Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Refurb of 19" 5-spoke Segment Design Alloys (Peelers)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all. I am in South Africa and drive a 2015 A4 2.0 TDi Sport Edition Plus. It came with the Peeler rims and I kerbed one of them. I am looking to get them all refurbished in the original finish.
    I have found out the paint code for the wheel (part number 8K0601025AK) is 1H7. I need to know if this wheel is "hyper silver" as I have read that the process for this colour takes longer and is a bit more expensive.
    Apparently you get a light and a dark hyper silver (using light or dark base coats finished with light powder coats and clear).

If it is hyper silver then the repairer would need to quote accordingly as I am doing it through insurance.
    If its just a matter of getting the paint code 1H7 and applying straight on without the 3-stage lengthy process for hyper silver then it would be cheaper and the repairer would need to quote as such.

My questions are... Is this hyper silver? With a light or dark base? If i buy the paint is it just a straight application or would i also need to get the light or dark base coat as well if this wheel is hyper silver?
    I dont understand the repair and spraying process so excuse me if anything didnt make sense. There are so many silvers and processes and finishes. All i need is the exact spec to restore to original.

Thanks in advance for your help!

20160127_110331.jpg

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

For anyone looking for an answer.. I took it to a reputable repairer and they confirmed it's light hyper silver and a simple touch up would not work. It needs to go through the lengthy process. Hoping to have it done next week.