Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings KunzeRob's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Recommendation for Paint Correction

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all,

As the weather has gotten better now, I need a recommendation for a trustworthy paint correction shop somewhere in the South Bay Area, but would be willing to drop off/pick up a bit further if it's worth it for my dark blue 2007 B7 S4 Cabriolet .

The paint has plenty of swirls, a few scratches and a ding in the hood. It looks like it's been washed in car wash the past 10 years and never got any special treatment apart from a recent wax job. Luckily no clear coat peeling or dull headlights, as the car is from the east coast.

Since it's the first time for me, what's a reasonable price tag for such a job? Or a range...

Thanks a lot!!
    Robert

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Check out Dynamic Detail in San Jose near the airport. They do great work but they are pricey!
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, S-Tronic, Sports Diff, Tech Pkg, Carbon Atlas, B&O, Stance SC-1 19x9.5 et35 w/ PSS, Bilstein PSS10, CTS Turbo Intake, 034 Trans Mount, M'Autolite LED Fogs, RS4 Grille, Ecodes, Dinan Exhaust

Established Member Two Rings KunzeRob's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
    Check out Dynamic Detail in San Jose near the airport. They do great work but they are pricey!
    Thanks Gusman, do you know which order of magnitude I have to expect there?

Sent from my iPad using Audizine

AZ Member #

Also try detail addict in Santa Clara. They do a great job and they sell many of their own products. they also offer classes. they measure your paints thickness before paint correction so they know which type of polish compound to use. Great people to work with.
    2010 A6 C6.5 3.0T, Remus Mufflers w/ Quad tips, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, 034 Modified Throttle Body Inlet Hose, Gutted Airbox w/ AFE Pro Dry S Filter, Chipwerke Pro, Verde Axis V99 20x9 Plastidipped Burnt Copper Pearl, Yokohama S.Drive XL 255/30, Bilstein P14 PSS Coilover, H&R Rear Sway Bar, RS6 Black Gloss Grill, Rear diffuser, Black Vinly window trim, Smoked Rear Tailights, Complete Interior LED Lights, Blacked out front sidemarkers, Morimoto 5000k D3S bulbs.

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by KunzeRob View Post
    Thanks Gusman, do you know which order of magnitude I have to expect there?

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    I just took my car there Saturday for ceramic pro coating. If you are on IG check them out, they post a lot of pictures of transformations on black cars. They work on normal cars up to exotics.
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, S-Tronic, Sports Diff, Tech Pkg, Carbon Atlas, B&O, Stance SC-1 19x9.5 et35 w/ PSS, Bilstein PSS10, CTS Turbo Intake, 034 Trans Mount, M'Autolite LED Fogs, RS4 Grille, Ecodes, Dinan Exhaust

Veteran Member Four Rings CoreyRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dluxxx View Post
    Also try detail addict in Santa Clara. They do a great job and they sell many of their own products. they also offer classes. they measure your paints thickness before paint correction so they know which type of polish compound to use. Great people to work with.
    I went to detail addict for paint correction and to talk general detailing...they were very nice, but tight-lipped about any recommendations for me to improve my own detailing. They actually talked me out of paint correction for whatever reason.

After a detail and winter prep the car looked great, but I can get 95% of those results in a couple hours in my driveway...and a lot less money.