Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings derek2079's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does anyone own or have owned a honda element? Thoughts?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've been looking for a good solid reliable daily and road trip vehicle. Found an 07 sc model with 155k miles near me. Now that I'm 35 I have a more practical approach to car's. I really do like them when I see one around town. I've never been for a ride in one. I can always spend more and get one with lower milage but in my mind I'm thinking to myself that it's a honda so it should hold up pretty well.

If anyone has some thoughts on them please share.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1983 BMW 320iS

Buy it. My buddy had one and we thrashed the crap out of it for 20k miles (jumping it at 90mph, incorrectly-executed handbrake turns in the middle of the road for no reason, removal of glovebox by towstrap and truck, etc.) and the thing ran like a clock. Runs out of gas quickly because it has such a small tank and because it's heavy it doesn't get Civic mileage, but it's not too bad honestly. It will probably last until the end of time and then some; as far as I recall, he never really had a problem with it. It's a very fun car if you're adventurous, it has a sunroof that actually comes out so that's cool, and if you fold the rear seats down (or remove them) you've got a significant amount of room to go camping for awhile. We slept in it once camping and it wasn't too bad actually. Stereo is not fantastic (name a Honda stereo that is) but it does the job pretty well for being 4 speakers and an 8" sub. Pretty reliable, pretty fun, pretty fuel efficient if you don't thrash the bejeezus out of it, and pretty cool inside for what it is. The lower mileage you can get the better though, it may be a Honda but at that kind of mileage if it's been thrashed it's gonna need significant work done to it (though parts and service aren't too bad honestly.)

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings derek2079's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thank you for the feedback

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Audizine mobile app