Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Transmission Service

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking to do a transmission service on my A4 and I can't find any how to videos. I just recently purchased the car, Audi doesn't know if a trans. fluid change was done at all. I'm almost at 70k and they recommend a transmission service of changing the fluid and dropping the pan and cleaning the filter. Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

Veteran Member Four Rings MacFady's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    330i ZHP

I guess we should start at which transmission do you have? Not sure how far you looked for instructions but here is a DIY right from this site if you have a manual tranny.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

It's an automatic trans. On the 2.0 base model. @macfady

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings MacFady's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    330i ZHP

This will give you a basic idea of what you need to know. The Blauparts kit I ordered for my B6 came with more detailed instructions within, their kits also include extra hardware, a fluid pump and hose, etc. You'll need VAGCOM or some other method to measure fluid temps in the transmission as it is only filled to the appropriate level when overflowing within a specified temperature range.

Established Member Two Rings Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 Chevy Silverado, 2011 Yamaha FZ8, 1982 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim

I am planning on doing the transmission filter when it warms up some more, but haven't looked too much into it. To remove the pan in the B8 I believe you need to remove the crossbrace underneath it. I just haven't found out if any of the kits include those bolts or if they can be re-used. Does anyone know that for sure? Also the torque on the fill and drain in the MT version was more of a guess in the DIY so if anyone has that for sure it would be much appreciated!

Veteran Member Four Rings Zach L's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dreamville View Post
    It's an automatic trans. On the 2.0 base model. @macfady
    Try harder. This is still not enough information.

What year? Is it FWD or Quattro? Yes, they have different transmissions.
    Daily Driver: B8 A4 Quattro 6MT, Aruba Blue on Black, Premium Plus, Sport Package, Bang & Olufsen
    Current Projects: 2006 VW GTI 2.0T 6MT 1997 VW Golf 1982 VW Rabbit Diesel 1972 VW Bay Window Bus

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

So it's a 2010 Audi A4 2.0 FWD, 66k mileage, Audi isn't sure if the Trans was ever serviced before. WAUAFAFL1AN034444 vin for more info

Veteran Member Three Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dreamville View Post
    So it's a 2010 Audi A4 2.0 FWD, 66k mileage, Audi isn't sure if the Trans was ever serviced before. WAUAFAFL1AN034444 vin for more info

You need approx 7l oil(oem G052516A2) , no need to replace inner filter(only after repair) , you may replace outer filter(your choise)!

http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a5/...d_filling_atf/
    FL taillights retrofit/Interior leds/Number plate leds/Fog grills with chrome rings/Sideskirts/Bixenon retrofit/MMI 3G High retrofit/ECU tune/VCDS mod/FL gearknob/18" wsp wheels "peelers" style/Color DIS retrofit/Soundproofing/Interior 6D carbon wrap/Rieger look front bumper valance/Added B/O tweeters+Activsub/ADS Limited with switch retrofit/Efficiency program added via cluster and gateway flash/FL S5 Cluster look + trim bits, A8 2010+ analog clock in process

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

So is this kit fine? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../0aw301519ckt/

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I am planning on doing the transmission filter when it warms up some more, but haven't looked too much into it. To remove the pan in the B8 I believe you need to remove the crossbrace underneath it. I just haven't found out if any of the kits include those bolts or if they can be re-used. Does anyone know that for sure? Also the torque on the fill and drain in the MT version was more of a guess in the DIY so if anyone has that for sure it would be much appreciated!
    Is this crossbrace the part that is replaced by the Alu Kruz?

If yes, I believe the bolts should be replaced.

Does anyone have the torque spec on these? I imagine it is quite high if the bolts stretch.

Do you think Eurocode's hardware kit can be used on the stock brace, after transmission service?
    https://www.ecodetuning.com/eurocode...s5-q5-rs5.html

Keep in mind Eurocode has different hardware for the B8.5.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    Is this crossbrace the part that is replaced by the Alu Kruz?

If yes, I believe the bolts should be replaced.

Does anyone have the torque spec on these? I imagine it is quite high if the bolts stretch.

Do you think Eurocode's hardware kit can be used on the stock brace, after transmission service?
    https://www.ecodetuning.com/eurocode...s5-q5-rs5.html

Keep in mind Eurocode has different hardware for the B8.5.
    It refers to the tunnel crossmember that supports the trans. The bolts are torqued to 70nm and can be reused. The trans will need to be supported by an appropriate jack.
    2011 A4 Avant quattro tiptronic/ Eurocode Sway Bars, End Links, Alu Kreuz/ 034 Catch Can/ Various VagCom