Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilesuit818 View Post
    B8 Window swtiches will bolt on with little modification to the window lock buttons.

Tiguan Rear LED's license plate lights will bolt on to b6/b7 with no errors
    little mod which means put the B6 style lock button back to the B8 switch ?
    02' A4 1.8TQ 5MT | HONGKONG
    K04-15 | Uni Stg2+ | TT225 MAF | TT225 Injector | AWE DV | Customer 3" FMIC | HFC | 3" Cat Back | ABT Quad-exhaust |
    Lightweight Pulley | HFP | Brembo 6 piston | Defi Controller | B7 RS4 FB Steering | Carbon Hood | Carbon Trim | Full Caracter bodykit | S4 Door Blade | 18" Sportec | Michelin PSS 225/40/18

Going to have some fun on speaker

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
    Is there a thread somewhere with what the modification is?
    I remember seeing one somewhere but its really easy. You just have to sand down the sides of the window lock button on the b8 switch to have less dominant corners like the B6 so that it can fit in the plastic door plate. It has the same connectors and everything.
    The B8 Switches are super nice and it has chrome. I ended up chroming everything out in my interior to match, even down to the other window switches.

You can easily buy the whole window switch kit for cheap on ebay....

Established Member Four Rings james12lucy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Custom built, 440cc Midget, w 89 WHP. 2009 GSXR 600/750 w 129 WHP

B8 front seats will retrofit into a B6. Doesn't matter if they're base, S-Line, or S seats, they all bolt in. You'll need to swap seat harnesses and heated seat fuses for a 30 amp fuse. I'm in the midst of depinning and repinning the harnesses for a B8 S4 to B6 Cabrio seat swap.

Having said that, I wish I had a set of terminal removal tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B7 Avant, 6MT, Quattro - Brilliant Black

JHM 93 Octane Stage 2 tune, APR HPFP, S3 Injectors, JHM Test Pipe, Stasis Catback, R8 coils, 034 TIP, Carbinio CIA, 18" VMR 710, Podi Digital Boost Gauge, RS4 rear sway bar, RS4 grill, Eurojet Billet VC, 42DD catch can, Ohlins SL Coilovers w/ Hyperco springs, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, GFB DV+.

Senior Member Four Rings Luxus Panzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 Avant, B4 90 Sprot Q, B4 90 FWD, 2014 VW Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by james12lucy View Post

Having said that, I wish I had a set of terminal removal tools.

I just built some.

https://youtu.be/bbW9Yc36RPE

Veteran Member Four Rings Pothole's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 6Spd, 1997 Jetta Trek

I remember seeing one somewhere but its really easy. You just have to sand down the sides of the window lock button on the b8 switch to have less dominant corners like the B6 so that it can fit in the plastic door plate. It has the same connectors and everything.
    The B8 Switches are super nice and it has chrome. I ended up chroming everything out in my interior to match, even down to the other window switches.

I was looking at that, B8 complete sets are cheaper than B6/B7 singles.
    Please Drive Right

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus Panzer View Post
    I just built some.

Wanna lend them out for a week?

JHM 93 Octane Stage 2 tune, APR HPFP, S3 Injectors, JHM Test Pipe, Stasis Catback, R8 coils, 034 TIP, Carbinio CIA, 18" VMR 710, Podi Digital Boost Gauge, RS4 rear sway bar, RS4 grill, Eurojet Billet VC, 42DD catch can, Ohlins SL Coilovers w/ Hyperco springs, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, GFB DV+.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Wanna lend them out for a week?

You can build a set for cheaper than the shipping.
    2004 A4 Avant Quattro. (H&R springs, S100 Nav unit, Neuspeed Cat back, Torque solutions Snub mount, Thor Skid Plate, APR Stage 1, 18" S4 Rims, 2X Podi / Oil Press / Oil Temp / Boost/VAC, Full LED interior, Backup Camera/Screen, Upgraded 2.0 Coil Packs, Vag-Com, B7 Center console/B7 Hand Brake, B7 Aero wiper arms B7 rear headreasts,APR Carbonio intake, Fan washer sprayers, rusty door bottoms, need new doors)
    2014 VW Tiguan. (bone stock)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I don't have time to build them. I'll likely just get a set from my buddy who owns a master mechanic. Then build my own later on.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I don't have time to build them. I'll likely just get a set from my buddy who owns a master mechanic. Then build my own later on.

Right on. Took me about 1/2 hour to build both. Then a few hours to wait for the adhesive I used to secure them to the handles to set.
    2004 A4 Avant Quattro. (H&R springs, S100 Nav unit, Neuspeed Cat back, Torque solutions Snub mount, Thor Skid Plate, APR Stage 1, 18" S4 Rims, 2X Podi / Oil Press / Oil Temp / Boost/VAC, Full LED interior, Backup Camera/Screen, Upgraded 2.0 Coil Packs, Vag-Com, B7 Center console/B7 Hand Brake, B7 Aero wiper arms B7 rear headreasts,APR Carbonio intake, Fan washer sprayers, rusty door bottoms, need new doors)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

These bulb covers off a B5 slide right into a B6 (pictured)

Senior Member Two Rings ImAudiHeree's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S4 B6

Where are those bulb covers located? In a b5 dome light assembly I'm assuming?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ImAudiHeree View Post
    Where are those bulb covers located? In a b5 dome light assembly I'm assuming?
    yup

Veteran Member Four Rings Biged243's Avatar
    AZ Member #

From my limited experience with the b6 the similarities that can be swapped from a b7 (that fits even with some modification) that I have seen so far is, mind you mine is a 05 b6, almost the whole interior, suspension, mounts (snub, motor, trans, rear diff and the carrier for the 3rd member) dsmic, engine crowl cover pieces (ex, battery cover) steering rack, exhaust from down pipe back?, brakes, wheel (I think? 57.1 center bore right?assumption) so that would cover b7rs4, Door blades, coolant reservoir, power steering reservoir looks the same, aero blades, shark fin. Now I know a lot of these were also mentioned and some of my assessments are not confirmed but I am sure it is close enough where minimum modification would be needed.

I am wondering how close the fuel tank between the late b6 is to the b7 (Quattro) and if they are close enough would you be able to retro fit the fuel pump controller which would also be able to use the rs4 controller. This is the assumption (still researching everything with the b6 haven't made it there yet). It helps with the fueling duty cycle plus runs more efficient and doesn't strain the pump as bad when tuning it.

I don't know about the trans, if it bolts up but I do know that there is a gearing difference between the two and the b7 is slightly taller. B6-20 mph 2200 rpms 2nd gear, 30 mph 3200 rpms 3rd gear, ect 4th 5th 6th (+/- 100 rpms). Redlines (almost bouncing the needle) 3rd around 90 4th around 115. Those are approximates. B7 1st 10 mph 1000 rpms, 2nd 20 mph 2000 rpms ect 3,4,5,6 gears (+/- 100rpm) redlines 1st 31 2nd 47 3rd 102 4th 128 5th I don't remember if it was 146 or if it was drag limited (base tune) some where just above 155. If so the the 6th gear was drag limited.
    Edit: mph are not gps accurate and was done some where in Mexico.
    What ever makes sense go with the opposite and you got it

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...l-stuff-Thread

itsmatt33 said it's also a good idea to install B7 e-brake cables, when doing B7 brakes mod.
    S/RS door card inserts could be leather, vs. our fake.

Quote Originally Posted by f0reignfeatures View Post
    I'm looking to do swap the sunroof switch to a B7 one as well. There was a thread that says it's an exact fit and get rid of the phantom closing issue for good.
    I heard it's due to the potentiometer metal being bent (worn) from use, that it needs to be taken apart so you can rebend it (spring metal)

Quote Originally Posted by f0reignfeatures View Post
    I've also ordered some B8 window switches. They should fit properly with some minor adjustment.
    Thought about this. Not sure.
    Also seat switches.

Quote Originally Posted by deyrag View Post
    Anyone know if the B8 6 speed manual shift knob will fit?
    Supposedly; with the case being that similar-looking knobs from A3 won't entirely as a full assembly because A4 boot (the bottom trim ring too) goes wider than A3 (a tiny car)

All.

Let's keep the info here clear and concise.

Example, 2 different posts saying 2 different items (sway bar and DSMIC) are swappable to a B6, however, no mention of where said parts came from (B5, B7 or B8)

I will clear this up with...
    Swaybars from a B7 will fit a B6
    DSMIC from a B7 will fit a B6 , however, fabrication is needed as well as various pipes and front transfer ducting from the B7
    Always wondered about the DSMIC.

Supposedly some, if not all '07MY+ B7 S4's got the 22mm RS4 rear bar.

Quote Originally Posted by tHatOne guY View Post
    B8 prop-shaft fit the B6?

Part numbers: B8 8K0521101D, B6 8E0521101D
    Not sure. Their transmissions look different

Quote Originally Posted by Nollywood View Post
    B8 S4 front calipers and discs are a sompletely bolt-on affair, no machining, grinding or drilling required.
    I've heard of this being done. As well as 4-piston Brembo Q5 calipers.

B8 Window swtiches will bolt on with little modification to the window lock buttons.

Tiguan Rear LED's license plate lights will bolt on to b6/b7 with no errors
    Tiguan? I thought those were from Q7's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gosser View Post
    B7 exhaust hanger bring up the B6 exhaust.
    8E0 253 144AT
    8E0 253 144AS
    one of my fav mods.
    ok but the whole things are like $130 for both.
    evo_ski says its $8 if you figure out where to buy the bushings by themselves. Rubber donut looking things. Maybe you can cut the old ones off, slide new ones on.

I'm weary of eBay window switches. Last set I bought was black "OEM" from China. Looked like some thin paint (enamel, acrylic?) and flimsy so it emitted a cheap click sound whenever I used it. Instead of solid, like original.

I just built some.

I special ordered one of the main sizes but it was pricey. Even more expensive is the whole kit.
    then found myself needing a smaller one, so I made it from a paper clip. You have to be careful/gentle to use it, and it's not quick, but it works. Not bad for a paperclip.
    Saved the video though, maybe one day.

interesting. wonder why Audi discontinued that. Maybe it softens and spreads out the light?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    one of my fav mods.
    ok but the whole things are like $130 for both.
    evo_ski says its $8 if you figure out where to buy the bushings by themselves. Rubber donut looking things. Maybe you can cut the old ones off, slide new ones on.
    these?

https://www.autopartsway.ca/partlist.../pagenum1/tabs

same part is shown for both B6 and B7

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Will a stock B7 RNS work in a B6.

If so what do i need to ensure I remove with the unit? ( Harnesses ect ect)
    Yes it will work you just need to correct aftermarket harness and the GPS antenna (get it from Ebay)

Senior Member Three Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998 A8, 2005 A4, 2003 Buick Regal LS, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

these?

https://www.autopartsway.ca/partlist.../pagenum1/tabs

same part is shown for both B6 and B7
    That looks like it, here is the ECS part:
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/8e0253144at/
    B7 left and B6 right:

1998 A8 - Winter
    2004 S4 - Summer
    2005 A4 - Wifes
    2006 A4 - ??

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A4 B6 Avant | A4 B7 Sedan
    Items for Sale

B5/B7/B8 parts compatibility with B6.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...l-stuff-Thread

itsmatt33 said it's also a good idea to install B7 e-brake cables, when doing B7 brakes mod.
    S/RS door card inserts could be leather, vs. our fake.

I run B7 A4 rears on my B6 and I use the stock B6 handbrake cable, fits perfectly. S4 rears I dont know but I run them on my B7 with the stock A4 B7 cables. I just took the cable out of one of the rear braket.

I heard it's due to the potentiometer metal being bent (worn) from use, that it needs to be taken apart so you can rebend it (spring metal)

A B7 A4 dome light is plug and play. Bending it wont last

Supposedly; with the case being that similar-looking knobs from A3 won't entirely as a full assembly because A4 boot (the bottom trim ring too) goes wider than A3 (a tiny car)

A3 shift knob works in a 5 speed, on a 6 speed it will come in contact with the shifter bezel when engaging reverse

Always wondered about the DSMIC.

you need to use the B7 crossover

Supposedly some, if not all '07MY+ B7 S4's got the 22mm RS4 rear bar.

late 07 and all 08's have a 22mm

I put in bold the ones I know

*****I sell in USD*****

Click here to read my seller feedback

B6 Avant GT2871R Motoza Tuned Aka the part hauler

B7 Sedan Stage II HPFP Aka the retrofitted queen