Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Wheel help

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Wheel help

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Vehicle is a 2018 s4.

My issue: ordered the 18s (for some unknown reason I didn't check the 19" box). Even worse yet, the 18s came with summer tires. So now, I'd have to buy new 19s with all season, and replace the 18s with winter tires -- then have a set of 18" summer tires that are like new, that I wont use.

My question: I really like BBS CH R (possible in black). I've never really ordered aftermarket wheels, because I ALWAYS buy cars with the upgraded wheels.

1. Since 19" is an stock option, i'm guessing I wont have any issues with ride height? I don't want to have to lower the car.

2. What size rim/tires am I even looking for? I have no idea about this stuff, i'm totally out of my element.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings VMRWheels's Avatar
    AZ Member #

There shouldn't be any problems with fitment problems with 19", and won't need to lower the car at all. The OEM 19" wheel spec for the S4 is 19x8.5 et40, but can also go with 19x8.5 et35 to make the wheels flush with the fenders. As for tire sizes, 255/35R19 is the OEM spec.

Aftermarket wheels are comparable, if not better, in terms of weight, strength, and style than most OEM wheels. In deciding which wheels to go with, it's best to find out if those wheel manufactures engineer and test their wheels to meet or exceed the strength requirements set by VIA and TUV.

Here's some photos of our V810 from our flow formed series wheels.

This S4 is lowered on H&R Springs, running 19x9.5 et45
    Comparison: BMW 335i on V702 vs. Audi S4 on V810 by VMR Wheels, on Flickr

V810 GUNMETAL 19" | AUDI S3 DAYTONA GRAY by VMR Wheels, on Flickr

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by VMRWheels; 06-28-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Shoot me a PM for a wheel or wheel & tire quote!

sales@velocitymotoring.com | 714.442.7916 | www.velocitymotoring.com| Instagram | | | Blog

Active Member Two Rings benburgess's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
    There shouldn't be any problems with fitment problems with 19", and won't need to lower the car at all. The OEM 19" wheel spec for the S4 is 19x8.5 et40, but can also go with 19x8.5 et35 to make the wheels flush with the fenders. As for tire sizes, 255/35R19 is the OEM spec.

Aftermarket wheels are comparable, if not better, in terms of weight, strength, and style than most OEM wheels. In deciding which wheels to go with, it's best to find out if those wheel manufactures engineer and test their wheels to meet or exceed the strength requirements set by VIA and TUV.

Hope this helps!
    I just bought a '14 B8.5 S4 and it came on a set of AG M590 wheels (19x9) but I'm not sure the et/fitment. How can I figure that out?

Thanks!
    2014 B8.5 S4 P+ 6MT Monsoon Grey
    Avant Garde M590 19x9 | Roc-Euro Intake | Madico Black Pearl 35% | Sport Differential | B&O

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by benburgess View Post
    ...it came on a set of AG M590 wheels (19x9) but I'm not sure the et/fitment. How can I figure that out?
    Remove the wheel, look at the backside of the spokes and/or barrel, and it'll stamped with the wheel diameter & width along the offset (ET).

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."