Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

07 S4 headlights completely frayed, need guidance.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey everybody, this is my first post so go easy on me lol.

Both of my headlight wiring inside the housing is frayed and causing me to get multiple codes. Is there anywhere I can get brand new wiring or do I have to buy a whole new assembly? I have stock HID's.

This brings me to a follow up question that I'll probably get roasted for but it's because I'm trying to understand my limitations (and i'm not trying to spend $2000 on new assemblies.) If I wanted to convert to a nice set of halogen aftermarket lights, would this be possible? More specifically, is the main headlight plug that housing goes into the same for both HID and halogen and if so, what would happen if I plugged some in?

Appreciate any info received.

Nick

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98 Honda Prelude Type SH

All off the sleeping on the wires had flaked off of mine. I took everything apart and tightly and neatly wrapped electrical tape around them. May seem like a lot, but cheaper than buying new headlights.
    I canít chime in on where to find new wiring.
    The s4 has projector beams that are designed for a HID bulb. Philips makes a reasonably priced aftermarket one if I remember correctly. Not sure how a halogen would work out in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98 Honda Prelude Type SH

Sleeving* not sleeping. Dammit

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Same happened on my '06 B7... wiring was almost completely bare inside the housings. I slathered them w/ liquid tape, making sure they were separated and it's working.
    However, I REALLY want to pull the bi-xenon/adaptive housings out and replace w/ non-adaptive halogens or LEDs. I know that's opposite from where most folks go, but my car isn't worth putting new housings in.

If anyone has ideas or instructions on what has to be done to "downgrade" and install some non-adaptive housings in, I'd be appreciative.