Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    I wish I had a better photo. They're inward a good 5mm. But those are 265.

NO.-3969 by Audiyos, on Flickr
    I'd probably try and run a 275 tire and see how that looks/works. Need to check the funds and I'll get back to you.

AZ Member #

Mops, check this thread out, 20X9.5 ET30 and 20X10.5 ET35 on a 2018 SQ5

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post24989381

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by QShip18 View Post
    Mops, check this thread out, 20X9.5 ET30 and 20X10.5 ET35 on a 2018 SQ5

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post24989381
    Considering the smaller discs on the new SQ (calipers closer to the center of the wheel), let's not even try the 20x10 ET30. Say the previous SQ needs 10mm, I could see the new one needing 12-15mm. I'm still feeling the 20x9 CH-R. Or a staggered CH-R/CI-R would be uber hella super hot! 😎
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

Established Member Three Rings BG SQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

After seeing the AW post, I agree with Mops on the deep concave 10" et30...that more than likely ends up <et20. It's probably gonna be too much poke up front. Staggered would be sick though...as long as the tires are sized appropriately.

I'm not really digging the fitment of the AW thread. Not sure I get the point of different wheel widths there. Just to avoid spacers in the back? The wheels appear to have the same concavity profile, and staggering the wheels without tires gives varying tire profile/stretch...which isn't a great look. Not to mention, the 275/40s look a bit undersized, especially on the 10.5.

@QShip18 Why not consider 21s?

IMO, the best budget square fitment would be the RS6 reps...21x9.5 et30 with 285/35r21. Here is JayCar with that setup. Obviously, those aren't on BBS/Vorsteiner level, but JayCar did switch to them from a staggered 103 FWIW.

I almost went 21x10 et42 Bathurst (plus spacer for effective et30), but it was a 3 month wait for that fitment. It seems the Bathurst is going to present you with similar problems as the deep concave 103s when it comes to clearing the brakes though.
    '15 SQ5 Daytona Gray
    APR stage 2 (93 v4) - iABED/Fluidampr 187mm - aFe filter/034 tube - AWE Touring - 034 mounts - 21" Forgestar CF10s w/295s - ecodes - deAuto LEDs - VCDS
    12.158 @ 112.47 (192 DA)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

I'm still feeling the 20x9 CH-R.
    What would be your tire rec for these?

Also, weren't your BLKs 22s or am I just imagining that?
    '15 SQ5 Daytona Gray
    APR stage 2 (93 v4) - iABED/Fluidampr 187mm - aFe filter/034 tube - AWE Touring - 034 mounts - 21" Forgestar CF10s w/295s - ecodes - deAuto LEDs - VCDS
    12.158 @ 112.47 (192 DA)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BG SQ5 View Post

@QShip18 Why not consider 21s?

IMO, the best budget square fitment would be the RS6 reps...21x9.5 et30 with 285/35r21. Here is JayCar with that setup. Obviously, those aren't on BBS/Vorsteiner level, but JayCar did switch to them from a staggered 103 FWIW.

I almost went 21x10 et42 Bathurst (plus spacer for effective et30), but it was a 3 month wait for that fitment. It seems the Bathurst is going to present you with similar problems as the deep concave 103s when it comes to clearing the brakes though.
    The car came with 21's so I haven't ruled them out completely yet. It just seems with the 20 inch wheels you have a much better choice of tires. With the 21's and 285 tires I can run Michelin Pilot SS which is a summer tire, not a deal breaker but I was planning to run all seasons.

A couple of key points I've been thinking about:

1. This is my daily driver so I need a wheel/tire set up that won't hurt that. Some of the more aggressive fitments I've seen on this forum and others won't work for me because it will hurt the daily driver factor.

2. I'm not looking for an uber expensive super light weight wheel. As long as it doesn't weigh more than stock it's fine. Preferred budget for the wheels is in the $1500.00 range which is why I'm leaning towards the Hartmann's or TSW.

3. I want a square setup, i.e. 21X9 front and back. Not big on the staggering of sizes. Same size tire front and rear allows for tire rotation and longer tire life.

4. I'm not big on the use of spacers so I'd prefer to have the wheels fit properly using correct offsets. On the 18 SQ5 the front wheels are almost flush with the fender with the stock wheels. Maybe 5mm more towards the outside of the wheel would make it perfect. The rear wheels are tucked in more, about 10 - 15mm to be flush. I'm thinking offsets of ET30 on the front and ET25 on the rear with a 20 or 21X9 wheel. I'll have to take some pictures and post them so you can see what I'm talking about.

Lastly, I'm going to pass on the 20X10 VFF 103's. Even though that's a killer deal for a killer set of wheels there is no way a 20X10 wheel will fit on the front of the car without sticking out past the fender.

This should give you a better idea of what I'm looking for as far as a wheel/tire setup goes.

Veteran Member Four Rings Jimminez's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 SQ5, 2004 Toyota 4Runner (dammit not dead)
    Items for Sale

Lets not forget about BBS LMs. Hawt on a Florett SQ5 IMO.

A 295/35R21 Continental DWS06 works very well on a 21x10" too.

Shameless I know, but am trying to help as a 295/35R21 on a 21x10 works great and rides well as that is what Mops is currently running on his LM-Rs.
    - Martin

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jimminez View Post
    Lets not forget about BBS LMs. Hawt on a Florett SQ5 IMO.

A 295/35R21 Continental DWS06 works very well on a 21x10" too.

Shameless I know, but am trying to help as a 295/35R21 on a 21x10 works great and rides well as that is what Mops is currently running on his LM-Rs.
    Unfortunately a 10 inch wide wheel will stick out on the new SQ5 no matter what offset you use. There just isn't that much room up front as the stock 21X8.5 is almost flush with the fender. A 21X9 is as wide as I would go.

Senior Member Three Rings HBird's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This is going to be good. Sub'd

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HBird View Post
    This is going to be good. Sub'd
    Not really, buying wheels for a new model no one has fitment info on sucks!

AZ Member #

Newsflash!!!

Wheels have been purchased! Now I'm not going to give away the surprise and tell what I bought but they fell well within my budget. Bought them from a vendor I've done business with in the past and got a very good deal. Shoutout and big thanks to those who have given me advice here in this thread and on the forum. I went with 20X9 front and rear ET25 with 275/40/20 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2 tires. Wheels will come with the tires mounted and balanced with chrome lugs. Wheels themselves are a bright silver finish to match the silver trim on the SQ5. Should be here in two weeks, I'll post pics once they arrive and I get them on the car.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Excited to see!

I'm actually chatting with my dealer. I might end of with a SQ loaner for an evening. I'll then mount up my 20x10 LM-R, and I'll know exactly where we stand on wheel fitments.
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

Excited to see!

I'm actually chatting with my dealer. I might end of with a SQ loaner for an evening. I'll then mount up my 20x10 LM-R, and I'll know exactly where we stand on wheel fitments.
    Interested to see if 20X10 fits, I've been told it doesn't but hey this way we will know definitely one way or another. I went with 20X9 to be on the safe side and was told they would fit no problem.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by QShip18 View Post
    Interested to see if 20X10 fits, I've been told it doesn't but hey this way we will know definitely one way or another. I went with 20X9 to be on the safe side and was told they would fit no problem.
    Oh yea, they'll fit just fine. For many years, the gen 1 Q/SQ5 guys ran 9-9.5". Only until the last two years have we been running more aggressive setups. I'm current at 21x10 ET20 front, ET14 rear on 295. I think at most, we'll lose maybe 5mm. It's way more about brake clearance and wheel profiles than spec.

We need to move this thread to the Q5 specific section @admin @anthony

AZ Member #

Oh yea, they'll fit just fine. For many years, the gen 1 Q/SQ5 guys ran 9-9.5". Only until the last two years have we been running more aggressive setups. I'm current at 21x10 ET20 front, ET14 rear on 295. I think at most, we'll lose maybe 5mm. It's way more about brake clearance and wheel profiles than spec.

We need to move this thread to the Q5 specific section @admin @anthony
    Thanks, I can't wait till they come in and I can get them on the car. Not a fan of the stock wheels although I'll be keeping them for winter use. With the 18 SQ5 getting a 20X10 to fit on the front would be hard. The back no problem. Sucks cause I would have loved to run 20X10 front and rear but oh well!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

Congrats not eh purchase. Anxious to see what you went with!

Interesting to hear that the front is that close to the fender already. When I first got my car, I didn't even want to space the front but thought at most 5-8mm. Now, my tire is ~24mm further than stock with no lowering! Lol. I'd have no problem keeping it that way too, but I've got my suspension and ensuing chamber ready to go. It'll be perfectly flush when complete.

Like Mops said- for a long time they didn't think a 10" would go up front on the 1st gen, and now there are a ton of 10-10.5" 295 setups. It's tough being one of the firsts. That's why we have Mops to test fit all these fitments and wheels for us, haha!
    '15 SQ5 Daytona Gray
    12.158 @ 112.47 (192 DA)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BG SQ5 View Post
    Congrats not eh purchase. Anxious to see what you went with!

Interesting to hear that the front is that close to the fender already. When I first got my car, I didn't even want to space the front but thought at most 5-8mm. Now, my tire is ~24mm further than stock with no lowering! Lol. I'd have no problem keeping it that way too, but I've got my suspension and ensuing chamber ready to go. It'll be perfectly flush when complete.

Like Mops said- for a long time they didn't think a 10" would go up front on the 1st gen, and now there are a ton of 10-10.5" 295 setups. It's tough being one of the firsts. That's why we have Mops to test fit all these fitments and wheels for us, haha!
    Thanks! I took the conservative route and went with the 20X9's. Couldn't take the chance of ordering 20X10's only to receive them and find they don't fit. Then having to go through the hassle of having to try and send them back. The 20X9's ET25 will fit, I'll be extremely pissed if they don't. In my case it's not only being first but also that I'm impatient and couldn't wait for others to try fitments to see what works and what doesn't.

Senior Member Three Rings oaybar007's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I just stumbled across this thread. I know nothing about the SQ5, wheel options, etc, but wow, you guys have some nice looking cars!
    2004 Brilliant Red Ultrasport 1.8t Quattro 6spd
    OZ Ultraleggera (18.6lbs), Pirelli PZero All Season+, APR Snub Mount, Podi Stepper Boost Gauge, ECS Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS, Nappa Leather Recaro Interior, RS4 Pedals.
    141.9k miles and counting.