Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    Women's Fingernail damage

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So woman with long finger nails prison shanking your interior.

    So my S4 has these little nicks anywhere fingers would reach for things. Like the door handle. So buttons I can try and find and replace but plastic inserts behind the door handles might be harder. Any ideas on ways to repair these? Are they available or do need whole door cards?

    Also I think my headlight switch may have owed her some cigarettes

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 07 2012
    AZ Member #
    100064
    Location
    Tampa, FL

    Lol get some pics. If they are just on the surface, you can try cleaning them a bit with some simple green or light buffing with plastx. If you can feel the scratches with your fingers, you may be sol and need new inserts. I think you can also sand them down and paint them with plastidip or similar paint and make them look like new. Poor headlight switch. Was the previous owner Cruella Deville by chance?

  3. #3
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    377955
    Location
    colorado

    What color? you could get some epoxy and pigments and mix up and fill.

    Or just convince your self that those marks, dings, small imperfections are OEM and its supposed to look like that.

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    Well ...... plasti dip, I have used the $%×#÷ out of it I didn't even think about it.
    You can barely feel them, sanding and plastic dip it is



    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    The controls might just need to replaced

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    You know it's way worse than the picture shows

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 07 2011
    AZ Member #
    73609
    Location
    Home of the mighty beaver

    And they always @#%@#%^@#%$@#$ deny that they are responsible for it too.

  8. #8
    Established Member Three Rings JustManson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    382924
    Location
    Connecticut

    Your lucky enough to have a women In That seat next you... they don't need to be responsible for it. If my wife who takes the time and effort to have her nails done and look amazing for me happens to scratch the door handle... Oh Well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  9. #9
    Established Member Three Rings JustManson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    382924
    Location
    Connecticut

    I would try plasti dip if it drove me crazy though! Hahaha


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Four Rings zillarob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 16 2010
    AZ Member #
    67118
    My Garage
    2kS4, 84gli, 84caddy dsl
    Location
    WetSide, WA
    Items for Sale

    Maybe you could talk you wife into plastidipping her nails? Seems like that would cover all the bases
    There are only 2 things needed to make an Audi work properly - Duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it should - WD40.

  11. #11
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    Quote Originally Posted by zillarob View Post
    Maybe you could talk you wife into plastidipping her nails? Seems like that would cover all the bases
    That is a great idea

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

  12. #12
    Veteran Member Four Rings wbrunner23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2012
    AZ Member #
    94796
    My Garage
    1955 Johnson QD-16
    Location
    Ashland, OR
    Items for Sale

    Maybe stop picking up hookers?

    kidding - I have nothing of value to contribute, but I laughed when I saw the thread title.

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Three Rings zatch_303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 13 2009
    AZ Member #
    43721
    Location
    Colorado

    This thread is full of win! The car is over 15 years old, never did I think to blame women for the interior wear though.
    // 2001 Volcano Black B5 A4 Avant 1.8TQM - Past
    // 2001.5 Pearl White B5 S4 Sedan 6MT

  14. #14
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    I guess I could blame a guy with long ass Freddy Krueger nails

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Four Rings Zba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05 2009
    AZ Member #
    50303
    Location
    Denver
    Items for Sale



    Or the dude at 1:14 lol

  16. #16
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 10 2013
    AZ Member #
    118720
    Location
    Central WI

    Quote Originally Posted by JustManson View Post
    If my wife who takes the time and effort to have her nails done and look amazing for me happens to scratch the door handle... Oh Well.
    Is there a man, in the history of men, who has ever cared about a woman's manicured nails? Answer -> Nope. A man that cared, probably doesn't really like women.

  17. #17
    Veteran Member Four Rings Tiluleshpingen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    13408
    My Garage
    97 AS4 ,08 A5 MKVI Jetta
    Location
    Land of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by JustManson View Post
    Your lucky enough to have a women In That seat next you... they don't need to be responsible for it. If my wife who takes the time and effort to have her nails done and look amazing for me happens to scratch the door handle... Oh Well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    i think you're just whipped? cant believe am hearing this from a grown ass man!
    Hold women accountable for what every they do! Stop treating them as little kids.. who knows she might actually open your legs for you.. for free!
    GIAC-X, STASIS TS,VAST,034 MS

  18. #18
    Veteran Member Four Rings Tiluleshpingen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    13408
    My Garage
    97 AS4 ,08 A5 MKVI Jetta
    Location
    Land of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by sb_gli View Post
    Is there a man, in the history of men, who has ever cared about a woman's manicured nails? Answer -> Nope. A man that cared, probably doesn't really like women.
    actually I care FOR my own enjoyment BUT if she didnt wouldn't change a thing.. .anyyywayyy OP make her pay for it somehow
    GIAC-X, STASIS TS,VAST,034 MS

  19. #19
    Established Member Three Rings JustManson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    382924
    Location
    Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiluleshpingen View Post
    i think you're just whipped? cant believe am hearing this from a grown ass man!
    Hold women accountable for what every they do! Stop treating them as little kids.. who knows she might actually open your legs for you.. for free!
    Must be hard be that lonely.

    A real man that has a women that had bared his children while building an amazing life together gets treated as royalty exactly the way she should. That's what what grown men who respect their partners in life do... but hey if that's whipped then Well... Call me Cool Whip.




    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  20. #20
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    .....white knight'n it hard in this thread

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

  21. #21
    Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04 2012
    AZ Member #
    96276
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Items for Sale

    Women's Fingernail damage

    Buy new door handle trim. It's relatively cheap.

    You should be lucky your woman wants to ride in your car. Most do not. My wife loves to ride in mine. But I do have to yell at her for trying to jam things in the door pocket and her bag scratches the glove box. But I let her have it and she tries to do better. That's all you can do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Senior Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    277489
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Items for Sale

    I always have to reinforce rules with people when they get in the car, the main ones are:

    - Be respectful
    - Stuff goes in the trunk and the interior is for people
    - No food or drinks in the car
    - No feet on the seats or dash
    - Stomp feet/clear shoes before getting in

    Granted I'm less anal than I used to be, I still vacuum the car and clean it off every day.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 308K - 2.8sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - K04/RS6 Hybrids - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG Lines - AWE Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - DriveshaftShop - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

  23. #23
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    No food or drink period

    Tge feet thing was an issue in my Jetta TDI......but her 6 foot ass can't get her feet up in the s4.....and I'm happy

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

  24. #24
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    Since I was reminded of plasti dip, anything chrome is getting popped off and turned either red or black.
    I have the brushed aluminum mirrors and I'm either going to plasti dip them black, red or trade for laser Red set. Some minor scratches on passenger

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

  25. #25
    Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04 2012
    AZ Member #
    96276
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ludlow View Post
    Since I was reminded of plasti dip, anything chrome is getting popped off and turned either red or black.
    I have the brushed aluminum mirrors and I'm either going to plasti dip them black, red or trade for laser Red set. Some minor scratches on passenger

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app
    Oh good ol plastidip. The finish that never finishes the job.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    Veteran Member Four Rings Tiluleshpingen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    13408
    My Garage
    97 AS4 ,08 A5 MKVI Jetta
    Location
    Land of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by JustManson View Post
    Must be hard be that lonely.

    A real man that has a women that had bared his children while building an amazing life together gets treated as royalty exactly the way she should. That's what what grown men who respect their partners in life do... but hey if that's whipped then Well... Call me Cool Whip.




    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    thats an old excuse/joke man but i'll play put it this way I dont play by their rules and i get what i want.A real man... you dont get to say you are a real man...lol no one is saying not to treat them well.. but you had invent something i never said. I said to hold em accountable to stop treating them as as if they don't have to take responsibility for what they do. now she has an excuse for scratching your interior next an excuse for fucking up your life! .. its ok you just leave your self open to mofos treating her like shit who dont get stepped on..and she still come back for more! You know why because for once in her life she is being treated as an adult! ...ANyyyywayyyy Plasti dip for plastic parts .. rubbing compound for metal or polished parts!
    GIAC-X, STASIS TS,VAST,034 MS

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Four Rings Tiluleshpingen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    13408
    My Garage
    97 AS4 ,08 A5 MKVI Jetta
    Location
    Land of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ludlow View Post
    .....white knight'n it hard in this thread

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app
    WOT whiteknight'n with 2.5 FATs
    GIAC-X, STASIS TS,VAST,034 MS

  28. #28
    Established Member Three Rings JustManson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    382924
    Location
    Connecticut

    Women's Fingernail damage

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiluleshpingen View Post
    thats an old excuse/joke man but i'll play put it this way I dont play by their rules and i get what i want.A real man... you dont get to say you are a real man...lol no one is saying not to treat them well.. but you had invent something i never said. I said to hold em accountable to stop treating them as as if they don't have to take responsibility for what they do. now she has an excuse for scratching your interior next an excuse for fucking up your life! .. its ok you just leave your self open to mofos treating her like shit who dont get stepped on..and she still come back for more! You know why because for once in her life she is being treated as an adult! ...ANyyyywayyyy Plasti dip for plastic parts .. rubbing compound for metal or polished parts!
    You don't know bout dis life.... have a good one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  29. #29
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 07 2011
    AZ Member #
    73609
    Location
    Home of the mighty beaver

    Quote Originally Posted by JustManson View Post
    Must be hard be that lonely.

    A real man that has a women that had bared his children while building an amazing life together gets treated as royalty exactly the way she should.




    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

    oh fuck off.

  30. #30
    Veteran Member Four Rings Tiluleshpingen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    13408
    My Garage
    97 AS4 ,08 A5 MKVI Jetta
    Location
    Land of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by JustManson View Post
    You don't know bout dis life.... have a good one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    ok this turned into Dr phil episode.. No sorry dont wanna know about i lost my balls white knight I paint her nails on a saturday night kind of life
    GIAC-X, STASIS TS,VAST,034 MS

  31. #31
    Established Member Two Rings Mr_Ludlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    394961
    Location
    Eugene, Or

    Yeeeaahhhhhh

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Audizine mobile app

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.