Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings ak_siberian's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20RS5

2017 24 Hours of Le Mans

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Despite losing 40 or so minutes due to a malfunctioning electrical motor on front axle and obviously no longer in contention for a podium, it did manage to get back on the track. KUDOS to the mechanics.

Toyota has also had it's share of problems as Hybrid #8 is now over 46 minutes in the shop. Seems like it's a front end motor issue as well but hard to tell from the camera angle.

Current overall standing:

Positions 1-3 are LMP1 cars:
    Toyota Hybrid #7
    Porsche 919 Hybrid #1 37 seconds behind
    Toyota Hybrid 1 lap behind second

4th place Oreca LMP2 6 laps down

and below LMP2, GT Pro and AM

15 hours and 25 minutes left

Go PORSCHE!

siberian
    Last edited by ak_siberian; 06-17-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20RS5

Small update as I'm leaving soon to go fishing for a few days... yeah tried to tell the folks there that there was a conflict with the salmon run but... oh well

Porsche just took the lead followed by a Toyota one lap down. Seems the former lead Toyota #7 is limping into the pits.

First LMP2 cars are 6+ laps down

Sorry to miss this, but fish wait for no one. Off to Chitina for Copper River reds in the trusty VW Touareg V8 air suspension!

Go Porsche!

siberian

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20RS5

ALLRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With 12 hours remaining

Porsche is leading, seems the Toyotas all dropped out. A great second place for the Oreca/Gibson Team in LMP2 category 8 laps down. The #2 Porsche 919 that spent nearly an hour in the pits due to a front axle electrical motor problem is now 18 laps down... sorry no idea what happened to the Toyotas. It looked like an electrical motor problem but again hard to see form the camera angle what they were working on.

This will be my last update as I head out the door. There's 5 of us so our cap will be 155 Copper River reds, seems they might open Kings up on Monday!

You can catch the race on Eurosport or on youtube

Have a great weekend and let's hope Porsche brings it home!

siberian