Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Audi Brooklyn

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi Brooklyn

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    This is one of the worse dealerships in the Tristate Area.
    2012 Audi A6 3.0T
    Steve Bylis the Servicing Director is there to take money and not to fix cars nor provide a pleasant customer experience.
    Richard Goulian the General Manager did not provide any assistance after speaking with him.

My car needed $200 worth of sensors to correct a P0087 code. The dealership tried to tell me I had to buy a brand new ECU at the note of $3300 plus tax and installation for them to confirm the code.
    The dealership had my car for 2 weeks and never attempted to recreate the symptoms of the code (even after I provided all scenarios in which would cause the car to perform adversely.)

After I told him that the car runs fine until it gets well hot (on for an hour) then I get fuel cut. Steve said I need to change my PCV valve and crank shaft breather for the cost of $1800 and would not guarantee that it would fix the job. (Obviously because it's not related to my issue.) He said that is what the TSB said to do. I asked him to provide a copy of the TSB he lied and said he would send it to me.

This isn't my first Audi and I am very familiar with cars. As you can see I am a part of a large community so I do my research. I told him can they just address the components associated with the code; I would even sign off the waiver of holding them accountable. Steve said he is making an executive decision to not have his staff work on my car and I will still have to pay for a diagnostic fee, even though they never replicated my problem because they didn't try. They didn't get me to agree to pay for parts and services not related to my issue.

I went online and googled the code and bought two OEM sensors from one of Audizine authorized vendors. I got the parts installed. And problem was solved. However I was out of a car for 2 weeks; although I was promised a loaner after a week went by. Communication from the service advisor was slow and uninformative. Speaking with the General Manager Richard Goulian was just as futile.

I am the biggest supporter for Audi. I no longer recommend Audi to my family and friends as they are not car enthusiasts and probably won't be willing to drive into the city , jersey or long island to servie their car. I won't let any one of my family or friends take their car there.

Check any car dealer site their ratings are the pits.

My father has an A6 and my friend has an S6 (both because of my recommendation and they liked the vehicle.) However I will not allow either to take their cars to Audi Brooklyn unless an absolute emergency (like end of days.)

Also I'm not sure if this is protocol but Steve sends lending emails prior to the surveys telling customers to rate their experience as a 10. (Customers don't need that pressure.) If you perform good work and provide exceptional service customers will be inclined to rate their experience as a 10.
    Shady practices all around.

I'm mad that I had to pay for Audi of Brooklyn to hold my car hostage for 2 weeks for $200 in parts; after multiple misdiagnosis that was accompanied by no guarantees.

Horrible experience. They should be investigated. Along with their purchased reviews. No real person in real life had a good thing to say about them.

Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I am sorry to learn of your concerns and overall experience with Audi Brooklyn. I would like to discuss your concerns further. Please send me a private message with your contact info and VIN.
    Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I had the same experience with them except I was trying to do a European Delivery of an S4 a couple years ago. The experience was so bad that I had to email Audi Corporate and all they said was the GM is sorry. Never setting foot in there ever again.

Senior Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Items for Sale

I've heard about Audi BK sucking, its just a know fact. Not saying my dealer is much better I'd tell you about my dealer but I'm no snitch.
    VONN
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2011 LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by s4hype View Post
    I had the same experience with them except I was trying to do a European Delivery of an S4 a couple years ago. The experience was so bad that I had to email Audi Corporate and all they said was the GM is sorry. Never setting foot in there ever again.
    Good morning, I am sorry to learn of your experience with Audi Brooklyn. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please send me a PM with your full name, contact info, and VIN.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    I've heard about Audi BK sucking, its just a know fact. Not saying my dealer is much better I'd tell you about my dealer but I'm no snitch.
    I am sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss your experience with your Audi dealer - please send me a PM with your full name, contact info, and VIN.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    I am sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss your experience with your Audi dealer - please send me a PM with your full name, contact info, and VIN.
    I'm so close to messaging but I think its gonna be hella awkward when I go there...
    VONN
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2011 LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

AZ Member #

I'm so close to messaging but I think its gonna be hella awkward when I go there...
    I certainly don't want to make things uncomfortable for you and your dealership, but I'd like to discuss your concerns and experience to determine if there may be opportunities for us to improve our service to our customers.

Senior Member Four Rings bakedziti's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '77 MGB Roadster
    Items for Sale

I certainly don't want to make things uncomfortable for you and your dealership, but I'd like to discuss your concerns and experience to determine if there may be opportunities for us to improve our service to our customers.
    While you're at it, and short of making another thread; pop over to the other side of the state, where your only Audi dealer, Schmitt's, is literally useless. They couldn't care any less about their customers, nor could they be any less knowledgeable than they presently are. Appointment coordinators who can't answer questions, and refuse to ask techs, but are more than happy to book you for 2 hours to see if the tech will take a look at it, but you'll have to come back to get the service done. Sorry, but booking 2 hours of their time is non-sense for something that will take less than 15 minutes, but then the guy hung up.....Truth in Service
    2011 A4 P+ Quartz Grey; Black Sport Package; 6MT; MMi; B&O; GIAC (stage); EC HFC; Stasis
    the egyptian prescription

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bakedziti View Post
    While you're at it, and short of making another thread; pop over to the other side of the state, where your only Audi dealer, Schmitt's, is literally useless. They couldn't care any less about their customers, nor could they be any less knowledgeable than they presently are. Appointment coordinators who can't answer questions, and refuse to ask techs, but are more than happy to book you for 2 hours to see if the tech will take a look at it, but you'll have to come back to get the service done. Sorry, but booking 2 hours of their time is non-sense for something that will take less than 15 minutes, but then the guy hung up.....Truth in Service
    Good morning, I am sorry to learn of your experience with Schmitt’s Audi. I’d like to discuss your experience further. Please send me a private message with your contact info and VIN.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I will be a snitch. They took my hard earned money and held my car hostage for 2 whole weeks.
    At least I have something documented in hopes that management can change or they close the dealership. Lol, both are highly unlikely but I am not going quietly. Matter of Fact I have to dig into my emails for receipts.
    '12 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige - 187/57 DP EPL
    '06 Audi A6 3.2 Prestige - Sold
    '00 VW Jetta VR6 - Donated
    '98 Audi A4 Stage 3 - Gone

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

If my dealer doesn't let me bring the car back in when I want to, I'm PMing you, because this dealer is pissing me off, everyone I tell my situation to agrees with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPONGE View Post
    I will be a snitch. They took my hard earned money and held my car hostage for 2 whole weeks.
    At least I have something documented in hopes that management can change or they close the dealership. Lol, both are highly unlikely but I am not going quietly. Matter of Fact I have to dig into my emails for receipts.
    LOL it was joke, like these dealers. I understand your pain...
    VONN
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5