Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 59 of 59
  1. #41
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecard View Post
    Yes, I did get them from ECS. They have popped again, so I have painters tape on them and set them in the sun hoping the heat will let them form more to the cover.

    Same here!







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

  2. #42
    Established Member Two Rings Reecard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    386446
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan

    My back cover will not stay on! It just keeps popping off! 😡

  3. #43
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2012
    AZ Member #
    89949
    Location
    Barboursville, WV

    That's so odd. Mine stuck right away, and I was worrying about how I'd pop them off if I wasn't precise putting them on the first time. Luckily I was. I never had any issues with them coming off. All stayed on tight from the first stick on.
    2015 Audi []SQ5
    Sepang Blue--Black/Lunar Silver
    [P+/MMI Nav+/B&O/21" Gloss BLACK SQ5 rims/Black Optic/ECodes/RS Grille/Eurocode Sways/Alu Kreuz/Bilstein PSS10 Coils/Brembo BBK/Stop Tech Rotors/ECS 17.5 Spacers/CF Mirrors, Door Handles, Engine Bay, Paddle Shifters, Interior bits/AWE S-Flo CF Intake/034 Inlet hose/MagnaFlow Exhaust/EPL Stage I tune/VCDS]

  4. #44
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Hmm. Bummer. My smaller piece still keeps popping on one side but I've retapped it harder with painting tape!!

    My bigger V6 one seems to be stuck on fine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

  5. #45
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Engine Covers...

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSQ5 View Post
    Hmm. Bummer. My smaller piece still keeps popping on one side but I've retapped it harder with painting tape!!

    My bigger V6 one seems to be stuck on fine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The big one is on but small one keeps popping. So annoying. Gorilla glue?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

  6. #46
    Established Member Two Rings Reecard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    386446
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSQ5 View Post
    The big one is on but small one keeps popping. So annoying. Gorilla glue?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am wondering if they have had a problem with the rear mold, since both of us just bought ours at the same time and we are both having issues with the same piece? I have some tape from work that is used by automotive to hold body panels on, that should do the trick! And it is made in Germany, its a win win! Keep me posted if you get yours on, and staying.
    Reecard
    2016 SQ5
    Daytona Grey Pearl

  7. #47
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by Reecard View Post
    I am wondering if they have had a problem with the rear mold, since both of us just bought ours at the same time and we are both having issues with the same piece? I have some tape from work that is used by automotive to hold body panels on, that should do the trick! And it is made in Germany, its a win win! Keep me posted if you get yours on, and staying.
    Good point. I am going to call ECS today and see how helpful they are? Perhaps they can send a new piece without their adhesives?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

  8. #48
    Established Member Two Rings Reecard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    386446
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSQ5 View Post
    Good point. I am going to call ECS today and see how helpful they are? Perhaps they can send a new piece without their adhesives?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me know how that goes.
    Reecard
    2016 SQ5
    Daytona Grey Pearl

  9. #49
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings ECS Tuning-Audi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2006
    AZ Member #
    70746
    Location
    Wadsworth,OH

    Worst case you may need to use some different adhesive. The 3M heavy duty tape sold at most hardware stores has always worked well for me. I'll show this thread to our project coordinator. If more issues keep arising we may need to make a change to what adhesive is supplied with these covers.

    Jason

    sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
    Customer Service Hours: 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST
    Sales Team Hours: 8:00AM to 11:00PM EST
    800.924.5172
    OEM Audi Part Number Search with Pricing<--- Click me!

  10. #50
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi View Post
    Worst case you may need to use some different adhesive. The 3M heavy duty tape sold at most hardware stores has always worked well for me. I'll show this thread to our project coordinator. If more issues keep arising we may need to make a change to what adhesive is supplied with these covers.

    Jason
    So I just spoke to ECS. They said they have not had this issue come up so far so do not have a trend to say for sure that it may not be cut perfect for the SQ5 which makes sense. The rep was very helpful. As recommended, I have ordered a second set and am paying for it for now. If the second set has the same issue then I will return both sets for refunds. My hope is the second one works and I only have to return one of them.

    Jason - Ideally I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I am not sure if I peel out the numerous adhesives that are already on if it could end up damaging or bending the piece since it is quite soft and flexible. I did not want to risk damaging it. The adhesives on my smaller piece have probably worn out by now. I am a bit surprised the ECS is using that adhesive when it is not strong? I would think that is a minor tweak for a fairly expensive product.

    Reecard - Has your bigger piece stayed on fine, I put that on yesterday evening but will need to check after work today if it still held up.
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

  11. #51
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings ECS Tuning-Audi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2006
    AZ Member #
    70746
    Location
    Wadsworth,OH

    You won't damage the piece by removing the adhesive. Even though its thin and flexible carbon fiber is pretty resilient.

    This has never been an issue until now that people are trying to fit this on SQ5's We have plenty of S4 owners using these without issue. So I'm not sure it is an issue with the adhesive if it works on one vehicle and not another it wasn't guaranteed to fit.

    The easiest/quickest solution would be to use a stronger double sided tape which is available at most hardware stores.

    Jason

    sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
    Customer Service Hours: 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST
    Sales Team Hours: 8:00AM to 11:00PM EST
    800.924.5172
    OEM Audi Part Number Search with Pricing<--- Click me!

  12. #52
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Will I still be able to return it if I remove the adhesive I got it with and try with another one and it does not work?
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

  13. #53
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings ECS Tuning-Audi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2006
    AZ Member #
    70746
    Location
    Wadsworth,OH

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSQ5 View Post
    Will I still be able to return it if I remove the adhesive I got it with and try with another one and it does not work?
    You may try the new adhesive and if it still does not work we'll allow you to send it back. I'm fairly confident a stronger adhesive will correct the issue.

    Jason

    sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
    Customer Service Hours: 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST
    Sales Team Hours: 8:00AM to 11:00PM EST
    800.924.5172
    OEM Audi Part Number Search with Pricing<--- Click me!

  14. #54
    Established Member Two Rings Reecard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    386446
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSQ5 View Post
    So I just spoke to ECS. They said they have not had this issue come up so far so do not have a trend to say for sure that it may not be cut perfect for the SQ5 which makes sense. The rep was very helpful. As recommended, I have ordered a second set and am paying for it for now. If the second set has the same issue then I will return both sets for refunds. My hope is the second one works and I only have to return one of them.

    Jason - Ideally I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I am not sure if I peel out the numerous adhesives that are already on if it could end up damaging or bending the piece since it is quite soft and flexible. I did not want to risk damaging it. The adhesives on my smaller piece have probably worn out by now. I am a bit surprised the ECS is using that adhesive when it is not strong? I would think that is a minor tweak for a fairly expensive product.

    Reecard - Has your bigger piece stayed on fine, I put that on yesterday evening but will need to check after work today if it still held up.
    My bigger piece has stuck just fine, it is the smaller one that will not stay.
    Reecard
    2016 SQ5
    Daytona Grey Pearl

  15. #55
    Established Member Two Rings Reecard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    386446
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan

    I just got home and I was able to easily peel the tape off of the small carbon fiber piece. I applied the tape I got from work, WOW this stuff is amazing.
    Reecard
    2016 SQ5
    Daytona Grey Pearl

  16. #56
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by Reecard View Post
    I just got home and I was able to easily peel the tape off of the small carbon fiber piece. I applied the tape I got from work, WOW this stuff is amazing.
    Nice. What tape did you use?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

  17. #57
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi View Post
    You may try the new adhesive and if it still does not work we'll allow you to send it back. I'm fairly confident a stronger adhesive will correct the issue.

    Jason
    Thanks Jason. Can you help me cancel order #901-860-329? I ordered it per the reps suggestion but will give the new tape a try


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

  18. #58
    Established Member Two Rings Reecard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    386446
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSQ5 View Post
    Nice. What tape did you use?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know we received this as a sample, it is used by automotive companies to hold body panels in place and man does it work!! It's called tesa ACX plus and we received it from Marian company out of Indianapolis.

    I ended up pulling the larger cover off and retapping it down using this stuff as well.

  19. #59
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392427
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by Reecard View Post
    I know we received this as a sample, it is used by automotive companies to hold body panels in place and man does it work!! It's called tesa ACX plus and we received it from Marian company out of Indianapolis.

    I ended up pulling the larger cover off and retapping it down using this stuff as well.
    Sweet. Thanks man. I found it on Amazon and ordered some. Will do same for big one too!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 SQ5 with Carbon Fiber Trim
    VMR V702 Gunmetal 20" Rims with spacers
    Xenon Fog light swaps
    Grocery Bag Hooks drilled into Cargo Cover
    Carista App
    Next Mods:
    Suspension: Air?
    Instagram: GoSQ5 https://www.instagram.com/gosq5/?hl=en

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.