Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Audi S3 Rebuild Project Inside!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys, new to the Audizine, but have owned a handful of different VWs and Audis. Recently, I saw this Audi S3 for sale online at an insurance auction and I thought it would make for a great rebuild project. I just wanted to share with all of you and will be making continual update videos on this car. I also show my Jetta GLI that has been a total money pit of a rebuild (I also plan to make some videos on it). Check it out!

Established Member Two Rings NC_Detail_Garage's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks for sharing I'm curious what troubles you've had with the GLI. I've had my '14 since new and it's never seen the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings SForePlayin''s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Odyssey, 2016 Toyota Camry SE
    Items for Sale

I'm curious about the whole salvage purchase/rebuild process. I'll be checking back for updates.
    2014 S4 Ice Silver Metallic | Black Optic | DSG | Sport Diff | ADS | Fine Black Nappa | MMI Nav + | B&O | Carbon Atlas Inlays | Supercharged Badges | Advanced Key | OEM Floor and Trunk Mats | Michelin PSS A/S 3 | Lamin-x Yellow | deAutoLED | Carista |
    2003 A4 Sedan | Light Silver Metallic | MT6 | 3.0 Quattro | - Traded In

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks. I've had a lot of issues with my GLI, but they are 100% accident related. The accident wrecked some of the wiring harnesses in the engine bay, and destroyed a lot of plastic components up front, including all the tiny little sensors. That combined with a long delay in work from the shop that was supposed to have it done months ago have created a mess. I took back possession of the GLI today and will be doing a few videos on it. The S3 is a creampuff in comparison when it comes to condition and should be fixed in substantially quicker fashion.