Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Two Rings Bobsledder's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 Mustang GT Convertible, 2010 VW Jetta SE

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by buffaudi View Post
    Used 2015 Audi RS5 in Lincoln, NE. Price=$72000 ... Bigler Motors. 6341 N 28th, Lincoln, NE 68504. (866) 897-4011 ...
    Awesome detective work!

http://www.usedcarsgroup.com/used-20...c6afr5fa901359
    2015 RS5 Suzuka Grey Metallic

Senior Member Three Rings Mr. Spectacular's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Used 2015 Audi RS5 in Lincoln, NE. Price=$72000 ... Bigler Motors. 6341 N 28th, Lincoln, NE 68504. (866) 897-4011 ...
    Nice find! Enthusiast coming together like this is a beautiful thing

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That's great info and thanks for the research - while I cant get the old listing to appear, I was able to find a photo and it shows it exactly like it is now - with the Vossens, black door handles and black mirrors so it was the 1st owner that did that stuff. Had only 9080 miles then too but currently closer to 15k so in theory it should be less than $72k now but with a car like that, we'll have to see as the true value of anything is simply what a buyer will pay :)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AsherAudi View Post
    That's great info and thanks for the research - while I cant get the old listing to appear, I was able to find a photo and it shows it exactly like it is now - with the Vossens, black door handles and black mirrors so it was the 1st owner that did that stuff. Had only 9080 miles then too but currently closer to 15k so in theory it should be less than $72k now but with a car like that, we'll have to see as the true value of anything is simply what a buyer will pay :)
    I actually just gave that dealer a call and got some great info - in regards to the first owner, he said "if you want buy a car from the most anal person you ever met when it comes to maintaining his cars, buy this car" lol - apparently it was the owner of the dealership's car and he takes such pristine care of his vehicles, he has the staff move them out of the sunlight into shade to protect the carbon fiber from fading. He couldn't recall what it sold for but said it had to be very close to the $72k ask. Best of all he said the black door handles/mirrors are wrapped and therefore can be removed easily to reveal the genuine Nardo paint under it.

He also thought it was a true #1/1 as the only Nardo with red/black interior so that's why the current owner believes that yet that's not actually true as likely 30+ of the 75 made were Nardo and they all have that red/black interior - even a member who posts on here has one.

Senior Member Two Rings wildtouch83's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

He also thought it was a true #1/1 as the only Nardo with red/black interior so that's why the current owner believes that yet that's not actually true as likely 30+ of the 75 made were Nardo and they all have that red/black interior - even a member who posts on here has one.

Audi of America can confirm that with the vin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2013 Phantom Black RS5 - *SOLD*
    2018 Nardo Gray TT RS

Established Member Two Rings buffaudi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Prius

Holy Grail Found: Nardo RS5 Sport Edition for sale - need advice

Glad I could help. A Nardo or Suzuka RS5 are the same two colors I've been shopping. We have similar tastes. I would pick one up too if the right one came along. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by buffaudi; 05-12-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Going to make a decision by tomorrow night. Seller turns out to be more motivated than I had thought and will take $71K without the Vossens (but will obv include the stock rims which are the special black matte rotors with red pinstripe lip). It's definitely reasonable but the 4k mi Suzuka is still a serious consideration and at this exact moment I actually am leaning that way believe it or not- I think I need a psychotherapist at this point lol.

If I got the Suzuka, its not only cleaner and lower-profile but comes with free maintenance up to 45k service, and I could spend some of the money I saved to get the Interior I really want = LOTS of carbon. I found a company called NVD in Taiwan that makes the entire central tunnel console in carbon for $1500 which would look sick in addition to some other carbon trim pieces. On the other hand I looked into a local custom auto interior shop and they could make the bright red section of the SE seats into a nice Alcantara with diamond pattern and red stitching to tone it down yet look amazing.

It's easy to say "it's just another $5k" etc but when you do that over and over again you don't realize how far you go as I just feel the costs of the Nardo are adding way up:
    $71k = car
    $ 5k = tt&l
    $ 2k = titanium rotor wheels (do not want to trade away the ones that come with the car)
    $ 4k = eventuri intake and engine carbon
    $ 4k = extended warranty
    $ 1k = seat restitching (maybe another $1k for matching door panels)
    $ 1k = enclosed transportation to TX
    $ Xk = unknown maintenance items like pads/rotors/tires etc
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $88k+ = a LOT of $$$ for a sick Nardo RS5

PM me if you'd seriously want to buy the Nardo at $71k w/o Vossens and if I dont buy it, Ill send you the seller's info. I'll decide by tomorrow night either way as I can't keep debating this any longer and need to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by AsherAudi; 05-15-2017 at 11:43 AM.

AZ Member #

This is what I call analysis paralysis.

Whatever you're gonna get is a cool car at the end of the day. Everything else is secondary.
    2013 Audi [R]S5 Black Optic

Instagram: RS5_onthe_Run

Senior Member Two Rings astonmartin007's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just do it, Nardo is simply the nicest color!!

HOPE THAT CONVINCED YOU lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You absolutely need to factor a set of ecode headlights into your price, for some reason the amber lights look so much worse on a Nardo.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 S5, slippahs

Yup, just do it and pay for it later, lol.... Cuz in the end you will have the color that you want and won't regret not pulling the trigger on it.

Veteran Member Four Rings DreDay's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 AUDI S5
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    You absolutely need to factor a set of ecode headlights into your price, for some reason the amber lights look so much worse on a Nardo.
    Lolll this

Sent from the Amazon.
    B8 S5| Meteor| KPMF| Air Lift| Carlsson| AWE| APR| JHM| 034| ECS|
    B6 S4| Nogaro|PAST
    B6 A4| Silver|PAST
    Touareg 2| DAILY

INSTA: @DREDIDDY

LATEST BUILD: SOWO PICS

FOR SALE: H&R 30 MM DRA SPACERS

AZ Member #
    My Garage

As much as I am the #1 fan for the Nardo, when I look at the price difference he is getting another car with less miles and same fun, I would tell him to get the Suzuka Grey and use the extra $$ for other stuff. After driving my car for 3 weeks, I completely forgot I couldn't find a Nardo Grey.

Senior Member Three Rings mcbuck's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    couple of Jeeps and a 328 cab

Last edited by mcbuck; 05-16-2017 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Double post
    BUCK
    2013 RS5 Daytona Grey Pearl, center res delete, 20% tint, Arc Audio/Alpine, interior/backup LED, 034 RSB, H&R sport, 10mm, V-FF 103
    GONE - B7 A4 quatro, 2.0T, 6MT, 250K....dropped, tuned, and everything else

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Nardo just still doesn't crank my tractor, even on the Lambo. But either Suzuka or the Nardo, it's time to make a decision. I'm all outa popcorn .

Buck
    Sent from this little electronic gizmo
    BUCK
    2013 RS5 Daytona Grey Pearl, center res delete, 20% tint, Arc Audio/Alpine, interior/backup LED, 034 RSB, H&R sport, 10mm, V-FF 103

Established Member Two Rings buffaudi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Prius

Bump. Any updates OP? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

Going to make a decision by tomorrow night. Seller turns out to be more motivated than I had thought and will take $71K without the Vossens (but will obv include the stock rims which are the special black matte rotors with red pinstripe lip). It's definitely reasonable but the 4k mi Suzuka is still a serious consideration and at this exact moment I actually am leaning that way believe it or not- I think I need a psychotherapist at this point lol.

If I got the Suzuka, its not only cleaner and lower-profile but comes with free maintenance up to 45k service, and I could spend some of the money I saved to get the Interior I really want = LOTS of carbon. I found a company called NVD in Taiwan that makes the entire central tunnel console in carbon for $1500 which would look sick in addition to some other carbon trim pieces. On the other hand I looked into a local custom auto interior shop and they could make the bright red section of the SE seats into a nice Alcantara with diamond pattern and red stitching to tone it down yet look amazing.

It's easy to say "it's just another $5k" etc but when you do that over and over again you don't realize how far you go as I just feel the costs of the Nardo are adding way up:
    $71k = car
    $ 5k = tt&l
    $ 2k = titanium rotor wheels (do not want to trade away the ones that come with the car)
    $ 4k = eventuri intake and engine carbon
    $ 4k = extended warranty
    $ 1k = seat restitching (maybe another $1k for matching door panels)
    $ 1k = enclosed transportation to TX
    $ Xk = unknown maintenance items like pads/rotors/tires etc
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $88k+ = a LOT of $$$ for a sick Nardo RS5

PM me if you'd seriously want to buy the Nardo at $71k w/o Vossens and if I dont buy it, Ill send you the seller's info. I'll decide by tomorrow night either way as I can't keep debating this any longer and need to pull the trigger.
    SOOOOOO.... What did U deceid on? Don't want to sound like a "d:;k" but the mental gymnastics were rather entertaining, either way U go, the RS5 is an awesome GT to own.

Active Member Two Rings Rodomontade's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi RS5 Exclusive 2015

I'll stick with Daytona

2015 RS5 Sport Edition - Daytona Grey Pearl Effect - 30% Ceramic Tint
    Previously 2013 S5 - Volcano Red - 15% Ceramic Tint

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ICU2 View Post
    SOOOOOO.... What did U deceid on? Don't want to sound like a "d:;k" but the mental gymnastics were rather entertaining, either way U go, the RS5 is an awesome GT to own.
    I decided to go with the Suzuka and am working on the transaction so its not yet a done deal but should be by next week. The Nardo is an amazing color but:
    1. With the lower mileage and free maintenance package of of Suzuka + the corrections I'd have to do to the Nardo, the effective price difference was more like $13-15k

2. I really just didn't love that red and black interior, so paying $14k for exterior color alone was not worth it

3. Suzuka is still a super nice color I can more than live with lol and while I'm not hot on gloss wraps, I found satin ones look really nice so in the future if I get bored, I can do a 3m Satin Battleship Gray wrap

4. I'm spending the extra $10k+ in savings on upgrades: 10yr/100k extended warranty, Eventuri full red carbon intake, NVD carbon central tunnel, e-codes, carbon paddle shifters etc

Trust me, I'll be stoked with the Suzuka sitting in it with all the upgrades and being in virtually brand new condition. The Nardo on the other hand would likely make me feel regret that I overpaid just to essentially get dark gray vs light gray paint.

The Nardo is still for sale and a fair deal at $71k (w/o the Vossens) - it has 13k mi and the full SE package so if anyone wants to buy it, lmk and I'll send you the seller's info - he was extremely nice and helpful to deal with.

Established Member Two Rings jnabeel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 29er

Trust me - its real - I have the window sticker and VIN and ran a Carfax on it and it all checks out :)

One issue is that I dont actually love the red and black custom interior - I just love the factory Nardo paint. So one option is to just buy a regular RS5 for $55k and wrap it for $3k.

What makes the SE more attractive though is the fact that its REAL factory Nardo paint, plus a very limited edition that could have enough collector value to where it retains the extra $15k Id be paying for it.
    I will tell you, I have the Audi Design exclusive interior, 08 RS4, Avus Silver, Ti Package, well when I got the car I really didn't wan't/like the crimson inserts/black bolsters. everyone I know who see the car loves the interior. I actually really like it now.

My point is, you need to buy something you're in love with, that makes you just want to go out for drives. Sounds like the Suzuka has everything/majority of your must have's. BUY IT. I don't think you will regret it. Regret is buying something your half assed about.

I looked at a 2015, Suzuka Gray RS5, before I bought mine. 15k miles, 59k dealer was asking.
    2008 RS4, Avus Silver, Ti Package

Established Member Two Rings jnabeel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 29er

Quote Originally Posted by astonmartin007 View Post
    Just do it, Nardo is simply the nicest color!!

HOPE THAT CONVINCED YOU lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Man these pics, make me, want to wrap my Avus Silver RS4 in something close to Nardo....
    2008 RS4, Avus Silver, Ti Package

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That DubCustoms one IS a wrap. Most people go with Avery Dark Gloss Gray, some with 3M Battleship Gray but I don't like gloss colors in wraps as they often look stretched and not like real paint at an angle. So I found 3M Satin Battleship Gray which is a satin finish with a nardo type gray look and looks like real paint so you may want to look into any of those 3 options.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

I decided to go with the Suzuka and am working on the transaction so its not yet a done deal but should be by next week. The Nardo is an amazing color but:
    1. With the lower mileage and free maintenance package of of Suzuka + the corrections I'd have to do to the Nardo, the effective price difference was more like $13-15k

2. I really just didn't love that red and black interior, so paying $14k for exterior color alone was not worth it

3. Suzuka is still a super nice color I can more than live with lol and while I'm not hot on gloss wraps, I found satin ones look really nice so in the future if I get bored, I can do a 3m Satin Battleship Gray wrap

4. I'm spending the extra $10k+ in savings on upgrades: 10yr/100k extended warranty, Eventuri full red carbon intake, NVD carbon central tunnel, e-codes, carbon paddle shifters etc

Trust me, I'll be stoked with the Suzuka sitting in it with all the upgrades and being in virtually brand new condition. The Nardo on the other hand would likely make me feel regret that I overpaid just to essentially get dark gray vs light gray paint.

The Nardo is still for sale and a fair deal at $71k (w/o the Vossens) - it has 13k mi and the full SE package so if anyone wants to buy it, lmk and I'll send you the seller's info - he was extremely nice and helpful to deal with.
    Like I said, it's a win/win either way U go, U will not be disappointed. I will agree the the additional $14,000.00 is a lot to pay, not particularly impressed w/the color combination either. Maybe in a black/light grey or dark grey/light grey it would B > appealing, but not @ ~ 20% >. Hope the transaction goes smooth, but remember, it really only happens if there R pictures to substantiate/support. GLWS & keep us posted.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Besides the Nardo Coupe SE model still being for sale, a Nardo Cab just came out that's VERY clean - check it out:
    http://bestride.com/detail/2015/Audi...80288581130567

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

Besides the Nardo Coupe SE model still being for sale, a Nardo Cab just came out that's VERY clean - check it out:
    Sooooo, does that mean your R coming over to the other side & considering top down driving to get the color that was #1 on your list?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Cabs can be found in Nardo. The real holy grail is the coupe.
    Anyway, whichever one you buy, you will be happy. I wish I was living somewhere with no snow. The cab would have been my choice.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsledder View Post
    Cabs can be found in Nardo. The real holy grail is the coupe.
    Anyway, whichever one you buy, you will be happy. I wish I was living somewhere with no snow. The cab would have been my choice.
    Aha!!! U R a closeted Cab lover after all!!!! U have "outed" yourself & I couldn't be happier for U, it is an experience unto itself. The sun, the exhaust note, slight wind in my balding hair (which requires a baseball cap 2 prevent sunburn) its is spectacular. Ok, done w/ my rant ~ Cab's.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Haha definitely no Cab for me in my future - the RS5 Cab weighs 400lbs on top of the already-portly Coupe weight of 4000lbs - plus I simply always like the looks of coupes over cabs - the only exception being the Boxster as I love the way they look vs Caymans.

What the RS5 needs is a healthy diet, and not more weight or wine :)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

The only other "weight" I would add would B the supercharger JHM hinted ~ back in January. Sadly that was the last time anything was mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Looks like ABT RS5-R is what we all need - all body panels have been remade out of Carbon Fiber, "which reduces the tuned carís weight by a huge margin" - they don't say exactly what "huge" is, but shaving 500lbs off this car would be amazing:
    http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/audi...ent/abt-rs5-r/

They also have some sick tuned cars for sale - check out the 705hp Nardo S6 on the 2nd page:
    http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/no_c...ort/car-sales/

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ICU2 View Post
    Aha!!! U R a closeted Cab lover after all!!!! U have "outed" yourself & I couldn't be happier for U, it is an experience unto itself. The sun, the exhaust note, slight wind in my balding hair (which requires a baseball cap 2 prevent sunburn) its is spectacular. Ok, done w/ my rant ~ Cab's.
    LOL. Been out a long time ago......LOL. You just didn't catch it. I am a cab lover. But I couldn't afford having 2 cars parked throughout the winter.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Huge relief I didn't buy this Nardo SE for $71k+ as this Daytona Gray SE just came to market with a few more miles but a price of $59k:
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6164/overview/

It basically shows that the $9k in custom interior of the Sport Edition is not returned in resale value as this is the exact same car as the Nardo, just in Daytona vs Nardo exterior paint (and the interior trim panels are Daytona vs Nardo too).

If someone loves this SE model and its interior etc, this Daytona one would be a great value as it likely has an MSRP north of $90k...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Huge relief I didn't buy this Nardo SE for $71k+ as this Daytona Gray SE just came to market with a few more miles but a price of $59k:
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6164/overview/

It basically shows that the $9k in custom interior of the Sport Edition is not returned in resale value as this is the exact same car as the Nardo, just in Daytona vs Nardo exterior paint (and the interior trim panels are Daytona vs Nardo too).

If someone loves this SE model and its interior etc, this Daytona one would be a great value as it likely has an MSRP north of $90k...
    I like that soooooooooooooooo much, but then I'm partial to Daytona. So very jealous of that interior and dig the red calipers against the Daytona.

So what's the deal? You buy the Suzuka?
    BUCK

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mcbuck View Post
    I like that soooooooooooooooo much, but then I'm partial to Daytona. So very jealous of that interior and dig the red calipers against the Daytona.

So what's the deal? You buy the Suzuka?
    Still trying - we've agreed to terms but the seller is slow to get the PPI scheduled as his replacement car was damaged in transit to him. The issue is that if it drags on for another 1-2 weeks, it would not be eligible for the Factory 10yr/100k Extended Warranty I need to buy so if the seller doesn't get the PPI done quickly, I'll be forced to look for other options - so I'm keeping my eyes peeled in the meantime and have a few backups already in mind including 2 here in Texas.

That said I did receive the full Eventuri kit thanks to MOPS (red intake, red/black combo slam panel and manifold cover), custom ordered some nice carbon interior pieces that should take 6-7 weeks to arrive (full central tunnel, ashtray cover, door handle trim, multi-switch piece and defroster vents), ordered the red engine start button and have some E-codes shopped out so once I actually buy an RS5 lol, it should be a fast upgrade process.