Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avants and RS?

Veteran Member Three Rings pwdrskr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Avants and RS?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,

I'll take the plunge and post the first thread in this forum. Hopefully this is the right place for these questions.

There is a significant number of us who are fans of the Audi Avant variants. We've been disappointed that Audi has not been importing Avants in recent years to the US outside of the current allroad. Can you shed light on the future plans for Avants in the US?

Similarly, there have been articles recently that seem to suggest Audi will be importing up to 8 RS variants to the US. Can you confirm these reports?

Cheers!
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mounts, Apikol Rr Diff Mount, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10/et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, under seat bins

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

+1
    I will also like to know about future plans for Avants here (particularly the RS6 Avant) and information on the other RS models that are making it to the USA soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings CARTEL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 R8 Plus, L494 SC V8 Range Rover, W212 E63 Wagon, Ducati 899 Race Bike
    Items for Sale

I'd like to reiterate my dear colleague's use of the word 'disappointed'. After owning a C5 S6, C5 A6, B6 A4, and a B5 S4 avant that I completely converted to a Euro-RS4, I was pretty dead set on believing that I'd be an Avant owner for life. As we all know post-B7 era Avant's were essentially neutered, leaving a wake of already slightly disgruntled Audi Avant owners disheartened, never able to own the pinnacle of the RS-model avants, and now firmly sequestered to entry level engine wagons. As I found myself older with more family responsibilities, and thus, the need for a more reliable hot-hatch, I found solace with Mercedes-Benz's E63 wagon; sure, a wagon that can perform as well as an RS6, but still lacked the extroverted esthetic and interior sophistication and technology that Audi's proffer so prominently. When the B9 Allroad was announced I tried to convince myself in my old age that 'low and slow' would be OK, and on the wrong side of my 30's I no longer needed the speed, handling, and the beautiful raw sonata that permeated so prevalently with the high strung 2.7tt or 4.2 V8.

Alas, my disappointment was confirmed when my order arrived and I took the car for it's first spin. While the interior was gorgeous and the tech nothing short of incredible, the lack of power coupled with a suspension setup more akin for the suburbs than the curves of canyons left me unimpressed and far from satiated. I now find myself with yet another E63 in my driveway, waiting with baited breath at the contingency that Audi's lauded RS Avants might finally make it to the states.

TL;DR I'll be the first in line with cash if you bring over an RS-whatever, avant.
    -Tony

The RS4'd avant is sold, thanks.

Veteran Member Three Rings noob5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

1) Manual Transmissions

2) S/RS models

3) Avants

Ideally, a combination of all three...but any combination of two would be "acceptable."
    13 allroad Monsoon | APR Stg2/hi-flow cat/downpipe | H&R Springs
    07 RS4 Imola | JHM 93/Stg4 clutch/Shifter trio/Intake spacers | 034 trans mount/linkage arms | Stoptech rotors/pads | Milltek DP's | ECS H-Pipe/motor mounts/rear diff mount
    04 allroad 2.7T Alpaka | APR Stg1 | Arnott coil conversion | H-Sport
    99.5 A4 2.8Q Volcano Mica | ST
    Gone:
    95 90 SportQ Laser
    02 S4 Santorin | EPL Stg3 | ER | AWE | SouthBend | APR | 034 | KW | H-Sport
    10 Q5 Brllnt Blk

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEL View Post
    I'd like to reiterate my dear colleague's use of the word 'disappointed'. After owning a C5 S6, C5 A6, B6 A4, and a B5 S4 avant that I completely converted to a Euro-RS4, I was pretty dead set on believing that I'd be an Avant owner for life. As we all know post-B7 era Avant's were essentially neutered, leaving a wake of already slightly disgruntled Audi Avant owners disheartened, never able to own the pinnacle of the RS-model avants, and now firmly sequestered to entry level engine wagons. As I found myself older with more family responsibilities, and thus, the need for a more reliable hot-hatch, I found solace with Mercedes-Benz's E63 wagon; sure, a wagon that can perform as well as an RS6, but still lacked the extroverted esthetic and interior sophistication and technology that Audi's proffer so prominently. When the B9 Allroad was announced I tried to convince myself in my old age that 'low and slow' would be OK, and on the wrong side of my 30's I no longer needed the speed, handling, and the beautiful raw sonata that permeated so prevalently with the high strung 2.7tt or 4.2 V8.

Alas, my disappointment was confirmed when my order arrived and I took the car for it's first spin. While the interior was gorgeous and the tech nothing short of incredible, the lack of power coupled with a suspension setup more akin for the suburbs than the curves of canyons left me unimpressed and far from satiated. I now find myself with yet another E63 in my driveway, waiting with baited breath at the contingency that Audi's lauded RS Avants might finally make it to the states.

TL;DR I'll be the first in line with cash if you bring over an RS-whatever, avant.
    +1 and well stated.

The lack of power is what led me to the extensive mods I've done (K04, exhausts, FMIC, suspension, etc), completely voiding my warranty in the process. Sometimes it seemed that the only thing still covered was the 12v power outlets, ha, ha. I've effectively spent the equivalent dollars it would have taken to buy an RS by way of the mods I've done.
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mounts, Apikol Rr Diff Mount, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10/et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, under seat bins

Veteran Member Four Rings hyperunion's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 Xterra 4X4 , 02 20V Passat variant.

Quote Originally Posted by noob5 View Post
    1) Manual Transmissions

2) S/RS models

3) Avants

Ideally, a combination of all three...but any combination of two would be "acceptable."
    No chance on manuals, especially with the new generation of high Torque turbo single and twin v6's.. the zfhp8.. in all versions have definitely been up to the task.. heck the new 9 second quarter Dodge Demon has a zf8..
    One major step would be at least an option to order a b9 s4 Avant.. if Benz AMG wagon versions can be brought here why not the same with Audi..
    I'm sure order books will be full with s and rs Avant versions.. this way dealerships will not have the burden of keeping them on the lots ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    B8.5 A4 Premium +, ZF8, APR Stg II+ E85, APR HFC Downpipe, APR Carbon Intake, APR Intercooler, APR T.M. Delete, AWE Quad Exaust, ECS turbo inlet hose, H&R coilovers , H&R F&R Sway Bars, Q5 4 Piston Brembo upgrade, ECS Slotted rotors and stainless lines, OZ Ultraleggeras, Piaa, 3M Crystalline, Xpel Ultimate. IG: "Veritech1"

RIP: B6 A4 Sport, AWE GIAC rSK04, Bilstein PSS9, OZ SL.

Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3

Interesting. They responded at 12:44pm yesterday in the other thread but nothing here.....

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...e-part-numbers

Really? Right out of the gate?
    “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” - Kurt Cobain

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

eh, lets give them a chance, it is the weekend now after all. hopefully they don't give us avant enthusiasts the cold shoulder! compared to the question in the other thread, this thread will require a bit more "carefulness" for lack of a better word (if it even is one) as to how Audi responds and what information they can/will divulge. i know this is the purpose of this new forum section, but I'm sure they weren't quite ready to face such a hard hitting topic right out of the gate! hopefully we dont scare them away!
    | 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | GTRS | Motoza | Bosch 550's | 034 TIP & TT225 MAF housing | 034 HFC + BB catback | 710N | TR18T FMIC | RA4 stage 2 clutch | 034 RSB & Endlinks | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

| 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | LM reps |

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3

Uhhh, not really.

Biggest Audi enthusiast site out there. We deserve at least a little info, and in a timely manner.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by s4buckeye View Post
    and in a timely manner.
    if you read the info in the forum guidelines for this section you will see that they are only online mon-fri from 8am-12pm.

im sure they will be happy to shed some light on the whole avant debacle but don't expect them to break down there whole business plan to an enthusiast forum. not saying this directly to you, but more as a general statement for this thread.
    | GTRS | Motoza | Bosch 550's | 034 TIP & TT225 MAF housing | 034 HFC + BB catback | 710N | TR18T FMIC | RA4 stage 2 clutch | 034 RSB & Endlinks | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

Established Member Four Rings pezgoon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Avants and RS?

Interesting. They responded at 12:44pm yesterday in the other thread but nothing here.....

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...e-part-numbers

Really? Right out of the gate?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvwg View Post
    eh, lets give them a chance, it is the weekend now after all. hopefully they don't give us avant enthusiasts the cold shoulder! compared to the question in the other thread, this thread will require a bit more "carefulness" for lack of a better word (if it even is one) as to how Audi responds and what information they can/will divulge. i know this is the purpose of this new forum section, but I'm sure they weren't quite ready to face such a hard hitting topic right out of the gate! hopefully we dont scare them away!
    Haha

That's cause mine was an easy answer

I had a feeling it was the response I was gonna get anyways

I am extremely disheartened by the same things you guys are, and even though I love my b7 so far, it seems like I won't stick with the brand if we cannot get models that are available elsewhere and from other countries

Also I was so surprised they responded I didn't check it until 9 hours later

I saw this thread, saw no answer, figured I'd have to wait till Monday as well shocker for me

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Eric

2005.5 6mt A4 2.0(red T ) Silver metallic outside, Platinum inside.

Senior Member Two Rings joe@dubaudi.com's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 S4 Avant / 2014 Allroad / 2015 Q7 TDI
    Items for Sale

+1 for any RS avant. PLEASE!!! I'd be happy w/ an RS3 hatch even (if it was wide). I've been waiting for something exciting in the avant department for quite a long time but won't get my hopes up. So i'll hopefully finish my B7 S4 Avant/RS Avant conversion soon so I can satisfy my need. We have 3 Audi's now and would be in line to order anything that came to the US. Preferably RS6 or anything in a manual. Even an S-Line Allroad for gods sake. Current lineup at our house is:

2015 Q7 TDI
    2014 Allroad
    2006 S4 Avant 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3

Quote Originally Posted by jjvwg View Post
    if you read the info in the forum guidelines for this section you will see that they are only online mon-fri from 8am-12pm.

im sure they will be happy to shed some light on the whole avant debacle but don't expect them to break down there whole business plan to an enthusiast forum. not saying this directly to you, but more as a general statement for this thread.

yet they responded at 12:44 p.m. PST......

Veteran Member Four Rings Avant4me's Avatar
    AZ Member #

+1billion.

Audi has lost me to Mercedes for my next wagon purchase. E63 AMG is where it's at for high powered wagons.

...Unless Audi can manage to scrub together the RS4 or at least a measly S4 Avant state side

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    ~2007 DTM A4 S-Line Avant, 6MT, Stasis cat back, RAI downpipe, JHM Stage2 93, JHM HPFP, HFC, APR snub mount, 034M SD Motor mounts, RS4 RSB, VMR 708 19x8.5 ET35 245/35/19, B5 perches, NEUSPEED sport springs ~

Active Member One Ring Owens3550's Avatar
    AZ Member #

1) Manual Transmissions

2) S/RS models

3) Avants

+1 for 1 & 2.

AZ Member #

yet they responded at 12:44 p.m. PST......
    Ya that's why I didn't think I'd get a response especially before this thread since it was here first

I think we should all take that as a bad omen

Eric

Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Avants and RS?

Good morning, thank you for being the first one to dive in and start engaging in this Forum. It is always a pleasure to hear from our Avant and RS model enthusiasts. I apologize for the delayed response.

At Audi, we enjoy listening to our customers and Audi fans. As we develop our model line-up, we have found we are able to incorporate many excellent suggestions and preferences on models from our customers and fans. I will share your interest in these models with the appropriate parties within Audi.

I have seen various online articles discussing how many and which RS models will be released in the U.S. market.

At this time, these specific RS models are expected to be released. These date ranges are estimates and are subject to change.
    • 2017 Audi RS 3 – Summer 2017
    • Audi RS 5 – Confirmed for the U.S. market the first half of 2018
    • 2018 Audi RS 7 – Summer 2017
    • 2018 Audi TT RS – Summer 2017

I have engaged internal resources to obtain additional information in regard to our product plans to release Avants and RS models in the U.S. Once I have additional information, I will follow up with you. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Audi USA; 04-17-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    Mike
    Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Four Rings eljay's Avatar
    AZ Member #

1) Manual Transmissions

2) S/RS models

3) Avants

I would settle for 1 & 3.

Admittedly, I am not the target market for a new vehicle, as I do not have $60k just waiting to be spent on an S4 Avant. As such, I cannot put money where my mouth is, but I will be waiting for the used market to be able to afford one if they do become available.
    As an enthusiast, I truly wish for an A4 Avant Quattro with a manual transmission. The new 2.0TFSI with 252hp would be just fine. That is a car that just might pull me into a new car ownership.
    My dream car would be an S4 Avant with a clutch pedal. Yes, the manuals are slower than automatics, they consume more fuel and they enable the most unpredictable element in the car - the driver! - to mess up the perfectly programmed situational outcome determined by all the fancy electronics. But that is exactly what enthusiasts want. Let the 90% of the market who just want to say they drive "an Audi" drive the revenue, so Audi can give us the rare cars we seek.

And shall we consider the below a "hint" or "teaser"?
    The official Audi USA website under the A4 section mid-way down the page has this paragraph and picture:
    Quintessential sportiness.
    Sharpened design, increased power. Dynamism and a driving experience that’s on a par with a sports car. Plus quattro all-wheel drive as standard. Along with scintillating performance and the thrill of anticipation. Sporting the hallmark S: the Audi S4.
    Is my clouded "wishful thinking/dreaming" mind reading too much into "the thrill of anticipation" combined with a picture of a B9 S4 Avant? Or is that an Easter Egg (it is Easter season afterall!) from Audi?
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Good morning, thank you for being the first one to dive in and start engaging in this Forum. It is always a pleasure to hear from our Avant and RS model enthusiasts. I apologize for the delayed response.

At Audi, we enjoy listening to our customers and Audi fans. As we develop our model line-up, we have found we are able to incorporate many excellent suggestions and preferences on models from our customers and fans. I will share your interest in these models with the appropriate parties within Audi.

I have seen various online articles discussing how many and which RS models will be released in the U.S. market.

At this time, these specific RS models are expected to be released. These date ranges are estimates and are subject change.

I have engaged internal resources to obtain additional information in regard to our product plans to release Avants and RS models in the U.S. Once I have additional information, I will follow up with you. Stay tuned!
    Thank you very much Mike!
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '77 MGB Roadster
    Items for Sale

Avants with a 6MT, S/ RS would be the icing on the cake, but at least Avants with a 6MT sans ultra-quattro is my vote. Even if this is only available via custom order, I would personally wait as long as I needed.
    2011 A4 P+ Quartz Grey; Black Sport Package; 6MT; MMi; B&O; GIAC (stage)
    the egyptian prescription

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 TDI Prestige, E93 M3

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    Thank you very much Mike!
    +1

Avants, avants, avants.......S4, RS4, RS6.........avants, avants, avants............

Veteran Member Four Rings crazytex21's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I would love any RS model we could get in Avant/Hatchback form. The RS3 not coming over in hatch form grinds my gears. Hell, I would love the S4 to come back with the Avant option. Keep the S5 sportback, send us the S4 Avant.

Also, would do bad terrible things for the RS4 Avant and the unspeakable things I would do for an RS6 Avant....
    tex lee

A lot of people think you want to race, when in reality, you just have to motor home because Chipotle.
    ~Shicky~

Veteran Member Four Rings SleeperCar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

im not sure mike is ready for the "passionate" community of audizine.

I hope mike is analyzing every word he types or he is in for a real treat...lol
    2013 A4 Scuba Blue Metallic | APR stage 2 | AWE | GFB+ | Suntek | Solo-Werks | Eurocode | Blesk | 034 | ECStuning | CR-15 Strut brace | Apikol | R8 Coilpacks | NGK | Akebono | Hawk |MRR-GF07 19x9.5 ET38 | 18x8.5 peeler reps ET 40 (winter)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperCar View Post
    im not sure mike is ready for the "passionate" community of audizine.

I hope mike is analyzing every word he types or he is in for a real treat...lol
    haha, i was thinking the same thing! especially the avant enthusiasts, we're a special breed. I really dont see myself ever driving anything but a wagon, and unless something changes my b6 and b8 will be with me for a long time.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Any information you could provide about a the possibility of a RS5 Sportback coming to North America would be greatly appreciated. :)

Senior Member Four Rings jokingjimmy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 A5

I'm not very interested in the next generation of Audi Sport tbh. Non manual, non DSG, non 5th door, not very exciting. Maybe the TTRS, but barely - I kinda still need two extra doors. I'll probably keep my S4 (I actually looked for S3/RS3 Hatch with Quattro when I bought mine, only to find they weren't being produced in the US at the time), continuing my "RS Mod". Nothing in the lineup really excites me like I wish it would.

What would excite me you ask? RS3 Hot Hatch, RS4 Avant would, even if I had to give up the manual - it would have to be DSG though.

I know I don't count for anything in the "what models do we bring over" internal discussions at Audi, but figure I'd share anyways.

I'm just one guy, but fell in love with Audi at the tail end of Audi coolness. Wish I had been a fan much earlier to enjoy the good days lol.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Everything graciously mispelled by Android

2014 S4 Prestige | Nogaro Blue Pearl | 6MT + Sports Diff | B&O | Black/Nogaro Blue Alcantaera | Stuff* | 3M Crystalline
    2013 A5 Premium Plus | Moonlight Blue Metallic | 3M Crystalline

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

At this time, these specific RS models are expected to be released. These date ranges are estimates and are subject to change.

Thank you for responding!

I'll be eagerly awaiting any information on avants.

Cheers

AZ Member #

Hello All,

Audi of America is always looking for opportunities to bring additional models to the U.S. market, including Avants and Manuals. While we are not able to comment on our future model strategy at this time, we invite you to visit the websites below for additional information regarding new RS models and exclusive Audi news.

Official news about RS models can be found here: http://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/160. This press release shares a high level overview of the planned RS models.

If you’re not already receiving Audi news, please sign up here: https://www.audiusa.com/subscription. You may also follow @AudiNews on Twitter for the latest and most exclusive Audi news.
    Mike

AZ Member #

Avants and RS?

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    I would settle for 1 & 3.

Admittedly, I am not the target market for a new vehicle, as I do not have $60k just waiting to be spent on an S4 Avant. As such, I cannot put money where my mouth is, but I will be waiting for the used market to be able to afford one if they do become available.
    As an enthusiast, I truly wish for an A4 Avant Quattro with a manual transmission. The new 2.0TFSI with 252hp would be just fine. That is a car that just might pull me into a new car ownership.
    My dream car would be an S4 Avant with a clutch pedal. Yes, the manuals are slower than automatics, they consume more fuel and they enable the most unpredictable element in the car - the driver! - to mess up the perfectly programmed situational outcome determined by all the fancy electronics. But that is exactly what enthusiasts want. Let the 90% of the market who just want to say they drive "an Audi" drive the revenue, so Audi can give us the rare cars we seek.

And shall we consider the below a "hint" or "teaser"?
    The official Audi USA website under the A4 section mid-way down the page has this paragraph and picture:

Is my clouded "wishful thinking/dreaming" mind reading too much into "the thrill of anticipation" combined with a picture of a B9 S4 Avant? Or is that an Easter Egg (it is Easter season afterall!) from Audi?
    I appreciate your enthusiasm for Avants. The link you have included in your comment directs you to AUDI AG’s website.
    Mike

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Hello All,

Audi of America is always looking for opportunities to bring additional models to the U.S. market, including Avants and Manuals. While we are not able to comment on our future model strategy at this time, we invite you to visit the websites below for additional information regarding new RS models and exclusive Audi news.

Official news about RS models can be found here: http://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/160. This press release shares a high level overview of the planned RS models.

If you’re not already receiving Audi news, please sign up here: https://www.audiusa.com/subscription. You may also follow @AudiNews on Twitter for the latest and most exclusive Audi news.
    Thank you for the link. Namaste.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Awesome to see Audi engaging with this community, thanks for the comments and info Mike! Nothing to add other than another + Million for fast Avants in the US. I dearly miss my B7 Avant but it would have cost way too much to make it as fast as my S3. I loved my S3 but couldn't live without an Avant so now i'm back to square one.....

As much as I would love to see the RS4 Avant here, it would be more practical for me to buy an S4 Avant.....but hey either way i'll sell a kidney or whatever it takes :)

Veteran Member Four Rings nefkntym's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools
    Items for Sale

Add another one to the wanting of an Avant. I have been reluctant to get rid of my '03 A4 Avant because I have gone through the trouble of converting it to manual and putting a 2.7T into it and because I feel there is nothing out there in the Audi lineup that would make a worthy replacement. I have thought about getting rid of it a few times over the years to modernize, I bought '12 A4 Avant Prestige Sline Titanium awhile back that was supposed to be replacement, had it for a week and let it go because it was boring. Nice, but boring. A couple of years ago, I was in mood to upgrade my Avant again, looked at Allroads for a second but again kind of boring. So I bought a '15.5 Volvo V60 R Design, I got my wagon fix and I got the power and suspension. Unfortunately it was short lived because I needed more room and I missed Audi, so I traded that for a '17 Q7 Prestige last September. That was a great vehicle, but it is kind of boring after having 3 S4's, an S3 and 2 SQ5's and a slew of different "A" and "Q" models over the years. So, this past December, I traded it for a 2017 S6 Prestige. I love my S6, absolutely love it, but I would have chosen an S6 Avant or a RS6 Avant over the sedan in a heart beat had I been given the choice.
    2017 S6 Sepang Blue
    2017 SQ5 Sepang Blue
    2003 A4 Avant 2.7T Polar White

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Old Kaws

A fast manual avant is not going to happen sadly. Audi has phased out the manual transmission worldwide for its fast cars. Guess they're more interested in the old man demographic.

There's no such thing as a fast Audi with a manual other than the S3. They would have to change their worldwide strategy to bring manuals anywhere. The RS3 and S4 were just developed and released, and no manual has been engineered for the car. So it wont happen. By the time the next gen comes out they will be hybrid or electric, so definitely wont be manual

Veteran Member Four Rings nefkntym's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dub View Post
    A fast manual avant is not going to happen sadly. Audi has phased out the manual transmission worldwide for its fast cars. Guess they're more interested in the old man demographic.

There's no such thing as a fast Audi with a manual other than the S3. They would have to change their worldwide strategy to bring manuals anywhere. The RS3 and S4 were just developed and released, and no manual has been engineered for the car. So it wont happen. By the time the next gen comes out they will be hybrid or electric, so definitely wont be manual
    For me, I could care less about the manual, I am more concerned about the Avant. Anything that would come this way, would likely have a ZF8. It is a great transmission, have it in the SQ5. Love it. For the models I am interested in, they were never manual anyway.
    2017 S6 Sepang Blue
    2017 SQ5 Sepang Blue
    2003 A4 Avant 2.7T Polar White

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Recently pickup an Allroad and love the wagon/avant life!

Please bring more avants to the states. Would definitely trade in my S4 for an S4 Avant.
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, S-Tronic, Sports Diff, Tech Pkg, Carbon Atlas, B&O, Stance SC-1 19x9.5 et35 w/ PSS, Bilstein PSS10, CTS Turbo Intake, 034 Trans Mount, M'Autolite LED Fogs, RS4 Grille, Ecodes, Dinan Exhaust

AZ Member #

I appreciate your enthusiasm for Avants. The link you have included in your comment directs you to AUDI AG’s website.
    Sadly, you are correct. :( I missed that I'm not on the Audi USA website.

Established Member Two Rings plim's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600

I'm a big believer in buying used cars, it's just ridiculous how much value these machines lose, but part of that reason is because I haven't come across a new car that I would truly love and use for the rest of it's life. The RS4 Avant would be that car. As soon as it's available, I'd be first in line and never look back. I wouldn't have to worry about loss of value because I would never sell it. Audi, please please please let us throw money at you!
    2014 Audi Allroad Prestige with Driver Assist and Sport Package (Build thread)

2004 Audi A4 Avant 3.0(For sale)
    2003 Audi A3 Avant 1.8T

Established Member Two Rings zoomzoom!'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 A6 3.0T (self) 2015 Q5 3.0T (Wife)

I totally get that this is an enthusiast website, and we don't represent the broader buying public. It just sucks that I can't get my top three choices in the states....

1. TT RS roadster (has me contemplating a Boxster GTS or Jaguar F-Type)
    2. RS3 Hatch
    3. RS6 Avant

Right now, the only car I'll likely consider is the RS5 cabrio, should that make it to the states...but I'm getting this sense of dread that I can't get THAT car either. Unfortunately, Germany is caught up in the "climate change" nonsense, so the V8s are all going away as well.

Its really sad.

Sorry, just venting. I'd purchase a TT RS roadster TOMORROW if I could. At least my dollars may stay in the family if I go Boxster GTS.

WANT:

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom! View Post
    I totally get that this is an enthusiast website, and we don't represent the broader buying public. It just sucks that I can't get my top three choices in the states....

1. TT RS roadster (has me contemplating a Boxster GTS or Jaguar F-Type)
    2. RS3 Hatch
    3. RS6 Avant

Right now, the only car I'll likely consider is the RS5 cabrio, should that make it to the states...but I'm getting this sense of dread that I can't get THAT car either. Unfortunately, Germany is caught up in the "climate change" nonsense, so the V8s are all going away as well.

Its really sad.

Sorry, just venting. I'd purchase a TT RS roadster TOMORROW if I could. At least my dollars may stay in the family if I go Boxster GTS.

WANT:

It's not nonsense but that's a debate for a different day

You can simply make more power in a smaller package from a turbocharged engine any day,and gives you better handling, weight distribution, reduces weight etc etc

Regardless, that car is beautiful! It very much upsets me that we never get anything like that over here

Everyone here is just obsessed with their fcking land yachts and pickup trucks

Eric

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
    Recently pickup an Allroad and love the wagon/avant life!

Please bring more avants to the states. Would definitely trade in my S4 for an S4 Avant.
    Congrats on your new Audi allroad. Hope you are enjoying your S4 as well. Cheers!
    Mike