Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings mcbuck's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    couple of Jeeps and a 328 cab

Higher mileage RS5's

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Now that we have 4+ years on the US spec RS5's, just curious about who has what mileage and any major issues that have come up. If done right, could be a good index for future reference.

I know there are some that are pampered and some that are truly driven, so provide details:
    -year
    -miles
    -mods
    -use (short commute, road trips, track, etc)
    -maint habits
    -major problems, and minor if they seem unusual
    -anything else...

Mine:
    93,5xx miles
    Minor mods - 034 RSB, X pipe, sub, K&N, soon to be lower with H&R sport and vff-103s
    Right now daily commute about 50 miles round trip, but was regular road trips before moving (700+ miles round trip)
    Oil change every 10k (M1 0w40) with usually about a qt added between, drivetrain service at indie shop, all other maint in my shop
    No major issues - fuel leak on top of LP pump, cracked coolant return hose, wrong spark plugs, headlight out (replaced bulbs)
    Her name is Greta
    BUCK
    2013 RS5 Daytona Grey Pearl, center res delete, 20% tint, Arc Audio/Alpine, interior/backup LEDs, 034 RSB
    GONE - B7 A4 quatro, 2.0T, 6MT, 250K....dropped, tuned, and everything else

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Awesome thread idea!

Is there one similar for the S5? I'm looking at buying a 13-16 S5 within the next few months and would love to see what all are common problems with those cars and what I need to have a heads up on!

Senior Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

2015: Mods listed below. Pampered, 33K miles. Oil change every 5K miles. absolutely no issues.

2015 RS5 Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights
    Order to Delivery: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...er-to-Delivery
    Mods: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...2#post10079352
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7. Sport pedals, LED interior lights

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q7

Good idea, mine is a 2013 CPO RS5 Cabriolet, bought w/9500 miles, now 22,825, stock, DD to work ~ 18 miles RT ( when my CFO hasn't confiscated it), oil changed Q 5000 miles w/ Mobil 1, fixed/tightened a loose heat shield (made an awful whine) & replaced the gas cap ( old 1 "seal" wore out?, threw a fault code as a result). That's it since early summer 2015 ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbuck View Post
    Now that we have 4+ years on the US spec RS5's, just curious about who has what mileage and any major issues that have come up. If done right, could be a good index for future reference.

I know there are some that are pampered and some that are truly driven, so provide details:
    -year
    -miles
    -mods
    -use (short commute, road trips, track, etc)
    -maint habits
    -major problems, and minor if they seem unusual
    -anything else...

Mine:
    93,5xx miles
    Minor mods - 034 RSB, X pipe, sub, K&N, soon to be lower with H&R sport and vff-103s
    Right now daily commute about 50 miles round trip, but was regular road trips before moving (700+ miles round trip)
    Oil change every 10k (M1 0w40) with usually about a qt added between, drivetrain service at indie shop, all other maint in my shop
    No major issues - fuel leak on top of LP pump, cracked coolant return hose, wrong spark plugs, headlight out (replaced bulbs)
    Her name is Greta

Senior Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

11,000m
    Eventuri Intake, Capristo Exhaust, KW HAS, ECS Poly bush kit, Expel Ultimate, 21" Vossen VPS
    Occasional Weekend road trips
    Oil change/service every year
    Navigation unit replaced when car was new, it failed to locate satellites. Drivers door window adjusted due to wind noise.
    Car is pampered and would probably be grounds for divorce.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Senior Member Three Rings Johnhanson's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Higher mileage RS5's

Quote Originally Posted by ICU2 View Post
    replaced the gas cap.
    With R8 gas cap? ;)

I was actually just thinking about this too as I have extended warranty but just would have lost my basic warranty - which is terrifying. Can't believe it's been 4 years already. 42,000km.

Here's my problems - mostly first world

Occasionally I lose the light illuminating 9-12 oclock on my tach. Like 2% of time so I don't care.

I have a squeak at my right rear capristo muffler valve control - which is likely from a slightly low hanging mid resonator but I'm too lazy to take to a shop to adjust.

Ubiquitous right front door speaker buzz at certain music frequencies. But I usually am listening to my capristo so I don't care.

1 qt of oil a year.

May replace 3M next year after hitting a piece of siding at 150kph last week. One unfixable scratch below the right headlight but the paint underneath is unscathed. It did its job!

Eventuri intake is holding up. Looks like new, no fade on the CF, filters still look brand new, no CELs (ever), and no change in butt-dyno performance.

Other than that the routine service is the only time I take it to the shop. Swap winters and summers myself. Have Yokohama S-drives on for summers and they have minimal tread wear after 3 years and ~15,000 km. Dunlops same story for winter.

Fucking love this car. Buying a truck next week so I can keep it for another 3-4 years (or forever).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Audi RS5 Coupe | Phantom Black | Everything except ceramics | Capristo | Eventuri | 15/10 H&R | Rotors when it's cold | V-Spokes when it's warm
    2015 BMW X5 35d Msport | it runs on kerosene | notsport | baby seat

dead and gone.....
    2012 BMW X6 50i | it had a bike rack
    2010 Ram 1500 | hhhhemi
    2008 Mazda RX-8 | it go-karts
    2006 Infiniti G35 coupe | my lady
    1998 Eagle Talon esi | no turbo powers

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q7

Nah, when the CEL came on, I took it over 2 the dealership & they replaced it (CPO), & everytime I see something like an R8 gas cap for sale or a coolant cap or some other under the hood part for sale, I'm too late/slow to pick 1 up. Need to spend more time on AZ classifieds I guess. Nice to hear that the Eventuri is showing no signs of wear, but I'm curious, ~ how many km ( miles) have U put on it w/ the Eventuri under the hood? My biggest concern was how long & or how many miles until the "heat" under the hood started to "wear down" the CF? Any thoughts?

Veteran Member Four Rings superswiss's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2013, 55,xxx miles. Just recently had the big service done. Mods in the signature. No major issues. All issues were earlier in life and were basically known flaws/bugs from the factory. All taken care off. New MMI headunit, latest firmware, switch to AT&T, ECU and TCU software updates and some flawed mechanical parts such as failing fuel pump. Biggest issue was probably the transmission oil filter getting knocked loose sometime during my 4000 miles ED trip. Car is driven hard in the canyons, daily driven and lots of road trips. Only persistent issue I have is a creaking sound that comes and goes from the AluKreuz mostly in colder temps. Might eventually put the OEM brace back in. I'm attributing it to my hard driving and the suspension settling as a consequence. Best mod I've done are probably the aftermarket rotors and pads.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add, I'm doing in-between scheduled maintenance oil changes at 5k miles.
    Last edited by superswiss; 04-21-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    '13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
    '07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)

Veteran Member Four Rings jdmnomore's Avatar
    AZ Member #

13' Suzuka here... 45k miles.. 1 year of ownership added 10k miles. Purchased a used Eventuri in red carbon followed by a new slam panel and there is a noticeable difference in wear for what it's worth but intake still looks amazing. Milltek non res exhaust drones at low RPM so I only drive in manual now but I like that.

So far I have had the 45k service done with one oil change in between. I burn about .5 to 1 quart every 5k it seems. I replaced front brake pads and I'm not sure if oem rotors were ever replaced but still going strong after my 10k of driving. No issues to report love the car and looking to buy a daily to reduce usage as I intend to keep her forever.
    2013 SUZUKA GREY RS5
    Eventuri intake + Slam Panel / Milltek non res
    2015 MYTHOS S4 (Black Optic)

2008 AVUS RS4

2004 IMOLA S4
    Dead

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

-73,500 miles
    -no mods
    -daily driver since 10/2014
    -followed the recommended maintenance schedule
    -only minor issue was the transmission "thump" when you come to a stop. Corrected with a reprogram last year by the dealer.

Other than that, just has, tires and brakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2013 Phantom Black RS5

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Passat Wagon 4-Motion
    Items for Sale

8,700 miles
    6 month a year weekend car
    Mods in Signature
    One oil change at 3,000
    Zero issues.
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics-black leather-Akrapovic Titanium exhaust-AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro power fold CF (Neidfaktor) mirrors-3M-CR15

Established Member Two Rings midam96's Avatar
    AZ Member #

40,200 miles
    Skn tuning stage 2 ECU
    Milltek exhaust
    Aleu Kruez
    K&N air filters
    Car has been flawless
    Maintenance according to schedule oil changed a bit more often.
    Mainly highway miles

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I only have around 4.7K miles 2015. No problems
    2015 Audi []RS5: Sepang Blue | Black Optics |
    AWE Non Res | Ecodes |Modulare Forged
    Past: 2012 Audi A5. Sline: Phantm Blk

IG@ RS_Five

Senior Member Three Rings Johnhanson's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Higher mileage RS5's

Quote Originally Posted by ICU2 View Post
    Nah, when the CEL came on, I took it over 2 the dealership & they replaced it (CPO), & everytime I see something like an R8 gas cap for sale or a coolant cap or some other under the hood part for sale, I'm too late/slow to pick 1 up. Need to spend more time on AZ classifieds I guess. Nice to hear that the Eventuri is showing no signs of wear, but I'm curious, ~ how many km ( miles) have U put on it w/ the Eventuri under the hood? My biggest concern was how long & or how many miles until the "heat" under the hood started to "wear down" the CF? Any thoughts?
    I'm probably not the guy to ask as the climate is pretty cool here and I don't track it. I do drive it very hard and probably have 10,000km on it. That being said everything looks brand new when I give it a wipe. Nothing has moved or shifted and the soft rubber seals are still soft and sealed. My system has been through a lot of -30 drives and hundreds of heat/cold cycles but never really anything much over +30 for extended periods.

Honestly it's looking pretty bulletproof so far. The parts felt very robust when I was installing them and I'm really not surprised they've held up so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Audi RS5 Coupe | Phantom Black | Everything except ceramics | Capristo | Eventuri | 15/10 H&R | Rotors when it's cold | V-Spokes when it's warm
    2015 BMW X5 35d Msport | it runs on kerosene | notsport | baby seat

dead and gone.....
    2012 BMW X6 50i | it had a bike rack
    2010 Ram 1500 | hhhhemi
    2008 Mazda RX-8 | it go-karts
    2006 Infiniti G35 coupe | my lady
    1998 Eagle Talon esi | no turbo powers

Veteran Member Four Rings jdmnomore's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by midam96 View Post
    40,200 miles
    Skn tuning stage 2 ECU
    Milltek exhaust
    Aleu Kruez
    K&N air filters
    Car has been flawless
    Maintenance according to schedule oil changed a bit more often.
    Mainly highway miles
    What is this SKN tune? Can you share details and impressions?
    2013 SUZUKA GREY RS5
    Eventuri intake + Slam Panel / Milltek non res
    2015 MYTHOS S4 (Black Optic)

2008 AVUS RS4

2004 IMOLA S4
    Dead

Established Member Two Rings theplyamm's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm curious to hear from guys who have convertibles? Any issues with the soft top or the mechanics related to the convertible?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Three Rings patmusk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi RS5, 2013 Subaru BRZ, 1971 Volvo P1800

67k Miles
    Mods below
    No issues as of yet after fixing a squeaky rear bumper when I first purchased.
    2013 Audi RS5
    Daytona Grey | Black | MMI | B&O | Capristo Exhaust w/ Non-Res DPs | Eventuri Intake | H&R Coil Overs | Alu Kreuz | EC Sways | E-Codes | V1 | Llumar 35%
    Summer: 20x10 BBS CI-R | Winter: 19x9 Forged OEM | BBS Spacers 10mm~5mm

Build Thread :: Instagram