Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings b7slineA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07 2014
    AZ Member #
    138352
    My Garage
    work horse- GMC Sierra, wife- C70 T5
    Location
    Boston

    Transformed the front end of a stock A7 Prestige...

    This is not a How-To, but a how-it-went.

    A few weeks ago I finally dedicated enough time to pull the bumper cover off for some proper upgrades. Killed 3 birds with 1 stone- OEM RS7 Grill, Xpel Headlamp protection and APR SC pulley. Used all OEM parts for the grill swap from 2015 RS7 diagrams - front crash reinforcement cover, parking sensor mounts, hardware, etc. If you can find an aftermarket "RS look" grill that you approve of- go that route, not this one. I have OCD and had to have OEM unit. I had to cut, adapt, remove, you name it. With the APR SC pulley, my ticket for the slide-right-on experience was 30 minutes at 400 and I RAN the pulley out there. For the Xpel- this was my 6th time using their stuff, I'm a big fan. It protects from rocks, but most importantly- UV protection to keep my lenses crystal clear.

    Final steps still in the works- finish installing the retractable license plate holder and an aftermarket front view camera in the OEM mount under the rings.



    Removed this very thin cover up piece completely, it was not for support- the foam attached to it.







    Cut the edges off the parking sensors- these are just not compatible with an A7/S7 bumper cover




    Had to trim the sides of the bumper reinforcement cover





    Re-route parking sensor wires




    Test fit and needing to remove RS7 letters



    Incredibly worn, old horizontal grill





    Finished product, well worth it. Just need the diamond covers for the 2 mounting screws.






    APR SC pulley, using AWE removal tool.




    Forgot to take any pictures during the Xpel application since my fingers were covered in the alcohol/water mixture. Since the C7 headlamps have no 2 dimensional contours, just a nice flat surface, they are incredibly easy to do. No heat gun.
    00 C5 4.2
    12 C7 A7 3.0T Prestige, Sport, APR S2

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings Kevin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 19 2008
    AZ Member #
    34358
    Location
    Long Island

    Looks good. Nice job.
    1 of 1 in the United States 2015 A6 TDI Prestige with 19" Sports Package and Season Dedicated Tires - Oolong Gray Metalic, Nougat Brown Interior, Dark Brown Walnut Inlays, Black Headliner, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision Assistant with Pedestrian Detection. Summer - Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Winter - Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4. Eurocode Sway Bars and Links. XPEL Ultimate.

    RIP - 2005 A6 4.2 - (February 2005 - August 2014) (142,000 miles)

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Three Rings 07S6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 17 2010
    AZ Member #
    64271
    Location
    NJ

    Nice work! Did you get the APR stage 2 software yet to go along? Share your feedback please!
    2012 A7 Prestige, Innovation Pkg, Sport Pkg, B&O
    2012 A6 Prestige - Phantom Black/Nougat/Innovation Pkg. (sold)
    2007 S6 5.2L V10 (sold)

  4. #4
    Established Member Three Rings Djpeaksd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01 2016
    AZ Member #
    368088
    Location
    Encinitas, CA

    Looks awesome! I just painted my crash bar as I heard that black plastic piece didn't fit so good. Do you happen to have a part # for that? Now the only thing you need is the two little plastic pieces to cover up the front plate screws, yeah and they're only $30 bucks a piece!
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue, Sport, Black Optic, Driver Assistance packages. EPL ECU & TCU tune, 21x10.5 TSW Bathurst wheels, Roc-Euro intake, and resenator delete, OEM RS grille with Quattro script.

  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings b7slineA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07 2014
    AZ Member #
    138352
    My Garage
    work horse- GMC Sierra, wife- C70 T5
    Location
    Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Djpeaksd View Post
    Looks awesome! I just painted my crash bar as I heard that black plastic piece didn't fit so good. Do you happen to have a part # for that? Now the only thing you need is the two little plastic pieces to cover up the front plate screws, yeah and they're only $30 bucks a piece!
    Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the compliments.

    I sure do, it's printed like this- 4G8.807.217.A. And yup i found out about the diamond covers last week. I'm just still laughing from the price, but everything on an RS7 parts diagram is incredibly expensive/marked up. They want around 200 for a standard front plate mount... Yea right-

    Quote Originally Posted by 07S6 View Post
    Nice work! Did you get the APR stage 2 software yet to go along? Share your feedback please!
    Thank you! The final flash is next week on Tuesday at my APR dealer. I will without a doubt give some feedback versus Stage 1. The thing that sucks is, i bought the stage 2 kit (just pulley, belt and software token) back sometime last year for $500, now it's down to only $350. I feel the bump from stage 1 to stage 2 is going to be pretty minimal and not exactly worth 500 bucks. We will see, either way i'm not going back now. Once APR releases the TFSI coolant performance system for our C7's I bet i'll be going that route for my next upgrade- but mostly piece of mind, longevity.
    00 C5 4.2
    12 C7 A7 3.0T Prestige, Sport, APR S2

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Three Rings 07S6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 17 2010
    AZ Member #
    64271
    Location
    NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by b7slineA4 View Post
    Thank you! The final flash is next week on Tuesday at my APR dealer. I will without a doubt give some feedback versus Stage 1. The thing that sucks is, i bought the stage 2 kit (just pulley, belt and software token) back sometime last year for $500, now it's down to only $350. I feel the bump from stage 1 to stage 2 is going to be pretty minimal and not exactly worth 500 bucks. We will see, either way i'm not going back now. Once APR releases the TFSI coolant performance system for our C7's I bet i'll be going that route for my next upgrade- but mostly piece of mind, longevity.
    I assume you've been pleased with stage 1? Now that i'm out of CPO, i may pull the trigger during the next sale event.
    2012 A7 Prestige, Innovation Pkg, Sport Pkg, B&O
    2012 A6 Prestige - Phantom Black/Nougat/Innovation Pkg. (sold)
    2007 S6 5.2L V10 (sold)

  7. #7
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    378281
    Location
    CA

    Nicely done!!!!

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings b7slineA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07 2014
    AZ Member #
    138352
    My Garage
    work horse- GMC Sierra, wife- C70 T5
    Location
    Boston

    I couldn't reccomend a better upgrade, than the stage 1. It transformed the car, just throws you back and keeps pulling and pulling. Back when I got it, it was much more expensive at I think $1500 and it was still worth every single penny. Now it's come down a lot, which is even better. And just like APR advertises- when you feel like getting good mpgs on a trip or something, you just drive it gently and easily maintain good mileage. I trusted APRs software over others because of the R&D they put into the development, and my speed shop gave me the inside scoop of why they only offer APR.

    Sent from my Pixel using Audizine mobile app
    00 C5 4.2
    12 C7 A7 3.0T Prestige, Sport, APR S2

  9. #9
    Senior Member Four Rings RAF_S7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 29 2014
    AZ Member #
    167502
    Location
    Hampshire, UK

    Loving the carbon grill!

    So is it a facelift RS7 grill onto a pre-facelift A7? Good job if it is as l didn't think the two were even comparable
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue ///Matrix//Bose//HUD//Self Park//Lane Assist//ACC//F&R parking cams//Blackvue DR650//Phone Box//Sunroof//Privacy glass//Carbon Trim//Carbon mirrors//Neidfaktor Carbon Steering wheel//RS Knob//OEM RS Grill//Suntek PPF//De-chromed//Roc-Euro//Modded Exhaust//Cete ASC v2 installed
    Gone: 2014 Audi A7Q 3.0 TFSI
    Gone: 2011 Audi A6Q 2.8 TFSI
    Gone: 2009 Audi A3Q 2.0 TDIi

  10. #10
    Established Member Two Rings b7slineA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07 2014
    AZ Member #
    138352
    My Garage
    work horse- GMC Sierra, wife- C70 T5
    Location
    Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by RAF_S7 View Post
    Loving the carbon grill!

    So is it a facelift RS7 grill onto a pre-facelift A7? Good job if it is as l didn't think the two were even comparable
    Nope, just a preface lift RS7 grill onto preface lift A7.
    00 C5 4.2
    12 C7 A7 3.0T Prestige, Sport, APR S2

  11. #11
    Senior Member Three Rings A6sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11 2007
    AZ Member #
    16309
    My Garage
    C5 A6, D4 A8L, MK1 TT Roadster, Lexus RX 400h
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN

    Excellent!
    2012 A7 Premium Plus| S Exterior| RS Carbon Optics| Carbon spoiler| Carbon diffuser| Aluminum mirrors/ carbon pods| V6T badges| Smoked tail, side markers| Titanium Blade wheels| S sport exhaust| APR 93 Stage II| S Sport Brembos Ft/RR

    Interior: Super sport seats| FB Steering wheel| S door sills| RS shifter|
    S Aluminum Pedals| RS Mats trimmed in red| S stop/start button| Piano Black inlays| Red Seat belts| Exclusive Alcantara interior

  12. #12
    Active Member Two Rings Slickn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08 2012
    AZ Member #
    91424
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Looks good Nick! Are you planning on stopping at stage 2? Or will you go on to double pulley? Stage 1 was a tease for me. Stage 2 is better, but I already crave more power. And I can't wait for apr to release the cps for our platform.

    Any plans to head up to epping to run the c7 this year?

    Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    2014 Audi A6 3.0t Prestige - 20" sport. EPL stage 2. Eurocode sway bars.
    2001.5 Audi A6 2.7t - K04/997 hybrids tuned by EPL.

  13. #13
    Established Member Two Rings b7slineA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07 2014
    AZ Member #
    138352
    My Garage
    work horse- GMC Sierra, wife- C70 T5
    Location
    Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Slickn View Post
    Looks good Nick! Are you planning on stopping at stage 2? Or will you go on to double pulley? Stage 1 was a tease for me. Stage 2 is better, but I already crave more power. And I can't wait for apr to release the cps for our platform.

    Any plans to head up to epping to run the c7 this year?

    Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Nick! I'll take a break after upgrading to the cps system and double pulley. Hell yes I plan on heading to epping this year. Are you interested? I have a couple car friends that are confirmed to join in already.
    00 C5 4.2
    12 C7 A7 3.0T Prestige, Sport, APR S2

  14. #14
    Active Member Two Rings Slickn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08 2012
    AZ Member #
    91424
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Quote Originally Posted by b7slineA4 View Post
    Thanks Nick! I'll take a break after upgrading to the cps system and double pulley. Hell yes I plan on heading to epping this year. Are you interested? I have a couple car friends that are confirmed to join in already.
    Yea I'm definitely interested... I can't wait to see what this car will run in the quarter.

    Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    2014 Audi A6 3.0t Prestige - 20" sport. EPL stage 2. Eurocode sway bars.
    2001.5 Audi A6 2.7t - K04/997 hybrids tuned by EPL.

  15. #15
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 05 2013
    AZ Member #
    128647
    Location
    Texas

    Nicely done! Planning on going with a xenonz after market grill for my S7 when it comes in. Can't tell if your grill lacks gloss or if its just the lighting? Curious to know because I'm debating wether I want to go with xenonz all black gloss grill with the quattro insignia or wether to go with the same grill but with the chrome lip.

  16. #16
    Established Member Two Rings b7slineA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07 2014
    AZ Member #
    138352
    My Garage
    work horse- GMC Sierra, wife- C70 T5
    Location
    Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgemachete View Post
    Nicely done! Planning on going with a xenonz after market grill for my S7 when it comes in. Can't tell if your grill lacks gloss or if its just the lighting? Curious to know because I'm debating wether I want to go with xenonz all black gloss grill with the quattro insignia or wether to go with the same grill but with the chrome lip.
    Thank you! Just the camera angle, it's the oem glass block honeycomb. I'll try and take another picture in natural light to show the gloss better if it helps!
    00 C5 4.2
    12 C7 A7 3.0T Prestige, Sport, APR S2

  17. #17
    Veteran Member Four Rings zcd2.7t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 19 2010
    AZ Member #
    53593
    Location
    Chicago area

    Looks great!

    I gotta ask - how many hours in total did you put in on these jobs?
    2013 S6, Glacier White over Black.
    "If you have the means and don't buy this car, we cannot be friends." - R&T
    2015 Q5 TDi - Torque, baby!
    (Gone, never forgotten) 2011 S4 Prestige S-tronic wSTaSIS stuff

  18. #18
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2016
    AZ Member #
    388791
    Location
    NM

    Quote Originally Posted by b7slineA4 View Post

    I sure do, it's printed like this- 4G8.807.217.A. And yup i found out about the diamond covers last week. I'm just still laughing from the price, but everything on an RS7 parts diagram is incredibly expensive/marked up. They want around 200 for a standard front plate mount... Yea right-
    What are these diamond covers you speak of? 0.o

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings b7slineA4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07 2014
    AZ Member #
    138352
    My Garage
    work horse- GMC Sierra, wife- C70 T5
    Location
    Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by zcd2.7t View Post
    Looks great!

    I gotta ask - how many hours in total did you put in on these jobs?
    Good question, i'm sure it was 10+ hours. I took my time since it's not my daily driver, and had to wait in between parts orders. Like I said i wouldn't recommend someone try this, I did not expect so much custom fitting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    What are these diamond covers you speak of? 0.o
    So also known as License Frame Cap(s) 4G8-807-156 + 4G8-807-155, they are black plastic diamond shaped covers, the same shape of the honeycomb that (will) cover the 2 torxs bolts shown in my picture.
    00 C5 4.2
    12 C7 A7 3.0T Prestige, Sport, APR S2

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.