Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Rear Quarter Window Trim Removal

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone removed the rear quarter window trim? Wanting to remove it as the tape has come loose around the bottom and want to pop the trim off and replace the tape to adhere it back on. I know some have swapped out the trim to black optics and hope someone can give some pointers to remove and replace the trim. I think it should just pull off but looking for guidance.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Use a mini plastic squeegee or bike tire levers and pry gently...its held in with a couple clip that are molded onto the trim.
    2015 S3 - Full OEM RS3 Front End Conversion - CTS BOV/LW Crank Pulley/Turbo Muffler Delete/Throttle Pipe/IC Pipes - Bull X Catless DP - UM STG 2 RED FILE/STG 3 TCU - XBQ/UBQ - HG Intercooler - ST XTA Coil Overs - Black Optics Trim - PURE CF Trunk Spoiler/Mirror Caps/Rear Diffuser - 19x9 GT5 wheels - E Codes - ECS LW Rotors - Blacked Out Roof - Full 3" Valved MF Exhaust - Blacked Out Badges - 034 R/Sway/RSFM - BFI STG 1 Engine/Trans Mounts/Torque Arm - RS3 Vents - 3M Crystalline

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A20V200 View Post
    Use a mini plastic squeegee or bike tire levers and pry gently...its held in with a couple clip that are molded onto the trim.
    I was looking at a service manual is looked like you almost had to take the rear quarter window off (cut the glue/bond) to be able to remove the trim or that may of just been or the clips as it was not very clear.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

This ^^?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Looking to remove the exterior trim (black or chrome if you dont have black optics)

Item #2 in figure below:

Veteran Member Four Rings bmc333's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Were you able to get it off? Curious to know because I'd like to upgrade my chrome to black optics, IF I can find the BO trim for a decent price...
    2015 S3 - Panther Black P+ / LED Lights / B&O / APR Stage 1 ECU & TCU / APR Turbo Muffler delete / CTS Turbo Inlet/Discharge/Intercooler Pipes / X34 Intake / Superpro end links / VWR springs / 35% Tint / ED CF rear diffuser / 034 CF engine & fuse box covers / ECS CF battery cover / BBS SR's

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post
    Looking to remove the exterior trim (black or chrome if you dont have black optics)

Item #2 in figure below:
    They just pop right off...no glue, use Pedros bike tire levers, they work great for getting trim off.
    2015 S3 - Full OEM RS3 Front End Conversion - CTS BOV/LW Crank Pulley/Turbo Muffler Delete/Throttle Pipe/IC Pipes - Bull X Catless DP - UM STG 2 RED FILE/STG 3 TCU - XBQ/UBQ - HG Intercooler - ST XTA Coil Overs - Black Optics Trim - PURE CF Trunk Spoiler/Mirror Caps/Rear Diffuser - 19x9 GT5 wheels - E Codes - ECS LW Rotors - Blacked Out Roof - Full 3" Valved MF Exhaust - Blacked Out Badges - 034 R/Sway/RSFM - BFI STG 1 Engine/Trans Mounts/Torque Arm - RS3 Vents - 3M Crystalline