Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

New Member - Took Delivery of Florett Silver 2018 Audi SQ5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    New Member here, just picked up a Florett Silver 2018 Audi SQ5 from Audi Wilmington today. Thanks to Stephen for a super easy and flawless purchase process. Couldn't be happier with the car. Traded in a 2015 4Runner and 2016 Camaro SS for the SQ5. Got the SQ5 as a one vehicle that does it all. Taking it easy during the break in period but the performance in dynamic mode is more than I expected. Handling is excellent especially when you take in consideration it's a 4000 lb vehicle.

Plan to get some UV blocking tint on the front windows and new wheels and tires eventually. For now the plan is just to drive the car and enjoy it. I'll have better pictures once I apply Pinnacles Black Label Diamond Coat paint coating. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I'll be able to get it done tomorrow. For now here are some pics from the dealership just before I took delivery.

AZ Member #

Mods can you please move this post to the Q5 section, thanks. Newbie blunder post.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

New Member - Took Delivery of Florett Silver 2018 Audi SQ5

Beautiful! I actually spec'd and ordered that SQ for myself, and ended up not taking it. Enjoy it. And yea, Steve and the team at Audi Wilmington are awesome. I actually ordered an S4 from Steve a few weeks ago.

More pics of yours

ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    Beautiful! I actually spec'd and ordered that SQ for myself, and ended up not taking it. Enjoy it. And yea, Steve and the team at Audi Wilmington are awesome. I actually ordered an S4 from Steve a few weeks ago.

More pics of yours

Steve was telling me about you had ordered the car and then changed to the S4. You have good taste

Love, love, love, the car. It's fantastic, beyond my expectations. I had one exactly the same specs on order but it was Ibis White. Glad I went with the Florett Silver instead. Steve also said you were the person to talk to about wheels, any suggestions???

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Normally don't live silver (sorry mops) but that looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2017 S3 P+ (Mine) Daytona Gray Pearl / Black Optic / Carbon Fiber Package / 034 springs / H&R 12/15 spacers
    2012 Q5 P+ (Wife) Ibis White

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by QShip18 View Post
    Steve was telling me about you had ordered the car and then changed to the S4. You have good taste

Love, love, love, the car. It's fantastic, beyond my expectations. I had one exactly the same specs on order but it was Ibis White. Glad I went with the Florett Silver instead. Steve also said you were the person to talk to about wheels, any suggestions???
    I LOVE Florett. I actually ordered a S5 SB in Florett too. Ended up doing the S4 in Florett, and I'll get the exact SQ you have, but with black optics when the '19's drop.

Glad to hear!

And yes, I am that guy 😎 I think the CH-R in 20x9 would look fantastic. Silver would look really classy. Tommy has the exact wheel at the dealership going on his new S5. Said wheel actually on Tommy's previous S5...

Satin grey is also an option if you wanted more contrast.
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sean_entrust View Post
    Normally don't live silver (sorry mops) but that looks great!

It's really a high quality silver, has a lot of metallic flake in it. When the sun hits it at certain angles it really pops!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

^I forgive you!

It's really a high quality silver, has a lot of metallic flake in it. When the sun hits it at certain angles it really pops!
    Damn straight! 😋

NO.-5315 by Audiyos, on Flickr

AZ Member #

I LOVE Florett. I actually ordered a S5 SB in Florett too. Ended up doing the S4 in Florett, and I'll get the exact SQ you have, but with black optics when the '19's drop.

Glad to hear!

And yes, I am that guy 😎 I think the CH-R in 20x9 would look fantastic. Silver would look really classy. Tommy has the exact wheel at the dealership going on his new S5. Said wheel actually on Tommy's previous S5...

Satin grey is also an option if you wanted more contrast.
    I'd love to get an RS3 in Florett, maybe in a few years if it's available.

For the wheels I want a bright finish that will match the trim on the car. Forgestar has a brushed titanium finish which would be perfect. Not sure if they have fitments for Audi though. I also need to see what size tires I can fit on the car. Tirerack only has 255 series tires listed and I want something a little wider than stock.

AZ Member #

^I forgive you!

Damn straight! 😋

NO.-5315 by Audiyos, on Flickr
    Very Nice!!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

For the wheels I want a bright finish that will match the trim on the car. Forgestar has a brushed titanium finish which would be perfect. Not sure if they have fitments for Audi though. I also need to see what size tires I can fit on the car. Tirerack only has 255 series tires listed and I want something a little wider than stock.
    I know a few guys with Florett ones on order.

I'm with you. We no longer source Forgestar (terrible organization) but I do enjoy a few of their wheels. We actually have one set of brushed V-FF 103 in stock. Crazy good deal. List is $2,600, and we're at $1,550 shipped. You'd want to run a 275/30 with these. They're 20x10 ET30.

Anyways, what ever you ended up going with, we can get it :) Except for Forgestar and Enlaes lol.

Congrats again!

AZ Member #

I'm with you. We no longer source Forgestar (terrible organization) but I do enjoy a few of their wheels. We actually have one set of brushed V-FF 103 in stock. Crazy good deal. List is $2,600, and we're at $1,550 shipped. You'd want to run a 275/30 with these. They're 20x10 ET30.

Anyways, what ever you ended up going with, we can get it :) Except for Forgestar and Enlaes lol.

Congrats again!
    Excellent! I'll let you know when I decide to upgrade the wheels. Thanks again!

AZ Member #

Does anyone know if wheels from any of the RS vehicles like the RS5 would fit the new SQ5? Found a company that's makes replicas, Hartmann Wheels, anyone have experience with them? Might be easier to go with replicas.

Thinking of something like this

http://nickscarblog.com/wp-content/u...5558a49db2.jpg

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Does anyone know if wheels from any of the RS vehicles like the RS5 would fit the new SQ5? Found a company that's makes replicas, Hartmann Wheels, anyone have experience with them? Might be easier to go with replicas.

Thinking of something like this

http://nickscarblog.com/wp-content/u...5558a49db2.jpg
    Hartmann is great! I have a set of s7 reps and they are excellent. They are hands down the best replica wheels company.

2017 S3 P+ (Mine) Daytona Gray Pearl / Black Optic / Carbon Fiber Package / 034 springs / H&R 12/15 spacers
    2012 Q5 P+ (Wife) Ibis White

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S3 and VW GTI
    Items for Sale

Congrats again Jim enjoy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi_Salesman View Post
    Congrats again Jim enjoy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I absolutely love the car, drives like a dream! Still trying to figure everything out but I'll get it. Thanks again for your help, you made the process very easy. Pleasure working with you.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by sean_entrust View Post
    Hartmann is great! I have a set of s7 reps and they are excellent. They are hands down the best replica wheels company.

Agreed! I personally ran a set on my A5.

Most sexy would be the RS5 rotor. 20x9 ET26.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

You'd want to run a 275/30 with these. They're 20x10 ET30.
    Hey Mops. . .I can't believe you'd make a blunder like this. Care to restate your tire size recommendation?

With a 20x10 et+30 wheel, you'll want a 295/40, although small spacers may be required, depending on the actual tire. A 285 would be perfect, but there aren't many options in that size. No one has come forward with the actual offset or fitment on the 2018's yet, so YMMV.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

AZ Member #

Decided to go with the Hartmann's, 20X9 ET29, going with a darker finish for a little contrast.

Now to figure out what size tires I can fit without rubbing when the suspension is fully lowered.

Wish I was close to a vendor who sells wheels so we can do some test fittings

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Hey Mops. . .I can't believe you'd make a blunder like this. Care to restate your tire size recommendation?
    Shit! I had A/S5 on the brain.

Mops on the move

AZ Member #

Shit! I had A/S5 on the brain.

Mops on the move
    Can you get Hartmann wheels Mops?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Can you get Hartmann wheels Mops?
    Yes sir! Very little discount from Hartmann, but yep. I can get you a shipped quote.

AZ Member #

Yes sir! Very little discount from Hartmann, but yep. I can get you a shipped quote.
    Excellent, I'll let you know when I'm ready to purchase. On a side note, I did a little feeling around the wheels front and back. Don't think anyone is gong to be fitting a tire larger than a 275, even that may be a stretch. Not much room or clearance.

Established Member Three Rings BG SQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

Welcome and great looking ride!

I had the same objective and ended up having a set custom finished because none of the brushed finishes (have a slight tint to them) or silvers matched the trim to my liking. It looks like the new model has a bit of a tint or more matte to the trim (especially the front end), so the Forgestar brushed titanium or Vorsteiner brushed Al should be close to perfect.

Decided to go with the Hartmann's, 20X9 ET29, going with a darker finish for a little contrast.

Now to figure out what size tires I can fit without rubbing when the suspension is fully lowered.

Wish I was close to a vendor who sells wheels so we can do some test fittings
    Holy shit- quickest wheel decision ever. I literally spent hours ever day for weeks researching and agonizing over fitment, finish, and price. I also exchanged countless emails and PMs with guys like Mops.

I'd at least get some rough measurements, and the back of the wheels should have the offset stamped too. You can do some test fitting of your own using spacers. Ie. throw a 25mm spacer front and back, and you'll know what a 9.5" with stock offset and 275 will fit like. That kind info will give a good idea of what wheel width and offset you should be considering without pushing the limits of clearance or poke (like we've done with the 295 setups at this point in the game on the 1st gens).

FWIW- I'd at least be looking at a 9.5" for a 275 or ideally 285 tire. Also, Hartmanns are going to have some weight to them. You should take Mops' advice and consider the Vorsteiners or BBS options. Those concave 20x10 103s in brushed Al would be REALLY nice...and for crazy good deal. Of course, we don't know what brake clearance will be like with those on a MY18.

If you manage to fit a 295 setup on a new model (need at least 10"), you'll be the talk of the town around here. Regardless, I'd suggest taking your time, getting ass much info as possible, and trying to do something special. IMO 20x9 Hartmann (that resemble 100s of wheels on the road) are are downgrade over those (21"?) stock rims that virtually no one has at this point. Maybe you can get a 275 on a 20x9 wheel, but if it's got to be a 40 series due to diameter, you're sacrificing sidewall. I'd rather run a 265/40/21 than a 275/40/20.

Quote Originally Posted by QShip18
    On a side note, I did a little feeling around the wheels front and back. Don't think anyone is gong to be fitting a tire larger than a 275, even that may be a stretch. Not much room or clearance.
    That's what they said with the first gens. Look at our wheel thread and see how close many are cutting it with the brakes and steering knuckle...within a few mms most times. Put 20mm spacers on and you'll know for sure if a 275 will rub the fenders. I bet 285/35/21 and 285/40/20 fit fine though. All the extra width can be on the outside, and those wheels look plenty tucked currently. Good luck...it's tough being the first.
    '15 SQ5 Daytona Gray - APR stage 2 - iABED/Fluidampr 187mm - aFe filter/034 tube - AWE exhaust - 034 mounts - 21" Forgestar CF10s w/295s - ecodes - deAuto LEDs - VCDS

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

Btw- someone needs to move this thread out of no man's land!
    '15 SQ5 Daytona Gray - APR stage 2 - iABED/Fluidampr 187mm - aFe filter/034 tube - AWE exhaust - 034 mounts - 21" Forgestar CF10s w/295s - ecodes - deAuto LEDs - VCDS

AZ Member #

Congrats again!
    Mops do you have a full picture of the VFF 103 wheels? The stock wheels are 8.5 inches wide, I'm wondering if I can get a 10 inch wide wheel to fit the car. Tire rack has 9.5 inch wheels with 25mm offset as the widest wheel.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

Exact same wheel (size and finish): http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...1#post12286192

Notice the 275/40s are a tad undersized. Many are running 295/40, but 285/40 would be nice too...assuming they fit.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BG SQ5 View Post
    Exact same wheel (size and finish): http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...1#post12286192

Notice the 275/40s are a tad undersized. Many are running 295/40, but 285/40 would be nice too...assuming they fit.
    That's a very big if. I'm very interested in the wheels especially at that price but I don't want to spend the money only to find out they don't fit right. I'd run the 285/40/20 just to be on the safe side.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Berk composing books as usual. 😛

What did I miss?

AZ Member #

What did I miss?
    Interested in the VFF 103's but concerned if they will fit the 18 SQ5. Tirerack has the widest wheel for the car as 20X9.5 ET25mm. Then what tire to run, 275 or 285. Don't think I'm going to fit a 295.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Interested in the VFF 103's but concerned if they will fit the 18 SQ5. Tirerack has the widest wheel for the car as 20X9.5 ET25mm. Then what tire to run, 275 or 285. Don't think I'm going to fit a 295.
    You cannot go by TR specs. I've trampled them over and over. Current Q's are running 10" ET20 on 295 with no issue. I suppose we could send you one 20x10 V-FF for a test fit?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

That's a very big if. I'm very interested in the wheels especially at that price but I don't want to spend the money only to find out they don't fit right. I'd run the 285/40/20 just to be on the safe side.
    I think the very first thing to find out is the offset of the stock 8.5s. Also, can you get a picture like these of the current clearance? That's how tight our 295 setups are.

You'd have to ask Mops, but maybe if you ordered the 103s from him/Supreme, you could test fit one for the brakes before mounting tires and return them if it doesn't work. You'd need a couple spacer options available when doing that. Those wheels are so nice and such a good deal. However, the deep concave profile and resulting spacers to clear the brakes is the only hang up with that particular set. IIRC, the 2018 SQs do have slightly smaller brakes then the previous gen though.

I'd be willing to bet most 20x10 in appropriate offsets with 285/40s will fit fine though (ie. BBS, Forgestar, etc.). There is a 103 in 20x10 et42 in brushed Al (W212 fitment) with the normal concave profile that would probably just need ~15mm spacer to clear the suspension. That obviously wouldn't poke out as much as the et30s (plus spacers for the brakes) that Mops has in stock but also wouldn't be as good of a deal either.

What did I miss?
    Hahaha. My keyboard is smoking.

I'm just trying to slow him down a bit and push a lighter, wider and more 'special' wheel. I think a 285/40/20 has got to fit...same with 285/35/21. I just wish we know what kind of spacers the deep concave 103s need to clear the 2018 brakes.

Btw- what happened with the newer concave 20x10 103 fitment for the Q5/SQ5? I don't see them listed at all anymore.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

You cannot go by TR specs. I've trampled them over and over. Current Q's are running 10" ET20 on 295 with no issue. I suppose we could send you one 20x10 V-FF for a test fit?
    There it is- test fitment of a deep concave 103 on a 2018!! Now we're breaking ground, haha

*10" et28 w/295 no issue here

AZ Member #

I trust your experience and judgment. Silly question but are these brand new in the box wheels? Just to confirm these are 20X10 ET30

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BG SQ5 View Post
    I think the very first thing to find out is the offset of the stock 8.5s. Also, can you get a picture like these of the current clearance? That's how tight our 295 setups are.

You'd have to ask Mops, but maybe if you ordered the 103s from him/Supreme, you could test fit one for the brakes before mounting tires and return them if it doesn't work. You'd need a couple spacer options available when doing that. Those wheels are so nice and such a good deal. However, the deep concave profile and resulting spacers to clear the brakes is the only hang up with that particular set. IIRC, the 2018 SQs do have slightly smaller brakes then the previous gen though.

I'd be willing to bet most 20x10 in appropriate offsets with 285/40s will fit fine though (ie. BBS, Forgestar, etc.). There is a 103 in 20x10 et42 in brushed Al (W212 fitment) with the normal concave profile that would probably just need ~15mm spacer to clear the suspension. That obviously wouldn't poke out as much as the et30s (plus spacers for the brakes) that Mops has in stock but also wouldn't be as good of a deal either.

Hahaha. My keyboard is smoking.

I'm just trying to slow him down a bit and push a lighter, wider and more 'special' wheel. I think a 285/40/20 has got to fit...same with 285/35/21. I just wish we know what kind of spacers the deep concave 103s need to clear the 2018 brakes.

Btw- what happened with the newer concave 20x10 103 fitment for the Q5/SQ5? I don't see them listed at all anymore.
    They are a killer deal which is why I'm so interested in them. I'm more worried about them poking out from the fenders than I am with inner clearance. I guess I could buy them, do a test fit without tires, and then sell them if they don't fit. I should be able to get back what I paid for them.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

I trust your experience and judgment. Silly question but are these brand new in the box wheels? Just to confirm these are 20X10 ET30
    Yes sir, BNIB 👍🏼 20x10 ET30.

Sorry for the delay. My "real" job kicked my ass today.

AZ Member #

Yes sir, BNIB 👍🏼 20x10 ET30.

Sorry for the delay. My "real" job kicked my ass today.
    Excellent, and you think these will fit with no rubbing or sticking out of the fender?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

Excellent, and you think these will fit with no rubbing or sticking out of the fender?
    10" ET30 will not stick out at all as-is. But in question are what spacers may be needed. This is very close to 10" ET30...

NO.-3989 by Audiyos, on Flickr

AZ Member #

10" ET30 will not stick out at all as-is. But in question are what spacers may be needed. This is very close to 10" ET30...

NO.-3989 by Audiyos, on Flickr
    That looks good, pretty flush with the fender. I prefer to not have to run spacers at all.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

That looks good, pretty flush with the fender. I prefer to not have to run spacers at all.
    I wish I had a better photo. They're inward a good 5mm. But those are 265.

NO.-3969 by Audiyos, on Flickr