Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by f0reignfeatures View Post
    Ahh I see. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to more updates!
    First-Start coming up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Clints Harness...buttoned up with some electrical tape & extended some leads

Getting Closer

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    those look like they are going to hit the bumper mounts once they slide in.
    I was concerned about that too
    ..but honestly I couldn't ask for better fitment at this point.So far so good... the bumper guides actually do not hit. Everything bolts up like stock. I'm just going to fab some custom brackets to secure in place.

I'd recommend to anyone reading this thread in the future cutting into the frame rail a bit when installing large (bigger than stock) intercoolers. With the cutouts I'm already ready for SRM or ERs in the future.

Senior Member Four Rings blitz2190's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro, 2.7T swap Stage 3 APR 6 speed
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Marley View Post
    ..but honestly I couldn't ask for better fitment at this point.So far so good... the bumper guides actually do not hit. Everything bolts up like stock. I'm just going to fab some custom brackets to secure in place.

I'd recommend to anyone reading this thread in the future cutting into the frame rail a bit when installing large (bigger than stock) intercoolers. With the cutouts I'm already ready for SRM or ERs in the future.

nice, good that it fits. But theres no mods needed to fit srm's in the b6. They are tight but we didn't have to move anything.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    2.7T Swap Wiring Guide (Psst this is a link)
    New Build In progress built 2.7 STK 2004 B6 A4- Thread and pic to come

Senior Member Two Rings mjmatos's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Clints Harness...buttoned up with some electrical tape & extended some leads

Getting Closer

Clint is still making these?! This would make the process so much quicker! Car looks great man progress is awesome I'm hoping to have an engine at the end of the month

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Moro Blue Pearl

2005 B6 A4 1.8TQM | 6-Speed | REVO Stage 2 | 034 TP | 007 DV | TFSI Coils | BB FMIC | RNS-E | B7 S4 Brakes | ST Coilovers |

R.I.P
    2001.5 B5 A4 1.8TQM 5-Speed | Stage 3 | GTRS Eliminator | Meth | 30 PSI | 325 AWHP |

AZ Member #

No modifications required to fit ERs in the B6 which is one of the (many) reasons I went with them.
    B6 2.7t -- F21 MF -- Tuned by Bische --
    B7 2.0t

AZ Member #

Maybe these RS4s are more wide than thick... sounds like the SRM & ERs have thick cores... but not necessarily wide...i do have plenty of space from back to front... side to side not so much. Either way I'm good now.

Question...i only have a set of OEM 2.7t shrouds... ive heard that they don't make a great difference on or off... not sure. Should I bother trying to cut trim & fit these to fit the RS4s? Or just leave it till I upgrade to better ics?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    96 B5 A4- Sold, 06 corollaS (wife's), 97 Ford Ranger, B6 A4 (Daily Driver)
    Items for Sale

Maybe these RS4s are more wide than thick... sounds like the SRM & ERs have thick cores... but not necessarily wide...i do have plenty of space from back to front... side to side not so much. Either way I'm good now.

Question...i only have a set of OEM 2.7t shrouds... ive heard that they don't make a great difference on or off... not sure. Should I bother trying to cut trim & fit these to fit the RS4s? Or just leave it till I upgrade to better ics?

Congrats man, you're almost there!!! I used the OEM 2.7t shrouds and cut them up, there's a lot to cut off if you want to fit them right. the other option i was going to try is the B6 S4 shrouds and try to make them fit, but the guy i bought it from never returned my money and i never received the shrouds...
    in any case, even if it makes a little difference, i would use them. just make sure that the plastic on the wheel base has vents on them, turbulence is no good in that area.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JB5 View Post
    Congrats man, you're almost there!!! I used the OEM 2.7 shrouds and cut them up, there's a lot to cut off if you want to fit them right. the other option i was going to try is the B6 S4 shrouds and try to make them fit, but the guy i bought it from never returned my money and i never received the shrouds...
    in any case, even if it make a little difference, i would use them. just make sure that the plastic on the wheel base has vents on them, turbulence is no good in that area.
    I would have to cut vents in the wheel well cover to get some cross ventilation... or maybe i'd just swiss cheese em with a drill.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mjmatos View Post
    Clint is still making these?! This would make the process so much quicker! Car looks great man progress is awesome I'm hoping to have an engine at the end of the month

Hope it works out for you... hit me up if you need any pointers.. not that I'm an expert as I'm feeling my way through this myself... but since I'm fresh on the conversion and may be able to help out with some of the trouble spots I ran into... there's allot of guys on here with great swaps... but they can't remember alot since it was done so long ago ... even Clint, the legend himself is a bit rusty in some stuff & he's the b6 2.7t god father lol!

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I would have to cut vents in the wheel well cover to get some cross ventilation... or maybe i'd just swiss cheese em with a drill.

Cut the shrouds to fit and open up the fog covers. It is a lot of work but so much better. I used the A6 shrouds and it was a lot of work but the ventilation is worth it. I'm thinking of pulling fans for when sitting in traffic but I don't drive in the city a lot.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ephry73 View Post
    Cut the shrouds to fit and open up the fog covers. It is a lot of work but so much better. I used the A6 shrouds and it was a lot of work but the ventilation is worth it. I'm thinking of pulling fans for when sitting in traffic but I don't drive in the city a lot.

E

Yeah I'm ahead of yah...i opened up the fog grills already the plastic covers behind just pop off... just gotta mid the wheel well and we should have some air passage

AZ Member #

Yeah I'm ahead of yah...i opened up the fog grills already the plastic covers behind just pop off... just gotta mid the wheel well and we should have some air passage

Awesome. I had to plasti dip mine to even them out but I think they look ok. I rather do that than buy Chinese ones for $17 shipped

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 1.8t Auto - stock 2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (Wife's ride)

Sub'ed. This is a great thread. Good Job man! Im hoping to do this one day. Just need to finish my 2001 B5 S4 stage 3+ build.

AZ Member #

Does anyone have IAT logs with and without shrouds? I would like to see some actual data before wasting an afternoon hacking up the shrouds...

I have logs for no shrouds @ ~20psi (F21s) on stock ICs and will have logs for no shrouds + ER ICs soon.
    B6 2.7t -- F21 MF -- Tuned by Bische --
    B7 2.0t

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
    Does anyone have IAT logs with and without shrouds? I would like to see some actual data before wasting an afternoon hacking up the shrouds...

I have logs for no shrouds @ ~20psi (F21s) on stock ICs and will have logs for no shrouds + ER ICs soon.
    I'd be interested in seeing those logs...

Veteran Member Four Rings Nollywood's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looking good, bud.

Have you got a completion time frame in mind? I bet you can't wait to turn the key for the first time, and hear the motor run.
    2003 Audi B6 A4 Quattro Sport Avant, 3.0 | 6-Speed Manual Swap | BOSE | Rear PDC | Factory Votex Kit | OEM B6 S4 Black Optic Grille | Rear Tints | Black Leather | Cruise | H&R Spacers 12/15mm Front / Rear | B7 S4 OEM Alloys

B6 420-TS Avant - RS6 4.2 BiTurbo, (BCY). B6/7 Hybrid "RS4" OEM Widebody Coming Soon.

AZ Member #

I'd be interested in seeing those logs...

I think flyboy did just that testing as well as intercooler ones. Have the search for the link when I get home.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nollywood View Post
    Looking good, bud.

Have you got a completion time frame in mind? I bet you can't wait to turn the key for the first time, and hear the motor run.
    Actually waiting on a B7 friendly fuel pump in the mail... Driver Side CV boot is ripped so will need that as well...trip to the dealer for some Power steering Fluid...and that's it! End of the week looks like.

I'll be sooooo nervous to turn that key

AZ Member #

Fabbed up some Intercooler mounts with some 3/4 Plat Steel...

It'll hold pretty sturdy...they won't go flying off under boost...thats for sure

AZ Member #

Welp...at least shes cranking... I'm still fiddling with the Fuel Pump issue..waiting for another option to arrive in the mail. Figured I'd At least circulate the oil a bit & see if she turns over. Battery is a bit low too...

Stay 'tuned'

https://youtu.be/XASFwszY0aM

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

ahh so close
    02 B6 A4 3.0 6MT w/ Sport Package | Kenwood DDX9702S Double Din | Tint | B7 S4 Front Calipers & 345mm Brembo Rotors + Pads | Blauparts "U-Slot" Slotted Rear Rotors + Pads | ECS SS Brake Lines

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiA4_20T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10speed
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by mjmatos View Post
    been making them for years now.
    - Clint

Totaled: 04 DG B6 Cabby 1.8T - stock forever
    Gone: White '04 S4 2.7T - Stage 2+
    Gone : Fastest B6 A4 ever - 464awhp/12.1@116
    Gone : 05 DG B7 2.0TQ - Stage 1

AZ Member #

It's Alive!!!

https://youtu.be/8Hv47V99Hxo

AZ Member #

It's Alive!!!

Oh man!! So happy for you! Did you cry a little bit? Just a bit?

I didn't see any smoke at all. Good job indeed. But those pipes in for the exhaust already.

E

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Anthony-

WOW! It looks great... It sounds even better... Sick job.
    2006 A4 2.0T 6MT APR Stage 2, Full Exhaust, and some other stuff...

Senior Member Four Rings SJorge3442's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This is awesome. That starter was probably getting pretty hot, but who cares. Shes alive! Excited to see a driving video of it. Sounds awesome.
    2003 Three . Oh , 6 Speed, Quattro. 143k. I barely drive anymore so much less for me.

Senior Member Two Rings mjmatos's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It's Alive!!!

Awesome progress man!! She sounds amazing when she's up and running id love to come see how it's going

Moro Blue Pearl

2005 B6 A4 1.8TQM | 6-Speed | REVO Stage 2 | 034 TP | 007 DV | TFSI Coils | BB FMIC | RNS-E | B7 S4 Brakes | ST Coilovers |

R.I.P
    2001.5 B5 A4 1.8TQM 5-Speed | Stage 3 | GTRS Eliminator | Meth | 30 PSI | 325 AWHP |

AZ Member #

Haven't updated in awhile...

Buttoned up some details... wiring cooling fans & troubleshooting little leaks here & there...

Currently waiting on a brake lines & drivers side CV Axle before wheels go on... looking forward to the first drive...

Thanks guys for all the support!

Shout out to Clint for helping tie the wiring together towards the end... was getting a bit sticky ...good guy to have him in your corner.

Last edited by Bob Marley; 05-18-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Veteran Member Four Rings Nollywood's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That's awesome! Glad to see it all running.
    2003 Audi B6 A4 Quattro Sport Avant, 3.0 | 6-Speed Manual Swap | BOSE | Rear PDC | Factory Votex Kit | OEM B6 S4 Black Optic Grille | Rear Tints | Black Leather | Cruise | H&R Spacers 12/15mm Front / Rear | B7 S4 OEM Alloys

B6 420-TS Avant - RS6 4.2 BiTurbo, (BCY). B6/7 Hybrid "RS4" OEM Widebody Coming Soon.