Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings 710motorsports's Avatar
    AZ Member #

B7 2.7t swap Ecu tune

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    First off, this is my first real post here so bare with me, I am new to the site but have learned so much from other form members, so let me start by saying thanks. I am currently swapping a 2.7t into an 06 A4 Quattro, was a tip car, will now be swapping to 01E 6speed. as the title states I am looking for someone to tune my ECU the motor is and ecu are from an 01 s4. Clint is currently handling the wiring harness like a boss but I need someone who can tune me for 450-500hp. I'll list all mods below. I'd like to keep stock MAF for now unless someone has an RS4 MAF for cheap, I'd like to tune that in if possible. Will post pics as the project continues now I'm just replacing seals, sensors, hoses, painting the motor and accessories, getting the engine bay prepped and painted for the day the turbos and wiring harness is done. PM me if you have experience with costs and precious results??

01e 6speed

ECS single flywheel stage 2 clutch

RS4 KO4s

SACCS 3-2.5inch Downpipes

2.5in Straight pipe exhaust

EBAY BI pipes

eBay FMIC

Custom cold air intake

SAI delete

Im open to getting more upgrades just not sure what else to get to get me to that 500 mark for sure, open to all suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7

I know solo motorsports custom tunes. And you also have Apr and giac respectively. They can all build you what your looking for. Chicago Phantom also has a good tuner.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings jasonsowers's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You're going to have to go to you local tuner for support no way would I dare do this over sending an ECU back and forth 40x's for revisions.
    http://i37.tinypic.com/2u637gk.jpg
    2002 Laser Avant that is amazing
    2000 Brilliant Black Stage 3 K04/RS6 hybrid sedan that was just as amazing (sold)

aka : johndoes4
    aim : johndoe4742

Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3
    Items for Sale

SoloMotorsports
    Blake Beadle @ ETSpec
    @stuklr on the forums
    EPL
    Mirza @ VAG Autowerks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsowers View Post
    You're going to have to go to you local tuner for support no way would I dare do this over sending an ECU back and forth 40x's for revisions.
    Email . Can flash the file yourself with the Nefmoto software and a FTDI cable.
    -Hayden

AZ Member #

Okay I'm in Denver, I was pretty sure someone could email me files and I could upload them. I also forgot to add 52lb injectors. If someone here can do it PM me with the cost and how quickly we could get it done

AZ Member #

First off, budget + build is never a good outcome. Budget + 2.7t + stage 3.....I hope you have lots of free time for tinkering, repairs and upgrades. :-)

Dave @ Motoza can tune the 2.7t and is likely the lowest cost for an established business. He's also close to you.

What are you doing for fuel? You won't get to 500hp (crank?) with the stock fuel setup....or stock MAF or stock intercoolers.

And clutch. What is that ECS kit rated for?

Are those genuine Borg Warner KO4s?
    B6 2.7t -- F21 MF -- Tuned by Bische --
    B7 2.0t

Detailing questions? Email me:
    Detailing District

AZ Member #

Borg warner ko4s yes.

85mm MAF

Not sure On clutch kit good question.

I have plenty of time hence the swap. Who said anything about budget build? Because you saw the word eBay? Ha

AZ Member #

Your post came off as budget conscious when I read it... didn't mean to offend you...

Anyways, Motoza is a good option for tuning if you want a somewhat local tuner to you that is very good. It would be remote tuning but at least he would be in the same timezone. If you want a remote-remote tune contact Bische. He is the motronic master.

Curious what the ebay FMIC is.... The plumbing should be interesting with a FMIC and bitrubo?
    B6 2.7t -- F21 MF -- Tuned by Bische --
    B7 2.0t

Detailing questions? Email me:
    Detailing District

AZ Member #

Yeah I think it's going to be a bitch and make me hack the front bumper up, it's basically 2 front mount intercoolers stacked.

AZ Member #

Went ahead and picked up the 034 LWFW, and a new stock RS4 clutch.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4, 87 Jag XJ6, Lex RX300, HD Street Rod, Grumman Yankee AA1A

There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for the 2.7 L engine. For some of us uninitiated could someone briefly explain? Is it preferable to the 3L? Is it a TC or NA? Guessing it's TC and therefore has a lot more potential than the NA 3 L. Are they factory fitted in some A4s and sold in non-US markets? What ever happened to that narrow angle V6 that VAG was working on years ago? Thanks, Brillo

AZ Member #

No the 2.7 was never put in the A4, it was the b5,b6 s4/a6/all road motor. The 2.7t are actually bi turbos meaning one turbo per exhaust manifold. Not sure what narrow angle v6 your talking about. Unless you mean the vr6. Someone just pushed their s4 with the 2.7 to 530hp 470ft/lb tq with a stock block and stock turbos

Veteran Member Four Rings aluthman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

B6 S4 was a 4.2 V8. Only the C5 A6 and Allroads had the 2.7 as an option.
    -Adam

'07 DTM A4 2.0T|6MT|EFR 7163 Twin Scroll|DoTuning|Built Motor|Meth and other go fast stuff…
    '06 A4 2.0T Quattro - RIP (Best ¼ mile pass 13.634 @ 103.30)

Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7

Quote Originally Posted by Brillo View Post
    There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for the 2.7 L engine. For some of us uninitiated could someone briefly explain? Is it preferable to the 3L? Is it a TC or NA? Guessing it's TC and therefore has a lot more potential than the NA 3 L. Are they factory fitted in some A4s and sold in non-US markets? What ever happened to that narrow angle V6 that VAG was working on years ago? Thanks, Brillo
    The 2.7t is a bi-turbo engine as mentioned. It has much more potential solely because it is a turbo engine from the factory. Most tuning setups initiate more fuel and boost unlocking said potential. The c5 a6 cars are identical from the 2.7-3.0 save for factory options. Most 2.7 cars are also quattro cars (maybe all) while other c5 a6 cars are fwd.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Appreciate the education. Thanks.
    710motorsports I think it was the VR6.
    Brillo

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

There was a B5 Rs4 that was 2.7tt too.

The vr6 came in 3.2 & 3.6l versions in the Touareg and cayenne. Also a 2.3l vr5 version overseas in b5 passats.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I know this is way off topic so apologies ahead of time.
    You motor heads might be interested in an engine I saw this past winter in New Zealand - A Napier Lyon II.
    It's a W-block 12 cylinder engine (3 banks of 4 cylinders each) with twin overhead cam (gear driven), 4 valves/cylinder, two plugs per cylinder (like all good aircraft engines) first built in 1917 - 100 years ago!!
    My recollection is that the NA version put out about 500 HP at ~2000 rpm (1300 pound-feet or torque!) and the turbocharged versions put out up to 1350 HP.
    Displacement was a monstrous 1400 ci. The block was a monolithic aluminum construct. It was used to power over 150 different aircraft and set many land, air, and water speed records for a period of almost 40 years. I had no idea.
    There you have it.

AZ Member #

Someone put one in an a6 a while back