Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    eh it was much more suitable fix for me than hassle myself to spending more money on it. I actually enjoy the exhaust note more than the sound system if anything LOL.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015.5 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Groove1 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I found this enclosure by Basser, a European company, that is designed to fit in a B8.5 Sportbackís cubby in the side of the trunk. I am just not sure if it would fit in the B9. This would be the best solution for me as I donít want to get rid of the spare and donít want lose space in the trunk. It looks like it could work but hesitant to order until I get confirmation.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Do you have a link for this?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015.5 Cadillac Escalade

Veteran Member Three Rings QuaTTrings's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 RS7, 2014 Q5 3.0 TDI
    Items for Sale

I found this enclosure by Basser, a European company, that is designed to fit in a B8.5 Sportbackís cubby in the side of the trunk. I am just not sure if it would fit in the B9. This would be the best solution for me as I donít want to get rid of the spare and donít want lose space in the trunk. It looks like it could work but hesitant to order until I get confirmation.

Unfortunately the B8 enclosures wont fit into our 'B9s'. Initially back in late June, I contacted a manufacturer in Europe (probably a different company than the one you are speaking of) that also made them for the "B8" S5 Sportback, and he sent me the template. The shape/measurements were off compared to my "B9". Its not too involved to build one yourself though.
    2013 RS5 - Suzuka Grey
    2012 A7 - Ice Silver
    2008 S5 (V8 Supercharged) - Meteor Gray

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015.5 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by QuaTTrings View Post
    Unfortunately the B8 enclosures wont fit into our 'B9s'. Initially back in late June, I contacted a manufacturer in Europe (probably a different company than the one you are speaking of) that also made them for the "B8" S5 Sportback, and he sent me the template. The shape/measurements were off compared to my "B9". Its not too involved to build one yourself though.
    Thanks a lot for the info. I contacted the manufacturer and they said it would fit but they asked for pics of my trunk to confirm. I requested they send me dimensions of the front of the enclosure. I may try to build one myself but was hoping I could just purchase one.