Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45
  1. #1
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2009
    AZ Member #
    46902
    Location
    Minnesota

    S5 vs. AMG C43 thoughts

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My nogaro B5 S4 was in the shop when the shop burned down last week (read all the details in the S4 forum). So I'm in the market unexpectedly. I'm still depressed that I'll not have a manual trans again. I've narrowed things down to a S5 Sportback or the C43. So who else has crossed shopped?

    The C43 test drive was a good one. Fast. Nice and tight. Wierd little shifter and windshield wiper stalk on the left. No spare. Trunk is ok size I guess. Felt like a "Mercedes" if that makes sense.

    Drove an A5 Sportback today to get the feel for size (I can get the dealer's order for the first S5 Sportback). I would expect the S5 performance to match the C43. Feels like an "Audi" for sure, which I like.

    Part of the dilemma is that I can get a huge (but yet undetermined) discount through a Merdedes-employed relative.

    So what have the rest of you seen in a comparison? Or any other suggestions for that matter......
    Last edited by JLoft; 04-21-2017 at 07:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings rmbrown09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    285499
    Location
    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by JLoft View Post
    My nogaro B5 S4 was in the shop when the shop burned down last week (read all the details in the S4 forum). So I'm in the market unexpectedly. I'm still depressed that I'll not have a manual trans again. I've narrowed things down to a S5 Sportback or the C43. So who else has crossed shopped?

    The C43 test drive was a good one. Fast. Nice and tight. Wierd little shifter and .ndshield wiper stalk on the left. No spare. Trunk is ok size I guess. Felt like a "Mercedes" if that makes sense.

    Drove an A5 Sportback today to get the feel for size (I can get the dealer's order for the first S5 Sportback). I would expect the S5 performance to match the C43. Feels like an "Audi" for sure, which I like.

    Part of the dilemma is that I can get a huge (but yet undtermined) discount through a Merdedes-employed relative.

    So what have the rest of you seen in a comparison? Or any other suggestions for that matter......
    From an aesthetic standpoint I think the new S5 and sportback variant beat the living shit out a C43. But this is an Audi forum.
    2010 S5 Prestige

  3. #3
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    OOOO

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  4. #4
    Registered Member Four Rings Okan509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    48590
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Items for Sale

    saw your post on the merc forums.

    used to own an b8 s4.

    The new s5 should be quite considerably better than the previous gen but Audi still has a fundamental flaw in there larger cars/larger displacement cars - and that is the placement of the engine. It's too far forward to have the same type of driving dynamics the competition offers.

    The Audi will have a better transmission.

    I feel like mercedes just tunes their cars, in general, a little more aggressively. So if you want a softer more refined experience I'd go with the Audi. If you want a more racey/sporty feel I'd go with the c43. (I am speaking stock vs stock - modifications can throw that way out the window.)
    (Alex) - C453 - Cardinal Red

  5. #5
    Senior Member Three Rings SixShifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29 2012
    AZ Member #
    94274
    Location
    York, Pa

    was going to suggest you visit the C43 forum, but I see you've also started a similar thread over there. based on what I've seen ... and I've been following it since the C43 became unavailable ... the major complaint (other than the non-availability of the power mirrors in the P3 package) is fit and finish- followed closely by the terrible Burmester audio system ... but I'll assume you've already read through the threads and have come to your own conclusions. I know for my part that the only way I'd currently consider moving into the C43 is if the E50 turns out to be a total disappointment when introduced in '18.

  6. #6
    Active Member Two Rings Bronc0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10 2016
    AZ Member #
    385121
    Location
    Idaho

    S5 vs. AMG C43 thoughts

    I own an S5 and I am a sales consultant for Mercedes-Benz. I can probably give you the best comparison. The C43 has more utility value, the 9 speed transmission is ridiculously smooth. The C43 has a very nice torque split at 69-31, it's enough to keep you stable in bad weather but makes it handle like a dream when you get on it. The dynamic select has more defined parameters than the S5. The C43 has a nicer engine sound in my opinion. You'll also find the C43 to be faster too, there is a noticeable difference.

    Truthfully. It comes down to styling. The S5 is much more sleek and sporty looking. It's a "younger persons car" to be honest to the uneducated it is hard to tell the difference between the c300/c43/C63s

    I bought my S5 in college before I started working for Mercedes. I have been an Audi die hard, and I mean that. I have done 3 2.7t swaps on the B6 platform and owned 6 different Audis. Mercedes wins out every time in my opinion. The C43 is a better car in almost every way. I am currently figuring out the best way for me to make the jump myself. I will always have an Audi as a winter beater as I'm a strong believer in the Quattro system. Get the C43 if you value performance, you won't be disappointed. Just my $0.02, it's subjective


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  7. #7
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    Blasphemy ^^^^^^

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  8. #8
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    But seriously, at the end of the day it comes down to what you want to drive. Which one sings to your soul???? You will never regret the "gut" on a car IMO. I have regretted using sense and equations when buying a car though, but not too much.

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  9. #9
    Active Member Two Rings Bronc0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10 2016
    AZ Member #
    385121
    Location
    Idaho

    Quote Originally Posted by Xplycko View Post
    But seriously, at the end of the day it comes down to what you want to drive. Which one sings to your soul???? You will never regret the "gut" on a car IMO. I have regretted using sense and equations when buying a car though, but not too much.

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app
    100% right. I say this to clients all the time. Luxury cars are not rational decisions. Therefore go with what resonates most with you. If you want A to B go buy a Honda.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  10. #10
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 10 2014
    AZ Member #
    294171
    Location
    CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronc0 View Post
    I own an S5 and I am a sales consultant for Mercedes-Benz. I can probably give you the best comparison. The C43 has more utility value, the 9 speed transmission is ridiculously smooth. The C43 has a very nice torque split at 69-31, it's enough to keep you stable in bad weather but makes it handle like a dream when you get on it. The dynamic select has more defined parameters than the S5. The C43 has a nicer engine sound in my opinion. You'll also find the C43 to be faster too, there is a noticeable difference.

    Truthfully. It comes down to styling. The S5 is much more sleek and sporty looking. It's a "younger persons car" to be honest to the uneducated it is hard to tell the difference between the c300/c43/C63s

    I bought my S5 in college before I started working for Mercedes. I have been an Audi die hard, and I mean that. I have done 3 2.7t swaps on the B6 platform and owned 6 different Audis. Mercedes wins out every time in my opinion. The C43 is a better car in almost every way. I am currently figuring out the best way for me to make the jump myself. I will always have an Audi as a winter beater as I'm a strong believer in the Quattro system. Get the C43 if you value performance, you won't be disappointed. Just my $0.02, it's subjective


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    to be fair this S5 is a totally different car from yours.. its probably best he drive it first. The B9 A4 loaner i had killed the B8 A4 loaner .. fit and finish.. technology.. power.. B9 is just an overall better car than the B8.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2015
    AZ Member #
    333416
    Location
    Watertown, MA

    I'd go for the Mercedes. The b9 is pretty ugly looking. If I was in the market the c63 is something I would go for. The rear tail lights look great. I think mercedes has done an outstanding job.

  12. #12
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2009
    AZ Member #
    46902
    Location
    Minnesota

    Again, thanks guys. Yes, I also posted over at MB - I didn't know how much overlap in readership there might be. I was not at all ready for a major decision like this and need the opinions from both sides to get up to speed quickly. I'm driving both again today. Keep the thoughts coming.
    Last edited by JLoft; 04-21-2017 at 07:45 AM.

  13. #13
    Active Member Two Rings Quattttttttttro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17 2017
    AZ Member #
    397890
    Location
    Tennessee

    Quote Originally Posted by Atmmac View Post
    I'd go for the Mercedes. The b9 is pretty ugly looking. If I was in the market the c63 is something I would go for. The rear tail lights look great. I think mercedes has done an outstanding job.
    Have you had the chance of seeing b9 in person? I saw the B9 S5 in person and it was nothing but a love at first sight. I tell you, pictures DO NOT do justice for that car. I will definitely buy a used one in the next few years

  14. #14
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 29 2017
    AZ Member #
    391952
    Location
    DE

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronc0 View Post
    The C43 has more utility value, the 9 speed transmission is ridiculously smooth. [/url]
    I found it totally annoying, it kept switching back and forth all the time, responding to drive conditions, and each step, even though not producing a huge jolt, was easy to feel and seemed completely out of place.

    I would definitely go for Audi, but if you feel like investigating other alternatives, the Jaguar XE is a great, and I mean - great package in its sport form. Much better than Benz in my view.

  15. #15
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    I would like to ad that me on a personal note finds all Mercedes kind of bland looking. The only exceptions being the gull wing door cars, they are beautiful.

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  16. #16
    Established Member Two Rings mrpoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392460
    Location
    Toronto

    The quality of Mercedes has gone down as well, especially in the interior! Main reason I have switched over to Audi. If you want a louder and more jolty ride go with the C43, but after the noise becomes normal you will get tired of the seats and the squeaks and rattles the car makes. The B9 is the best overall package for a daily driver, comfortable but still quick on its feet with great quattro handling.
    On Order : 2018 S4 Technik Brilliant Black - ETA April 28th
    Currently Driving : Cirrus White MY15 CLA45 AMG

  17. #17
    Active Member Two Rings Bronc0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10 2016
    AZ Member #
    385121
    Location
    Idaho

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    The quality of Mercedes has gone down as well, especially in the interior! Main reason I have switched over to Audi. If you want a louder and more jolty ride go with the C43, but after the noise becomes normal you will get tired of the seats and the squeaks and rattles the car makes. The B9 is the best overall package for a daily driver, comfortable but still quick on its feet with great quattro handling.
    You're high buddy. The build quality of any comparable Mercedes to Audi is significantly better. You can't use a CLA as reference point either, it's barely a Mercedes


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  18. #18
    Registered Member Four Rings Okan509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    48590
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Items for Sale

    My C has bad build quality compared to either of my b8 a4 or b8.5 s4.

    rattles galore and I'm not the only one complaining about it.

    I'm just leasing and have bigger fish to fry - but something to consider.
    (Alex) - C453 - Cardinal Red

  19. #19
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2015
    AZ Member #
    321121
    My Garage
    2015 GL450
    Location
    IL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronc0 View Post
    You're high buddy. The build quality of any comparable Mercedes to Audi is significantly better. You can't use a CLA as reference point either, it's barely a Mercedes


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I'm not a Mercedes fan (unless we're talking AMG's) but I bought the wife a 2015 GL450 (that way she couldn't complain when I got my S5 ) and I have no complaints about the build quality. I find the two comparable with the Mercedes having some nice touches...stitched leather dash, 360 degree cameras, folding mirrors, etc. Also, very solid with no rattles. Nothing that would pull me away from Audi though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2016 S5 6MT - Brilliant Black, P+, High Gloss Black, Sport Dif, B&O, Tech, Nappa
    Current: H&R Street Performance Coilovers, H&R Spacers 15/20, OEM RS5 Grill, CQ's Finest, 35% Pinnacle Tint

  20. #20
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    The Audi is just a better looking car IMO. No one in the world builds a front fascia like Audi. The only other car company that even gets close IMO is Alpha Romeo.

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  21. #21
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    If your comparing cars you should look at the Alpha Giulia as well.

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  22. #22
    Established Member Two Rings mrpoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392460
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronc0 View Post
    You're high buddy. The build quality of any comparable Mercedes to Audi is significantly better. You can't use a CLA as reference point either, it's barely a Mercedes


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I'm not comparing the CLA45 to that market segment. My wife had the 2016 Mercedes C300, she traded it in as well for an Audi. I have also driven the New E class, CLS and GLE, they all have similar interior build quality.
    On Order : 2018 S4 Technik Brilliant Black - ETA April 28th
    Currently Driving : Cirrus White MY15 CLA45 AMG

  23. #23
    Established Member Two Rings mrpoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392460
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan509 View Post
    My C has bad build quality compared to either of my b8 a4 or b8.5 s4.

    rattles galore and I'm not the only one complaining about it.

    I'm just leasing and have bigger fish to fry - but something to consider.
    Hell ya, tell me about it!!!! I read so many posts on Mercedes forums of the same complaint, it really bugs me that a Mercedes Brand has become so complacent and is just selling the Name rather then the quality it use to previously be known for!
    On Order : 2018 S4 Technik Brilliant Black - ETA April 28th
    Currently Driving : Cirrus White MY15 CLA45 AMG

  24. #24
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    I owned an 88 190e. That car never made a squeak and was reliable. My sister a a newer c class and this may sound weird but the 190 just felt better.

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  25. #25
    Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 21 2004
    AZ Member #
    2873
    My Garage
    E350 4Matic; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ
    Location
    South Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Hell ya, tell me about it!!!! I read so many posts on Mercedes forums of the same complaint, it really bugs me that a Mercedes Brand has become so complacent and is just selling the Name rather then the quality it use to previously be known for!
    I've had C classes, E classes. In honestly, when I have walked around my MB cars I can see panels that dont quite line up right, plastic bumper parts that stick out a bit, etc. The new c-class had wierd panel gaps...

    https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...responses.html

    The interiors would bleed...



    http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/07/m...-seat-problem/

    etc. I still like mercedes. They do feel solid and I like the smooth ride but I put the build quality of my recent Audi cars well ahead.

    mike
    2013 Audi S5 DSG
    Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 189mm/57mm, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    11.605 at 118.76mph - 93 octane - +544DA
    Gone:
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

  26. #26
    Senior Member Three Rings luv2sleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    95101
    Location
    SoCal

    Mercedes has the brand thing going. My wife likes MB vehicles; she's on her 6th one. They are a dime in dozen, kind of like bimmers. To me, they are bland and boring. To each his own.
    One of my neighbors owns a C43. I don't know how it drives and I'm sure it's a fun car but again, it looks bland and boring to me. An average A5 looks nicer than any C class and when you move up to a S5 and then the RS5, there's no comparison to any C class IMO. As far as performance goes, get a tune which will put it in a whole different league. What do you expect...this is an Audi forum.

  27. #27
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    4 Rings for life!!! Unless someone gives me a Pagani Zonda

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  28. #28
    Registered Member Four Rings Okan509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    48590
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
    Mercedes has the brand thing going. My wife likes MB vehicles; she's on her 6th one. They are a dime in dozen, kind of like bimmers. To me, they are bland and boring. To each his own.
    One of my neighbors owns a C43. I don't know how it drives and I'm sure it's a fun car but again, it looks bland and boring to me. An average A5 looks nicer than any C class and when you move up to a S5 and then the RS5, there's no comparison to any C class IMO. As far as performance goes, get a tune which will put it in a whole different league. What do you expect...this is an Audi forum.
    that's a bold statement. It's just strokes for different folks at the end of the day.







    (Alex) - C453 - Cardinal Red

  29. #29
    Established Member Three Rings Xplycko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    390557
    My Garage
    01 A6 2.7t 6 Speed, Nissan Xterra, Jeep CJ7
    Location
    East Tennessee

    I won't lie when done like that those are vicious looking animals. But I still prefer the Audi. It's just like you said, whatever strokes your boat ;)

    Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Audizine mobile app

  30. #30
    Senior Member Three Rings luv2sleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    95101
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan509 View Post
    that's a bold statement. It's just strokes for different folks at the end of the day.







    The last picture is really well done. I'll stick with 4 rings. Like I've said, to each his own.

  31. #31
    Senior Member Four Rings jokingjimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 20 2014
    AZ Member #
    289804
    My Garage
    2013 A5
    Location
    Florida, US

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan509 View Post
    that's a bold statement. It's just strokes for different folks at the end of the day.







    Personal opinion of course, but Mercedes front ends look like strange insects wearing Oakley sunglasses. That bulbous noise with the giant emblem, looking strikingly similar to an Infinity Q50 just doesn't do it for me. From the side and rear, pretty awesome, but front, yuck.

    MB is a great car, and the tech is nice, but the C Class just isn't a great quality build. Once you get up in E Class, then I would say build quality, including interior starts to compare. At the "entry" price point, Audi just sits above the rest on quality and fit/finish.

    But, at the end of the day, like others have said, sit in them, drive them, the one that bites you on the butt and puts a smile on your face is the one to get. But get comfy seat lol.

    Now, with the family discount, that is something to consider, but a couple thousand bucks saved for getting the second best choice isn't worth it - assuming the Audi is your first choice that is! Remember, we don't get these cars because they are a smart financial decision, we get them because we're crack addicts, waiting for that next drive high...

    Good luck bud!
    Everything graciously mispelled by Android

    2014 S4 Prestige | Nogaro Blue Pearl | 6MT + Sports Diff | B&O | Black/Nogaro Blue Alcantaera | Stuff* | 3M Crystalline
    2013 A5 Premium Plus | Moonlight Blue Metallic | 3M Crystalline

  32. #32
    Registered Member Four Rings Okan509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    48590
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jokingjimmy View Post
    Personal opinion of course, but Mercedes front ends look like strange insects wearing Oakley sunglasses. That bulbous noise with the giant emblem, looking strikingly similar to an Infinity Q50 just doesn't do it for me. From the side and rear, pretty awesome, but front, yuck.

    MB is a great car, and the tech is nice, but the C Class just isn't a great quality build. Once you get up in E Class, then I would say build quality, including interior starts to compare. At the "entry" price point, Audi just sits above the rest on quality and fit/finish.

    But, at the end of the day, like others have said, sit in them, drive them, the one that bites you on the butt and puts a smile on your face is the one to get. But get comfy seat lol.

    Now, with the family discount, that is something to consider, but a couple thousand bucks saved for getting the second best choice isn't worth it - assuming the Audi is your first choice that is! Remember, we don't get these cars because they are a smart financial decision, we get them because we're crack addicts, waiting for that next drive high...

    Good luck bud!
    I disagree about your sentiments on the interior - to be more specific

    The materials and finish are great - but the there are rattles. I mean, my car has a leather stitched dash - which you won't find in the Audi.

    looks are subjective, period.
    (Alex) - C453 - Cardinal Red

  33. #33
    Senior Member Four Rings jokingjimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 20 2014
    AZ Member #
    289804
    My Garage
    2013 A5
    Location
    Florida, US

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan509 View Post
    I disagree about your sentiments on the interior - to be more specific

    The materials and finish are great - but the there are rattles. I mean, my car has a leather stitched dash - which you won't find in the Audi.

    looks are subjective, period.
    I agree with you on the dash 100% actually. Stitched leather dashes are really nice and I prefer them. There are single bits that could be picked out where one is better than the other.

    I'm speaking on the design, materials and application as a whole, Audi does better in their entry/mid line segment than the competition with the whole interior package.

    Jump up to that AMG Shooting Brake, and all bets are off lol.
    Everything graciously mispelled by Android

    2014 S4 Prestige | Nogaro Blue Pearl | 6MT + Sports Diff | B&O | Black/Nogaro Blue Alcantaera | Stuff* | 3M Crystalline
    2013 A5 Premium Plus | Moonlight Blue Metallic | 3M Crystalline

  34. #34
    Registered Member Four Rings Okan509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    48590
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jokingjimmy View Post
    I agree with you on the dash 100% actually. Stitched leather dashes are really nice and I prefer them. There are single bits that could be picked out where one is better than the other.

    I'm speaking on the design, materials and application as a whole, Audi does better in their entry/mid line segment than the competition with the whole interior package.

    Jump up to that AMG Shooting Brake, and all bets are off lol.
    I do love Audi interiors and the b9 is no exception.
    (Alex) - C453 - Cardinal Red

  35. #35
    Veteran Member Three Rings jachien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    103966
    Location
    Cerritos CA
    Items for Sale

    The b9 s5 sounds sooooooo much better than the b8.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 B8.5 S5 - Dual Pulley 189mm/57mm. EPL E85 Dual Pulley/DSG flash. Autotech HPFP. APR B8 Heat Exchanger. Injen Intake. Deleted Mufflers. 034 Street Motor Mounts. 034 Driveline Mount Inserts. KW HAS + H&R F:20mm/R:25mm wheel spacers. S6 Brake Conversion

  36. #36
    Active Member Two Rings Quattttttttttro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17 2017
    AZ Member #
    397890
    Location
    Tennessee

    Quote Originally Posted by jachien View Post
    The b9 s5 sounds sooooooo much better than the b8.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    the b9 gets a lot of flack on car forums. Granted I was one of them until I went by my Audi dealer and saw the B9 S5 and it truly is a stunning stunning STUNNING car in person. It is definitely going to be my next car in the next few years when I can find good used ones.
    I haven't looked at a car like the B9 S5 in a very long time lol

  37. #37
    Senior Member Three Rings ip428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 01 2015
    AZ Member #
    306950
    My Garage
    07 Nissan Versa
    Location
    ATL

    So much to consider, thanks for the thread, I've been looking at those c43's as well. I'll keep researching and seeing what else gets posted here!
    B8 A5 6MT Prestige/Black Optic/Avery Dennison/B&O/Airlift/Rotiform/AWE/Superstar Customs/Markland Designs/ABT Sportline/SPC/CF Splitter/CF Trunk Lid

    IG: @mv_428
    ACNA Member

  38. #38
    Veteran Member Four Rings bknewtype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07 2011
    AZ Member #
    69138
    My Garage
    2013 C300 4Matic
    Location
    NYC
    Items for Sale

    tough call, I like the c43 exterior better, but s5 interior. virtual cockpit and massaging seats, mmmmmmm
    Current: 2017 Audi TTS Mythos Black/ Express Red
    034 Intake | 034 Dog bone mount | ECS Turbo muffler delete | BBS CH-R | H&R Sport springs | Burger Tuning JB1
    Past:
    2009 Audi R8 Phantom Black | Nero Satin Pearl
    2011 Audi A5 2.0T 6mt Sapphire Black Build Thread
    2009 Audi S5 Phantom Black

    IG: bknewtype

  39. #39
    Senior Member Three Rings PEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 17 2014
    AZ Member #
    264857
    Location
    NoVA

    ^ i agree with bk

  40. #40
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2009
    AZ Member #
    46902
    Location
    Minnesota

    OP here again. The decision was the S5 Sportback. A big decision made easy by going with what made me smile more. The B9 seems to be a huge step up from the B8, and that is a great car already. S5 will arrive this summer - the first Sportback at my dealership. Thanks for all the help.

    And yes, the insurance company low-balled my on my (formerly) pristine B5 S4. I'll work on that......
    Last edited by JLoft; 04-26-2017 at 05:58 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.