Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 15 2017
    AZ Member #
    401144
    Location
    ankara

    Cool Let's Collect Engine Oil Burning Issues and Reactions of Car Manufacturers/Dealers!

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,

    The purpose of opening this subject might have been understood by its title. My experience is with AUDI AG and AUDI Turkey. Share your own experiences too. Moreover, support the campaign that I announced 4 days ago (details are given below) and let's warn the car manufacturers/dealers about their inattentive approaches to the issues due to especially their own faults!

    My engine oil burn issue occured a few months ago. My car is a year 2010 model and this model has an well-known insistent design/manufacturing fault from the beginning that AUDI is responsible for this fault. Though the issue is due to the fault of manufacturer, AUDI, neither AUDI AG nor AUDI Turkey has undertaken this responsibility. After all, I decided to have my car's engine rebuilt and I paid its cost by myself which is a big amount a few days ago.

    I have prepared a video for this experience and have started a logo modification campaign too. If you have such kind of experiences why don't you join and support this campaign?

    You can find the details in the below video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS5p9BzNJo8

    I am waiting for your supports and sharings.
    Why are we still advertising these irresponsible manufacturers/dealers on our cars with their logos!.

    Note: If you decide to modify the logo of your car, please share the picture of its new look, I am waiting for your creative modifications.

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Good morning, thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to learn of your concerns with your Audi. I understand you have been in communication with AUDI AG and Audi Turkey.
    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Established Member Two Rings FastMoneyPlaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2010
    AZ Member #
    56264
    My Garage
    S5, A4 and GL350 Bluetec
    Location
    East Coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Good morning, thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to learn of your concerns with your Audi. I understand you have been in communication with AUDI AG and Audi Turkey.
    I've had the same bad experience with my A4 and Audi is giving me a hard time about fixing it. I initially reported the problem just 2K miles after I bought the car as Certified Pre Owned from Audi... Been adding oil for years. Now I just found out about the class action lawsuit through the internet and want to get it fixed... But Audi only wants to pay for half of the $6K repair - even though they are 100% liable.


    2010 S5, 6spd, Prestige, B&O

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings FastMoneyPlaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2010
    AZ Member #
    56264
    My Garage
    S5, A4 and GL350 Bluetec
    Location
    East Coast

    Quote Originally Posted by tumcakirm View Post
    Hello,

    The purpose of opening this subject might have been understood by its title. My experience is with AUDI AG and AUDI Turkey. Share your own experiences too. Moreover, support the campaign that I announced 4 days ago (details are given below) and let's warn the car manufacturers/dealers about their inattentive approaches to the issues due to especially their own faults!

    My engine oil burn issue occured a few months ago. My car is a year 2010 model and this model has an well-known insistent design/manufacturing fault from the beginning that AUDI is responsible for this fault. Though the issue is due to the fault of manufacturer, AUDI, neither AUDI AG nor AUDI Turkey has undertaken this responsibility. After all, I decided to have my car's engine rebuilt and I paid its cost by myself which is a big amount a few days ago.

    I have prepared a video for this experience and have started a logo modification campaign too. If you have such kind of experiences why don't you join and support this campaign?

    You can find the details in the below video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS5p9BzNJo8

    I am waiting for your supports and sharings.
    Why are we still advertising these irresponsible manufacturers/dealers on our cars with their logos!.

    Note: If you decide to modify the logo of your car, please share the picture of its new look, I am waiting for your creative modifications.

    Hi-

    Great video!

    I am having the same problem with my A4. Has Audi resolved this for you yet? They are still giving me a hard time. I am now taking it to my State Attorney General as advised to me by a lemon lawyer.

    Thanks


    2010 S5, 6spd, Prestige, B&O

  5. #5
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 15 2017
    AZ Member #
    401144
    Location
    ankara

    Hi fastmoneyplaya,

    Sorry for late respond. Since mid-june I have been trying to take attention in many platforms and forums. I might not have set for notification for messages coming from this forum. Yes your case much resembles to mine. In my case, when the car was 2 years old, at around 70000 km mileage, it is recorded that the previous owner took the car to service with oil consumption complaint. And the service applied to the car stage 1 repair, by updating its software and changing the oil separator and oil felt just as in your case. Short time later than this I bought the car and continue using it by adding 1 liter in every about 4000 km. Now I undestand that the stage 1 repair is not solving the problem completely and stage 2 repair namely engine rebuilding action is inevitable in some time, at some unknown age and mileage. However, both my audi dealer and your audi dealer are discussing on the ages of our cars when we request the cost of the stage 2 repair that has taken place in any time in any age. This approach cannot be accepted. They must undertake the total cost completely, because the stage 1 repair is not the solution of the problem, the first choice must have been the engine rebuilt choice which is the complete solution when the customers had come with that complaint for the first time.
    Wish you luck with solving your problem without cost.
    Regards,

    LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

  6. #6
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 15 2017
    AZ Member #
    401144
    Location
    ankara

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Good morning, thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to learn of your concerns with your Audi. I understand you have been in communication with AUDI AG and Audi Turkey.
    Hi Audi USA,

    Thank you very much for your attention to my problem from overseas. Though I live in Turkey, we might have special spiritual relation with you as my car is an American version. :)
    Actually Audi AG and Audi Turkey cut the conversation with me, after they called me and told that they would not support me on this issue since the car is at 7 years old in April 2017. Since then I tried to take their attention with various means and justifications but they have never discussed with me again on this issue. And finally I had to have the engine of my car rebuilt in mid-June 2017 by paying the bill by myself, which is about 4500 usd. After then, I sent a final email to Audi Turkey for a final warning purposes and I started these campaigns all around the Internet. Still no response so far. After rebuilt, I have driven 2000 kms with no oil level decrease on the display. I guess this is a definite solution even solution for brand new cars too, since they are normal to consume up to 1 liter per 2000 kms (just as written in user's manual), on the other hand, my engine revisioned car seems to be normally burning oil of 1 liter of more than 10000 kms mileage maybe no oil addition between successive periodical maintenance occasions.
    Now I am preparing to start a lawsuit process here, just like a lemon lawyer support, for this monday. I still feel so bad and unhappy about Audi authorities here.
    Thanks again for your support. Please do not give up supporting your local customers having such kind of issues. You look very smart, wise, friendly and fine by doing so. Good job!
    I wish the other local dealers decide to act like you, taking a place by the side of their customers.

    Best regards,
    Muharrem

    LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

  7. #7
    Established Member Two Rings FastMoneyPlaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2010
    AZ Member #
    56264
    My Garage
    S5, A4 and GL350 Bluetec
    Location
    East Coast

    Quote Originally Posted by tumcakirm View Post
    Hi fastmoneyplaya,

    Sorry for late respond. Since mid-june I have been trying to take attention in many platforms and forums. I might not have set for notification for messages coming from this forum. Yes your case much resembles to mine. In my case, when the car was 2 years old, at around 70000 km mileage, it is recorded that the previous owner took the car to service with oil consumption complaint. And the service applied to the car stage 1 repair, by updating its software and changing the oil separator and oil felt just as in your case. Short time later than this I bought the car and continue using it by adding 1 liter in every about 4000 km. Now I undestand that the stage 1 repair is not solving the problem completely and stage 2 repair namely engine rebuilding action is inevitable in some time, at some unknown age and mileage. However, both my audi dealer and your audi dealer are discussing on the ages of our cars when we request the cost of the stage 2 repair that has taken place in any time in any age. This approach cannot be accepted. They must undertake the total cost completely, because the stage 1 repair is not the solution of the problem, the first choice must have been the engine rebuilt choice which is the complete solution when the customers had come with that complaint for the first time.
    Wish you luck with solving your problem without cost.
    Regards,

    LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    This arrogant treatment of loyal customers will only cost Audi lost sales in the long run. Thanks for your efforts to bring this issue to the public. Hopefully Audi will do the right thing and assume full liability. When I brought my car in 2K miles after I bought it, Audi said it was normal to burn 1 quart per 1K miles - which is BS. Now that they lost a class action law suit in 2015 and I want to make a claim, they try and claim my car is out of warranty. But it was under warranty when I complained 2K miles after I bought it. I asked the service manager of the dealership who I bought it from to provide me with records from the previous owner, but they claim they have no records. But that didnt' stop them from selling the car to me as "Certified PreOwned"...

    Good luck with your law suits. Hopefully you will get some damages on top!
    2010 S5, 6spd, Prestige, B&O

  8. #8
    Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by FastMoneyPlaya View Post
    I've had the same bad experience with my A4 and Audi is giving me a hard time about fixing it. I initially reported the problem just 2K miles after I bought the car as Certified Pre Owned from Audi... Been adding oil for years. Now I just found out about the class action lawsuit through the internet and want to get it fixed... But Audi only wants to pay for half of the $6K repair - even though they are 100% liable.


    Good morning, I would like to discuss your concerns and will follow up with you via your PM.
    Audi Social Community Manager

  9. #9
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 15 2017
    AZ Member #
    401144
    Location
    ankara

    That's a great news! I hope you will agree on a best solution for both sides, and for me to share such a good news hopefully. Good luck!

    LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.