Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings zcd2.7t's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Morales View Post
    ...Hellcats supposedly dyno in the 630 rwhp range stock. That should be good for 10.8@128 with a strong bite as I would estimate that is where I am power-wise in my 4500 lb tank.
    Funny you should mention that - my buddy's dynoed at 657 rwhp when brand new (900 miles) - strongest stock Hellcat the dyno shop had seen at that point. That's part of why he runs 10.8s...
    2013 S6, Glacier White over Black.
    "If you have the means and don't buy this car, we cannot be friends." - R&T
    2015 Q5 TDi - Torque, baby!
    (Gone, never forgotten) 2011 S4 Prestige S-tronic wSTaSIS stuff

Senior Member Four Rings AudiS4B8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zcd2.7t View Post
    Funny you should mention that - my buddy's dynoed at 657 rwhp when brand new (900 miles) - strongest stock Hellcat the dyno shop had seen at that point. That's part of why he runs 10.8s...
    street tires?
    Mickey

2017 Nardo Grey S6; APR Stage 3; RS Turbos; AMS Downpipes; AMS Cooling System; MRC Carbon Inlets; Eventuri Intake; Cete Lowering Module; Alu Kreuz; Eurocode Sways and Endlinks; Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors; Full Suntek PPF

- Stock figures: 12.24 @ 111.8mph; DA +1545; 13mph headwind; 327awhp/335awtq
    - Stage 1: 390awhp/494awtq
    - Instagram: ze_nardo6

Veteran Member Three Rings Omnipotent's Avatar
    AZ Member #

For that matter, I'll say I have been unimpressed with the legendary C7 Z06 as well. They run low 11s in the normal conditions I've seen them in (including the time I put a bus length on one with my S8)
    A bone stock, (RWD), from the factory car, running low 11's is not impressive?? I am in no way an American car fanboy. But having a C7 Z06 in my garage... I can tell you, the out of the box performance is impressive!
    2013 A7 - Stage 2 - Gone

2018 S7 - Tornado Grey/Arras red - ordered 7/20/17

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AudiS4B8 View Post
    street tires?
    305 section width street legal drag radials, so "kinda".

He drives to the track and back on them, but obviously doesn't DD them...

Senior Member Three Rings cobrario's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T, 2016 Tacoma Sport Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    A bone stock, (RWD), from the factory car, running low 11's is not impressive?? I am in no way an American car fanboy. But having a C7 Z06 in my garage... I can tell you, the out of the box performance is impressive!
    Of course they're both impressive, relative to what one could buy 10/20 years ago they're all light years ahead, there has never been a better era to be a gear head. That said, we're all 4Rings guys/girls (maybe) here so none of us are likely to think another car is more impressive than Audi's flagship sedan. My last justification for the RS is that despite being rated at 100+ HP less and giving up 130+ CI to both the Z06 (and weighing about 1/2 ton more than this one) and Hellcat, neither would want any part of the RS in a "true" street race.
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Suntek, CQFinest, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, AWE S-Flo 2.0, MRC CF Inlets, APR DP's, APR Stage 2 back on 93
    Stock: 11.212@ 122.81
    APR I on GT260+: 10.40 @ 131.65 980DA
    APR II on GT260+: TBA
    IG cobrario_rs7

4Ring cars gone but not forgotten: '14 S4 Revo 1+ & DSG, OZ Ultraleggera, PSS, Injen, Stoptech, Akebono

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cobrario View Post
    Of course they're both impressive, relative to what one could buy 10/20 years ago they're all light years ahead, there has never been a better era to be a gear head. That said, we're all 4Rings guys/girls (maybe) here so none of us are likely to think another car is more impressive than Audi's flagship sedan. My last justification for the RS is that despite being rated at 100+ HP less and giving up 130+ CI to both the Z06 (and weighing about 1/2 ton more than this one) and Hellcat, neither would want any part of the RS in a "true" street race.
    Of course. Vorsprung durch Technik all the way!

A roll race between the RS7 the Z06 would be interesting...
    2013 A7 - Stage 2 - Gone

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I don't mean to say that. Yes, low 11s is impressive. It does well. But the car's been built up on the internet as a mid-10 second monster, and relative to that I have been unimpressed by my real world encounters with the car. That's all I meant to say. Didn't mean to dog on your car as with very little mods it would whoop up on my car.

Of course. Vorsprung durch Technik all the way!

A roll race between the RS7 the Z06 would be interesting...
    I'm sure the Z06 would pull, stock for stock. Some unflattering videos were posted in 2015 noting mods on the RS7s but conspicuously not on the Z06 (though without a doubt the Z06 had to be modded). Misleading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAi799tlyJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7bmB-q6l-0
    Black 2013 S8 - APR Stage 2 Tune and Downpipes - Custom Dual 3" Mandrel Bent Exhaust - Ebay Intake Filters - Michelin 285/35/21 PSS

100 Octane - 10.78@129.12 (1.75 60ft)

New time forthcoming with new mods: 104 tune, USP intakes, and VS Forged monoblock wheels

AZ Member #

305 section width street legal drag radials, so "kinda".

He drives to the track and back on them, but obviously doesn't DD them...
    I get the "kinda" as I ran DRs on my Saleen and could drive them on the street.

But even though we see more and more streetable drag radials, DRs, no matter how streetable, are not street tires. If you have drag radials on the car, you're running drag radials. No hellcat is running 10s on any kind of street tire from what I've seen
    Mickey

2017 Nardo Grey S6; APR Stage 3; RS Turbos; AMS Downpipes; AMS Cooling System; MRC Carbon Inlets; Eventuri Intake; Cete Lowering Module; Alu Kreuz; Eurocode Sways and Endlinks; Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors; Full Suntek PPF

AZ Member #

Super impressive in itself but not so much when the car was made out to be ripping mid 10s from the factory.

I came from american muscle so I get the appeal but I'm with Chris, the new Z06 has under-performed from expectations
    Mickey

AZ Member #

I don't mean to say that. Yes, low 11s is impressive. It does well. But the car's been built up on the internet as a mid-10 second monster, and relative to that I have been unimpressed by my real world encounters with the car. That's all I meant to say. Didn't mean to dog on your car as with very little mods it would whoop up on my car.

I'm sure the Z06 would pull, stock for stock. Some unflattering videos were posted in 2015 noting mods on the RS7s but conspicuously not on the Z06 (though without a doubt the Z06 had to be modded). Misleading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAi799tlyJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7bmB-q6l-0
    Yep, I hear ya. YouTube videos mean squat!

Quote Originally Posted by AudiS4B8 View Post
    Super impressive in itself but not so much when the car was made out to be ripping mid 10s from the factory.

I came from american muscle so I get the appeal but I'm with Chris, the new Z06 has under-performed from expectations
    Yeah, but it's still got enough power to put an "oh shit this car is fast" look on your face!

But of course, the RS7 is a feat of amazement! An almost 4500lb executive Saloon that can put up the numbers it does... is nothing short of astonishing!
    2013 A7 - Stage 2 - Gone

AZ Member #

Yeah, but it's still got enough power to put an "oh shit this car is fast" look on your face!
    Oh god yes. A friend had one (recently sold it) and it was STRONG. I just dislike corvettes despite their obvious bang for the buck
    Mickey

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Found this from Australian Auto site - some evidence base on the trap (if they're using trap or just a pbox for speed) that the performance may be faster.

https://youtu.be/nQO29DLTlj4
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Suntek, CQFinest, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, AWE S-Flo 2.0, MRC CF Inlets, APR DP's, APR Stage 2 back on 93
    IG cobrario_rs7

4Ring cars gone but not forgotten: '14 S4 Revo 1+ & DSG, OZ Ultraleggera, PSS, Injen, Stoptech, Akebono

AZ Member #

AZ Member #
    My Garage

seems that way but again, I ran 11.21 with a trap of 123 (which would likely be the same 125 on a pbox or whatever the magazines use for 0-60 and 0-100 etc...). We need someone on here to runs theirs please I'm begging you to close this door once and for ever
    IG cobrario_rs7

AZ Member #

seems that way...We need someone on here to runs theirs please...
    Knew you would be first to respond, and knew exactly what you were gonna say...

May not actually need to be said, but: Both cars were tested by the same publication, using the same testing procedures, and the documented performance increase is as clear as it could be. It's also just about what you might expect from some 70-odd (lyin' Audi, again...) extra horsepower, so - case is closed. (as if it will ever be...)

Established Member Three Rings limeypride's Avatar
    AZ Member #

seems that way but again, I ran 11.21 with a trap of 123 (which would likely be the same 125 on a pbox or whatever the magazines use for 0-60 and 0-100 etc...). We need someone on here to runs theirs please I'm begging you to close this door once and for ever
    Now why would I do that when this speculation and ongoing discussion is far more entertaining .

Joking aside: if we assume that any two given Audi RS 7 Prestiges run similar times... and we then add a third into the mix with enough additional factory-quoted horsepower and torque to make a tangible dent, it seems reasonable to assume it's going to be just a little bit faster which is what the rags seem to be supporting.

The only useful data I have for now is the GPS-measured (Solo box) 0-60 and 0-100 runs both of which, after many more additional attempts and adjustments to determine optimal car setup, better the Car and Driver numbers. I'm taking the car to Vegas in a few weeks and I might well have the chance to run it there assuming the weather holds... fingers' crossed. For completeness, 0-60 is at 3.11 (managed that three times) and 0-100 in 7.1 seconds which I strangely seem to hit most of the time (even when the 0-60s of that same run were slower... can't fathom that one).

// EDIT: by the way, the optimal setup is not dynamic mode--I lose at least 2 tenths on the 0-60s in that mode. Instead, it's individual with everything cranked up to 11 except dampers and steering (the latter 'cause I'm a wuss).
    2017 /RS 7 Performance in Mythos Black metallic, Audi exclusive Titanium edition w/ Akrapovic exhaust, APR stage 2 (w/o downpipes), Vertini RF1.3 20" rims in Black Tint w/ Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 295/30/20s square, carbon-fiber shift-paddle overlays & an S-line leather shifter w/ matching red stitching (to be specific) in order to remove the stock RS7 disco-ball from my cockpit

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
    Now why would I do that when this speculation and ongoing discussion is far more entertaining ...
    LOL - right?

Serious question, though - I've read from multiple sources (including this C&D test) that DRC-equipped cars ride very poorly. What's your experience/opinion?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Knew you would be first to respond, and knew exactly what you were gonna say...

May not actually need to be said, but: Both cars were tested by the same publication, using the same testing procedures, and the documented performance increase is as clear as it could be. It's also just about what you might expect from some 70-odd (lyin' Audi, again...) extra horsepower, so - case is closed. (as if it will ever be...)
    what can I say, I'm forever the skeptic, still want to see the timeslips

Now why would I do that when this speculation and ongoing discussion is far more entertaining .

Joking aside: if we assume that any two given Audi RS 7 Prestiges run similar times... and we then add a third into the mix with enough additional factory-quoted horsepower and torque to make a tangible dent, it seems reasonable to assume it's going to be just a little bit faster which is what the rags seem to be supporting.

The only useful data I have for now is the GPS-measured (Solo box) 0-60 and 0-100 runs both of which, after many more additional attempts and adjustments to determine optimal car setup, better the Car and Driver numbers. I'm taking the car to Vegas in a few weeks and I might well have the chance to run it there assuming the weather holds... fingers' crossed. For completeness, 0-60 is at 3.11 (managed that three times) and 0-100 in 7.1 seconds which I strangely seem to hit most of the time (even when the 0-60s of that same run were slower... can't fathom that one).

// EDIT: by the way, the optimal setup is not dynamic mode--I lose at least 2 tenths on the 0-60s in that mode. Instead, it's individual with everything cranked up to 11 except dampers and steering (the latter 'cause I'm a wuss).
    I wouldn't track it in Vegas, slow track 2000 ft elevation probably won't give us a good comparison.
    IG cobrario_rs7

AZ Member #

LOL - right?

Serious question, though - I've read from multiple sources (including this C&D test) that DRC-equipped cars ride very poorly. What's your experience/opinion?
    In comfort mode, I think it's just fine... but I've not had enough experience with RS 7's fitted with air suspension so I can't really contrast the two. My wife's driven it and she chose a Ford Explorer over an X5M because of ride quality; she finds the RS 7 fine, too, in comfort mode (which, as far as she's concerned, is the only mode it has). Compared to my last car, a BMW M6 Gran Coupe, there's not much in it for day-to-day driving comfort. In dynamic mode, Audi's DRC is rigid--really, really rigid... which is good for b#lls out racing/cornering but not much else. My guess is you could strap a 6-year old's go cart to the back of my car when in dynamic mode and it'd ride more smoothly than what's pulling it. But again, I'll still grab dynamic mode when I'm pushing the limits of traction.
    2017 /RS 7 Performance in Mythos Black metallic, Audi exclusive Titanium edition w/ Akrapovic exhaust, APR stage 2 (w/o downpipes), Vertini RF1.3 20" rims in Black Tint w/ Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 295/30/20s square, carbon-fiber shift-paddle overlays & an S-line leather shifter w/ matching red stitching (to be specific) in order to remove the stock RS7 disco-ball from my cockpit

AZ Member #

what can I say, I'm forever the skeptic, still want to see the timeslips

I wouldn't track it in Vegas, slow track 2000 ft elevation probably won't give us a good comparison.
    Nod, agreed on the elevation... definitely sub-par conditions. But if it's still faster... then we have our answer. If not, I can blame the altitude and lack of air . Win win for me...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Nod, agreed on the elevation... definitely sub-par conditions. But if it's still faster... then we have our answer. If not, I can blame the altitude and lack of air . Win win for me...
    I like your logic! You must be a lawyer
    IG cobrario_rs7

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1970 LS5 Corvette - NCRS Top Flite

For what it's worth a year or so ago Car & Driver tested an APR Stage 1 RS 7 that ran 11.0 in the quarter. Forget the trap speed.
    2017 S6 APR Stage 1. Audis past include '14 S5(APR Stage 1 and intake) '06 S4, '01 A6 2.7 T(GIAC "chip") and
    '84 4000 S Quattro.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Melsan View Post
    For what it's worth a year or so ago Car & Driver tested an APR Stage 1 RS 7 that ran 11.0 in the quarter. Forget the trap speed.
    Trap was 129 on 93 octane.

Established Member Three Rings RSLRS71's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    WK1 and WK2 SRT8 Jeep

Motor Trend seems to be working on a test comparing the RS7 Performance to the Charger Hellcat - not sure when that test will drop, but it's likely to answer this question.

They've already hinted is that the RS7P is quicker in the 1/4 mile...
    this would be my assumption...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    WK1 and WK2 SRT8 Jeep

LOL - right?

ride poorly?? believe this is subjective more than anything.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Having had a C7 ZO6, I can tell you that stock vs stock on the street and from a standing start an RS7 performance should have the edge. It's unlikely even a hero run would produce an even result, just not enough traction even with 335s out back. From a roll I would expect the Z06 to pull slightly until it starts to overheat. (Not joking, if it's your 3rd run and it's a warm day expect the car to start pulling power) On a drag strip, hypothetically, the ZO6 has the ability to beat the RS7 performance. The reality is that you would need an absolute hero run in the ZO6 to pull it off. The launch control in the ZO6 doesn't really work... at all... But if you're really good at traction sensing and can feed in the throttle super fast without excessive wheelspin that car freaking FLYS. Traction is always a problem, even on a prepared surface. I wish I still had mine in addition to my Audi. If I still had it, I would be happy to show you all what I mean. All in all, great car though.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scyYfbL5P9w Skip forward to about 16:50 - these Mags can't ever seem to get an RS7 below 11.50 in the 1/4, but either this one was a real dog or they were running at altitude because its trap speed is well below what my non-P trapped at 1700 ft DA. Either way, this test seems to indicate there is no difference since most other mags show 11.50 for the 2014 etc...Non-P RS7.

We'll never know unless we can finally get one of our P owning brothers to the track to give us a real world timeslip
    IG cobrario_rs7

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Q7

RS7 Performance really faster than a standard RS7 Prestige?

[url]
    We'll never know unless we can finally get one of our P owning brothers to the track to give us a real world timeslip
    There's a chance I could make it to the track tomorrow with my RS7 Performance (not yet tuned). However, there are a couple of issues that might alter the results. First of all I've never been to the track before, and never run an official 1/4 mile. Second, we are running at altitude here in Utah the track is at 4400 feet. Also, I need to figure out where to borrow a helmet. And if we're just trying to get baseline numbers for an RS7 performance what kind of fuel would I run? All I've ever put in it is regular premium pump fuel. 91 octane is the highest the pumps carry in Utah at our altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilvaDolla View Post
    There's a chance I could make it to the track tomorrow with my RS7 Performance (not yet tuned). However, there are a couple of issues that might alter the results. First of all I've never been to the track before, and never run an official 1/4 mile. Second, we are running at altitude here in Utah the track is at 4400 feet. Also, I need to figure out where to borrow a helmet. And if we're just trying to get baseline numbers for an RS7 performance what kind of fuel would I run? All I've ever put in it is regular premium pump fuel. 91 octane is the highest the pumps carry in Utah at our altitude.

Hmm- you're at a little bit of a disadvantage there- we can correct for altitude but the fuel will be a bummer. Can you get race gas -104 or 100 you can mix?- even on stock tune that will help. Any Snell 2010/2015 motorcycle helmet will qualify and heck if you tell them you have no idea what the car runs you may get to make the first pass without one. I've seen video of a stock RS running 11.80's at Bandimere and that's 5749ft so you should best that. Message me if you need pointers or any help what to do- you'll love it, where are you going to RMR?
    IG cobrario_rs7

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Q7

Yes - if I go it will be at Rocky Mountain Raceways. I can look into race gas - I've just never used it before

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Q7

It's not looking good for tomorrow I can't get anyone to cover me at work. I'm not sure how much longer I can go before I get it tuned. Hopefully I can make it out to the track and test it stock before either the weather gets too warm, or I get it tuned.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    WK1 and WK2 SRT8 Jeep

definitely more than just brakes and the DSC ;) but since im modded now, can't really help you out with the stock times.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes - if I go it will be at Rocky Mountain Raceways. I can look into race gas - I've just never used it before

Not sure where there is race gas in UT butif you're in the Denver Metro I can help you out with 100 or 104.
    2017 RSL RS7 (1 of 3 stateside)
    Mods:
    Current: APR Stage II w/ HF DPs and KW H.A.S kit , Rotiform 3 piece SPF 21x10.5 wheels, Tag Motorsports Side marker delete and Badge blackout, ...
    Next: looking to be the quickest RS7! ;)

AZ Member #

The heat and altitude destroyed my RS7's feel when I was in Vegas last weekend (80s and up @~4,000ft) so before taking it to the track, I decided to time a few WOT 60-120mph (on a private road, of course) and some 0-60s. The WOT pulls felt sluggish (and that's a compliment) and the 0-60s were down a full 0.4 seconds on that crap 91octane pump fuel so I gave up even taking it to the track. I did, however, enjoy hitting questionably legal speeds through the desert but the side winds were too strong to push it to the limit... bummer.

Established Member Two Rings m4xm1l10n's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Who's around Atlanta GA with a RS7 S2 preferable ? And likes to play around vs my GTR ?
    Fun friendly runs for the sake of curiosity :)
    14 D4 S8
    11.681 @ 118.37 Bone stock +1700ft DA 78* 285/35/21 MPSS
    10.911 @ 127.37 1.745 60' APR S1 2200ft DA 94* GT260

15 GTR
    10.28 @ 133.59 / 1.52 60' 3200+ft DA 90* 18" NT05r
    10.32 @135.88 / 1.62 60' 1700+ft DA 68* 20" MPSS
    10.48 @ 131.92 / 1.57 60' 2300+ft DA 78* 18" NT05r Pump Gas

Established Member Two Rings Friendofcoal's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Range Rover TDI, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Triumph TR6

Will be getting my Performance model in within a couple of weeks... I'll test out the 1/4 mile, however it'll be at Bristol Motor Speedway (Tennessee), where the elevation is upwards to 2k. Although, there is another standard RS7 that usually makes a few runs so it'll give a good comparison if he shows up!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Friendofcoal View Post
    Will be getting my Performance model in within a couple of weeks... I'll test out the 1/4 mile, however it'll be at Bristol Motor Speedway (Tennessee), where the elevation is upwards to 2k. Although, there is another standard RS7 that usually makes a few runs so it'll give a good comparison if he shows up!
    perfect! look forward to your results
    IG cobrario_rs7

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by m4xm1l10n View Post
    Who's around Atlanta GA with a RS7 S2 preferable ? And likes to play around vs my GTR ?
    Fun friendly runs for the sake of curiosity :)
    That would be an awesome race. Need video if it happens. You may have seen this infamous race on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TUDovgbzaU
    Black 2013 S8 - APR Stage 2 Tune and Downpipes - Custom Dual 3" Mandrel Bent Exhaust - Ebay Intake Filters - Michelin 285/35/21 PSS

100 Octane - 10.78@129.12 (1.75 60ft)

New time forthcoming with new mods: 104 tune, USP intakes, and VS Forged monoblock wheels

AZ Member #

I'm having a good day--that's twice my particular RS7 model has *perhaps* earned her $$$ // if you follow this forum, you'll understand my elation

So perhaps the Performance model + APR does have something just a little 'more' to offer -->

... these were the conditions (taken just after the run) -->

Joking aside, this is statistically insignificant for various reasons (not reproduced as yet; new unproven device; lucky one-off, etc.) but, for one, it's fun to hope and two, DAYYYEMMMMM! The APR tune was @93 octane on 92 octane pump-gas. The road surface was very warm as were the tires and the evening cool-down was rapid so I took her out for a quick run... perfect conditions to my mind.

I know and agree that this needs to be repeatable and, more so, *track proven* but until then... nur nur nee nur nur

AZ Member #

I'm having a good day--that's twice my particular RS7 model has *perhaps* earned her $$$ // if you follow this forum, you'll understand my elation

So perhaps the Performance model + APR does have something just a little 'more' to offer -->

... these were the conditions (taken just after the run) -->

Joking aside, this is statistically insignificant for various reasons (not reproduced as yet; new unproven device; lucky one-off, etc.) but, for one, it's fun to hope and two, DAYYYEMMMMM! The APR tune was @93 octane on 92 octane pump-gas. The road surface was very warm as were the tires and the evening cool-down was rapid so I took her out for a quick run... perfect conditions to my mind.

I know and agree that this needs to be repeatable and, more so, *track proven* but until then... nur nur nee nur nur
    I really like this forum! Nicely done.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gta7 View Post
    I really like this forum! Nicely done.
    My post aside: me too... well said! It has a real "community" feel to it... and I'm very, very new here but, even so, my feelings are more than well-founded.

So that said and building on gta7's opening line... thanks, guys--the help, enthusiasm and willingness to entertain light-hearted digs as well as the friendly competition has been greatly appreciated.