Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: S4 vs C450 AMG

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

S4 vs C450 AMG

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubjetta02 View Post
    I'm an Audi, VW, Porsche guy through and through.... but I really do want the new C450 AMG. The exhaust sound is pretty sexy in itself, a tune and it would be a pretty damn fun car... I never got into the B8, B8.5 S4's because they felt dull to me and I know they did to a lot of other people as well. As I see more and more b8 s4 owners in the RS4 forum, E90 forum and Porsche forum. I am afraid the B9 may end up that way as well.

The B8 S4/S5 with mods and stock supercharger runs high 10's im assuming ur opinion of dull is appearance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    German Clunker and a British Clunker

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 B8 S4, 2014 Audi Q5 TDI, 2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRacer100 View Post
    I briefly did a build on a 2017 C43 and a 2018 S4. The C43 is more expensive than a 2018 S4. Why people want to pay more for a C43 over a S4. Both cars are equally nice in terms of the look and performance.
    Maybe equal but certainly different. I found my elbows hitting up the seat bolster on hard cornering in the C43 and the throttle tip in was very abrupt in Sport+ but I think I could adjust to those issues. The sound is lovely even without the sport exhaust, the suspension is compliant without being mushy and the motor pulls like a mofo with lots of help from the transmission that seemed a bit more awake than the S4. The S4 is refined but feels more removed from the action. Roll-on testing evinced some turbo lag and reluctance of the transmission to kick down. The steering is a bit quicker than my B8 but still has a dead zone just off center. I don't know if the dynamic steering option would help.

So it's apples and oranges for these two very good cars but definitely not apples and apples.

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I drove a c43 amg that a I friend had purchased. It was a nice drive sporty sedan, the difference for me was the tech inside Audi. That and the fact the she might think I was copying her so I didn't want to get the same ride. Overall I think either choice you cannot go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Three Rings VipinLJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Twowheelsgood View Post
    Maybe equal but certainly different. I found my elbows hitting up the seat bolster on hard cornering in the C43 and the throttle tip in was very abrupt in Sport+ but I think I could adjust to those issues. The sound is lovely even without the sport exhaust, the suspension is compliant without being mushy and the motor pulls like a mofo with lots of help from the transmission that seemed a bit more awake than the S4. The S4 is refined but feels more removed from the action. Roll-on testing evinced some turbo lag and reluctance of the transmission to kick down. The steering is a bit quicker than my B8 but still has a dead zone just off center. I don't know if the dynamic steering option would help.

So it's apples and oranges for these two very good cars but definitely not apples and apples.
    I agree with everything you said :)
    2017 Audi A7 Prestige - Glacier white/Black/Achat gray birch, Driver Assistance pack, Sport pack, 20" Black Optic pack, Cold weather pack

2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Moonlight blue/Nougat brown/gray oak, Tech pack, Cold weather pack

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

2013 Audi A6 Prestige - Oolong Gray/Gray/Aluminium, DAP, 20" Sport pack, Cold weather pack, Warm weather pack --- SOLD

Veteran Member Four Rings sean1.8t's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    I wish I had a garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Twowheelsgood View Post
    So comparing two base model German sedans in sport trim with ~350hp turbocharged V6's that start at an MSRP of ~$50k is "apple to oranges"?

Lol, if these aren't apples to apples, then I don't know what would be
    Current:
    2016 Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG: OE-Tuning stg2 tune w/ Weistec DPs - 450hp/530tq Winter mode (Blizzak WS80s/Thule Force cargo box)
    1988 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200: Ported & Cam'd w/ Screamin' Eagle exhaust.

Previous:
    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM: Full GT28RS on meth w/everything else.
    2001.5 Audi A4 1.8TQMS: Tune and exhaust.
    1999 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon Manual: Bone stock.
    Nothing else worth mentioning.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 B8 S4, 2014 Audi Q5 TDI, 2013 BMW S1000RR

it's a bit like the differences between the 4-cylinder liter bikes from Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and BMW. On paper, they're remarkably similar, owing to convergent evolution in engineering. In the saddle they're remarkably different from one another.