I took a vacation day today to perform a few general maintenance items on the B6. It didn't take as long as expected so i decided to play around a little with my Unisettings just to see what would happen. I turned the Channel 9 Ignition Timing Additive Offset up 5 clicks. Each click equals .75° so the total increase was 3.75°. I wasn't expecting anything dramatic.
I got the engine up to temperature and did a hard 2nd gear pull. My butt dyno said "Holy Shit!!" I was monitoring my MAF g/s with TorquePro by placing my cellphone in the cupholder. A quick glance showed 235 g/s. Using a .8 conversion factor from g/s to chp indicates 294 chp. It really caught me off guard. I wasn't monitoring anything else like the A/F ratio or the CF's so I immediately set it back to where it was originally.
I might play with it a little more this weekend and do a full log with the Motoza logging function to make sure I'm not doing something really stupid. Actually doing anything at all is probably really stupid since it's a high mileage daily driver that I would like to run another year or so before replacing it. But dayum, it sure felt nice!!