Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    The LPFP utilisation is too high, thats your issue at this stage.
    are you saying replace the lpfp and fuel control module?

Established Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blakefife View Post
    are you saying replace the lpfp and fuel control module?
    No, I'm saying log the LPFP at WOT and change the fuel filter. I think you're up for a new LPFP though
    A4 B7 2.0L TSFI (Mauritius Blue) | KO4 + Autotech HPFP upgrade + BSR Stage II tune - 2.5" BSR CAT-back - CAI| S3 Inj. DW300c LPFP | GFB DV+ | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims | R8 Coils | 034 RSB, control arms, end links, street density engine & CVT mounts - snub nose - HFC | Cupra R lip | 7" Erisin 2028AM - Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub| Yellow Fogs, LEDs throughout | CXRacing FMIC - B12 Bilstein Suspension + H&R Springs | S4 brake upgrade and braided lines.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    No, I'm saying log the LPFP at WOT and change the fuel filter. I think you're up for a new LPFP though
    I did change the fuel filter like 2 weeks ago with a MANN lol. Ill go take a drive right now...

Established Member Four Rings pezgoon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dreaded P0089 CEL code came back

Quote Originally Posted by WwM87 View Post
    Had similar issues I changed the cam follower, got rid of the pcv and put on a catch can then got my intake cleaned of all carbon deposits and now it's cherry running perfect. Btw this issue your dealing with starts with the cam follower which cause irregular fuel flow under load and that causes irregular vacuum pressure which over time kills the fragile pcv then with a bad pcv causing poor vacuum that allows for a high rate of carbon build up in the intake and no matter how much cleaner you put in the fuel system it's won't be able to keep up with the amount of carbon your engine is now producing at this point then ounce you have poor fuel flow, uneven vacuum pressure and raising carbon deposits blocking your intake and restricting your valves all of that will cause misfires usually under load and could lead up to catastrophic engine failure. I HIGHLY recommend doing all three things at the same time they are all equally important. I hope that helps, best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Your way late to the party, don't be sending the op backwards because you don't wanna read the whole thread lol

I did change the fuel filter like 2 weeks ago with a MANN lol. Ill go take a drive right now...
    Completely agree with okey dokey, as I said last night you need to log your lpfp at idle and at wot, if it's reading 80% duty cycle at such a low rpm that would be your issue

Plus that is the same code my mothers had (the 310) and we replaced everything except the lpfp before selling it, the only thing left was that but she just lived with it because of how much money we put into it do to the misdirection of a mechanic (who would've guessed it)

I just looked up the channels I was dumb and it was the wrong log 103 and 106 and 14

I'm guessing you don't know how to log yet so you wanna just type in those numbers in the measuring blocks. Hit go, then you hit log in the bottom right, press start, do all the testing, so do some idling do some wot runs etc, then click stop and save it, then put the file (or open it into) excel, clean it up (so get rid of electric pump 3/4 fuel pump shut off tim, adaption value of the pump, and just some other useless info) make a graph and post the graph

We are looking for a comparison of the fuel pumps duty cycle, in relation to engine speed, I chose one that had misfire counter so that that could be included too so I would suggest starting the log before starting the car, it should remain active

Last edited by pezgoon; Today at 07:44 AM.
    Eric

2005.5 6mt A4 2.0(red T ) Silver metallic outside, Platinum inside.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by pezgoon View Post
    Your way late to the party, don't be sending the op backwards because you don't wanna read the whole thread lol

Completely agree with okey dokey, as I said last night you need to log your lpfp at idle and at wot, if it's reading 80% duty cycle at such a low rpm that would be your issue

Plus that is the same code my mothers had (the 310) and we replaced everything except the lpfp before selling it, the only thing left was that but she just lived with it because of how much money we put into it do to the misdirection of a mechanic (who would've guessed it)

I just looked up the channels I was dumb and it was the wrong log 103 and 106 and 14

I'm guessing you don't know how to log yet so you wanna just type in those numbers in the measuring blocks. Hit go, then you hit log in the bottom right, press start, do all the testing, so do some idling do some wot runs etc, then click stop and save it, then put the file (or open it into) excel, clean it up (so get rid of electric pump 3/4 fuel pump shut off tim, adaption value of the pump, and just some other useless info) make a graph and post the graph

We are looking for a comparison of the fuel pumps duty cycle, in relation to engine speed, I chose one that had misfire counter so that that could be included too so I would suggest starting the log before starting the car, it should remain active

Heres the link the the log. Pay attention only to the beginning of the log as I started logging then did like 1/8 mile WOT and then coasted and drove around.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...Fg0YkpOeVdKWDQ

picture of the chart i made since that wont show up:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...2F5UHZhWWF1cW8

LPFP is failing? Why did i receive that code for low voltage fuel pump control module?
    Last edited by blakefife; Today at 08:26 AM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm interested in the outcome

Sent from my SM-G930P using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Heres the link the the log. Pay attention only to the beginning of the log as I started logging then did like 1/8 mile WOT and then coasted and drove around.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...Fg0YkpOeVdKWDQ

picture of the chart i made since that wont show up:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...2F5UHZhWWF1cW8

LPFP is failing? Why did i receive that code for low voltage fuel pump control module?
    Just curious, was any part of the logging done at idle? Like sitting in your driveway idling, that is one of the most important measurements but (see below

Quote Originally Posted by eljefe1981 View Post
    I'm interested in the outcome

Sent from my SM-G930P using Audizine mobile app
    Preliminary determination would be that your lpfp is bad or your lpfp module, or both, because you got the code for the module it could have failed as well, they are roughly the same price but the lpfp module requires dropping the tank to replace (if I'm not mistaken) so it's your choice which you try first

Again though if you could get a log even like just 30 seconds of just sitting idling not in gear nothing that would be the best determination but your duty cycle isn't dropping below 80% and at idle it should be around 50%

Eric

Senior Member Three Rings klrider44's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What would indicate a bad lpfp module?

AZ Member #

Just curious, was any part of the logging done at idle? Like sitting in your driveway idling, that is one of the most important measurements but (see below

Preliminary determination would be that your lpfp is bad or your lpfp module, or both, because you got the code for the module it could have failed as well, they are roughly the same price but the lpfp module requires dropping the tank to replace (if I'm not mistaken) so it's your choice which you try first

Again though if you could get a log even like just 30 seconds of just sitting idling not in gear nothing that would be the best determination but your duty cycle isn't dropping below 80% and at idle it should be around 50%

post #70 bro.

Established Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have two (2) control modules, a brand new OE LPFP - just the pump (installed once then removed), and a HPFP for sale.
    A4 B7 2.0L TSFI (Mauritius Blue) | KO4 + Autotech HPFP upgrade + BSR Stage II tune - 2.5" BSR CAT-back - CAI| S3 Inj. DW300c LPFP | GFB DV+ | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims | R8 Coils | 034 RSB, control arms, end links, street density engine & CVT mounts - snub nose - HFC | Cupra R lip | 7" Erisin 2028AM - Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub| Yellow Fogs, LEDs throughout | CXRacing FMIC - B12 Bilstein Suspension + H&R Springs | S4 brake upgrade and braided lines.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by klrider44 View Post
    What would indicate a bad lpfp module?

The module failing can give similar symptoms as to the lpfp failing

Also if the module is failing it can ruin multiple lpfp' before it's replaced

post #70 bro.

Unless you have an aftermarket ecu with a ridiculously high idle for some reason

That's not idle

The car idles at 800-900 rpm

Not 2,000

So again, it would be awesome if you could post a log or even just watch it yourself, if your still seeing 80% at idle your lpfp or module is bad

Personally I'd start with the pump, you said the car has 150k right?

Eric

AZ Member #

The module failing can give similar symptoms as to the lpfp failing

Also if the module is failing it can ruin multiple lpfp' before it's replaced

Unless you have an aftermarket ecu with a ridiculously high idle for some reason

That's not idle

The car idles at 800-900 rpm

Not 2,000

So again, it would be awesome if you could post a log or even just watch it yourself, if your still seeing 80% at idle your lpfp or module is bad

Personally I'd start with the pump, you said the car has 150k right?

ok so the module or lpfp is bad. how can i determine if its the module alone/pump alone or combination of both?

Senior Member Three Rings klrider44's Avatar
    AZ Member #

ok so the module or lpfp is bad. how can i determine if its the module alone/pump alone or combination of both?
    I'm interested in this as well. I will be going on my 3rd lpfp....

AZ Member #

Well there's pretty much two ways, replace the pump and see if it fixes it or if (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by klrider44 View Post
    I'm interested in this as well. I will be going on my 3rd lpfp....

You replace it three times and it hasn't worked? It's time to drop the tank and check out the module, see if there is anything obvious and whether there is or isn't because it's so hard to get it out, you might as well replace it anyways

More often than not it's simply the pump but the module can and does fail and then you go through a bunch of pumps and it was the module the whole time

There's no real way to tell, just trial and error

It's like the fan module, sure you could just replace the fan, but if it's the module that's bad then the fan will just fail again, and vice versa

Last edited by pezgoon; Today at 03:09 PM.
    Eric

AZ Member #

Well there's pretty much two ways, replace the pump and see if it fixes it or if (see below)

You replace it three times and it hasn't worked? It's time to drop the tank and check out the module, see if there is anything obvious and whether there is or isn't because it's so hard to get it out, you might as well replace it anyways

More often than not it's simply the pump but the module can and does fail and then you go through a bunch of pumps and it was the module the whole time

There's no real way to tell, just trial and error

It's like the fan module, sure you could just replace the fan, but if it's the module that's bad then the fan will just fail again, and vice versa

So Ill fix the module first

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 ZCP Competition M3

I really hope you didnt drop the tank to replace the module. I just replaced mine with the RS4 controller by just loosening the straps and letting it sag a bit.
    2006 Sline A4 Quattro 2.0T | JHM K04R | JHM Tuning | JHM HPFP Upgrade, S3 Injectors, RS4 Fuel Controller | R8 Ignition Coils | APR Carbonio CAI | AWE FMIC | Golf R Intake Camshaft | USP Test Pipe, Europaparts Catback | JHM Lightweight Crank Pulley |

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B7S3wannabi View Post
    I really hope you didnt drop the tank to replace the module. I just replaced mine with the RS4 controller by just loosening the straps and letting it sag a bit.
    ill keep this in mind thanks. should i inquire to Audi of America about this issue and see if its covered by warranty? 2006 a4 137k miles.

AZ Member #

So Ill fix the module first
    Personally I'd suggest the pump first, it's the more likely one

Quote Originally Posted by B7S3wannabi View Post
    Never had to do it and that's still dropping the tank lol, I didn't say how much

ill keep this in mind thanks. should i inquire to Audi of America about this issue and see if its covered by warranty? 2006 a4 137k miles.
    Your far from having any sort of warranty lol
    The last one would've been the 10 year 100k extended for the hpfp but it's too late for that

Although you do have the code

Eric

AZ Member #

just found this on a TSB:

2006 AUDI A4 Technical Service Bulletin

HOME A AUDI A4 2006 10033025
    NHTSA Item Number: 10033025
    Service Bulletin #: TSB-24-10-01
    Replacement #:
    Vehicle/Equipment Make: AUDI
    Vehicle/Eqipment Model: A4
    Model Year: 2006
    Mfg Component Code: 091130 FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY:PRESSURE RELIEF DEVICES
    Date of Bulletin: 2010-01-12
    Date Added: 2010-06-25
    Summary: AUDI: DUE TO FUEL INTRUSION INTO THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR (G410), A FALSE SIGNAL MAY BE SENT TO THE CONTROLLER, RESULTING IN A READING THAT IS OUT OF TOLERANCE. COMPARING MEASURE VALUE BLOCK 103 WITH 106 IS NOT AN ACCU

See whole list of TSB's here: http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/200...57-2006-1.html

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 ZCP Competition M3

Never had to do it and that's still dropping the tank lol, I didn't say how much
    Haha. Touche
    2006 Sline A4 Quattro 2.0T | JHM K04R | JHM Tuning | JHM HPFP Upgrade, S3 Injectors, RS4 Fuel Controller | R8 Ignition Coils | APR Carbonio CAI | AWE FMIC | Golf R Intake Camshaft | USP Test Pipe, Europaparts Catback | JHM Lightweight Crank Pulley |

AZ Member #

just found this on a TSB:

2006 AUDI A4 Technical Service Bulletin

HOME A AUDI A4 2006 10033025
    NHTSA Item Number: 10033025
    Service Bulletin #: TSB-24-10-01
    Replacement #:
    Vehicle/Equipment Make: AUDI
    Vehicle/Eqipment Model: A4
    Model Year: 2006
    Mfg Component Code: 091130 FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY:PRESSURE RELIEF DEVICES
    Date of Bulletin: 2010-01-12
    Date Added: 2010-06-25
    Summary: AUDI: DUE TO FUEL INTRUSION INTO THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR (G410), A FALSE SIGNAL MAY BE SENT TO THE CONTROLLER, RESULTING IN A READING THAT IS OUT OF TOLERANCE. COMPARING MEASURE VALUE BLOCK 103 WITH 106 IS NOT AN ACCU

See whole list of TSB's here: http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/200...57-2006-1.html
    Sure it could be that too, never heard of that one before but why not lol

Maybe that's the other guys problem too, but he hasn't replaced his module either

I've just been telling you what the solutions have been for everyone else lol

Eric

AZ Member #

I actually read this again and this could not happen because I replaced the thrust sensor g410 in the beginning... my bad... disregard.

fuel control module and lpfp still on the replace list.