Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Senior Member Three Rings 3rdBNCC's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi RS7

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thanks Dean, but honestly it's a collective effort. I may be the most persistent guy in the group but trust me, it wouldn't be possible without the rest of the guys. Carl, Kevin, Sean and Mick were all over social media trying to promote. Especially Carl, who has devoted countless hours. We all have the same passion for racing these cars. We want this event to happen (and it will) more than anyone. We did almost pull it off, we had the cars, we managed to put 5 RS7s (probably more) ready to race at one venue. It's going to happen and not just once.
    2014 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl
    APR Stage 2, Eventuri Intake
    Various VagCom Mods
    CETE ASC 2.0
    10.340 @ 135.17 on GT260+
    Video: https://youtu.be/FUDjf6q6eHw
    2014 A5 Cab Black APR Stage 1 (Wife Beater)
    2013 S7 White APR Stage 1 (Sold)
    2011 A6 Silver APR Stage 2 (Sold)

Senior Member Three Rings 3rdBNCC's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi RS7

PBIR is likely our best option for filling the card. Would not be my first choice but they have been willing to negotiate the price. The location gives us an advantage. We can pull cars locally and from Miami, also we are likely to get a nice collection of exotics from the DragTimes crew. Win win for us to have them there. We will need to commit early as weekend gigs are very difficult to get in the winter. I am suggesting Sunday February 25th with a rain out date of Monday the 26th. If we have 40 cars it's $150 per. But I have to commit soon.
    2014 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl
    APR Stage 2, Eventuri Intake
    Various VagCom Mods
    CETE ASC 2.0
    10.340 @ 135.17 on GT260+
    Video: https://youtu.be/FUDjf6q6eHw
    2014 A5 Cab Black APR Stage 1 (Wife Beater)
    2013 S7 White APR Stage 1 (Sold)
    2011 A6 Silver APR Stage 2 (Sold)

Established Member Four Rings limeypride's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdBNCC View Post
    Thanks Dean, but honestly it's a collective effort. I may be the most persistent guy in the group but trust me, it wouldn't be possible without the rest of the guys. Carl, Kevin, Sean and Mick were all over social media trying to promote. Especially Carl, who has devoted countless hours. We all have the same passion for racing these cars. We want this event to happen (and it will) more than anyone. We did almost pull it off, we had the cars, we managed to put 5 RS7s (probably more) ready to race at one venue. It's going to happen and not just once.
    Nod, that's my naivety as to the behind-the-scenes effort. Thanks to you all. I'm confident it'll happen "fully" next time around and please let me know what I can do to contribute... in addition to the M5 I mean.
    2017 /RS7 Performance in Mythos Black metallic, Audi exclusive Titanium edition w/ Akrapovic exhaust, APR stage 2 (w/o downpipes), Vertini RF1.3 20" rims in Black Tint w/ Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 295/30/20s square, Cete exhaust valve control module, carbon-fiber shift-paddle overlays & an S-line leather shifter w/ matching red stitching (to be specific) in order to remove the stock RS7 disco-ball from my cockpit

Account Terminated Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Do you guys really want this event to be open to any other cars that Dragtimes and his buddies will be bringing? Would be much cooler if we made it specific to say Audi 2.0T, 3.0T and 4.0T cars only. When you start opening it up to all makes and models you wind up with lots of fast RWD cars that show up and break, rendering the track useless for hours as they clean up the oil spills... Should make it AWD cars only.

Established Member Four Rings limeypride's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolfo View Post
    Do you guys really want this event to be open to any other cars that Dragtimes and his buddies will be bringing? Would be much cooler if we made it specific to say Audi 2.0T, 3.0T and 4.0T cars only. When you start opening it up to all makes and models you wind up with lots of fast RWD cars that show up and break, rendering the track useless for hours as they clean up the oil spills... Should make it AWD cars only.
    Good lord, I'm stunned... but that makes a lot of sense.
    2017 /RS7 Performance in Mythos Black metallic, Audi exclusive Titanium edition w/ Akrapovic exhaust, APR stage 2 (w/o downpipes), Vertini RF1.3 20" rims in Black Tint w/ Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 295/30/20s square, Cete exhaust valve control module, carbon-fiber shift-paddle overlays & an S-line leather shifter w/ matching red stitching (to be specific) in order to remove the stock RS7 disco-ball from my cockpit

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

If that Dragtimes guy brings his 720S, the risk may be worth it.
    Black 2013 S8 - APR Stage 2 Tune and Downpipes - Custom Dual 3" Mandrel Bent Exhaust - Ebay Intake Filters - Michelin 285/35/21 PSS

100 Octane - 10.78@129.12 (1.75 60ft)

New time forthcoming with new mods: 104 tune, USP intakes, and VS Forged monoblock wheels

Veteran Member Four Rings lnferno's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Morales View Post
    If that Dragtimes guy brings his 720S, the risk may be worth it.
    Kevin and Carl should be quicker
    Some say that the outline of my left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring

Instagram: inferno_rs7

Senior Member Four Rings cobrario's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T, 2016 Tacoma Sport Crew

Quote Originally Posted by lnferno View Post
    I'll have no problem lining up against him but unless he flubs the launch or spins really bad I won't beat that thing, the 720 is an animal
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Suntek, CQFinest, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, AWE S-Flo 2.0, MRC CF Inlets, APR DP's, APR Stage 2 back on 93
    Stock: 11.212@ 122.81
    APR I on GT260+: 10.40 @ 131.65 980DA
    APR II on GT260+: TBA
    IG cobrario_rs7

4Ring cars gone but not forgotten: '14 S4 Revo 1+ & DSG, OZ Ultraleggera, PSS, Injen, Stoptech, Akebono

Established Member Three Rings Melen2120's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I am close to booking PBIR. Talked to them extensively today. We have several dates available and also for the weekend. We need a minimum of 35-40 cars to make it economical enough but I think it's doable. Our buddy Brooks from DragTimes is also interested in bringing several exotics plus the Teslas. If I can get enough commitments we are looking at about $150 per car.
    Count me in Don let me know when your ready for payment

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Trust me when you start talking about 40+ cars it becomes more like an expensive and ordinary test and tune session than a cool Audi 4.0T rental. Will take forever to run plus cars will be breaking. Should make it more like the MIR event. Maybe 15-20 Audis. Even if it's more expensive it's much cooler that way. Otherwise it'll just feel like any other test and tune night. Need some exclusivity for such an epic event.

And if you open it up to other makes and models then they're going to want to use the water box to do burn outs and you're back to the same problem with PBIR being a shit track because you can't go around the water. I guess you could have them use the water box for only one lane but then there won't be any heads up Audi racing using both lanes. Only other option would be to have somebody bring a ton of cardboard.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Everyone should now be refunded va Paypal - please let me know if you did not receive - thanks until next time
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Suntek, CQFinest, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, AWE S-Flo 2.0, MRC CF Inlets, APR DP's, APR Stage 2 back on 93
    IG cobrario_rs7

4Ring cars gone but not forgotten: '14 S4 Revo 1+ & DSG, OZ Ultraleggera, PSS, Injen, Stoptech, Akebono

Senior Member Four Rings Ze_Nardo6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I partially agree but not to the extent of Lambo Huracans and McLaren 720s type vehicles. They don't break at the track, especially in stock form. It's basically an Audi and exotics only type of event. And like Don, I agree it will add value.

Dante, you need to do a little more research on the 720s, it's stupid, dumb, physics-defying fast. As Carl said, the only chance of hanging with that car is if he botches the launch, which is unlikely with launch control. The thing has over 800hp (so underrated) with RWD and still manages 2.5 0-60 times. 0-100 in 5 seconds, 0-150 in 11 seconds. It's just in another league. But should be for $300k+

Brooks just really started tracking it (I think 3 visits now) and is cracking 9s on street tires. With good prep and DA, he'll run 9.6-9.8s with the 141 trap he's seeing
    Mickey (AKA: AudiS4B8)

2017 Nardo Grey S6; APR Stage 3; RS Turbos; AMS Downpipes; AMS Cooling System; MRC Carbon Inlets; Eventuri Intake; Satin Black HRE P44SC Wheels; Cete Lowering Module; Alu Kreuz; Eurocode Sways and Endlinks; Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors; Full Suntek PPF

- Stock figures: 12.24 @ 111.8mph; DA +1545; 13mph headwind; 327awhp/335awtq
    - Stage 1: 390awhp/494awtq
    - Instagram: ze_nardo6

AZ Member #

And my involvement in the MIR event was minimal. It was spearheaded by Don, Carl and Sean. Those guys busted their asses

2017 Nardo Grey S6; APR Stage 3; RS Turbos; AMS Downpipes; AMS Cooling System; MRC Carbon Inlets; Eventuri Intake; Satin Black HRE P44SC Wheels; Cete Lowering Module; Alu Kreuz; Eurocode Sways and Endlinks; Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors; Full Suntek PPF

AZ Member #

The problem is you're not going to be able to control what kinds of cars sign up if it now becomes an Audi/StreetCarDrags event. Brooks will invite any and all people including RWD muscle cars. Last rental there were Dodge Challengers, Chevy Camaros, Grand Nationals etc. You guys are gonna turn this into an ordinary test and tune night at PBIR and there will be no way around the water box as usual. Cars will break and it will take hours to clean up.

AZ Member #

The problem is you're not going to be able to control what kinds of cars sign up if it now becomes an Audi/StreetCarDrags event. Brooks will invite any and all people including RWD muscle cars. Last rental there were Dodge Challengers, Chevy Camaros, Grand Nationals etc. You guys are gonna turn this into an ordinary test and tune night at PBIR and there will be no way around the water box as usual. Cars will break and it will take hours to clean up.
    Marc, thanks for your input, but we got this. This is our event, not his.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AudiS4B8 View Post
    I partially agree but not to the extent of Lambo Huracans and McLaren 720s type vehicles. They don't break at the track, especially in stock form. It's basically an Audi and exotics only type of event. And like Don, I agree it will add value.

Dante, you need to do a little more research on the 720s, it's stupid, dumb, physics-defying fast. As Carl said, the only chance of hanging with that car is if he botches the launch, which is unlikely with launch control. The thing has over 800hp (so underrated) with RWD and still manages 2.5 0-60 times. 0-100 in 5 seconds, 0-150 in 11 seconds. It's just in another league. But should be for $300k+

Brooks just really started tracking it (I think 3 visits now) and is cracking 9s on street tires. With good prep and DA, he'll run 9.6-9.8s with the 141 trap he's seeing
    Sorry, my humor didn't come across very well in that post lol
    Some say that the outline of my left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Marc- Like Mickey I do understand your concern but what we did the last time was require a picture of the vehicle and a mod list so if someone wanted to bring a stupid back halved race car to a street car event I wouldn't take their money and simply said no. To all invited it will be clear this is AvW's event- we have some fairly persistent guys organizing these, as I'm sure you well know.
    IG cobrario_rs7

AZ Member #

Okay, just trying to plan ahead because I know how Brooks' rentals go. Also, you guys may want to consider renting a tarp for the strip so in the event it does rain it will take a lot less time to get the track ready once it stops.

AZ Member #

Okay, just trying to plan ahead because I know how Brooks' rentals go. Also, you guys may want to consider renting a tarp for the strip so in the event it does rain it will take a lot less time to get the track ready once it stops.
    Understood, but this is not his rental. This is our rental that he's invited to attend

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Alot of junk

Also, you guys may want to consider renting a tarp for the strip so in the event it does rain it will take a lot less time to get the track ready once it stops.
    Cant tell if serious How many track rentals have you done? Maybe I'm missing something but you want to rent a tarp to put over a 1/4 mile track??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Low and slow

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

He might just be talking about the starting line. I had to think about that one.
    Black 2013 S8 - APR Stage 2 Tune and Downpipes - Custom Dual 3" Mandrel Bent Exhaust - Ebay Intake Filters - Michelin 285/35/21 PSS

100 Octane - 10.78@129.12 (1.75 60ft)

New time forthcoming with new mods: 104 tune, USP intakes, and VS Forged monoblock wheels

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackbenzz View Post
    Cant tell if serious How many track rentals have you done? Maybe I'm missing something but you want to rent a tarp to put over a 1/4 mile track??

I can't even imagine how heavy a 1320 ft tarp would be
    IG cobrario_rs7

AZ Member #

Yes, a tarp. I know at LVD they borrow or rent the tarp from the minor league baseball team when it's not in use. Not sure if they do that down here in FL or not?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

C7 Track day is happening 10/16/17 at MIR

Quote Originally Posted by cobrario View Post
    I can't even imagine how heavy a 1320 ft tarp would be
    30x20ft tarp weights 14.13lbs. In order to cover a 1/4 mile track you would need 44-30x20ft which would weigh 621.72lbs. I don't think that would be realistic.

Btw that's a light duty tarp I'm sure it will weigh a ton more for a heavy duty tarp

AZ Member #

I don't think that's a big deal with a fork lift? Or a few people loading it into a truck. I saw them do it twice at LVD back in the mid 2000's.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I don't think that's a big deal with a fork lift? Or a few people loading it into a truck. I saw them do it twice at LVD back in the mid 2000's.
    ya maybe not but that would prob only be realistic for a much more significant event than our little AvW
    IG cobrario_rs7

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Alot of junk

C7 Track day is happening 10/16/17 at MIR

Quote Originally Posted by Davidtt87 View Post
    30x20ft tarp weights 14.13lbs. In order to cover a 1/4 mile track you would need 44-30x20ft which would weigh 621.72lbs. I don't think that would be realistic.

Btw that's a light duty tarp I'm sure it will weigh a ton more for a heavy duty tarp

Don't forget the weight of the water on top and exactly who is going to be laying out these tarps. While we are throwing out crazy unrealistic ideas, why don't we build an indoor 1/4 mile track for this event. I'm sure it's been done somewhere in the Middle East so why not?

Low and slow

Established Member Three Rings Melen2120's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Don't forget the weight of the water on top and exactly who is going to be laying out these tarps. While we are throwing out crazy unrealistic ideas, why don't we build an indoor 1/4 mile track for this event. I'm sure it's been done somewhere in the Middle East so why not?

I like this guy .we need more ppl like you to think globally instead of locally lol

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    John Deere

Well stated. Thanks guys. Nice meeting you and look forward to getting together again - rain or shine!

- Paul
    2014 S6 Black - APR Stage 2 ECU+TCU, AWE Exhaust, HRE-FF01, Black Optics, P3 Gauge, ALP, Redline, 034, carbon diffuser, carbon mirror covers, Fuc-Euro intake

AZ Member #

LOL indoor track would be dope

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AudiS4B8 View Post
    LOL indoor track would be dope
    With gas mask rentals as well

AZ Member #

With gas mask rentals as well
    Get those ventilation fans they use in Vegas casinos