Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

New Brake Pads for RS5, street use only

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I know there have been a variety of threads on this, but decided to start a fresh one since many are looking for advice for track use. I'm in a 2015 RS5 with 23K miles, and my OEM pads still have some life left but I really want something with more bite. The guy I use is suggesting Stoptech saying they make a good compound (can't remember the exact pad) for the street, but also said there will be some noise (which I can't stand) and dust. Don't care as much about dust, but can't understand whether it's worth it (around $480 for a full set installed) or really if I'll get that much more bite out of them. I'm willing to tolerate some noise if I'm getting a considerable bump in bite. I know many people here have also used Hawks with varying levels of satisfaction, but really what I'm looking for is a pad with a decent upgrade in bite than OEM but also isn't going to sound like a Kenilworth jake brake. Thanks for thoughts/suggestions.

Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Stoptech 309. I've used them on the street, and for a low braking track event as well. Cheap, reliable, low dust, no noise.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q7

Comparable usage/ life span? better or the same stopping "feel"?

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    Stoptech 309. I've used them on the street, and for a low braking track event as well. Cheap, reliable, low dust, no noise.

Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ICU2 View Post
    Comparable usage/ life span? better or the same stopping "feel"?
    Better stopping. Longer life is debatable as I had track use in it and I'm pretty harsh on braking in general. For the price point, and compared to OEM, they are much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Also as comparison, I run Pagid RS29's on the street (too lazy to change after track days). So my bite point and braking feel is much different.

AZ Member #

Thanks for the feedback - I ordered the Stoptech 309s and will see how they fare.

AZ Member #

Please update, I'm at 29k miles and still on OEM pads myself....

AZ Member #

So I got the stoptechs installed today and they'll need some break in time, but already I can see where they will perform better than oem. More importantly, when I got my old pads removed they were about 40%, but the hardware in the pic below was at a near breaking point and had to be replaced. I'm a little surprised at this after 23k miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk