Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings Danaldson's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Airlift 3p/3H Compressor Turn on Setting

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Is there a reason airlift sets the compressor to turn on when its only 15psi below your maximum fill setting? I find it so annoying that it turns on so often.

I would much rather the compressor turn on when it hits 100psi and fill to 150psi instead of it turning on at 135psi and filling to 150.

Is there a way to change this setting?
    09 TT 3.2 Quattro Manual Ibis White S-Line.
    Instagram: @Dannytakesphotos

-Danny

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

It should only come on when you raise it because you lost a good amount of air. Mine is set at 200 psi and doesn't kick on unless I air out then raise it back up. If it keeps kicking on just driving you might have a leak.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by simple_king View Post
    It should only come on when you raise it because you lost a good amount of air. Mine is set at 200 psi and doesn't kick on unless I air out then raise it back up. If it keeps kicking on just driving you might have a leak.
    my system doesn't have any leaks. Im talking about when i lift the car, It comes on when its 15psi below the max fill.

Anyways. I got an answer from airlift.... Its not adjustable and they have no plans on changing that. Super lame . oh well.

-Danny

AZ Member #

If you think about it. Your compressor would work harder filling up for a longer time if it's starting from 100psi then 135psi. Short burst of air is better than a long hot running compressor which will shorten the life of the compressors. Not lame but makes sense in the long run. If you have 2 compressors than it shouldn't take long to do a quick fill.

AZ Member #

If you think about it. Your compressor would work harder filling up for a longer time if it's starting from 100psi then 135psi. Short burst of air is better than a long hot running compressor which will shorten the life of the compressors. Not lame but makes sense in the long run. If you have 2 compressors than it shouldn't take long to do a quick fill.
    yup i understand that it will technically put more stress on the compressor by runing longer, but my air zenith compressor has no issue running for longer periods of time.

Its a mater of convenience for me.

I would much rather have to replace my compressor lets say after 2 years (will probably last way longer anyways) so i can have the car lift from aired out, and the also lift 2-3 times over a speed bump before the compressor kicks on for the first time. Than have the compressor turn on after every speed bump i roll over. Gets very annoying even though i have it tucked away nicely in my trunk. Its not loud, but it is noticeable.

-Danny

AZ Member #

I understand wher you are coming from. Maybe a bigge tank or extra tank would help. Then again now you will have longer fill time with lost space.

AZ Member #

I understand wher you are coming from. Maybe a bigge tank or extra tank would help. Then again now you will have longer fill time with lost space.
    exactly, dont want to be adding a tank especially in the limited space i already have (TT owner). It would be such an easy firmware fix too. Make it adjustable to what the user wants. They used to have this option in airlift autopilot v2, and it available with Elevel/switchspeed.

-Danny

AZ Member #

True