Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Q3

Thinking about a O3

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am thinking about buying a CPO 2016 Q3 for my wife. Seems there are quite a few around my area with 5k (mileage) or under for around 35k. A few Prestige and several Premium Plus.
    My wife currently drives a '15 Honda CR-V. She loves the design but the car vibrates horribly which drives her crazy! Apparently this is a common complaint with the 2015's and a class action lawsuit is being filed against Honda.

Recently a drove an A3 as a loner when my S7 was in for servicing and that car vibrated at idle also. Does the Q3 have this problem? "Rough" drive train/engine?
    The next car she buys has to be a smooth runner.....no issues with rough idle or vibration.
    How's the price at 35k for a well optioned Premium Plus or Prestige model? Decent? I know if the dealer is asking 35k I can knock it down a couple of thousand and will insist on throwing in Audi Care.

I am on my 3rd Audi and I would like to convert her.
    Thoughts?
    '19 RS5, Misano Red, Carbon Optics Package, Drivers Assist Package, B&O, Black Rings, Nappa Leather with Lighting Package
    '14 Audi S7 Prestige, Ibis White on black, Black Optics, Drivers Assistance, Cold Weather pack, LED Headlights, Sports Diff. Anthracite HRE FF01's with PS4S's. Gone
    '13 Audi S5 6MT Premium Plus, Phantom black on black, Drive Select, Adaptive Suspension, Sports Diff., B&O, BBS CXR/PSS (gone)
    '09 Audi A5 6MT, 3.2 Prestige, Drive Select, B&O, S-Line wheels, PSS (gone)

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

i plan on installing bfi engine mounts and trans mounts. not sure if i want stage 1 or 2.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

My 2017 Q3 Prestige has a very smooth drive train. Want to mention that I have the 2.0 engine. No problems here.
    Last edited by greasykid; 06-28-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    2020 Q5 prem plus Matador red/Beige

Veteran Member Three Rings jalcom1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 S4, '69 Camaro SS

Thinking about a O3

My wife has a 2017 Q3 Prestige and she's very happy with it. It handles well for a small SUV and is quiet.

I drove a base version a few weeks ago as a rental and it did have a lot of NVH that I would deem as unacceptable. You'll definitely want the Prestige package or you'll be disappointed similar to your experience with the CR-V.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - Jason

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Q3

NVH?
    '19 RS5, Misano Red, Carbon Optics Package, Drivers Assist Package, B&O, Black Rings, Nappa Leather with Lighting Package
    '14 Audi S7 Prestige, Ibis White on black, Black Optics, Drivers Assistance, Cold Weather pack, LED Headlights, Sports Diff. Anthracite HRE FF01's with PS4S's. Gone
    '13 Audi S5 6MT Premium Plus, Phantom black on black, Drive Select, Adaptive Suspension, Sports Diff., B&O, BBS CXR/PSS (gone)

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi Q3 Quattro, 2017 Corvette M7 Grand Sport, 2017 Audi SQ5, 2019 Porsche Macan

NVH=Noise Vibration Harshness
    A Prestige trim level does not have any more NVH insulation or better motor-mounts than a base Q3........

Veteran Member Three Rings jalcom1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 S4, '69 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by S4'ed View Post
    NVH=Noise Vibration Harshness
    A Prestige trim level does not have any more NVH insulation or better motor-mounts than a base Q3........
    You're right. I just read through a comparison on the trim levels. Maybe it's subjective. The rental I drove had a lot of vibration through the steering. It could have also been abused since it was a rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Jason

Veteran Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a 2016 Q3 PP and it does not have a lot of NVH. It drives smooth.

But if I flew over speed bumps and popped curbs like many Rental cars are treated, I'm sure I could loosen some things up.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Q3

Test drove a Q3 yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised! Very nice ride and comfortable. I also test drove a GLA right after and the difference was night and day. The GLA was stiff and harsh over expansion joints, the ride was not as smooth as the Q3. Seating was more sedan like was the outward view was compromised. I did like the dual clutch as the shifts were smooth and much more responsive than the Q3, but that was the only thing I liked about the GLA.
    If only the Q3 had more torque and the dual clutch...........

Veteran Member Four Rings audrobotic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It seems like the vibration on the CRV can be fixed: http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=196919