Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Audi A4 Quattro, 1998 Ford Mustang

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Stage 1's don't require any new parts. As long as the DV is the newest OEM which I would upgrade anyways with GFB's kit. And I'm not all about speed. I want to look good too. I want a functional summer daily driver which I will eventually daily year round. I know people that are Stage 2+ running all sorts of stuff that daily theirs. So I know it's possible. I just wanted to hear some opinions on whether I should upgrade some performance parts, get a tune, or make it pretty first.

Established Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I know this is boring, but if I had only $500 and a new vehicle as a student, I would ensure that ALL the necassary and upcoming maintenance is done first. Timing chain and tension er, cam follower, carbon clean, oil and plugs, brake fluid change, fuel filter, timing belt etc etc.

You'll easy spend $500 on those items and you then have a solid car that will be reliable during your studies and if you have some extra coin you can add a tune and HFC, which in my opinion add the two best bang-for-buck after maintenance.
    A4 B7 2.0L TSFI (Mauritius Blue) | KO4 + Autotech HPFP upgrade + BSR Stage II tune - 2.5" BSR CAT-back - CAI| S3 Inj. DW300c LPFP | GFB DV+ | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims | R8 Coils | 034 RSB, control arms, end links, street density engine & CVT mounts - snub nose - HFC | Cupra R lip | 7" Erisin 2028AM - Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub| Yellow Fogs, LEDs throughout | CXRacing FMIC - B12 Bilstein Suspension + H&R Springs | S4 brake upgrade and braided lines.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    I know this is boring, but if I had only $500 and a new vehicle as a student, I would ensure that ALL the necassary and upcoming maintenance is done first. Timing chain and tension er, cam follower, carbon clean, oil and plugs, brake fluid change, fuel filter, timing belt etc etc.

You'll easy spend $500 on those items and you then have a solid car that will be reliable during your studies and if you have some extra coin you can add a tune and HFC, which in my opinion add the two best bang-for-buck after maintenance.
    Well this is actually just my fun car. Only driven when the weather is nice (ie NOT winter) since it has no rust. And I've had this since the summer so I have done some maintenance to it. I have a few more maintenance things to do like the cam follower and the fuel filter but other than that I think it is done. It's fairly low miles at 52,000 so I'm not overly concerned with its life for now. Especially since I only drive a few thousand miles (maybe 3-4k) every year. Just wondering what fun things I could do to it.

Senior Member Four Rings onedumslack's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you don't have a revision D diverter valve already you can pick one up new for $50. There really is no need to spend $135 on a gfb dv+. It's helps with throttle response and holding high levels of boost and would pretty much fall into the nice to have category and not giving you any more power. An OEM one at stage 1 boost will hold just fine.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CB...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AZ Member #

Just make sure you have covered everything for your mileage or time:

A4 B7 2.0L TSFI (Mauritius Blue) | KO4 + Autotech HPFP upgrade + BSR Stage II tune - 2.5" BSR CAT-back - CAI| S3 Inj. DW300c LPFP | GFB DV+ | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims | R8 Coils | 034 RSB, control arms, end links, street density engine & CVT mounts - snub nose - HFC | Cupra R lip | 7" Erisin 2028AM - Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub| Yellow Fogs, LEDs throughout | CXRacing FMIC - B12 Bilstein Suspension + H&R Springs | S4 brake upgrade and braided lines.

Senior Member Two Rings my_audi_a4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2008 Silver Audi A4 B7 2.0 FSI triptonic~ 18x9.5 VMR 702's, RS4 Front Grille, Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar, S4 Mirror Caps, Koni Coilovers, Custom AWE Quad Catback Black Diamond Tip Exhaust with Fabspeed Resonators and Mufflers

Senior Member Three Rings JayDog747's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 S4, 2008 Subaru Outback,2015 Silverado

I'll see your bump and raise you a BAM!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Yeah I looked up the maintenance schedule before I even bought this lol. Everything is caught up.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Still wondering if anyone has used a Revo SPS and could give me some information about it.

Established Member Three Rings wriscolf's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible with Silvia Front

Quote Originally Posted by onedumslack View Post
    I agree on the tune. Nothing else power wise will even come close to the feeling of going from stock to stage 1. Everything else is just minor power upgrades in this price range.
    So from my time here, see my join date, I have learned that JHM seems to be everyone's choice for power. I have APR since i feel i known them for a while. I also love the options you get with APR. I have Engine Code delete, ECM security, Stock tune, 91 octane stage 1 tune, 93 octane stage 1 tune and 100 octane stage 1 tune. You can control it all with cruise control stick. I dont think any other company offers that. Why I love it, Well changing tune helps for lending your car to siblings, significant other, parents, ect. The octane levels for me is a safety thing. I "ran out of gas" before and only found 91 octane. I fine it easier to fine 91 than 93 so if i have to change. I can do it in a minute in my car without a computer or anything. I think when i go stage 2, i will also get valet mode since it seems recently ive parked at restaurants that were valet only. Dont need some kid having too much fun with my car.
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line Titanium Edition/Phantom Black/Magnaflow Exhaust/APR Stage 1/APR Carbonio Intake/Lots of Headaches/

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Hey, best of both worlds. Part out interior and make some money, buy one racing seat and get a stage 1 jhm tune. Wow you will be quicker than everyone else with just a stage 1 tune. That reminds me of someone on the forums.....

Senior Member Four Rings onedumslack's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wriscolf View Post
    So from my time here, see my join date, I have learned that JHM seems to be everyone's choice for power. I have APR since i feel i known them for a while. I also love the options you get with APR. I have Engine Code delete, ECM security, Stock tune, 91 octane stage 1 tune, 93 octane stage 1 tune and 100 octane stage 1 tune. You can control it all with cruise control stick. I dont think any other company offers that. Why I love it, Well changing tune helps for lending your car to siblings, significant other, parents, ect. The octane levels for me is a safety thing. I "ran out of gas" before and only found 91 octane. I fine it easier to fine 91 than 93 so if i have to change. I can do it in a minute in my car without a computer or anything. I think when i go stage 2, i will also get valet mode since it seems recently ive parked at restaurants that were valet only. Dont need some kid having too much fun with my car.
    Yeah, I've got the apr tune as well. Pretty much because the car came with it so I didn't want to spend on another tune. But jhm's tune offers most of the same things but you just have to pay for them vs having the all inclusive package apr bundles.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wriscolf View Post
    So from my time here, see my join date, I have learned that JHM seems to be everyone's choice for power. I have APR since I feel I known them for a while. I also love the options you get with APR. I have Engine Code delete, ECM security, Stock tune, 91 octane stage 1 tune, 93 octane stage 1 tune and 100 octane stage 1 tune. You can control it all with cruise control stick. I don't think any other company offers that. Why I love it, Well changing tune helps for lending your car to siblings, significant other, parents, ect. The octane levels for me is a safety thing. I "ran out of gas" before and only found 91 octane. I fine it easier to fine 91 than 93 so if i have to change. I can do it in a minute in my car without a computer or anything. I think when i go stage 2, i will also get valet mode since it seems recently ive parked at restaurants that were valet only. Dont need some kid having too much fun with my car.
    Revo's SPS is all of that. Only to change a tune you need to stop and plug a little stick into the OBDII port and wait ~5 seconds. It has a valet mode, a security mode, a stock setting, and three performance settings. So I could do all of that but will likely have to tune it myself which shouldn't be a problem. I think it's a great idea but I don't know much about it or what the software will let you control. It's also pretty cheap (~$170). So I figure it seems like a win, win, win, win. I think I'm going to call to ask some questions.

Established Member Four Rings pezgoon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Too bad there's no time limit listed for the T belt

I'm still on the fence whether I wanna do the whole she bang 500$ setup, the half deal 200$ setup, or just wait lol

Also JhM does stalk switching as well

Eric

2005.5 6mt A4 2.0(red T ) Silver metallic outside, Platinum inside.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by yxri View Post
    Hey, best of both worlds. Part out interior and make some money, buy one racing seat and get a stage 1 jhm tune. Wow you will be quicker than everyone else with just a stage 1 tune. That reminds me of someone on the forums.....
    I'd be parting it out a lot faster if people didn't flake. Out of like 5 interested people I've only gotten one thing sold and my prices are pretty good considering I live in BFN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pezgoon View Post
    Too bad there's no time limit listed for the T belt

I'm still on the fence whether I wanna do the whole she bang 500$ setup, the half deal 200$ setup, or just wait lol

Also JhM does stalk switching as well

Timing belt is right at the bottom. It says 110K

AZ Member #

$500 for upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by aaronfield33 View Post
    I'd be parting it out a lot faster if people didn't flake. Out of like 5 interested people I've only gotten one thing sold and my prices are pretty good considering I live in BFN.

- - - Updated - - -

Timing belt is right at the bottom. It says 110K
    I said "time limit" meaning, every 3 years, two years, ten years, all of eternity

Knowing vw they'd list it as lifetime just like the drivetrain fluids

Eric

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    k20 Integra

Quote Originally Posted by pezgoon View Post
    I said "time limit" meaning, every 3 years, two years, ten years, all of eternity

Knowing vw they'd list it as lifetime just like the drivetrain fluids

Why would you need a time limit? Go by mileage. But if you are still curious it's 10 years or 110k.

AZ Member #

$500 for upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
    Why would you need a time limit? Go by mileage. But if you are still curious it's 10 years or 110k.
    Ah thanks

Because I'm at 45k which 110k would put the age at about 15-18 years depending upon my driving for the next few years

Which means I should change it since it's 12 years old

Eric

AZ Member #

Yes. And the waterpump, thermostat etc while you're there.

Established Member Two Rings mgfranz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    So your say 50 hp gain on a stage upgrade tunes now cost you a bunch more. Now your selling kidneys on the black market, making mustard gas in the basement and selling it overseas, doing late night hook ups with the local mamas that can't find good lovers. so at the end of stage 1, you now only have 1 kidney, bunch of cancer from home made mustard, and some disease you had fun getting but didn't really need...
    ROFL!!!
    2008 Audi B7
    2007 BMW 650i
    2001 Porsche Boxster (for sale)
    1999 BMW 740i M-Sport

AZ Member #

Yes. And the waterpump, thermostat etc while you're there.
    Yes I figured it was a catch all for that, I just have been debating doing 200$ kit containing those bits, or just spending the 450$ for doing everything (including the accessory bits) while I'm in there

Eric

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Update: Up to a little over $800 to spend. Sold some interior pieces (gray B6/B7 if you are interested), and some excess computer parts online. Getting rid of my extra stuff basically. Any suggestions besides tune or maintenance?

Can't decide if I want to make it fast or make it pretty. HELP ME CHOOSE!

Established Member Two Rings brettle0's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    My Bank account's ghost

Make it fast. Rent a cable from gonemtbiking, and go Jhm stage 1. You won't regret it. Although I did spend 24 bucks on Amazon to buy these door light logo projectors. They tickle my fancy.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Save a whole bunch more cash. Put it into a savings account and just leave your Audi alone.
    Dude if there nothing you can say to help out , DONT!. this is a forum about audis, not on what to do with saved money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Two Rings hpmurdarah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Stage 1

galaxy s7

Established Member Two Rings skone013's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Door blades.. new badges. Led interior lights

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Chemical engineers rule.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Update: Up to a little over $800 to spend. Sold some interior pieces (gray B6/B7 if you are interested), and some excess computer parts online. Getting rid of my extra stuff basically. Any suggestions besides tune or maintenance?

You could buy my black interior *wink* *wink*

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hpmurdarah View Post
    Stage 1

galaxy s7
    Definently not an S7. Hell to the no with Samsung. Getting my Google Pixel XL 128GB in today

Quote Originally Posted by skone013 View Post
    Door blades.. new badges. Led interior lights

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Audizine mobile app
    Do you really think it'll cost that much? Interior lights I'm not overly concerned with either. Badges on eBay are cheap too. And are S-Line blades any different besides the small S-Line badge in the rear one?

Quote Originally Posted by rbyellow5 View Post
    Chemical engineers rule.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Audizine mobile app
    You're damn right. Going to study abroad in China over the summer for it. Pretty excited!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

You could buy my black interior *wink* *wink*
    Lmao the only black interior I need now is a headliner, steering wheel, upper B-pillars, A-pillars, headliner trim pieces, and IF I ever had the money... Recaros.

AZ Member #

Did you get my pictures? I PMd you about my steering wheel

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Did you get my pictures? I PMd you about my steering wheel
    Yeah, doesn't have Tiptronic... Automatic probs

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Save a whole bunch more cash. Put it into a savings account and just leave your Audi alone.
    Why! So you can make the banks richer! Spend it on you.....and forget the banks!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Two Rings DenverAudiInnie's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just interior? No exterior parts? B7 Dolphi....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Audizine mobile app
    2005.5 Audi B7 A4 Quattro Prestige in Dolphin Grey & RS5 Rims

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DenverAudiInnie View Post
    Just interior? No exterior parts? B7 Dolphi....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Audizine mobile app
    Correct.

Here's the link to what I still have: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...7#post12289307

Veteran Member Four Rings RoguesGambit's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

JHM or bust

You can save a buck fiddy more for a proper tune
    JHM St2 w/HPFP, JHM HFC+B7 S4 FI Catback, JHM St1 Clutch/Flywheel, S4 Recaros, JHM Shift-Trio+Cross Rod, Bi-xenon Headlights, JOM Smoked Tail Lights, Enkei PF01, Conti DWS, Solo-werks S1 Coilovers

More to come

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    16 MK7 GTI APR STG2 - 95 Grand Cherokee - 06 R6 Raven - 13 HD IRON

Thanks for the support guys

Quote Originally Posted by seandon_792 View Post
    Jhm is top in tuning for the B7s. Surprised Jake hasn't popped in here yet
    Not able to be on the forums as much as I once was =/

JHMotorsports.com - (209) 968-0077 - JHM Dealers
    Worlds First 12sec B7 A4 2.0T
    JHM B6-S4 runs 11s w/ JHM SC Kit - B7-RS4 runs 10s w/ JHM SC Kit
    JHM Tuner Spotlight

Jake's B7 Build Thread
    "Supporting JHM is essentially supporting further development for this platform" -rongeur

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    Thanks for the support guys

Not able to be on the forums as much as I once was =/
    :O

That's cause he was too busy sending me my tune login

Eric

Senior Member Two Rings panman142's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Figure I mine as well chime in, my first 2 upgrades were an 034 HFC (do a test pipe if you don't have to worry about emissions, much cheaper) and a poly snub mount. From there with a couple other supporting mods you can go stage 2. Mine's tuned through Malone, I am impressed with his work (granted I got a pretty killer deal on the tune). That really helped pick up where the car lacked, snub helped with the lash, and the HFC gave it a better sound and a bit more pep.

Now if I could go back and do it all again... probably would've just left the car stock and aggressively saved to get a B8 S4... but since a lot of us (myself included) cannot leave well enough alone I slammed and tuned it and ran into a world of problems because of it but it is a much more enjoyable car to drive now
    2006 6MT
    Malone stage 2+ w/ Autotech HPFP upgrade, ECS CF intake, test pipe, RS4 clutch w/lgwt flywheel, Forge DV, 034 RSB w end links, poly diff and carrier bushings, poly snub, 034 trans, RS4 engine mts, EVO boost & oil press gauges, ECS short shifter w/BFI knob, RS4 grille

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by panman142 View Post
    Figure I mine as well chime in, my first 2 upgrades were an 034 HFC (do a test pipe if you don't have to worry about emissions, much cheaper) and a poly snub mount. From there with a couple other supporting mods you can go stage 2. Mine's tuned through Malone, I am impressed with his work (granted I got a pretty killer deal on the tune). That really helped pick up where the car lacked, snub helped with the lash, and the HFC gave it a better sound and a bit more pep.

Now if I could go back and do it all again... probably would've just left the car stock and aggressively saved to get a B8 S4... but since a lot of us (myself included) cannot leave well enough alone I slammed and tuned it and ran into a world of problems because of it but it is a much more enjoyable car to drive now
    What do you mean by running into a world of problems because of it?

Eric