Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avants and RS?

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Avant popularity in the U.S. just doesn't justify high powered wagons for the number of cars Audi sells. Remember, in terms of sales volume, BMW and Merc still outsell Audi in the U.S. by a good amount. That said, there should definitely be more of an RS presence overall. There should be some degree of competition for AMG and BMW M, which have models in virtually every class of car and SUVs.

I would like to see:

RS3 sedan
    RS4 sedan
    RS5 coupe and Sportback
    RS6 sedan
    RS7 sportback
    RSQ5 SUV (with the RS5 motor)
    TTRS

This I think would be a good overall position for RS cars. And they should become available at the start of a model line production or no more than one year later, like AMG and M cars.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

Veteran Member Four Rings Saracen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    997.1 C4S X51, F250 7.3

Here's what I want to see:

Start with an A4 Avant body:

box flared fenders
    yuuuuuge brakes
    2.5TFSI mounted longitudinally
    manual transmission

Call it the RS2 Avant

I don't care about the rest....okay, maybe an RS6 Avant..
    "A car can be a tool but it can also be so much more. It can be a heart-starter, it can be a drug, it can be a piece of art and it can stir your soul" -Clarkson

"It's like being an ass man but there aren't any nice asses around so you go find a fat chick b/c at least she has something to hold on to. It's not the same and you just don't do it. #avantsforlife" -02silverbullet

Established Member Two Rings tonton's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post

box flared fenders
    yuuuuuge brakes
    manual transmission

Call it the RS2 Avant

It would be much easier if you apply to the Audi design team and create this car from scratch! lol... what is Mike gonna do? CAD and 3D print you a custom RS2 avant?
    2014/S4 Estoril Blue | APR Ultracharger 187/57.75 | APR CPS | APR TCU tune | Chipwerke Pro 3-1 | Roc-Euro Intake | ECS Decklid Spoiler | ECS Rear Diffuser | 25% tint all around | Reverse Light Delete | HOEN Yellow Fog | ZIZA White Interior LED Kit | Weathertech Mats

Veteran Member Four Rings hyperunion's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 Xterra 4X4 , 02 20V Passat variant.

Quote Originally Posted by plim View Post
    I'm a big believer in buying used cars, it's just ridiculous how much value these machines lose, but part of that reason is because I haven't come across a new car that I would truly love and use for the rest of it's life. The RS4 Avant would be that car. As soon as it's available, I'd be first in line and never look back. I wouldn't have to worry about loss of value because I would never sell it. Audi, please please please let us throw money at you!
    Let's just start with the s4 Avant for now!.. heck does it even have to be federalized??. Most likely not... Just open the books to order..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    B8.5 A4 Premium +, ZF8, APR Stg II+ E85, APR HFC Downpipe, APR Carbon Intake, APR Intercooler, APR T.M. Delete, AWE Quad Exaust, ECS turbo inlet hose, H&R coilovers , H&R F&R Sway Bars, Q5 4 Piston Brembo upgrade, ECS Slotted rotors and stainless lines, OZ Ultraleggeras, Piaa, 3M Crystalline, Xpel Ultimate. IG: "Veritech1"

RIP: B6 A4 Sport, AWE GIAC rSK04, Bilstein PSS9, OZ SL.

Veteran Member Four Rings hyperunion's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 Xterra 4X4 , 02 20V Passat variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post

box flared fenders
    yuuuuuge brakes
    manual transmission

Call it the RS2 Avant

The 2.5 5 cylinder would be a dream mounted longitudinally!.. Audi even did it themselves in a b8 a5 chassis!! 450hp.... Codenamed​ "the beast".. even the Audi commentator probably doesn't know about that one.lol.
    Sadly I see more investment in the shared 2.9 twin turbo v6 that's shared with the new b9 rs5 and new Porsche panamera's.. this motor will even wind up in the r8 eventually as a "lower cost" but more tunable version..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    B8.5 A4 Premium +, ZF8, APR Stg II+ E85, APR HFC Downpipe, APR Carbon Intake, APR Intercooler, APR T.M. Delete, AWE Quad Exaust, ECS turbo inlet hose, H&R coilovers , H&R F&R Sway Bars, Q5 4 Piston Brembo upgrade, ECS Slotted rotors and stainless lines, OZ Ultraleggeras, Piaa, 3M Crystalline, Xpel Ultimate. IG: "Veritech1"

RIP: B6 A4 Sport, AWE GIAC rSK04, Bilstein PSS9, OZ SL.

Veteran Member Four Rings nefkntym's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools
    Items for Sale

Wanting an S6 Avant or RS6 Avant is one thing but as sad as it sounds, any Avant with more than 4 cylinders is a step in the right direction.
    2017 S6 Sepang Blue
    2017 SQ5 Sepang Blue
    2003 A4 Avant 2.7T Polar White

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nefkntym View Post
    Wanting an S6 Avant or RS6 Avant is one thing but as sad as it sounds, any Avant with more than 4 cylinders is a step in the right direction.
    ^^^This. We can dream all we want about the cars that aren't here but what it really boils down to is there undoubtedly needs to be more than one option for an avant for American buyers to purchase. I can't remember if I said it earlier in this thread or in a different thread in the avants only section but there are plenty of people, myself included that don't care for the body lines of the allroad. Not that I don't like it, it is an Audi avant after all, but it's just not what I'm looking for in an avant.