Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Audi should develop their own "aftermarket" product line......

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    This is a win-win for all concerned.

For example, we all know that many Audi cars come undertuned from the factory. Well, how about Audi's own aftermarket ECU tune that won't void the warranty. If a third party tune sells for $1000, for instance, I would happily pay $2000 for a tune that keeps my warranty. Audi can even stipulate that in order for the warranty to remain in tact, routine scheduled maintenance must be done, and must be done at an Audi dealer. Likewise, the parts must be installed at an Audi dealer. Same can go for suspensions, exhausts, brakes, etc, etc.

The fact is that many enthusiasts have money and would be willing to pay for OEM backed modifications. A win-win scenario. Please pass this on to the Audi execs.
    Last edited by VVG; 04-24-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good morning, thanks for your feedback. I will share your comments internally.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15 Explorer Sport
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by VVG View Post
    This is a win-win for all concerned.

For example, we all know that many Audi cars come undertuned from the factory. Well, how about Audi's own aftermarket ECU tune that won't void the warranty. If a third party tune sells for $1000, for instance, I would happily pay $2000 for a tune that keeps my warranty. Audi can even stipulate that in order for the warranty to remain in tact, routine scheduled maintenance must be done, and must be done at an Audi dealer. Likewise, the parts must be installed at an Audi dealer. Same can go for suspensions, exhausts, brakes, etc, etc.

The fact is that many enthusiasts have money and would be willing to pay for OEM backed modifications. A win-win scenario. Please pass this on to the Audi execs.
    This is an excellent idea, one I hope Audi looks at. Right now, there are a lot of tuner parts for various Audi platforms. There are some good suppliers out there, and it stresses the Audi/customer relationship when there are issues and potential warranty work is denied. I did have an exhaust on my 2004 Audi S4, and one dealer tried to deny engine mounts being replaced due to the exhaust. I'm and engineer, so I was easily able to bring in a white board and have them explain....they did the warranty work!

I think if Audi, through Audi Sport offered Audi engineered parts, even through third parties (abt, etc.) it would be a huge benefit to Audi and the consumer. Audi would literally make millions, and customers would go for factory supplied aftermarket parts, similar to what we had from TRD, NISMO, MOPAR, etc. Dealers would also benefit, as they would increase profits by selling and installing.

I know Audi has looked at this in the past, and at times, left it to dealer to approve certain modifications (Stasis for example). It keeps people coming back to the dealership, which is also an opportunity for them to sell you a new car, instead of putting money in the old one. I'd support this 100%.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Part of the issue may be any performance modifications likely need to meet emissions requirements and be tested in order to be offered by Audi (apparently already an issue on some vehicles without a tune ). Any aftermarket manufacturer can simply state "for off road use only" to cover their butts.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15 Explorer Sport
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    Part of the issue may be any performance modifications likely need to meet emissions requirements and be tested in order to be offered by Audi (apparently already an issue on some vehicles without a tune ). Any aftermarket manufacturer can simply state "for off road use only" to cover their butts.
    Agreed, emissions would still need to be met for engine tuning, intake system, exhaust systems, etc. But it could be another selling point to offer tuning upgrades that meet emission standards. They have some tuning built in already (Dynamic, Comfort modes) why not have a track mode? GPS can determine if the car is located at "approved" tracks, if they want to police that. Makes for some interesting discussion though, for sure.

They could be able to offer ARB's, springs, coilovers, and brake options. Think of the Brembo Q5 mono caliper that can be used on A5/S5, etc. I would think there also could be a reduction of liability claims, if the dealers and not DIY's are doing the installs.