Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 135
  1. #1
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    05 A4 B6 3.0L Ultra Sport 2.7t Stage III Swap

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Decided to start this Build thread for any intersted on the B6 2.7t Swap story told from the 3.0L 6 Speed Manual perspective. There are a few other swap threads but for B6 S4, B6 A4 1.8t & B6 3.0L TIP .... from what I've read, my chassis is the "Easiest" of the B6 Family to Swap...We Shall see about that...I am a Intermediate "Weekend Mechanic" at best...although pretty capable & handy with about all things Hands on...I am greatful to this Forum & other like it as this would not be possible without the help.. YouTube is huge bonus as well...So now that the weather has improved here in NY...Lets Get to it...

    Basic INFO

    **Chassis**

    Audi 2005 A4 B6 3.0L 6speed Ultrasport 170K
    Stock Exhaust (Muffler Delete Only)
    SSP Tuning ECU Flash
    ECS LW Pulleys
    Thats It....






    **Swap Motor**

    *2001 A6 2.7t Manual APB (Bosch K Box) @72k
    *New Cam Seals, Water Pump, Timing Belt, Thermostat Housing (Metal), Coils, NGK BRK7E's, Rebuilt Spider Hose, Secondary Pump delete, Repalced Various Vac Line Etc., Coverted To Hitachi MAF w/ Pig Tail






    **Stage III Setup**

    *K04 Turbos...(Used) Unknown Miliage But Shaft Play is acceptable, swapped out CHRA's with some slightly "better" Units (we'll see how they do)
    *XS Power Inlets
    *OEM RS4 Intercoolers (Yes, yes...I know they are only slighly better than stock & there's better options out there...Thanks in advance)
    *Project B5 85mm MAF Housing
    *034 MotorSport Bi Pipes
    *Forge Splitter Billet DV's
    *Bosch 630cc EV14 Injectors
    *Aero Stealth 340 Fuel Pump
    *Clutch Master FX400 6 Puck Stage III Clutch
    *ECS Silicone Hose Kit
    *ECS Snub Mount
    *SSAC 3"-2.5" Catless Downpipes
    *2.5" X Pipe
    *2.5" Dual Magnaflow Resonators
    *Dual Magnaflow 14829 Mufflers

    **Software**

    *Custom DAZ Stage III ECU Tune (Hitachi MBox Flash) EGT Delete, Rear 02 Delete, Launch Control, NLS...Etc

    So Basically I've spent that last few months tweeking researching and sourcing various parts, fittings etc. I'll post a few preperation steps... but the official motor pull wont start for a few days yet...I will continue to update as I make progress... I work full time & have a family so I will chip away at it as I can....Stay tuned
    _______________________________________________

    **Soldering & Heat Shrinking Hitachi MAF Pig Tail


    _______________________________________________

    **Injector Day



    OLD VS NEW







    ....DONE
    _______________________________________________

    **K04 Tear Down & Cleaning, CHRA swap









    CLEANED & READY FOR Re ASSEMBLY





    DONE
    _______________________________________________

    ** Pulling OLD K03s



    #@$%!!!!



    **OLD Bench Vice Grip Trick after pulling Exhaust Manifold and turbo together.





    SUCCESS
    _______________________________________________

    **Cleaning Old Fittings while waiting on Parts & Crush washers etc...



    **Like NEW





    **OverNight Soak In Parts Cleaner
    _______________________________________________

    **Assembled K04s with New Fittings/Washers









    DONE
    _______________________________________________

    **Checking for equal Wastegate Cracking Pressure Home made setup w/Bicycle Pump & fittings...Did the Job Both Cracking at 5-6 PSI



    _______________________________________________

    **Installed T fitting & sender Adapter for OIL Pressure Gauge...Hope it fits when A/C compressor is installed later

    _________________________________________

    **K04s Installed Today...Torqued Down!

    (Of course I broke the Boost reference banjo...waiting for another from ECS)





    _______________________________________________

    **Thats all for today...Good start so far I think
    Last edited by Bob Marley; 07-18-2017 at 07:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2011
    AZ Member #
    79500
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    will you be able to pass emissions still?
    '12 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige - 187/57 DP EPL
    '06 Audi A6 3.2 Prestige - Sold
    '00 VW Jetta VR6 - Donated
    '98 Audi A4 Stage 3 - Gone

  3. #3
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 27 2016
    AZ Member #
    373865
    Location
    Westchester, NY

    With the right tune, should be no problem. Mine did. ;)


    Sub'ed. Thought for a second you were selling it brother. Would be nice to see the progression.


    E

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297382
    Location
    DMV

    Subbed as well. I have a 3.0 with the 01E and always toy with the idea of the 2.7 swap in my head.

    Looking forward to your progress!
    02 B6 A4 3.0 6MT w/ Sport Package | Kenwood DDX9702S Double Din | Tint | B7 S4 Front Calipers & 345mm Brembo Rotors + Pads | Blauparts "U-Slot" Slotted Rear Rotors + Pads | ECS SS Brake Lines

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 23 2010
    AZ Member #
    66070
    My Garage
    04 1.8T Avant, E36 M3 Coupe
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Items for Sale

    05 3.0 has a returnless fuel system, so you'll still need to run a return line like it's a 1.8T, fyi... should be gravy, otherwise.
    2004 Atlas Gray B6 Avant; built 2.7T w/ RS6's swap in progress

  6. #6
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bassen View Post
    05 3.0 has a returnless fuel system, so you'll still need to run a return line like it's a 1.8T, fyi... should be gravy, otherwise.
    Yeah...I'm working on that part next...I'll run a 5/16th line from engine bay to the rear and couple it with Whatever existing Return line that's there connected to the back of the Fuel Filter....just not sure which line is which exactly at this point. If anyone knows that'll be great...otherwise I'll figure it out



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by SPONGE View Post
    will you be able to pass emissions still?
    I really Hope So...I'm in NY so the Emissions rules aren't the worst...I'm concerned about being Catless however and the visual inspection

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Four Rings ADCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2009
    AZ Member #
    37126
    Location
    Toronto

    Nice!
    Is 5-6psi normal wastegate preload for K04s? Seems low.

    And follow Clint's guide for the return fuel setup.
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...rt-the-OEM-way
    B6 2.7t -- F21 MF -- Tuned by Bische --
    B7 2.0t

    Detailing questions? Email me:
    Detailing District

  9. #9
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
    Nice!
    Is 5-6psi normal wastegate preload for K04s? Seems low.

    And follow Clint's guide for the return fuel setup.
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...rt-the-OEM-way
    5-6 psi is just the Crack pressure (when they first start to move) @10 psi is when they should be fully open. I was just making sure they were still evenly set since they were disassembled.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 13 2013
    AZ Member #
    124884

    looks like its going to be a pretty sweet build man and great start . ill be following along

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Three Rings 3 bar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11 2004
    AZ Member #
    91
    My Garage
    91 Corrado, 02 Passat wagon, 99.5 A4 TQM
    Location
    Greensboro NC
    Items for Sale

    Gonna make the move myself on my avant. Keep us posted and good luck!
    2004 Atlas Grey A4 Avant
    1999.5 Volcano Black Audi A4 1.8TQM
    2002 VW Passat wagon 1.8t 5 speed
    1991 VW Corrado 1.8t w/matching trailer Waterfest 03/04 winner (show)
    1980 Chrysler Cordoba LS 371ci 450hp 12.68(go)

  12. #12
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Got some Plumbing done today...

    Inlets Heat Wrapped & Outlets routed...DV's test fitted

    OEM RS4 Lower Hoses Test fitted as Well

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 27 2016
    AZ Member #
    373865
    Location
    Westchester, NY

    Put some heavy duty motor mounts in it brother. It's pretty tight once the motor is in. I would ditch those open BOVs for more correct DVs unless the tuning actually calls for them. Looks great, keep posting.


    E

  14. #14
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Ephry73 View Post
    Put some heavy duty motor mounts in it brother. It's pretty tight once the motor is in. I would ditch those open BOVs for more correct DVs unless the tuning actually calls for them. Looks great, keep posting.


    E
    Yep...i think those are 80/20 hybrid recirc. They've gotten mixed reviews... if I don't like Boost response I believe they Can be capped off for Full Recirc function...I mentioned this to my tuner so we'll see if they play nice with the tune... otherwise 710n's it is.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bob Marley; 04-13-2017 at 06:37 AM.

  15. #15
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 27 2016
    AZ Member #
    373865
    Location
    Westchester, NY

    Good deal. The 2.7 is a picky beast. Man the work you've done is quick and looks awesome BTW. Any beat of boost leak will give you a shake or undesired throttle response. Next project for me is wrapping the boosted pipes and also an oil cooler to keep everything cooler. Redundantly speaking.

    710s will work and later on can be changed out to rebuild-able units you can play with. Just be patient.


    E

  16. #16
    Senior Member Two Rings Gin+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 16 2015
    AZ Member #
    327575
    Location
    CNY Syracuse

    Driveway style. Respect.

  17. #17
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin+ View Post
    Driveway style. Respect.
    Lol...No Doubt

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Veteran Member Four Rings ADCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2009
    AZ Member #
    37126
    Location
    Toronto

    Nice!
    Be careful how you orient your clamps though. Especially the ones on your inlets right at the compressor housing. You won't be able to access them in car how they are angled right now. If you angle them more towards the ground you will have a better chance at getting them off without having to pull the engine.

    I just went through that on my while replacing a torn wastegate actuator boost reference line (passeenger side). What a bitch to do in car...That reminds me, make sure you use brand new wastegate reference lines. :-)
    B6 2.7t -- F21 MF -- Tuned by Bische --
    B7 2.0t

    Detailing questions? Email me:
    Detailing District

  19. #19
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 27 2016
    AZ Member #
    373865
    Location
    Westchester, NY

    05 A4 B6 3.0L Ultra Sport 2.7t Stage III Swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Marley View Post
    I really Hope So...I'm in NY so the Emissions rules aren't the worst...I'm concerned about being Catless however and the visual inspection

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Come out my way for the inspection.

    You can get some decent stock looking magnaflow high flow cars for under a hundred each and make a decent exhaust system. That what I'm going try to get done this weekend. Even so, catless and all and rear 02 deleted the ready test passed. Just depends on the tune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 27 2016
    AZ Member #
    373865
    Location
    Westchester, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
    Nice!
    Be careful how you orient your clamps though. Especially the ones on your inlets right at the compressor housing. You won't be able to access them in car how they are angled right now. If you angle them more towards the ground you will have a better chance at getting them off without having to pull the engine.

    I just went through that on my while replacing a torn wastegate actuator boost reference line (passeenger side). What a bitch to do in car...That reminds me, make sure you use brand new wastegate reference lines. :-)
    ^^^ this. I know it's silly to point it out but once that big boy is slapped in the spacing is super different.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
    Nice!
    Be careful how you orient your clamps though. Especially the ones on your inlets right at the compressor housing. You won't be able to access them in car how they are angled right now. If you angle them more towards the ground you will have a better chance at getting them off without having to pull the engine.

    I just went through that on my while replacing a torn wastegate actuator boost reference line (passeenger side). What a bitch to do in car...That reminds me, make sure you use brand new wastegate reference lines. :-)
    Thanks for the tip ..I've been thinking about that when I was mounting everything like...
    "I wonder of I'm screwing myself.."
    ...but I really have know clue as to which orientation is best without seeing how it sits in the engine bay... I'll take your advice on the inlets for starters...otherwise...i planned when the time comes to start lowering in the motor to eyeball potential space issues and make final clamp position adjustments before finally dropping in and bolting down...a little guess work due to my inexperience ... but still not worse than having to pull the motor for a silly hose leak later...Thanks guys

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Started to tackle the Fuel Pump and hit my first Road Block...

    Apparently I have a 2005 or 2005.5 style fuel system that uses a B7 style Fuel Pump...all the info I gathered on upgrading my FP prior to actually pulling it was catered to the older 2002-2004 style setups. Not sure if i can make my Bosch 040 work here without really chopping up the stock FP setup & or sacrificing accurate fuel level readings. I'll take more time to gather info as No one has a bonifide method or DIY as of yet... for now I'll try to put everthing back stock & focus on Just running the needed return line until I have a bonifide plan of attack for the Fuel Pump.

    Ephry73 says he's using a stock 3.0L FP...not sure what stage tho. But I'll try not to let this slow the project...but I lost a day screwing with this :(



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Veteran Member Four Rings AudiA4_20T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2005
    AZ Member #
    8553
    My Garage
    10speed
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Items for Sale

    nice.
    - Clint

    Totaled: 04 DG B6 Cabby 1.8T - stock forever
    Gone: White '04 S4 2.7T - Stage 2+
    Gone : Fastest B6 A4 ever - 464awhp/12.1@116
    Gone : 05 DG B7 2.0TQ - Stage 1

  24. #24
    Veteran Member Four Rings ADCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2009
    AZ Member #
    37126
    Location
    Toronto

    This may give you an idea of the space you have between the engine and frame rail in a B6.

    If you have those clamps sideways like I did it's a bitch to get to them. The subframe is right beneath so you can't really get your hands in there... many many curse words and several beers later they came off.

    If they were oriented just a little bit downwards you could reach them with a ratchet + extensions instead of doing 1/100th of a rotation using a wrench. The rotation was so little it was within the backlash of my gear wrenches so they were useless... terrible experience.

    And the bastard wastegate line...

    B6 2.7t -- F21 MF -- Tuned by Bische --
    B7 2.0t

    Detailing questions? Email me:
    Detailing District

  25. #25
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 27 2016
    AZ Member #
    373865
    Location
    Westchester, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Marley View Post
    Started to tackle the Fuel Pump and hit my first Road Block...

    Apparently I have a 2005 or 2005.5 style fuel system that uses a B7 style Fuel Pump...all the info I gathered on upgrading my FP prior to actually pulling it was catered to the older 2002-2004 style setups. Not sure if i can make my Bosch 040 work here without really chopping up the stock FP setup & or sacrificing accurate fuel level readings. I'll take more time to gather info as No one has a bonifide method or DIY as of yet... for now I'll try to put everthing back stock & focus on Just running the needed return line until I have a bonifide plan of attack for the Fuel Pump.

    Ephry73 says he's using a stock 3.0L FP...not sure what stage tho. But I'll try not to let this slow the project...but I lost a day screwing with this :(



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Yeah my 3.0 is a 2003 vehicle. I say run the lines the way you were originally going to and keep moving forward.


    E

  26. #26
    Veteran Member Four Rings Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 24 2011
    AZ Member #
    82979
    Location
    New Jersey

    Really loving the work you've done here, great stuff. Very excited to see it come together!

  27. #27
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
    This may give you an idea of the space you have between the engine and frame rail in a B6.

    If you have those clamps sideways like I did it's a bitch to get to them. The subframe is right beneath so you can't really get your hands in there... many many curse words and several beers later they came off.

    If they were oriented just a little bit downwards you could reach them with a ratchet + extensions instead of doing 1/100th of a rotation using a wrench. The rotation was so little it was within the backlash of my gear wrenches so they were useless... terrible experience.

    And the bastard wastegate line...

    So what actaully broke or leaked? ..I believe that boost Reference & Wastegate line from the N75 are hard Lines...then they go soft right before the turbo about 6-8" worth.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Veteran Member Four Rings ADCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2009
    AZ Member #
    37126
    Location
    Toronto

    Silicone line between the hardline and waste gate actuator tore. It's pretty common especially on the passenger side since the line is only 2-3" long. I re-routed mine using high temp silicone + heat wrap with a nice service loop and high quality fuel line type clamps. The regular worm clamps will likely chew the soft silicone.
    B6 2.7t -- F21 MF -- Tuned by Bische --
    B7 2.0t

    Detailing questions? Email me:
    Detailing District

  29. #29
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
    Silicone line between the hardline and waste gate actuator tore. It's pretty common especially on the passenger side since the line is only 2-3" long. I re-routed mine using high temp silicone + heat wrap with a nice service loop and high quality fuel line type clamps. The regular worm clamps will likely chew the soft silicone.
    I will do this so I can sleep at night after the swap...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bob Marley; 04-14-2017 at 02:58 PM.

  30. #30
    Senior Member Two Rings mjmatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 29 2014
    AZ Member #
    202082
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Keep up the good work man id love to see it when you're done I'm down on LI! good quality parts to GLWB
    Moro Blue Pearl

    2005 B6 A4 1.8TQM | 6-Speed | REVO Stage 2 | 034 TP | 007 DV | TFSI Coils | BB FMIC | RNS-E | B7 S4 Brakes | ST Coilovers |

    R.I.P
    2001.5 B5 A4 1.8TQM 5-Speed | Stage 3 | GTRS Eliminator | Meth | 30 PSI | 325 AWHP |

  31. #31
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Progress!! Hopefully the next update I'll be showing an empty engine bay...

    Drive Shaft Disconnected
    Exhaust Disconnected
    Fluids Drained
    Front Clip Removed
    Started disconnecting Lines, Labeling etc.


    It's a start!


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bob Marley; 04-17-2017 at 04:17 AM.

  32. #32
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    **Update**

    Finally got this Motor pulled...was a little tricky especially since was working by myself...but it's done. Pulled A/C compressor & installed with 3.0 Bracket on 2.7 & New Accessory Belt...Installed LW pulleys crank & power steering

    Checklist at this point:

    *Clean engine bay

    *Replace Brake hardline to Passenger Side front

    *Install C5 A6 Power steering to Rack Line

    *Run custom 5/16 fuel return line

    *Separate Tranny and Mount to 2.7t

    *Modify Down pipes (2" drop)

    *Heat wrap Down pipes & Mount

    *Install Wiring harness

    *Final Grooming, inspection, tightening torque etc



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297382
    Location
    DMV

    awesome dude, keep up the good work!
    02 B6 A4 3.0 6MT w/ Sport Package | Kenwood DDX9702S Double Din | Tint | B7 S4 Front Calipers & 345mm Brembo Rotors + Pads | Blauparts "U-Slot" Slotted Rear Rotors + Pads | ECS SS Brake Lines

  34. #34
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 27 2016
    AZ Member #
    373865
    Location
    Westchester, NY

    You're not playing!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 17 2016
    AZ Member #
    371959
    Location
    kc

    Kudos for doing al that work by urself. I recently changed out my exhaust and a downpipe in my driveway on jackstands and hurt for 3 days afterwards but I am also 42 and not getting any younger😃
    Keep up the good work.

  36. #36
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by hightime80 View Post
    Kudos for doing al that work by urself. I recently changed out my exhaust and a downpipe in my driveway on jackstands and hurt for 3 days afterwards but I am also 42 and not getting any younger😃
    Keep up the good work.
    I'm right behind ya at 39 bro... honestly working in spurts helps a good deal...2 hours or so every other day... nothing crazy... Easy does it...

    1 challenge at a time

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Ephry73 View Post
    You're not playing!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol...No sir I am not!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Down pipes modified with 2" extension...

    Check out those welds

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 27 2016
    AZ Member #
    373865
    Location
    Westchester, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Marley View Post
    Down pipes modified with 2" extension...

    Check out those welds

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    nice. Did you weld them yourself? Similar setup to what I'm working on. I got the flex pipe extensions with the ribbed interion so that there's no room for collapsing later on(as it always happens )



    E

  40. #40
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    367370
    Location
    Queens NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Ephry73 View Post
    nice. Did you weld them yourself? Similar setup to what I'm working on. I got the flex pipe extensions with the ribbed interion so that there's no room for collapsing later on(as it always happens )



    E
    Nah ...i know a guy that knows a guy... he does pretty good work. He just not necessarily cheap tho

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.