Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    395854
    Location
    Hampton,VA

    Transmission Service

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking to do a transmission service on my A4 and I can't find any how to videos. I just recently purchased the car, Audi doesn't know if a trans. fluid change was done at all. I'm almost at 70k and they recommend a transmission service of changing the fluid and dropping the pan and cleaning the filter. Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.



    Sent from my iPhone

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings MacFady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2011
    AZ Member #
    79540
    My Garage
    330i ZHP
    Location
    Prince Edward Island

    I guess we should start at which transmission do you have? Not sure how far you looked for instructions but here is a DIY right from this site if you have a manual tranny.

  3. #3
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    395854
    Location
    Hampton,VA

    It's an automatic trans. On the 2.0 base model. @macfady


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings MacFady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2011
    AZ Member #
    79540
    My Garage
    330i ZHP
    Location
    Prince Edward Island

    This will give you a basic idea of what you need to know. The Blauparts kit I ordered for my B6 came with more detailed instructions within, their kits also include extra hardware, a fluid pump and hose, etc. You'll need VAGCOM or some other method to measure fluid temps in the transmission as it is only filled to the appropriate level when overflowing within a specified temperature range.

  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 22 2014
    AZ Member #
    277106
    My Garage
    2009 Chevy Silverado, 2011 Yamaha FZ8, 1982 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim
    Location
    United States

    I am planning on doing the transmission filter when it warms up some more, but haven't looked too much into it. To remove the pan in the B8 I believe you need to remove the crossbrace underneath it. I just haven't found out if any of the kits include those bolts or if they can be re-used. Does anyone know that for sure? Also the torque on the fill and drain in the MT version was more of a guess in the DIY so if anyone has that for sure it would be much appreciated!

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings Zach L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 23 2010
    AZ Member #
    55071
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamville View Post
    It's an automatic trans. On the 2.0 base model. @macfady
    Try harder. This is still not enough information.

    What year? Is it FWD or Quattro? Yes, they have different transmissions.
    Daily Driver: B8 A4 Quattro 6MT, Aruba Blue on Black, Premium Plus, Sport Package, Bang & Olufsen
    Current Projects: 2006 VW GTI 2.0T 6MT 1997 VW Golf 1982 VW Rabbit Diesel 1972 VW Bay Window Bus

  7. #7
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    395854
    Location
    Hampton,VA

    So it's a 2010 Audi A4 2.0 FWD, 66k mileage, Audi isn't sure if the Trans was ever serviced before. WAUAFAFL1AN034444 vin for more info


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Three Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 21 2012
    AZ Member #
    102672
    Location
    Earth...

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamville View Post
    So it's a 2010 Audi A4 2.0 FWD, 66k mileage, Audi isn't sure if the Trans was ever serviced before. WAUAFAFL1AN034444 vin for more info


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    You need approx 7l oil(oem G052516A2) , no need to replace inner filter(only after repair) , you may replace outer filter(your choise)!

    http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a5/...d_filling_atf/
    FL taillights retrofit/Interior leds/Number plate leds/Fog grills with chrome rings/Sideskirts/Bixenon retrofit/MMI 3G High retrofit/ECU tune/VCDS mod/FL gearknob/18" wsp wheels "peelers" style/Color DIS retrofit/Soundproofing/Interior 6D carbon wrap/Rieger look front bumper valance/Added B/O tweeters+Activsub/ADS Limited with switch retrofit/Efficiency program added via cluster and gateway flash/FL S5 Cluster look + trim bits, A8 2010+ analog clock in process

  9. #9
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    395854
    Location
    Hampton,VA

    So is this kit fine? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../0aw301519ckt/


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  10. #10
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 17 2015
    AZ Member #
    349632
    Location
    Michigan/Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I am planning on doing the transmission filter when it warms up some more, but haven't looked too much into it. To remove the pan in the B8 I believe you need to remove the crossbrace underneath it. I just haven't found out if any of the kits include those bolts or if they can be re-used. Does anyone know that for sure? Also the torque on the fill and drain in the MT version was more of a guess in the DIY so if anyone has that for sure it would be much appreciated!
    Is this crossbrace the part that is replaced by the Alu Kruz?

    If yes, I believe the bolts should be replaced.

    Does anyone have the torque spec on these? I imagine it is quite high if the bolts stretch.

    Do you think Eurocode's hardware kit can be used on the stock brace, after transmission service?
    https://www.ecodetuning.com/eurocode...s5-q5-rs5.html

    Keep in mind Eurocode has different hardware for the B8.5.

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Four Rings jfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 17 2010
    AZ Member #
    67149
    Location
    Pemberton, BC, Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    Is this crossbrace the part that is replaced by the Alu Kruz?

    If yes, I believe the bolts should be replaced.

    Does anyone have the torque spec on these? I imagine it is quite high if the bolts stretch.

    Do you think Eurocode's hardware kit can be used on the stock brace, after transmission service?
    https://www.ecodetuning.com/eurocode...s5-q5-rs5.html

    Keep in mind Eurocode has different hardware for the B8.5.
    It refers to the tunnel crossmember that supports the trans. The bolts are torqued to 70nm and can be reused. The trans will need to be supported by an appropriate jack.
    2011 A4 Avant quattro tiptronic/ Eurocode Sway Bars, End Links, Alu Kreuz/ 034 Catch Can/ Various VagCom

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.