Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings KPL8.5ALLRD's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Throttle Response on 2.0 after going APR Stage 2?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was wondering what other people think about the throttle response with APR Stage 2. I had the software and APR downpipe installed about two weeks ago, and I feel like the throttle response is worse than before doing the upgrade. Throttle response in my 2015 allroad was never great, but it seems really soft now. I feel like I need to press the pedal down half way to get any real acceleration. Definitely pulls much harder than before once it is going. Just wanted to know how the experience has been for others.

I have been driving variants of this engine for awhile, coming from two prior GTIs (APR tuned and stock).

Established Member Two Rings tromero00's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by KPL8.5ALLRD View Post
    I was wondering what other people think about the throttle response with APR Stage 2. I had the software and APR downpipe installed about two weeks ago, and I feel like the throttle response is worse than before doing the upgrade. Throttle response in my 2015 allroad was never great, but it seems really soft now. I feel like I need to press the pedal down half way to get any real acceleration. Definitely pulls much harder than before once it is going. Just wanted to know how the experience has been for others.

I have been driving variants of this engine for awhile, coming from two prior GTIs (APR tuned and stock).
    Something just isn't right. My throttle response is more responsive after going stage 2.

IG: papabears_2.slow_a4

Senior Member Four Rings The Fat Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Throttle responce will be better if you install the D.U.C.K.; APR should have them in stock.

AZ Member #

Ok--jokes on me. Don't know what d.u.c.k. stands for, but I assume it stands for something negative related to my stupidity. Thanks for the help. Keep these gems coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings hyperunion's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 Xterra 4X4 , 02 20V Passat variant.

Quote Originally Posted by KPL8.5ALLRD View Post
    Ok--jokes on me. Don't know what d.u.c.k. stands for, but I assume it stands for something negative related to my stupidity. Thanks for the help. Keep these gems coming.

No problems with my throttle response as well after going with the stg2 and down pipe!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    B8.5 A4 Premium +, ZF8, APR Stg II+ E85, APR HFC Downpipe, APR Carbon Intake, APR Intercooler, APR T.M. Delete, AWE Quad Exaust, ECS turbo inlet hose, H&R coilovers , H&R F&R Sway Bars, Q5 4 Piston Brembo upgrade, ECS Slotted rotors and stainless lines, OZ Ultraleggeras, Piaa, 3M Crystalline, Xpel Ultimate. IG: "Veritech1"

RIP: B6 A4 Sport, AWE GIAC rSK04, Bilstein PSS9, OZ SL.

Established Member Three Rings Tiggy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 Quattro A4 S-Line Prestige

its ok... I'm revo stage 2 and i get tons of hesitation building up from 3rd gear pulls.. gonna switch to apr by the end of the year
    Instagram @awdconnor

AZ Member #

Thanks for the replies. I will talk to NGP and see what their thoughts are.

Senior Member Four Rings The Fat Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The duck was a reference to the "pedal responce" thread; it died when sent to the chatterbox http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...pedal-responce

Veteran Member Four Rings A4 Centaur's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Ducati Panigale 1199S (Red of course)

Throttle response never dies. Haha!
    Black B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package, Tiptronic 8 speed, JHM K04-R, V1 & Beltronics, Eurocode HFC, APR FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Vogtland Coilovers, Stoptech 380mm BB Kit, H&R Swaybar, APR K04 Tune, Rev. "d" DV, R8 Coils, Folding Mirrors, S5 Rear Brakes, 034 Street Density Mounts, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, Forgestar CF5, and more mods to come!

AZ Member #

Yeah-my question was not quite that generic--how do I get more power?