Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 06 2015
    AZ Member #
    331368
    Location
    Minnesota

    Audi Approved Tuning

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    There's been talk from time to time about Audi coming out with their own "factory authorized" tune which would not void our warranties. Any truth to those rumors and if so, any sense for timing and offerings?
    2013 Estoril Blue S4 | DSG | Carbon Inlays | Sport Diff | B&O | Black Nappa | 3M Clear Bra | 50% tint | Deval Diffuser | Lamin-x tail light tint | AWE touring + res downpipes | Bilstein B12 pro kit | AWE intake

    2014 SQ5 (wife's ride)

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    At this time, there are no approved Audi authorized performance tunes available.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Senior Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    At this time, there are no approved Audi authorized performance tunes available.
    Why not be more mod friendly like BMW? There is so much aftermarket potential with all Audi's, why don't you market on that? You guys where doing good with what stasis, why not run a program like that again?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Plus we barely get any RS models over here, so it only makes sense for people to tune.
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

  4. #4
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    Why not be more mod friendly like BMW? There is so much aftermarket potential with all Audi's, why don't you market on that? You guys where doing good with what stasis, why not run a program like that again?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Plus we barely get any RS models over here, so it only makes sense for people to tune.
    Thanks for your feedback.

    At this time, these specific RS models are expected to be released. These date ranges are estimates and are subject to change.

    • 2017 Audi RS 3 – Summer 2017
    • Audi RS 5 – Confirmed for the U.S. market the first half of 2018
    • 2018 Audi RS 7 – Summer 2017
    • 2018 Audi TT RS – Summer 2017

    Official news about RS models can be found here: http://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/160. This press release shares a high level overview of the planned RS models.

    You may sign up for the latest Audi news here: https://www.audiusa.com/subscription. You may also follow @AudiNews on Twitter for exclusive Audi news.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  5. #5
    Senior Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

    At this time, these specific RS models are expected to be released. These date ranges are estimates and are subject to change.

    • 2017 Audi RS 3 – Summer 2017
    • Audi RS 5 – Confirmed for the U.S. market the first half of 2018
    • 2018 Audi RS 7 – Summer 2017
    • 2018 Audi TT RS – Summer 2017

    Official news about RS models can be found here: http://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/160. This press release shares a high level overview of the planned RS models.

    You may sign up for the latest Audi news here: https://www.audiusa.com/subscription. You may also follow @AudiNews on Twitter for exclusive Audi news.
    Already have
    RS7, and RS5.
    RS3 should be the hatch, no reason why you guys would bring that little Etron over and not an RS3 hatch.
    Will we be getting the RS5 sportback?
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings VVG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    26437
    Location
    West Springfield, MA
    Items for Sale

    I also want to know if the RS5 will be coming to the U.S. as a sportback
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings VVG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    26437
    Location
    West Springfield, MA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    At this time, there are no approved Audi authorized performance tunes available.
    Audi should really capitalize on this market. AMG and Porsche offer their power pack on certain cars, for example. Seriously, this would be a win-win for all involved. I am certain that people who are willing to spend $xxxx on an aftermarket tune, would gladly pay twice that amount for an OEM Audi ECU tune with a warranty. Plus, you could require that a certain maintenance schedule be followed, the work all be done at the dealer, etc. Kinda like the Akra exhaust for the RS7.....this could be expanded to a whole line of Audi Sport parts and products.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

  8. #8
    Senior Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York
    Items for Sale

    When will the S5 sport back hit dealers?
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Four Rings hyperunion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2012
    AZ Member #
    99842
    My Garage
    07 Xterra 4X4 , 02 20V Passat variant.
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    Why not be more mod friendly like BMW? There is so much aftermarket potential with all Audi's, why don't you market on that? You guys where doing good with what stasis, why not run a program like that again?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Plus we barely get any RS models over here, so it only makes sense for people to tune.
    Audi of America and dealerships were not doing good with stasis!.. hence stasis' demise.. it went down a steep rabbit hole ...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    B8.5 A4 Premium +, ZF8, APR Stg II+ E85, APR HFC Downpipe, APR Carbon Intake, APR Intercooler, APR T.M. Delete, AWE Quad Exaust, ECS turbo inlet hose, H&R coilovers , H&R F&R Sway Bars, Q5 4 Piston Brembo upgrade, ECS Slotted rotors and stainless lines, OZ Ultraleggeras, Piaa, 3M Crystalline, Xpel Ultimate. IG: "Veritech1"

    RIP: B6 A4 Sport, AWE GIAC rSK04, Bilstein PSS9, OZ SL.

  10. #10
    Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13 2004
    AZ Member #
    401
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

    At this time, these specific RS models are expected to be released. These date ranges are estimates and are subject to change.

    • 2017 Audi RS 3 – Summer 2017
    • Audi RS 5 – Confirmed for the U.S. market the first half of 2018
    • 2018 Audi RS 7 – Summer 2017
    • 2018 Audi TT RS – Summer 2017

    Official news about RS models can be found here: http://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/160. This press release shares a high level overview of the planned RS models.

    You may sign up for the latest Audi news here: https://www.audiusa.com/subscription. You may also follow @AudiNews on Twitter for exclusive Audi news.
    RS4 Avant or RS6 Avant please,
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

    2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

    Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=

  11. #11
    Senior Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperunion View Post
    Audi of America and dealerships were not doing good with stasis!.. hence stasis' demise.. it went down a steep rabbit hole ...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    They chose to small of a company to partner with.
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

  12. #12
    Established Member Three Rings Melen2120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04 2017
    AZ Member #
    392461
    Location
    Bronx NYC

    What about the rs6 I don't see why Audi doesn't offer all models in the USA


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  13. #13
    Established Member Two Rings didyouseethat83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    392720
    Location
    PA

    Are you guys forgetting that Audi Dealers used to sell and install APR tunes from their service shops?? "Audi tune" or not. The idea of getting more performance by going to your dealership for a tune sounds amazing. Audi listen to the people. This could be "HUGE"


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2012
    AZ Member #
    91253
    Location
    Earth

    The big problem is warranty coverage. Let's not forget about the B5 S4 fiasco with tunes and blopwn turbos being replaced under warranty. Combine that with dieselgate and it's understandable why Audi wants to minimize costs; nevermind the complexity, hassle, and customer service issues with dealing with warranty claims on 3rd party products.

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Four Rings VVG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    26437
    Location
    West Springfield, MA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Melen2120 View Post
    What about the rs6 I don't see why Audi doesn't offer all models in the USA


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    There isn't enough of a market for high performance wagons. BMW offered an M5 wagon in the E60 series. That didn't come to the U.S. either. I think the bigger issue that Audi should work on is the predictability of their performance model line in the U.S.

    What I mean by this, is that I always know that there will be a Mercedes C, E, S-class AMG sedan, for instance. I always know there will an M3, 4, 5, 6. I also know these variants will be available for sale in the U.S. one year after the garden variety versions of the model line. With Audi, you simply don't know what RS model is coming, when it is coming, and if it will make it to the U.S.

    Case in point: I sold my B7 RS4 in 8/2010, because I heard the RS5 was coming as a 2011 model. It never actually showed up until 2 years later even though it had already been out in Europe since like 2009. I ended up buying an M3.

    Why is this so hard for Audi? What are the issues with keeping a consistent S/RS presence in the U.S. ? I am looking to replace my S6 in the next year or two. What will be my choices? It would be great if I knew, so I didn't just go out and buy the next AWD M5, or something like that.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

  16. #16
    Senior Member Four Rings jokingjimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 20 2014
    AZ Member #
    289804
    My Garage
    2013 A5
    Location
    Florida, US

    When you say RS5, did you mean Coupé only or does that include the RS5 fastback? If it does include the fastback version, what is the schedule for that? When you post official information it helps to include all relevant information to help avoid additional questions and response requirements. Just saying...

    Since no RS4 is mentioned (which is really terrible), and that is my niche, RS5 fastback might work, although it'll probably be a few thousand more than an RS4 would be. I would prefer Avant, but Sedan would interest me, assuming no Avant. There are more than a few of us in this niche, btw.


    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Everything graciously mispelled by Android

    2014 S4 Prestige | Nogaro Blue Pearl | 6MT + Sports Diff | B&O | Black/Nogaro Blue Alcantaera | Stuff* | 3M Crystalline
    2013 A5 Premium Plus | Moonlight Blue Metallic | 3M Crystalline

  17. #17
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    At this time, there are no plans to release an Audi RS 5 Sportback, RS 4 Avant, or RS 6 Avant in our model line-up.

    The 2018 Audi S5 Sportback will be released during Spring. I would recommend engaging your local Audi dealer for more information on when the vehicle will be available in showrooms.
    Last edited by Audi USA; 04-24-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  18. #18
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by jokingjimmy View Post
    When you say RS5, did you mean Coupé only or does that include the RS5 fastback? If it does include the fastback version, what is the schedule for that? When you post official information it helps to include all relevant information to help avoid additional questions and response requirements. Just saying...

    Since no RS4 is mentioned (which is really terrible), and that is my niche, RS5 fastback might work, although it'll probably be a few thousand more than an RS4 would be. I would prefer Avant, but Sedan would interest me, assuming no Avant. There are more than a few of us in this niche, btw.


    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

    Thanks for the feedback. The 2018 Audi RS 5 Coupe will be released.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  19. #19
    Veteran Member Three Rings Kevin2772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17 2008
    AZ Member #
    27807
    Location
    Cincinnati

    This is something that is so needed. BMW has Dinan that is fully warrantied. And Mercedes has Renntech. It all costs a small fortune to be fully warrantied, but Audi could make a killing partnering with APR or any of the other tuners, marking it up, and selling it with a warranty. My last A4 really came alive with the APR tune. But iw as too scared to do it on my B8.....
    13 A4 2.0T 6MT Premium Plus
    08 A4 2.0T 6MT S-Line Ti.Pkg / APR 93oct. Tune / Forge DV (gone)

  20. #20
    Senior Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    At this time, there are no plans to release an Audi RS 5 Sportback, RS 4 Avant, or RS 6 Avant in our model line-up.

    The 2018 Audi S5 Sportback will be released during Spring. I would recommend engaging your local Audi dealer when the vehicle will be available in showrooms.
    You guys make 0 sense, you'll let us have an RS7 ( Limited market ) but not an RS5 sport back, that more people can afford? and when you say spring, spring 2017? or 2018?
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

  21. #21
    Veteran Member Four Rings VVG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    26437
    Location
    West Springfield, MA
    Items for Sale

    I think one of the issues for Audi is that some of the high performance cars haven't sold as well as one might have thought. At the end of their model run, both the B7 RS4 and C5 RS6 were selling poorly for instance. But when you look at AMG and BMW M, they have maintained a consistent presence in the market. This is what Audi needs to do. Build an RS line, make it consistent, and sell it consistently in the U.S. That's how a loyal following will be built, and that's how these cars will sell. There should always be an RS4 sedan and RS5 coupe to compete with the M3 and M4. There should always be an RS6 sedan and RS7 to compete with the M5 and M6.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

  22. #22
    Senior Member Four Rings jokingjimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 20 2014
    AZ Member #
    289804
    My Garage
    2013 A5
    Location
    Florida, US

    Most people who by the M3 are "that guy" who won't consider an Audi even if it did outperform the M3/4, because they want the aggressive look the M Series gives, and the loose rear end.

    In the end it stinks for people like me, who are perfectly fit to get an RS4/RS5 SB. Like I said, looks like I'll have to keep my car for quite a few years. At least that'll make my wife happy to hear lol

    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Everything graciously mispelled by Android

    2014 S4 Prestige | Nogaro Blue Pearl | 6MT + Sports Diff | B&O | Black/Nogaro Blue Alcantaera | Stuff* | 3M Crystalline
    2013 A5 Premium Plus | Moonlight Blue Metallic | 3M Crystalline

  23. #23
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2012
    AZ Member #
    91253
    Location
    Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    At this time, there are no plans to release an Audi RS 5 Sportback... in our model line-up.

  24. #24
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    You guys make 0 sense, you'll let us have an RS7 ( Limited market ) but not an RS5 sport back, that more people can afford? and when you say spring, spring 2017? or 2018?
    Thanks for your feedback. Spring 2017.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  25. #25
    Veteran Member Four Rings VVG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    26437
    Location
    West Springfield, MA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

    At this time, these specific RS models are expected to be released. These date ranges are estimates and are subject to change.

    • 2017 Audi RS 3 – Summer 2017
    • Audi RS 5 – Confirmed for the U.S. market the first half of 2018
    • 2018 Audi RS 7 – Summer 2017
    • 2018 Audi TT RS – Summer 2017

    Official news about RS models can be found here: http://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/160. This press release shares a high level overview of the planned RS models.

    You may sign up for the latest Audi news here: https://www.audiusa.com/subscription. You may also follow @AudiNews on Twitter for exclusive Audi news.
    Hi Mike,

    So the link on Audi Sport states that 8 RS new models will be released in the next 24 months. 4 are described....R8 Spyder, RS3, TTRS, RS5. Is there anything you can tell us about the other 4?
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

  26. #26
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by VVG View Post
    Hi Mike,

    So the link on Audi Sport states that 8 RS new models will be released in the next 24 months. 4 are described....R8 Spyder, RS3, TTRS, RS5. Is there anything you can tell us about the other 4?

    At this time, there is no information available on the additional RS models. Stay tuned!
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Three Rings Kevin2772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17 2008
    AZ Member #
    27807
    Location
    Cincinnati

    Quote Originally Posted by VVG View Post
    I think one of the issues for Audi is that some of the high performance cars haven't sold as well as one might have thought. At the end of their model run, both the B7 RS4 and C5 RS6 were selling poorly for instance. But when you look at AMG and BMW M, they have maintained a consistent presence in the market. This is what Audi needs to do. Build an RS line, make it consistent, and sell it consistently in the U.S. That's how a loyal following will be built, and that's how these cars will sell. There should always be an RS4 sedan and RS5 coupe to compete with the M3 and M4. There should always be an RS6 sedan and RS7 to compete with the M5 and M6.
    I think you also have to consider when the end cycle of those cars were. Especially the B7 RS4. That was an economy crash. When the market goes down, high performance cars don't sell. I know its not apples to apples, but consider the Lambo Murci SV. They could barely produce and sell half of them then planned. NOw the Aventador SV's are flying off the shelves (relatively speaking). Economies greatly affect the performance vehicle range.
    13 A4 2.0T 6MT Premium Plus
    08 A4 2.0T 6MT S-Line Ti.Pkg / APR 93oct. Tune / Forge DV (gone)

  28. #28
    Veteran Member Four Rings VVG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    26437
    Location
    West Springfield, MA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2772 View Post
    I think you also have to consider when the end cycle of those cars were. Especially the B7 RS4. That was an economy crash. When the market goes down, high performance cars don't sell. I know its not apples to apples, but consider the Lambo Murci SV. They could barely produce and sell half of them then planned. NOw the Aventador SV's are flying off the shelves (relatively speaking). Economies greatly affect the performance vehicle range.
    Agree completely. I do recall specifically the market crash during the B7 RS4 run.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

  29. #29
    Veteran Member Three Rings Jacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05 2009
    AZ Member #
    37112
    My Garage
    B8 A4 6MT P+
    Location
    Ft Worth, TX
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    You guys make 0 sense, you'll let us have an RS7 ( Limited market ) but not an RS5 sport back, that more people can afford? and when you say spring, spring 2017? or 2018?
    Auto manufactures are over-saturated in their line ups today. This is the result of marketing and manufactures competing for market share over the last 20 years. The downside is that they have to worry about cannibalization of their own model line-ups so they research and compare the risk of losing market share to the cost of introducing a US RS5 for example. Typically the higher priced, faster car wins out because they can leverage it's allure to bolster the brand's image of a car company "that makes bad-ass cars". Remember how they used the R8 during the Superbowl commercial a few years ago? It wasn't about advertising the R8 as much as it was about advertising the "Audi brand". If you had your pick, would you take the RS5 or RS7? I know which one I'd lust after. It's about lust and not what you can afford.

    This is a give and take. Audi has too many RS models and that haven't quite figured out what works and what doesn't with the US consumer. We're too fickle...
    My current rides...
    Audi
    Jetta

  30. #30
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 25 2014
    AZ Member #
    149195
    Location
    windsor, ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2772 View Post
    This is something that is so needed. BMW has Dinan that is fully warrantied. And Mercedes has Renntech. It all costs a small fortune to be fully warrantied, but Audi could make a killing partnering with APR or any of the other tuners, marking it up, and selling it with a warranty. My last A4 really came alive with the APR tune. But iw as too scared to do it on my B8.....
    now that Dinan has entered our world that is the VAG community , perhaps it smart for them to connect with Audi North America and see if they can partner with them like they do on the BMW front?. I mean, Stasis really took the Audi dealers for a ride and left a lot of dealers holding the bag from what I remember, so I could understand and apprehension Audi would have to go down that road again.. BUT, if we're talking about a company like Dinan, who has had a relationship with BMW for many many years and their warranty is 2nd to none, plus them coming into the Audi/VW market, maybe Audi should take notice... I would think something could be done there if the smart minds aligned themselves?

  31. #31
    Veteran Member Three Rings Kevin2772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17 2008
    AZ Member #
    27807
    Location
    Cincinnati

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
    now that Dinan has entered our world that is the VAG community , perhaps it smart for them to connect with Audi North America and see if they can partner with them like they do on the BMW front?. I mean, Stasis really took the Audi dealers for a ride and left a lot of dealers holding the bag from what I remember, so I could understand and apprehension Audi would have to go down that road again.. BUT, if we're talking about a company like Dinan, who has had a relationship with BMW for many many years and their warranty is 2nd to none, plus them coming into the Audi/VW market, maybe Audi should take notice... I would think something could be done there if the smart minds aligned themselves?
    Could not agree with you more. I know there are parts on these smaller engines (the 2.0T's) that are prone to failure when the engine is boosted a little. So just sell them upgrades as part of a complete package. Its nothing more then a money maker for Audi to mark up someone elses products and corner the market. Dinan obviously has done well with their products, and they aren't even just sold in the dealerships.
    13 A4 2.0T 6MT Premium Plus
    08 A4 2.0T 6MT S-Line Ti.Pkg / APR 93oct. Tune / Forge DV (gone)

  32. #32
    Veteran Member Four Rings VVG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2008
    AZ Member #
    26437
    Location
    West Springfield, MA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacon View Post
    Auto manufactures are over-saturated in their line ups today. This is the result of marketing and manufactures competing for market share over the last 20 years. The downside is that they have to worry about cannibalization of their own model line-ups so they research and compare the risk of losing market share to the cost of introducing a US RS5 for example. Typically the higher priced, faster car wins out because they can leverage it's allure to bolster the brand's image of a car company "that makes bad-ass cars". Remember how they used the R8 during the Superbowl commercial a few years ago? It wasn't about advertising the R8 as much as it was about advertising the "Audi brand". If you had your pick, would you take the RS5 or RS7? I know which one I'd lust after. It's about lust and not what you can afford.

    This is a give and take. Audi has too many RS models and that haven't quite figured out what works and what doesn't with the US consumer. We're too fickle...
    They have less RS models than BMW has M or Mercedes has AMG. As far as what sells, Audi needs to allow these cars to build up a heritage and reputation like BMW has done with their M cars, and Mercedes with at least their C, E, and S class AMG cars. They keep changing their RS line up and configurations too frequently, and lose customers in that niche as a result.

    Personally, I think there should ALWAYS be an RS4 sedan, RS5 coupe, and RS6 sedan in production for the U.S. market. These are the meat of the Audi line-up and the maximum performance variants will sell. But they need to stay in the market consistently so people don't wander off to AMG, M, even Cadillac V.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

  33. #33
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 13 2016
    AZ Member #
    376273
    My Garage
    2017 ZL1
    Location
    Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
    now that Dinan has entered our world that is the VAG community , perhaps it smart for them to connect with Audi North America and see if they can partner with them like they do on the BMW front?. I mean, Stasis really took the Audi dealers for a ride and left a lot of dealers holding the bag from what I remember, so I could understand and apprehension Audi would have to go down that road again.. BUT, if we're talking about a company like Dinan, who has had a relationship with BMW for many many years and their warranty is 2nd to none, plus them coming into the Audi/VW market, maybe Audi should take notice... I would think something could be done there if the smart minds aligned themselves?
    BMW does not really have a relationship with Dinan. If a Dinan product causes issues with the powertrain, Dinan pays for any damages, not BMW. Big difference.

  34. #34
    Veteran Member Four Rings Slow4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 02 2007
    AZ Member #
    23048
    My Garage
    '14 Bolt R-Spec
    Location
    ...locating....
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacon View Post
    The downside is that they have to worry about cannibalization of their own model line-ups so they research and compare the risk of losing market share to the cost of introducing a US RS5 for example.
    How would the RS5 SB eat into the RS7 market?

    One is a V6TT "Sportback" that is equivalent to an RS4 Avant that will NEVER come stateside (let's be honest). The other is a V8TT "Sportback" that costs roughly 40K more and offers a little more "luxury" than its little sister.

    Audi understands that if you have the money, you can get anything within the line up....but if you're not that fortunate to afford an RS7 but you CAN afford an RS5 SB, then why wouldn't you go for it? Why settle for an S5 SB?

    Obviously there IS demand for an RS5 SB and there are people CAPABLE of obtaining it. Audi also understand that America is a market of "options"....so why not offer ALL the options?


    Sent from Hillary's Email Server via Trump's VPN
    2001 B5 S4 | 2005 B6 S4 AVANT | 2013 Allroad P+
    Click Here
    ---
    "I filled her with my spam" - IBM's Watson on Trolling Savagery

  35. #35
    Established Member Two Rings zoomzoom!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28 2016
    AZ Member #
    373944
    My Garage
    2013 A6 3.0T (self) 2015 Q5 3.0T (Wife)
    Location
    Richmond, VA

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. The 2018 Audi RS 5 Coupe will be released.
    Thanks Mike. I've seen no reference to an RS5 cabrio in the US....is that intentionally vague?
    __________________
    Richmond, VA
    2013 A6 3.0T

  36. #36
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom! View Post
    Thanks Mike. I've seen no reference to an RS5 cabrio in the US....is that intentionally vague?
    At this time, there are no plans to release an Audi RS 5 Cabriolet. I will share your interest in this model with the appropriate parties within Audi of America.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  37. #37
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 25 2014
    AZ Member #
    149195
    Location
    windsor, ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
    BMW does not really have a relationship with Dinan. If a Dinan product causes issues with the powertrain, Dinan pays for any damages, not BMW. Big difference.
    this is TRUE, But they do have a relationship with BMW. Any other companies "allowed" to sell their products thru BMW dealerships other than Dinan?. NO. Any other company in the performance aftermarket invited to the BMW suppliers only trade show other than Dinan, No...Its the Warranty that Dinan has which is 2nd to none and this is why BMW knows and understands should one of Dinan's products cause an issue to a BMW customer who has their products installed, BMW knows that Dinan will step up to the plate and take care of the customer. That in itself is the definition of a relationship

  38. #38
    Established Member Three Rings Batman0424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2015
    AZ Member #
    365686
    My Garage
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport
    Location
    Hopewell, NJ

    It is unfortunate that there is a bit of a void within the Audi lineup. While the S line-up does a great job of slotting itself between the standard competitor models and their performance models, for those of us that would like a bit more, we aren't left with many options.

    Maybe we are the small niche within the market and sales would not be high enough to support more RS models, but our only option is to mod / tune, which creates some warranty issues or jump over to the M or AMG world.

    I really do love Audi and would love to jump into an RS in a couple years, but NONE of the current offerings work; RS3 is a but too small, RS5 only has 4 seats (we are a family of 5), RS7 only 4 seats and for the price I would rather find a used R8.

    So, what am I left with here? Move over the an M3/4 or tune an S4/5. Since, as I said, I do love Audi, I will likely keep my B8.5 S4, which keep me in an Audi, but it also keeps me from spending more money with Audi.
    2015 Audi S4 | DSG | Florett Silver | Black Leather / Alcantara | B&O
    Mods: EPL Dual Pulley Ratio 3.139 + TCU | APR CPS | AWE Touring Exhaust | ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake | TSW Bathhurst GM 19x9.5 | H&R OE | Bilstein Dampers | CR-15 Strut Tower Brace | 034 Motorsport Rear Sway & Drivetrain Mounts

  39. #39
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 06 2015
    AZ Member #
    331368
    Location
    Minnesota

    For me it's really a matter of Audi just doing "something" as opposed to nothing when it comes to tuning/performance upgrades that don't void your warranty. I'd even be happy with something like BMW does with their factory approved offerings such as the power performance kit (mild ECU tune), performance exhaust, performance suspension/coilovers, etc. I used to own a 335i and at least had the ability to do even a few modest upgrades to performance and appearance without warranty worries. My frustration is the B8/8.5 engine has so much more potential that can/should be safely accessed (even if it's half of what the aftermarket tuners offer) and other mods (suspension, intake, etc.) are so popular and really should be able to be done with little to no detriment to the car. So many of these Audi aftermarket mods have been out in the market for years and any negative results are pretty well understood and for sure well documented. It would seem that it's not a giant leap for Audi to adapt that information to something they could offer for those of us who want to make a great product even better while not screwing with our warranties.
    2013 Estoril Blue S4 | DSG | Carbon Inlays | Sport Diff | B&O | Black Nappa | 3M Clear Bra | 50% tint | Deval Diffuser | Lamin-x tail light tint | AWE touring + res downpipes | Bilstein B12 pro kit | AWE intake

    2014 SQ5 (wife's ride)

  40. #40
    Established Member Two Rings zoomzoom!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28 2016
    AZ Member #
    373944
    My Garage
    2013 A6 3.0T (self) 2015 Q5 3.0T (Wife)
    Location
    Richmond, VA

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    At this time, there are no plans to release an Audi RS 5 Cabriolet. I will share your interest in this model with the appropriate parties within Audi of America.
    Thanks for the response...I kinda figured that would be the case after I heard/saw reports of lackluster sales. This helps make the decision to pick up a Boxster GTS....at least I'm staying in the family.

    I swear its a conspiracy against me lol!

    * I want a TT RS Roadster...can't have one.
    * I would then want a RS5 cabrio....can't have one
    * I would even entertain a RS3 hatch....nope, can't have one
    * Want an S or RS Avant? Nerp...not gonna happen
    * I love my A6....how about an RS6? Uh uhh.

    Not kidding....this list above is seriously my list of cars I want. So frustrating.
    __________________
    Richmond, VA
    2013 A6 3.0T

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.