Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Site Moderator Four Rings OverSpun's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    F21L A4TQMS Avant | German Shepherd
    Items for Sale

First and foremost: Reason of the lack of manual transmissions and avant options?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Speaking for myself, I became very interested in Audi before my first purchase after watching a lot of Group B rally racing, specifically Walter Rohrl because he makes driving/racing as an art.

I have only owned manual cars in my life and I am not interested in automatic cars due to the lack of driving excitement. I like to say that "I do not know how to drive automatic cars".

I am very well aware that Audi currently only offers the B9 A4 and A5 in manual but all of the Sport models are not offered in manual (S3, RS3,S4, S5, RS5, R8, TT, TTRS). Did enthusiasts become lazy or is it the manufacturers these days? Or lost their background and racing history?

Needless to say, it has been obvious that the USA has been holding the short straw for too many years without seeing proper Avants on our side unless the cars are expensively federalized and imported.

Here's an example of a C5 RS6 in the USA on my driveway from nearly 10 years back:

Save the manuals and avants!
    Nick - Moderator | PM Questions or Comments

Current: '01 A4 TQMS Avant: GIAC | RaceTec FMIC | Frankenturbo | Milltek | PSS9s | 034 | Forge | V&S | Sportec | OEM+ | etc...
    Prev: '03 996 GT2 | '08 E92 335i | '05 A4 TQM USP | '01 A4 TQMS

B5 Parts For Sale

Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I appreciate your passion for Avants and Manuals. Thanks for sharing that cool video of Walter Rohrl racing and a picture of your RS 6. Audi of America is always looking for opportunities to bring additional models to the U.S. market, including Avants and Manuals.
    Last edited by Audi USA; 04-19-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    Mike
    Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member Two Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    I appreciate your passion for Avants and Manuals. Thanks for sharing that cool video of Walter Rohrl racing and a picture of your RS 6. Audi of America always looking for opportunities to bring additional models to the U.S. market, including Avants and Manuals.
    Bring back the Avant!

Site Moderator Four Rings OverSpun's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    F21L A4TQMS Avant | German Shepherd
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    I appreciate your passion for Avants and Manuals. Thanks for sharing that cool video of Walter Rohrl racing and a picture of your RS 6. Audi of America always looking for opportunities to bring additional models to the U.S. market, including Avants and Manuals.
    Thank you for your response, Mike. I am definitely looking forward to new Avants and manuals in the U.S..
    Nick - Moderator | PM Questions or Comments

Current: '01 A4 TQMS Avant: GIAC | RaceTec FMIC | Frankenturbo | Milltek | PSS9s | 034 | Forge | V&S | Sportec | OEM+ | etc...
    Prev: '03 996 GT2 | '08 E92 335i | '05 A4 TQM USP | '01 A4 TQMS

B5 Parts For Sale

Veteran Member Four Rings D's Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 BMW 330i

We want more Avant options please!

Drove a B5 Avant manual for 14 years and moved to bigger C6 Avant at almost 8 years now. Will want another one over the next few years.

I've looked at the MB E estates and just can't do that. Q7 is not my thing.
    Current '08 A6 Avant S-Line
    Former '99 A4 Avant 1.8t

Established Member Two Rings redcon1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '99.5 GTI VR6, '13 Touareg Sport V6/FSI

My 2008 A4 Avant S-line is ready to trade. Sadly, I will not be looking at any of Audi USA's current offerings as a replacement. The Allroad, nice for what it is, is not a proper substitute for a sporting wagon.
    Dave
    2008 A4 Avant S-line/TI
    2013 Touareg Sport V6 FSI

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Old Kaws

Just had an interesting morning. Getting tires changed on my B5 S4, so I test drove a new Golf R and Focus RS. Honestly I don't think either will get me out of the S4 Avant.