Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Active Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06 2012
    AZ Member #
    105409
    My Garage
    '10 VW GTI, '13 Audi Q5 2.0T, '15 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock
    Location
    Sinking Spring. PA

    Black Optics for 2018 A5/S5

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi Mike,

    Now that Black Optics has been announced for the 2018 A4/S4, can you comment on the availability of BO for the A5/S5 coupes and sportbacks?? Many thanks.

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    At this time, there are no plans to include the Black optics package for the Audi A5 and S5 Sportback and Coupe.
    Mike
    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Active Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06 2012
    AZ Member #
    105409
    My Garage
    '10 VW GTI, '13 Audi Q5 2.0T, '15 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock
    Location
    Sinking Spring. PA

    That's disappointing - There is simply too much brightwork on the current S cars (and Audi's in general) for my taste without black optics. As stated in another related thread, that's a miss by product planning at launch. Especially as most early adopters are the most passionate brand ambassadors. I guess I'll wait a few months and see if the options mix changes. Thanks Mike.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings VVG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    26437
    Location
    West Springfield, MA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    That's disappointing - There is simply too much brightwork on the current S cars (and Audi's in general) for my taste without black optics. As stated in another related thread, that's a miss by product planning at launch. Especially as most early adopters are the most passionate brand ambassadors. I guess I'll wait a few months and see if the options mix changes. Thanks Mike.
    I can't imagine it won't appear in a year or two. I think virtually every Audi has a black optics option at some point in production.

    Mike....can you comment? If virtually all late model Audis have had a black optic option, why wouldn't the A5/S5?
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

  5. #5
    Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    We appreciate your sincere interest in the A5/S5 black optics package. As previously mentioned, there are currently no plans for the release of this package. I canít speak to what may or may not be available in the future, but I will certainly pass along your enthusiasm!
    Mike
    Audi Social Community Manager

  6. #6
    Active Member One Ring fwgj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    395006
    Location
    Clarksburg, MD

    Quote Originally Posted by VVG View Post
    I can't imagine it won't appear in a year or two. I think virtually every Audi has a black optics option at some point in production.

    Mike....can you comment? If virtually all late model Audis have had a black optic option, why wouldn't the A5/S5?
    Cosign......I'm not even thinking about moving on from my 2012 Black Optic A4 S-line until I can get into an S5 Sportback with a Black Optic package
    2012 Audi A4 S-Line Prestige in Mystic Black w/Black Optic Package
    APR Stage II+ with Carbonio Carbon Fiber Intake

  7. #7
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 19 2017
    AZ Member #
    401376
    Location
    Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by fwgj View Post
    Cosign......I'm not even thinking about moving on from my 2012 Black Optic A4 S-line until I can get into an S5 Sportback with a Black Optic package
    fwgj, I'm on hold as well until the Black Optics pkg is available as well. I feel your pain........hard to understand since they have it available already in Europe.......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.