Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Need help ASAP in choosing my next car

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey Everyone,

Currently, I am a B8 audi a4 owner of 5 years and was looking around for new vehicle. My max budget is 65-70k Canada after tax. Ive narrowed it down to the following 2 choices, a used (not CPO) 2013 s7 with 30k km on it, or a brand new audi a5 sportback technik with s line. Both come up to 67k here in Canada. Tough choice imo, would love some of your input. Never once considered any other brand, has to be an Audi lol. I was dead set on getting the Audi RS3 2018 but couldnt fit in it as i am 6'7, head was touching the roof sadly. Also, how bad is maintaining an s7, the dealership offered me 4 years/80k of service for free with the A5. Thanks for yall input!

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

That is an excellent question and very tough. For most people I'd say go with the new A5 sport back. The tech is impressive and it's new.

But I'm 6'2" and currently borrowing an A4, I'm comfortable but I can't wait to get back into something bigger.

30km is nothing, I'd go with the S7 at your height, but if you are comfortable in the A4 I would guess you will be in the A5 as well.

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cpo S6
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

If you aren't looking at any other Audis, I would say the new sportback, given that the S7 is both pre-facelift and non CPO. If you could get an S7 that is CPO, then I'd go with that given the TTV8 engine. Otherwise, I'd be concerned about maintenance on it.
    2016 S6, mythos black, sport suspension and exhaust| Roc Euro intake, APR downpipes| Eurocode sways, end-links, and AK | 20x8.5 OZ Ultraleggera HLC wheels, Michelin PS4S tires| OEM RS6 grille| Neidfaktor CF mirrors| Blackvue DR650-2CH dashcams| Aftermarket car audio setup: Audiocontrol DM-810 DSP, JL HD900/5 driving JL10W3 subwoofer and Focal KX3 3 speakers up front. JL HD600/4 driving Focal KX2 speakers rear

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OlyS6 View Post
    If you aren't looking at any other Audis, I would say the new sportback, given that the S7 is both pre-facelift and non CPO. If you could get an S7 that is CPO, then I'd go with that given the TTV8 engine. Otherwise, I'd be concerned about maintenance on it.
    How about a '14 loaded S7 with under 29k miles for 48k US?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gtmule View Post
    How about a '14 loaded S7 with under 29k miles for 48k US?
    Sounds reasonable depending on the options, although I'd still want it CPO, as right about then you can be looking at a pretty expensive brake pad and rotor change-out, as well as the 35K service due right around the corner. Does it have an Audi Care package with it?
    2016 S6, mythos black, sport suspension and exhaust| Roc Euro intake, APR downpipes| Eurocode sways, end-links, and AK | 20x8.5 OZ Ultraleggera HLC wheels, Michelin PS4S tires| OEM RS6 grille| Neidfaktor CF mirrors| Blackvue DR650-2CH dashcams| Aftermarket car audio setup: Audiocontrol DM-810 DSP, JL HD900/5 driving JL10W3 subwoofer and Focal KX3 3 speakers up front. JL HD600/4 driving Focal KX2 speakers rear