Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New B9 RS5

Senior Member Four Rings Hippyshakes's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Mercedes M350

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post

:P
    Lol thanks Beast. Not sure why it didn't work in tapa. Well other than user error!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Build Thread []RS5
    Stock: 2014 RS5 Cabriolet | Panther Black Crystal | Driver Assist | MMI Pkg. | Alu Optic
    Mods: Signature SV302's 20"x10.5| Capristo Exhaust | eCodes | Eventuri Intake-Manifold-Slam Panel |

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

Senior Member Three Rings AirmattRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I hate the styling of all the B9s, and this one is no different. The B8.5 RS5 is James Bond where the B9 RS5 is the villainous Jaws. This one just looks out of place with so many things going on. No doubt it's a great car inside and under the hood, but it lacks the identity and character that the old one has.

One thing for sure, there's going to be a lot of body kits or front bumper kits for this car because I'd be shameful paying 80-90k for a car with a face that looks like it's constantly at the orthodontist office.

Veteran Member Four Rings scottykenneth's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My old RS Vs new one. I do like the new one. Hood eh, wheels eh , no manual double ehhhh. Otherwise. Thumbs up haha

Instagram:ScottyKenneth

ScottyKenneth's Build Thread

PRESENT : 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 [ 3 Pedals ]

PAST : 2015 []RS5 / 2014 S5 / 2010 A5 SLINE / 2007 A4 SLINE / 2001 A4 /

Registered Member Four Rings Okan509's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post

yummy. really loving the rear box flare
    (Alex) - C453 - Cardinal Red

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL450 (family-friendly)

Looking at those pictures hurts my brain. It's like the foreground aspect ratio got squashed vertically and stretched horizontally, but the background is normal.

Guess I'll have to keep my B8.5. Poor me... :)

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have to say I love the new blacked out headlights + carbon additions.

edit* Just noticed the B9 has a square gas cover. -_-
    Last edited by Beast; 03-18-2017 at 07:36 AM.
    2015 Audi []RS5: Sepang Blue | Black Optics |
    AWE Non Res | Ecodes |Modulare Forged
    Past: 2012 Audi A5. Sline: Phantm Blk

IG@ RS_Five

Veteran Member Four Rings Tommy@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi S5

I thought it had a lot going on when I first saw it and remember telling Mops I was disappointed. This was the first B9 "5" I saw on the trip and the headlights really bothered me. Now I totally understand why they did it. While the B8.5 is a poster child timeless Audi muscle car, it did lack any effort of weight reduction/ noticeably improved dynamics, and enough of an "idiom" as Audi calls it to really differentiate it to non Audi people. A lot of us love the minimalist philosophy of the car, but the segment is getting very competitive now.

With the new Audi Sport/RS division, Audi wants these cars to stand out as truly special vehicles to non enthusiasts as well. That's why the car has so much going on in terms of vents/lines,etc.
    This is actually an exciting time for us Audi peeps because they are really trying to step their game up versus the competition. The fact that we finally get a carbon roof option, 100 lbs less weight, proper diffuser, real bits of carbon in the body work from the factory, and more is really cool.

I've driven all of the B9 cars except this one, and the chassis, new 5 link rear suspension, and new steering is incredibly good.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy@Nemesis View Post
    This is actually an exciting time for us Audi peeps because they are really trying to step their game up versus the competition.
    They dropped the S-tronic on the RS5 while the M4 and C63 will keep the dual clutch...
    2011 Audi S5
    (GONE) 2011 Audi A5 2.0T [APR STAGE 2] [034 MotorSports HFC]

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by brilliant_black View Post
    They dropped the S-tronic on the RS5 while the M4 and C63 will keep the dual clutch...
    agree and the more TQ argument for the switch to the ZF is invalid as both the M4/C63 make just as much or even more.
    2015 Audi []RS5: Sepang Blue | Black Optics |
    AWE Non Res | Ecodes |Modulare Forged
    Past: 2012 Audi A5. Sline: Phantm Blk

IG@ RS_Five

Veteran Member Four Rings Tommy@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi S5

agree and the more TQ argument for the switch to the ZF is invalid as both the M4/C63 make just as much or even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by brilliant_black View Post
    I'm coming from a DSG RS5 and have the same argument. An Audi engineered assured me that all of our concerns will go away once we drove the new ZF.
    The number one reason for switching to the ZF was the fact that it has 8 gears and they were able to match it perfectly to the torque from the engine at any given time. This makes it extremely responsive and efficient.

I think the fact that Audi has had this trans in the RS7 and S8 with great success, and they don't require a fluid services every 35k miles also had to be considered. I know on the dealer side we still see mechatronics unit problems and customer complaints on a lot of the S Tronics

Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, E46 M3
    Items for Sale

I think the fact that Audi has had this trans in the RS7 and S8 with great success, and they don't require a fluid services every 35k miles also had to be considered. I know on the dealer side we still see mechatronics unit problems and customer complaints on a lot of the S Tronics
    The question I have is why does Audi now equip the DSG as standard equipment in in all of their volume models (Q5, A4, A5) given these concerns? I know the smoothness, or lack thereof, is another common complaint as compared to the ZFs. Just seems bizarre to kill DSG in the performance cars while at the same time making it the standard transmission on their "normal" vehicles.
    -Hayden

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LINDW4LL View Post
    The question I have is why does Audi now equip the DSG as standard equipment in in all of their volume models (Q5, A4, A5) given these concerns? I know the smoothness, or lack thereof, is another common complaint as compared to the ZFs. Just seems bizarre to kill DSG in the performance cars while at the same time making it the standard transmission on their "normal" vehicles.
    I have a feeling that due to this their reliability ratings will drop. A POS fwd stripper model A4 has the S-Tronic now. Most people who buy that model tend to not know shit at all about cars and will neglect taking it in for maintenance (yes I've met people who neglect their leased car even if it came with pre-paid maintenance).

Only a matter of time before those fools neglect the fluid change and eventually cause the S-Tronic to blow up.

It doesn't make sense that the base cars have the sportier transmission. The S-Tronic was one huge advantage the S4 and S5 had over the 335i and 435i. I don't buy the whole too much torque bullshit, people have RS7 turbo swapped S6 and S7's running just fine.
    2011 Audi S5

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

AMG did a great job on the new C63.
    I have a feeling BMW will seriously surprise everyone with the next M3/M4 (G platform)

I hope this RS5 has close to 500 hp and that they are just lying about the crank hp like they did with many of the Audi models.
    If power was a concern for the DSG then there should be no reason the B9 RS5 shouldn't have more power since the ZF can take it according to Audi.

I don't know how to feel about Audi right now. Supposedly the original design for the B9 A4/A5 was more aggressive, but Stephan Winkelmann, the new head of Quattro GMBH said to scrap it.
    2011 Audi S5

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    S5 with a pulley and map is faster!

Did I get that in before Doug?
    And a tuned RS5? Tuned S cars have always been faster than stock RS cars. Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    I'm soooo disappointed this didn't get the 4.0t, either version. Honestly, why get this instead of the S5?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Audizine mobile app
    A tt V8 is just not the right motor for this car. This is a lighter, more dynamic machine. A ttV8 would add to front-end heaviness also. Save the ttV8 for cars like the RS6, RS7, S8. The two most blistering fast main stream production cars on the road today, The 911 turbo and GTR, use a tt 6.

In my book, this car is a winner all around. I think the styling is a nice aggressive upgrade from the overly sedate styling of the B8. The ZF transmission is every bit as good as a dual clutch, and likely a little smoother. The power/torque are just right. Enough without overpowering the rest of the car. Remember more power in a balanced package requires more of everything else which adds weight.
    Currently: Audi S6 * Audi S3 * Porsche Cayman GTS

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL450 (family-friendly)

I just had my mechatronic unit replaced @ 34k miles.

The cynic in me is thinking that they're telling us to get a 911 w/PDK if we want a dual clutch performance car.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Toyota Highlander Limited

Agreed, not a big fan of any of the Audi wheels right now.
    - mojoe8

2014 Audi S5 - Monsoon Gray | 19" Wheels | Quattro w/sport differential | Bang & Olufson | Carbon Fiber | Alcantara | Tint by Appearance Center

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I like these wheels:

Senior Member Two Rings luv2sleep's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The more I look at it, the more it looks like a Honda Accord coupe. And what's up with those wheels?! I'll hold my final judgement until I see and test drive it myself. My S6 may be staying a little longer.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I also think these:

would look awesome if they were all one color instead of the two tone.

Established Member Four Rings mopaNi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^I agree. I actually don't mind those wheels. They are the new "rotors" IMO.
    Chad | 2013 S5 Premium+ 6MT Estoril

Veteran Member Four Rings Jimminez's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 SQ5, 2004 Toyota 4Runner (dammit not dead)
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Okan509 View Post
    I like these wheels:
    Agree. When I first saw this pic I didn't notice the detail in the wheels how the are v-cut in the face and milled on the sides. Nice play on the traditional 5 arm RS wheel.

- Martin

Inbound - 2016 AMG E63S
    Present - 2016 SQ5
    Past - 2012 S4, 2004 A4 Avant USP

flickr : IG

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I think the directional wheels are the 19" and the five spoke wheels are the optional 20".

Veteran Member Four Rings adbender's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 2.0 premium plus

This looks real nice...RS5 just some proper wheels.
    2015 Mythos Black RS5|Eventuri Intake|AWE Track Extreme|EC Alu Kreuz, Endlinks, Sways| KW H.A.S.|CR-15 brace|034 Inserts|15mm Spacers|Tint|VAG-COMs
    2013 Q5 2.0T|Premium Plus|20" RS4 wheels (For the Kids)
    2010 S4|6MT|APR stage II+Everything (Loved but Sold)
    2005 A4 UltraSport (My First)

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Passat Wagon 4-Motion
    Items for Sale

Correct me if I'm wrong here but it could be years before we see the B9 RS5 here in the States right? Or did I miss a USA launch date?
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics-black leather-Akrapovic Titanium exhaust-AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro power fold CF (Neidfaktor) mirrors-3M-CR15

Senior Member Two Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by adbender View Post

This looks real nice...RS5 just some proper wheels.
    Is that a render ? If the RS5 SB really looks like that, then sign me up!
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav

Past:
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 S3, '16 SQ5

That looks so damn good! I'm starting to love that crazy hood. Sign me up as well.
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

Senior Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

I have to say I love the new blacked out headlights + carbon additions.

edit* Just noticed the B9 has a square gas cover. -_-
    I'll enjoy it from Afar. Nice looking new model.

2015 RS5 Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights
    Order to Delivery: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...er-to-Delivery
    Mods: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...2#post10079352
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7. Sport pedals, LED interior lights