Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    B5 S4 Value Help. ???

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    hey guys. I am going to have to sue someone for hitting my S4. And I'm trying to get as much info and facts as possible.
    If you recently bought or sold a B5 S4 within the past year please post up for me please.
    What year was it mileage price paid or price sold for. If there is a link to the posting that is still up that would be good too. Also if it had a clean or salvage title also I don't need a mod list. Thanks for your help guys.
    Last edited by chaos2984; 04-21-2017 at 11:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Four Rings CJ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    291120
    Location
    Flag/Phx, AZ
    Items for Sale

    Get an independent appraiser asap. I just recently totaled my stage 3 s4 and the insurance offered me around $4k. Battled them for awhile and ended up hiring an appraiser to end up with about double their original offering. If you want I can go though my documents from the whole process and see what might help you out.

    2001.5 Silver S4 Avant TIP -> 6MT + k04s

    2001.5 Santorin S4 6mt - srm k24 build [Totaled]


  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ_ View Post
    Get an independent appraiser asap. I just recently totaled my stage 3 s4 and the insurance offered me around $4k. Battled them for awhile and ended up hiring an appraiser to end up with about double their original offering. If you want I can go though my documents from the whole process and see what might help you out.
    I don't want to tie up to much of your time. But how much did the appraiser cost you.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings e30mclow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    314258
    Location
    An Irishman living in NC

    In my case the specialized appraisal cost me almost $1,000.

    Initial offer was something like $3,500. Settled for 3 times that so it worked out.
    Current: 2000 Black Stage III (BW-K04)
    Previous Bad Idea: 2000 Imola Stage III (BW-K04) - Now a parts car - HERE
    Previous "Better" Ideas: Euro e30 m3, Euro e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 316 and so on..

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    how did you get the insurance company to accept that appraisal? Also do you have the appraisal still. If i can get enough maybe I can go back after the insurance company and not after him.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Three Rings e30mclow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    314258
    Location
    An Irishman living in NC

    My scenario wasn't cut and dry.
    The situation was very different, I'm merely stating that in my case the cost of the appraisal was worth it.

    I may have it somewhere
    Current: 2000 Black Stage III (BW-K04)
    Previous Bad Idea: 2000 Imola Stage III (BW-K04) - Now a parts car - HERE
    Previous "Better" Ideas: Euro e30 m3, Euro e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 316 and so on..

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings getslideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16 2008
    AZ Member #
    28851
    Location
    WA

    Quote Originally Posted by e30mclow View Post
    In my case the specialized appraisal cost me almost $1,000.

    Initial offer was something like $3,500. Settled for 3 times that so it worked out.
    this about sums it up. Get an independent

  8. #8
    Senior Member Three Rings e30mclow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    314258
    Location
    An Irishman living in NC

    Just remember you shouldn't expect a dime for your emotional ties to the car. Sad but true.
    If it was a 200k mile tip car on original k03s, you're not going to make out like a bandit.

    What was the spec?
    Current: 2000 Black Stage III (BW-K04)
    Previous Bad Idea: 2000 Imola Stage III (BW-K04) - Now a parts car - HERE
    Previous "Better" Ideas: Euro e30 m3, Euro e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 316 and so on..

  9. #9
    Active Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    6000$ 84k miles

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by e30mclow View Post
    Just remember you shouldn't expect a dime for your emotional ties to the car. Sad but true.
    If it was a 200k mile tip car on original k03s, you're not going to make out like a bandit.

    What was the spec?
    No its 200k 6spd manual with new k03's and fully resealed engine. I paid 4k for the car and put about another 1300 into it. It was very clean car for the age and mileage. The only damage it had was the passenger fender had a ding or two. Normal stone chips on hood and the wheels needed redone.

    What was your situation if you can elaborate a little. Trying to build a case here. Im not worried about emotional ties and such I just want to fix the car and keep driving it.

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    14660
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5
    Location
    FL

    I agree with the advice to hire an appraiser. I think their valuation will carry more weight in a lawsuit than if you try and do it yourself.

    I used one as part of an insurance claim and received about 65% more than I was able to argue for as a result. In my case the appraiser fee was less than $100.
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

  12. #12
    Active Member Two Rings Pik Masta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2017
    AZ Member #
    397106
    Location
    Houston Texas

    Stock 00 S4 at 168K miles for 3000$ last september
    #JoyRideBiTurbo 2000 B5 S4 6MT Santorin/white leather Instagram: @PikMasta

  13. #13
    Senior Member Three Rings e30mclow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    314258
    Location
    An Irishman living in NC

    You need to be careful with an appraiser though.

    The first one I had, had no idea what an Audi was to be honest. Called the car an A4s, and detailed that it was a "Euro Tuner Car". Guy was paid $500 and only looked up KBB to the dime.
    I had to pay $1,000 for a certified Modified/Custom Car Appraiser - of which there are very very few.

    There is a link in my sig to my circumstance, beside the Imola Yellow s4 detail.

    You're saying the word "sue". Do you mean "sue"? It is a strong word.
    I can only presume you're going through insurance, and that the reason you're saying you're going after the guy is that the insurance payout isn't to your liking? Or did you agree to go outside of insurance, and now the guy is low balling?
    Current: 2000 Black Stage III (BW-K04)
    Previous Bad Idea: 2000 Imola Stage III (BW-K04) - Now a parts car - HERE
    Previous "Better" Ideas: Euro e30 m3, Euro e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 316 and so on..

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by e30mclow View Post
    You need to be careful with an appraiser though.

    The first one I had, had no idea what an Audi was to be honest. Called the car an A4s, and detailed that it was a "Euro Tuner Car". Guy was paid $500 and only looked up KBB to the dime.
    I had to pay $1,000 for a certified Modified/Custom Car Appraiser - of which there are very very few.

    There is a link in my sig to my circumstance, beside the Imola Yellow s4 detail.

    You're saying the word "sue". Do you mean "sue"? It is a strong word.
    I can only presume you're going through insurance, and that the reason you're saying you're going after the guy is that the insurance payout isn't to your liking? Or did you agree to go outside of insurance, and now the guy is low balling?
    Here is the skinny,
    I bought the car for 4K a few months ago. It was pretty clean for its age and mileage. Has a new clutch and a complete engine reseal and new turbos on it.
    I am going through insurance. They are trying to low ball me. I have a clean title for the car no brands or anything. But they are telling me its branded due to a total loss back in 2012. But currently it has no brands. They want to give me 1300 after buyback. I am keeping the car regardless. I want to fix it. The total estimate to repair it is 3600. The insurance originally gave me 2300 to fix the car but there was a supplement. And its up to the 3600 and now that they did a full search on it want to total it out and only give me the 1300. So Im quite pissed. I just want the car back to the way it way before the accident. Honestly its not that bad. It needs fender and hood repair. New headlight and new front bumper and a few other little things. Other than that its not that bad.
    They are trying to compare the car to automatics to get an avg value. And they are saying the interior is crap condition knocking more value off the car. The interior is in normal condition for the age I would say. No rips or tears. the only thing is the steering wheel shows its age and I damaged the trim around the fog light buttons trying to remove it. That's really the only issues with the interior.

    I need comparable for what "salvage" S4's are selling for that are rebuilt and in running condition. If I can get them and give them to the insurance company they will up there value on the car. But If I can't get the value to repair the car I will sue the guy who hit me. That's all I want is the money to repair the vehicle to back to the way it was before I got hit. I would understand if the car was destroyed or it was 10's of thousands to repair it. But its not.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Three Rings e30mclow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    314258
    Location
    An Irishman living in NC

    That is a harder battle to face than the thread first suggested.

    Screen shot a few Copart auctions for wrecked s4s. They seem to be all over the map, especially when I want to buy one.
    The title is really going to work against you I'm afraid.
    Current: 2000 Black Stage III (BW-K04)
    Previous Bad Idea: 2000 Imola Stage III (BW-K04) - Now a parts car - HERE
    Previous "Better" Ideas: Euro e30 m3, Euro e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 316 and so on..

  16. #16
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by e30mclow View Post
    That is a harder battle to face than the thread first suggested.

    Screen shot a few Copart auctions for wrecked s4s. They seem to be all over the map, especially when I want to buy one.
    The title is really going to work against you I'm afraid.
    What screen shot? or are you suggesting that I look it up? They well I found 3 with rebuilt titles from 4500-7400 in that range. That were comparable to mine.

  17. #17
    Active Member One Ring 05.5 s4 dv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    397614
    Location
    Bowling Green Ohio

    I bought a 05 with 45k for 15k with a clean title a couple months a go


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  18. #18
    Veteran Member Four Rings zillarob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 16 2010
    AZ Member #
    67118
    My Garage
    2kS4, 84gli, 84caddy dsl
    Location
    WetSide, WA
    Items for Sale

    I think I would be looking into that title thing to see if it is actually clear.
    If it is as you say, that should be a pretty good bump in their offer.

    With an unbranded title in hand, Id say that trumps their computer, but no telling if it lost the brand with something like being transferred out of state.
    Maybe try to make them prove, beyond what they see on the computer, what they are saying.
    I could easily see somebody fat fingering a vin and screwing the wrong car over.

    The way carfax is setup is kinda fkd.
    Had a buddy have a rake fall over in the garage and crack a tail light. Swung by a shop real quick just to get an idea of what a new tail light cost.
    Was no big deal, he ended up fixed it himself.

    Well, when he was selling the car a few years later, people were giving him grief because carfax said the thing had been in an accident on that corner.
    There is an incentive for the fkrs to write stuff up. I think I heard it is tied into AAA and ups your rating with them (recommendations) or some shit.
    There are only 2 things needed to make an Audi work properly - Duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it should - WD40.

  19. #19
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by zillarob View Post
    I think I would be looking into that title thing to see if it is actually clear.
    If it is as you say, that should be a pretty good bump in their offer.

    With an unbranded title in hand, Id say that trumps their computer, but no telling if it lost the brand with something like being transferred out of state.
    Maybe try to make them prove, beyond what they see on the computer, what they are saying.
    I could easily see somebody fat fingering a vin and screwing the wrong car over.

    The way carfax is setup is kinda fkd.
    Had a buddy have a rake fall over in the garage and crack a tail light. Swung by a shop real quick just to get an idea of what a new tail light cost.
    Was no big deal, he ended up fixed it himself.

    Well, when he was selling the car a few years later, people were giving him grief because carfax said the thing had been in an accident on that corner.
    There is an incentive for the fkrs to write stuff up. I think I heard it is tied into AAA and ups your rating with them (recommendations) or some shit.
    Yea I have an unbranded title in my position from my state that I live in. And I checked with my MVA and found that if it was branded they would transfer it to the current one. I got the car from PA and registered it in MD.
    Oh I know about Carfax and what a joke that is. But I'm not disputing it being wreaked before. A car can get rebuilt and issued a title. But in my possession currently is a full clean title. They are trying to tell me the car is worth only 1800 with the branded title. I'm sure if this car was forsale for 1800 people who be buying these left and right. Honestly for the condition the car is in its worth a solid 4K. Due to how clean it is/ was for its age until this happened.

    I need B5 S4's only sorry.

  20. #20
    Veteran Member Four Rings zillarob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 16 2010
    AZ Member #
    67118
    My Garage
    2kS4, 84gli, 84caddy dsl
    Location
    WetSide, WA
    Items for Sale

    Wrecked/repaired, and totaled/rebuilt are 2 very different things. Id sort this part out 1st because it should be a chunk of change.

    In all fairness, it dont take shit for them to claim they are totalled anymore.
    I just went through one not too long ago. A hood and a radiator was all it needed to pass the usual PA insp/em.

    The enhanced insp required to get the title reissued, now that was another story.
    Those fkrs arent happy with street legal, they want the thing back to rolling off the fkn assembly line status. Not easy with a typical spiffed up stg3 car.
    Good thing we had a few kicking around to play musical parts with

    I think them fkng a title up because the cost of repair is pretty much fraud.
    I totally understand if the car is actually twisted up and not repairable without a reasonable certainty that something else wont get weakened in the bending/welding process.
    But, it should be illegal for them to destroy the title on something that is structurally sound, and just needs some bs like a body panel or other not critical parts.
    There are only 2 things needed to make an Audi work properly - Duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it should - WD40.

  21. #21
    Established Member Two Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    391227
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA USA

    Quote Originally Posted by zillarob View Post
    I think I would be looking into that title thing to see if it is actually clear.
    If it is as you say, that should be a pretty good bump in their offer.

    With an unbranded title in hand, Id say that trumps their computer, but no telling if it lost the brand with something like being transferred out of state.
    Maybe try to make them prove, beyond what they see on the computer, what they are saying.
    I could easily see somebody fat fingering a vin and screwing the wrong car over.

    The way carfax is setup is kinda fkd.
    Had a buddy have a rake fall over in the garage and crack a tail light. Swung by a shop real quick just to get an idea of what a new tail light cost.
    Was no big deal, he ended up fixed it himself.

    Well, when he was selling the car a few years later, people were giving him grief because carfax said the thing had been in an accident on that corner.
    There is an incentive for the fkrs to write stuff up. I think I heard it is tied into AAA and ups your rating with them (recommendations) or some shit.
    I also know carfax pays shops to report damage and not everything is on the up and up

  22. #22
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    So yea I am pretty much getting bent the F over on this and now apparently since I didn't cause the accident and their insurance company is taking fault its my fault now. This is a complete disaster. They won't take any forms stating that the car is worth more that book value even with a rebuilt title due to what the car is and how clean it is. But they don't care. They won't even accept an independent appraisal if i had one done. Showing the car is worth more than what they came up with. But I am kinda glad that they paid me 2200 already. I am going to keep that money and told them to pound sand on getting some of it back due to a total loss.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Four Rings CJ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    291120
    Location
    Flag/Phx, AZ
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    I don't want to tie up to much of your time. But how much did the appraiser cost you.
    Sorry, missed this, but my appraiser cost $280. Like mentioned, make sure they are modified/custom car appraiser. The guy I hired wasn't into audis/euros, but he said he did a lot of hot rod/custom type stuff. I did a lot of the footwork and sent him all my receipts, build list, comparable cars, etc. All he really had to do was look everything over and verify it then go to battle with the insurance company for me

    2001.5 Silver S4 Avant TIP -> 6MT + k04s

    2001.5 Santorin S4 6mt - srm k24 build [Totaled]


  24. #24
    Senior Member Four Rings CJ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    291120
    Location
    Flag/Phx, AZ
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    So yea I am pretty much getting bent the F over on this and now apparently since I didn't cause the accident and their insurance company is taking fault its my fault now. This is a complete disaster. They won't take any forms stating that the car is worth more that book value even with a rebuilt title due to what the car is and how clean it is. But they don't care. They won't even accept an independent appraisal if i had one done. Showing the car is worth more than what they came up with. But I am kinda glad that they paid me 2200 already. I am going to keep that money and told them to pound sand on getting some of it back due to a total loss.
    Im pretty sure they have to have an appraisal clause, I guess depending on your state. I would also file a diminished value claim. Don't give up, its what they want you to do

    2001.5 Silver S4 Avant TIP -> 6MT + k04s

    2001.5 Santorin S4 6mt - srm k24 build [Totaled]


  25. #25
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ_ View Post
    Im pretty sure they have to have an appraisal clause, I guess depending on your state. I would also file a diminished value claim. Don't give up, its what they want you to do
    I guess this is where its sticky. The car was salvaged and rebuilt back in 2012. But it has a clean title now. From what the guy said they have to go off of that. I don't know how true that is. Or what to do with that. In my possession I have a full title no brands or anything. I have diminished value in my state but don't know if i can use that since like they say the car has been totaled out before.

    They said since I am not there client they don't accept independent appraisals.

  26. #26
    Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    14660
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5
    Location
    FL

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    The car was salvaged and rebuilt back in 2012.
    What is the source of this information? Was the rebuilt status on the title you received from the seller?
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post
    What is the source of this information? Was the rebuilt status on the title you received from the seller?
    No it was clean from him as well. It was totaled out in VA i was told and then rebuilt. Then went to PA and now I have it in MD. Thats what The insurance guy told me and I have a little history on it that kinda confirms it but again i don't know if its truthful. I have to think it is. But the thing is i have a clean title in hand.

  28. #28
    Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    14660
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5
    Location
    FL

    I'm just curious about what evidence there is showing it was totaled and then issued a rebuilt title. What is going to be presented in court to prove that those things took place? Until there's some official documentation stating such I think you proceed as though the title has always been clean.
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

  29. #29
    Senior Member Four Rings CJ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    291120
    Location
    Flag/Phx, AZ
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post
    I'm just curious about what evidence there is showing it was totaled and then issued a rebuilt title. What is going to be presented in court to prove that those things took place? Until there's some official documentation stating such I think you proceed as though the title has always been clean.
    Agreed with this, not sure about the east coast, but here in Arizona, if a car is branded salvage then rebuilt, there is absolutely no possible way to get back to a clean title. The title will always carry the 'rebuilt' brand on it.

    Ps I read a lot through your website when dealing with my insurance, very informative and helpful in my situation, might be as well in yours, op

    http://www.myaudis4.com/2012/10/07/c...surance-claim/

    2001.5 Silver S4 Avant TIP -> 6MT + k04s

    2001.5 Santorin S4 6mt - srm k24 build [Totaled]


  30. #30
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ_ View Post
    Agreed with this, not sure about the east coast, but here in Arizona, if a car is branded salvage then rebuilt, there is absolutely no possible way to get back to a clean title. The title will always carry the 'rebuilt' brand on it.

    Ps I read a lot through your website when dealing with my insurance, very informative and helpful in my situation, might be as well in yours, op

    http://www.myaudis4.com/2012/10/07/c...surance-claim/
    I tried pushing that my title is clean. And If they wanted to see if i could show them. But he said he didn't care and they have to go off the vin. He showed me a little history on it and it was totaled in 2012 sold at auction and then looks like someone bought it and rebuilt it in PA. It changed hands in PA 3 times. Then I got it and it shows registration at my states MVA. So I don't know how to keep pushing it because the guy didn't care.

  31. #31
    Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    14660
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5
    Location
    FL

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    I tried pushing that my title is clean. And If they wanted to see if i could show them. But he said he didn't care and they have to go off the vin. He showed me a little history on it and it was totaled in 2012 sold at auction and then looks like someone bought it and rebuilt it in PA. It changed hands in PA 3 times. Then I got it and it shows registration at my states MVA. So I don't know how to keep pushing it because the guy didn't care.
    What is their source for the vehicle history?

    This seems like a case where some owner of the vehicle in the past was able to get the salvage vehicle titled someplace somehow without the salvage/rebuilt status coming along, and now your are stuck being the one who has to deal with the consequences of that shady move.
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

  32. #32
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post
    What is their source for the vehicle history?

    This seems like a case where some owner of the vehicle in the past was able to get the salvage vehicle titled someplace somehow without the salvage/rebuilt status coming along, and now your are stuck being the one who has to deal with the consequences of that shady move.
    Some like national insurance data base they use when they run total loss on the vehicle. I don't quite know. But my insurance saw the same thing. But they came up with a difference value for the car but it doesn't matter much because their value still wasn't 140% above repair cost. i think Im stuck. I might have to go after the person that hit me since it was his fault he put me in this position.

  33. #33
    Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    14660
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5
    Location
    FL

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    They said since I am not there client they don't accept independent appraisals.
    Talk with your insurer about filing the claim with them, and then they can work on getting paid by the other party.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    Some like national insurance data base they use when they run total loss on the vehicle. I don't quite know. But my insurance saw the same thing. But they came up with a difference value for the car but it doesn't matter much because their value still wasn't 140% above repair cost. i think Im stuck. I might have to go after the person that hit me since it was his fault he put me in this position.
    I suggest you get familiar with your policy. See what your insurer can do to help you out. Find out what gov agency regulates the auto insurance business in your state and see if they have a number you can call for assistance. If you can be patient and don't need to get this settled right away you'll have a better chance at a more positive outcome.

    I think the $3600 that you were looking to receive initially is about right for a decent condition S4 with a rebuilt title.
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

  34. #34
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post
    Talk with your insurer about filing the claim with them, and then they can work on getting paid by the other party.



    I suggest you get familiar with your policy. See what your insurer can do to help you out. Find out what gov agency regulates the auto insurance business in your state and see if they have a number you can call for assistance. If you can be patient and don't need to get this settled right away you'll have a better chance at a more positive outcome.

    I think the $3600 that you were looking to receive initially is about right for a decent condition S4 with a rebuilt title.
    I talked to my company an we went over things what best was possible.
    The problem is the supplement. My insurance company would give me 1700 outright. For the first estimate. But if they went and did the supplement themselves they are bound by MD law that they have to total the car due to damage/value % of the car. But if i told them not to go do it and look at it. Then they wouldn't have to total the car. Since they never saw the supplement and not bound by MD law.

    But the guy's insurance company did an estimate also and came to 2200 and paid me that amount. But when the supplement came in for 3200 total 1K over what they gave me they did a "loss analysis" And found out that the car was 'salvaged" And came up with a value of 2300 for the car. If they did it in the first place they would of totaled and I still would of been mad and with less money. Now they want 700 back for buyback and i said "go pound sand, you will never get your money back since your guy didn't do his job correctly in the first place"

    My insurance guy told me to keep that money as well and thats their fault for not doing his job correctly. He told me if my insurance paid me out and it was more than buy back total value they would tell me to keep the money since it was there mistake and negligence for not doing their job properly. That seems to be the consensus I'm getting is to not give them any more or sign any paperwork from them so they can't touch the title of the car. I want to maintain that actual clean title just because its clean.

    The regulating board is the insurance board. They all use the same program and such for the most part.

    I just want the car as it was before the dude hit it. Im trying to scare the dude about court about getting 1k from him. But he's the total icon of the Millennial asshat. And has an attitude like crazy. His aunt had to apologize for him and when i talked to him he said he's not apologizing for anything. You can just tell from his demeanor he's an asshat and thinks he's the shi*

  35. #35
    Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2007
    AZ Member #
    14660
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5
    Location
    FL

    The initial estimate from an insurance company is low. Both companies probably use the same firm to provide them with the estimates, I imagine that if you request a copy of the estimate that each has you'll find they came from the same company. As I mentioned in the last post, I think even with a rebuilt title what they are offering you is low, somewhere around mid to high 3000 range is what I'd put the value at.

    Does Autocheck or Carfax show that the car has a clean title?
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

  36. #36
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    388602
    Location
    Morristown, NJ

    I think the problem is that you already accepted money from his insurance company. This constitutes a settlement of sorts. Are they dicking you on the supplement? Of course they are, but you've got a title issue regardless of whether they can prove it was salvaged or you can prove it never was.

    In the eyes of the insurance company, they've given you money, their responsibility in the situation has been upheld. Technically, the guy that hit you was represented by his insurance company, so any court of law is going to say that you accepted a settlement from him. There's really no way that you can sue him, so threatening him might make you feel better, but it's not going to get you any more money unless the guy is an idiot and pays when he isn't legally obligated to do so.

    Unfortunately, you've gone too far into it to force anyone's hand. Once there's money exchanged that's a settlement and you can't really go back. Your hand was weakened here by them finding out about the title discrepancy, which has made it appear as though they've given you more money than they should have, regardless of whether you think that's fair or not.

    Honestly, I know that a grand loss sucks, but I don't think you're ever going to see that money. You can keep fighting, and I probably would too, but I don't think there's any more money coming your way.

  37. #37
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by mbonder View Post
    I think the problem is that you already accepted money from his insurance company. This constitutes a settlement of sorts. Are they dicking you on the supplement? Of course they are, but you've got a title issue regardless of whether they can prove it was salvaged or you can prove it never was.

    In the eyes of the insurance company, they've given you money, their responsibility in the situation has been upheld. Technically, the guy that hit you was represented by his insurance company, so any court of law is going to say that you accepted a settlement from him. There's really no way that you can sue him, so threatening him might make you feel better, but it's not going to get you any more money unless the guy is an idiot and pays when he isn't legally obligated to do so.

    Unfortunately, you've gone too far into it to force anyone's hand. Once there's money exchanged that's a settlement and you can't really go back. Your hand was weakened here by them finding out about the title discrepancy, which has made it appear as though they've given you more money than they should have, regardless of whether you think that's fair or not.

    Honestly, I know that a grand loss sucks, but I don't think you're ever going to see that money. You can keep fighting, and I probably would too, but I don't think there's any more money coming your way.
    I am in agreance with you as well for the most part. But I didn't accept a settlement in sorts. I accepted money to fix it per the estimate. Then the body shop and i knew there was going to be a supplement. And thats when everything went sideways. But I will never sign any of the paperwork that the insurance company sends to brand the title I have. I never accepted the settlement of total loss.

    And yes they sure the same program/ company to check on the car. But they dicked me on car worth but that is all mute due to the nature of the repair cost and what the value of the car needs to be to come out right. The car has to be worth 4500 for them to fix it. The damage to value cannot be over 75% or its totable.

    If i can scare the guy into giving me money its good for me. But in all actuality its not that bad that I have to pay 1200. It was work i was going to have done eventually. Atleast the paint work to the car and the repair of the hood. Just comes at a bad time. I wanted to fix up all the issues and or items that need to be addressed first before cosmetics.

    It just sucks that I did nothing wrong and I have to be the one to eat it.

  38. #38
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    388602
    Location
    Morristown, NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    It just sucks that I did nothing wrong and I have to be the one to eat it.
    I know the feeling. I've been in a couple accidents that were completely not my fault, however because of the valuation of the car and the cost to repair the car I've ended up with a totaled vehicle and compensation that didn't necessarily make me whole at the end of it. Unfortunately, enthusiasts tend to value their cars differently than the insurance company does because we know exactly how difficult it would be to create the exact car again, insurance just thinks in numbers terms, which doesn't really take into account some of the inherent value of the car.

    The settlement you accepted was the money to fix the car. As soon as you took that money, you've accepted that value to repair the vehicle. That's with the other guy's insurance company. The title branding is another issue all together, which at this point I would ignore. To do that you'll have to accept that you're paying the difference to fix the car yourself. Which sucks as stated above, but I think it's the only way this is going to go.

    Get it fixed, you'll feel better when everything is back in one piece again!

  39. #39
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 06 explorer beater honda
    Location
    pasadena md
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by mbonder View Post
    I know the feeling. I've been in a couple accidents that were completely not my fault, however because of the valuation of the car and the cost to repair the car I've ended up with a totaled vehicle and compensation that didn't necessarily make me whole at the end of it. Unfortunately, enthusiasts tend to value their cars differently than the insurance company does because we know exactly how difficult it would be to create the exact car again, insurance just thinks in numbers terms, which doesn't really take into account some of the inherent value of the car.

    The settlement you accepted was the money to fix the car. As soon as you took that money, you've accepted that value to repair the vehicle. That's with the other guy's insurance company. The title branding is another issue all together, which at this point I would ignore. To do that you'll have to accept that you're paying the difference to fix the car yourself. Which sucks as stated above, but I think it's the only way this is going to go.

    Get it fixed, you'll feel better when everything is back in one piece again!
    Yea thats what i'm doing. Just suxs is all. I'm not that mad about it since it was planned. But I didn't want to pull the money and use it now. I was planning to do it next year. I need to do control arms and a few other tid bits before the cosmetic things.

    And whenever they ask me for the doc's they need to total the car I'll just be like I have no idea what your talking about.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.