogs

Established Member Two Rings alexdell's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eightamrock View Post
    Thanks for the advice, SS line is in the mail, going to have them install at my next oil services which is rapidly approaching. I drive about 6k a year and the car is garage kept, but is not a climate controlled.

Hoping this might solve the problem before dropping $4k on a clutch and install.
    Hey Man, this is Alex (the person that bought your ECS carbon intake). We should meet up some time & I can let you drive around my car to compare the two. I just bought the SS line waiting to be installed as well.

Established Member Two Rings Phil.Lmbrt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 B8 S4 & E46 325i

Has anyone noticed that the ECS flywheel is no longer available Does anyone knows the reason?
    2012 S4
    Brilliant Black | 6MT | Sports Diff | B&O
    Unitronic Stage 2+ | Roc-Euro Intake | CTS Catback | USP Clutch Line | 034 Inserts
    Awaiting Install in Spring
    BFI Maritime Blue GS2 Knob | JHM Short Shifter | Tampa Autosports Test Pipes | CTS 187mm Crank Pulley | Vossen CV-T | Sachs Xtend

Senior Member Three Rings pullacowonaski's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q7 Daytona Gray Sline, B8 S4

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Lmbrt View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the ECS flywheel is no longer available Does anyone knows the reason?
    Just noticed that myself I sent them an email asking why and if it would be coming back. I have not heard anything yet.
    S4-Ice Silver Metallic-Carbon atlas trim-6mt- slotted rotors-Whispbar Roof Racks-Roc Euro-Black Roof-AG M510 Gray-265/35r19-Custom catback-Black Euro Impulse Shifter-Chipwerke stage 2 CTS pulley-ECS Drivetrain Inserts-Enlaes spoiler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123