Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Senior Member Four Rings riceboy22's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi SQ5, Felt F65x

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by FromRagsToS4 View Post
    This sentence doesnt make sense to me. How does "several back to back pulls" take 10 mins? If thats not what you mean, then how does 66C over 10 mins of driving make sense? Shouldnt you take IAT readings after each pull and right at the end of the last pull? Or are you saying IATs are at 66C AFTER cooling it down for 10 mins?
    My bad, that was probably poorly worded. I logged over a total period of about 10 minutes, and that included doing some back-to-back WOT pulls during that time (i.e., a couple of 3rd gear runs when I started driving, some normal driving to get back to a spot where I could do another run, and then some more pulls when I was back in an open stretch of road). 66C was the highest IAT I logged during that whole time.
    Current
    2015 Audi SQ5 3.0 TFSI (Build Thread | Flickr | Instagram)

Past
    2006 Lexus IS350 | 2001 Audi S4 | 2000 Honda S2000 | 1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 1995 Acura Integra GS-R

Senior Member Three Rings rgvsq5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by riceboy22 View Post
    My bad, that was probably poorly worded. I logged over a total period of about 10 minutes, and that included doing some back-to-back WOT pulls during that time (i.e., a couple of 3rd gear runs when I started driving, some normal driving to get back to a spot where I could do another run, and then some more pulls when I was back in an open stretch of road). 66C was the highest IAT I logged during that whole time.
    That's insane... A high of 66* during the entire time. I can EASILY get mine up to ~75 at WOT without even hardly trying.

Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    Thats a bit high for the components you have on your car. Have you tried to re-bleed again and perhaps make sure you are not running too high of a concentration of coolant?

Mike
    Isn't the APR CPS v2 self bleeding? At least that's what their big marketing point was when releasing it.

When you say too high of a concentration of coolant, what are you meaning by that? The only thing I am unaware of is what the shop that did the install topped off the coolant with once they were finished.
    SQ5 | APR Stage 2+ : APR CPS v2 : AWE : Bilstein : H&R : ECS Tuning : 034Motorsport : P3Cars : Adam's Rotors : E-Code : XPEL

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E350 4Matic; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ

Quote Originally Posted by rgvsq5 View Post
    That's insane... A high of 66* during the entire time. I can EASILY get mine up to ~75 at WOT without even hardly trying.

Isn't the APR CPS v2 self bleeding? At least that's what their big marketing point was when releasing it.

When you say too high of a concentration of coolant, what are you meaning by that? The only thing I am unaware of is what the shop that did the install topped off the coolant with once they were finished.
    I live in pretty crappy conditions apparently like you do. So far with my upgraded hx going into my first summer (up around 90f now at times) with it i'm seeing things top out around 66c now too. As it gets into the mid to upper 90s i'm sure things will get a bit worse. But you still seem to be doing almost exactly how I was doing on stock cooling. I'd see 84c or so under hot ambients on WOT runs. This came down 20C with my upgraded hx in the same conditions.

I guess its supposed to be self bleeding but it wouldnt hurt to bleed the intercoolers anyways. Nothings perfect. Doesnt hurt to double check/bleed everything.

With the coolant, I believe our G13 does NOT come diluted like some coolants do. I could be wrong. Double check. If thats the case sometimes folks pour it in like its already 50/50 mix stuff. That will give you too high of antifreeze ratio and you will get poorer cooling. You want to use as little antifreeze as you can get away with given your conditions (ie, living in s florida versus alaska).

Mike
    2013 Audi S5 DSG
    Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, KI 200mm Lower, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    11.605 at 118.76mph - 93 octane - +544DA
    Gone:
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

AZ Member #

Is the "standard" mix 50/50? I think this is something I need to definitely check on because he may have just topped off the system with OEM Audi coolant. (not sure if that stuff comes diluted.)
    SQ5 | APR Stage 2+ : APR CPS v2 : AWE : Bilstein : H&R : ECS Tuning : 034Motorsport : P3Cars : Adam's Rotors : E-Code : XPEL

Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It does not come diluted, you need to mix it yourself.

The suggested mixture is based on your environment. 100% G13 is never recommended.

If I am not feeling lazy I will switch to a water + purple ice mix when I get home. See if it helps at the track at all tomorrow.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.26 PR | AEM W/M | And a bunch of other junk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    It does not come diluted, you need to mix it yourself.

The suggested mixture is based on your environment. 100% G13 is never recommended.

If I am not feeling lazy I will switch to a water + purple ice mix when I get home. See if it helps at the track at all tomorrow.
    So my best bet at this point would be to have the entire system flushed and re-fill with proper mixture, I am assuming. Not sure where to find the best mix for my environment, but deep South Texas... Gets below 50 maybe 2 weeks out of the year. Current temps consistent in the mid-90's and ~50% humidity. Thoughts? And this may be a stupid questions, but do you dilute with just regular water from tap or does it need to be distilled... And is the SC coolant and engine coolant on different systems?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So my best bet at this point would be to have the entire system flushed and re-fill with proper mixture, I am assuming. Not sure where to find the best mix for my environment, but deep South Texas... Gets below 50 maybe 2 weeks out of the year. Current temps consistent in the mid-90's and ~50% humidity. Thoughts? And this may be a stupid questions, but do you dilute with just regular water from tap or does it need to be distilled... And is the SC coolant and engine coolant on different systems?
    If it were me I'd just drain what you have in there and fill it with distilled water and a bottle of water wetter. Done.

This assumes you do not live in a climate with freezing. If you dont freeze, you dont need antifreeze. If you ever go in freezing temps you will need to run a 50/50 mix or so (says on the bottle). In that case just drain some of your system and then add distilled water to further dilute it.

Mike
    2013 Audi S5 DSG
    Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, KI 200mm Lower, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake
    Gone:

Established Member Two Rings tonton's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is the "standard" mix 50/50? I think this is something I need to definitely check on because he may have just topped off the system with OEM Audi coolant. (not sure if that stuff comes diluted.)
    If youre in hotter climate is go 70 water 30 coolant.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Audizine mobile app
    2014/S4 Estoril Blue | APR Ultracharger 187/57.75 | APR CPS | APR TCU tune | Chipwerke Pro 3-1 | Roc-Euro Intake | AWE Track Exhaust W/ Stock Downpipes |ECS Decklid Spoiler | ECS Rear Diffuser | 25% tint all around | Reverse Light Delete | HOEN Yellow Fog | ZIZA White Interior LED Kit | Weathertech Mats

Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/et...col-d_146.html

I always use distilled water from the supermarket. It's like $1 gal and just easier than having to worry about things.

I have divorced loops. I think I am going to keep my main engine loop at a 50/50 mix then switch the SC loop to water+wetter.

Mainly because I am too lazy to do a full flush before next winter. Doing the SC loop is easy.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.26 PR | AEM W/M | And a bunch of other junk

Established Member Two Rings jfootlong24's Avatar
    AZ Member #

90/10 mix for me in Florida, works well with killer chiller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings Silverbullet S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What are you using to log your IAT? I'm running Torque Pro and while I can't see IAT, it does show CACT which is allegedly on par with IATs. With stage II and stock cooling, I wasn't seeing much over 50C after beating on it and the temp came down quickly. That was in 75-80F ambient temps as well. Either CACT isn't as close as others think it is to IATs or something is up with yours.
    2013 S4 - APR Stage 2+, DP, CPS v2, BLQ 20s, Solo Werks coilovers, CR-15, EBC Rotors F&R, Deval diffuser, AWE exhaust & USP Intake - TD1 inevitable

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet S4 View Post
    What are you using to log your IAT? I'm running Torque Pro and while I can't see IAT, it does show CACT which is allegedly on par with IATs. With stage II and stock cooling, I wasn't seeing much over 50C after beating on it and the temp came down quickly. That was in 75-80F ambient temps as well. Either CACT isn't as close as others think it is to IATs or something is up with yours.
    New P3 track pack. I also have Vagcom and logged some third gear pulls a couple weeks ago. First pull IAT was at 59*C and climbed to 70*C at redline. Second pull was about a minute later and IAT started at 63*C and climbed to 78*C at redline. I think it was about 96*F that day.

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to drain coolant and refill with 70/30 mix + bottle of water wetter... And as a last step bleed system from supercharger intercooler bleed screws. Right now I'm running 50/50 and no additive... It's hotter than hell where I live and insanely humid.

Veteran Member Four Rings 4Rings3Liters's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm so glad I got a refund for my APR CPS before that POS arrived. On another note I had issues with high IATs and no CELs and as it turns out my supercharger coolant pump was unplugged. Have you checked that?

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by 4Rings3Liters View Post
    I'm so glad I got a refund for my APR CPS before that POS arrived.
    Why?
    |2013 B8.5 S4 | Monsoon Gray | S-Tronic | Premium+ | Sports Diff | Nav | B&O | Advanced Key | 19" Peelers | Carbon Atlas | Black / White Nappa Leather | APR Stage 2 + DSG Tune | AWE Touring | RocEuro | H&R Coils | J-Codes | 15% 3M Tint |

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B8 S4 View Post
    Why?
    I am seeing more and more bad reviews of it.

Veteran Member Three Rings Acejam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I am seeing more and more bad reviews of it.
    Please shares these reviews that you speak of.
    2014 Brilliant Black S4
    DSG / Prestige / Black Optics / Sport Diff / B&O / Carbon Atlas Inlays / Magma Leather
    Modifications: APR Stage 1 ECU + TCU, AWE Touring Exhaust (90mm Silver), ECS 10mm/12.5mm Spacers, Rotors w/ PSS (Summer), Peelers w/ LM-32's (Winter)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Acejam View Post
    Please shares these reviews that you speak of.
    Scroll up a few posts for one...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Scroll up a few posts for one...
    I think you may have been assuming that person's high iats were because of their apr hx.... I wouldn't assume that at all. You saw the person respond who has the same hx and much lower iats right. Plenty of other things can cause high iats. If I recall you found that out when you found your coolant pump was not plugged in.
    2013 Audi S5 DSG
    Gone:

Established Member Two Rings tonton's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think you may have been assuming that person's high iats were because of their apr hx.... I wouldn't assume that at all. You saw the person respond who has the same hx and much lower iats right. Plenty of other things can cause high iats. If I recall you found that out when you found your coolant pump was not plugged in.
    Oh Snap!!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Audizine mobile app
    2014/S4 Estoril Blue | APR Ultracharger 187/57.75 | APR CPS | APR TCU tune | Chipwerke Pro 3-1 | Roc-Euro Intake | AWE Track Exhaust W/ Stock Downpipes |ECS Decklid Spoiler | ECS Rear Diffuser | 25% tint all around | Reverse Light Delete | HOEN Yellow Fog | ZIZA White Interior LED Kit | Weathertech Mats

Senior Member Four Rings Thurston's Avatar
    AZ Member #

. . .
    2015 Volcano Red S4
    | 6MT / yellow fogs / RS4 grille / APR / AWE / o34Motorsport mounts / cr-15 |

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Rekt
    2011 Phantom Black Effect S4 6MT, Sport Differential, Advanced Key, Audi Side Assist, Navigation, B&O, Red/black Silk Nappa Leather, Carbon Fiber Atlas Trim, Flat-Bottom Steering wheel with red stitching, RS4 Aluminum pedals, 034 Transmission mount, Roc-Euro Intake, Roc-Euro Short Shifter, 90mm AWE Touring Exhaust with stock downpipes, Unitronic Stage 2+, JHM 179mm Overdrive Crank Pulley, Stasis rear sway bar, Gloss Black RS4 Grille

AZ Member #

The only thing burning are his IATs. Listen I want the CPS to work, I really do. I ordered the thing excited about it until I read several bad reviews. Could it be something else causing high IATS? Absolutely, but there's only so many things to check. Even when my coolant pump was unplugged my IATs wouldn't stay that high while driving, only while stationary.

AZ Member #

APR 3.0 TFSI Ultracharger System is Now Available!

Update: Switched to 70/30 mix and temps seem to have improved slightly. IATs still running about 20 to 30 degrees over ambient at any given time during normal driving. Even while driving a steady 100mph on freeway, I'm not seeing temps drop below mid to high 40s C. Ambient is low 90s.

Can't crack intercoolers bleed screws loose to see if any air trapped up there. However everything I have read says system will bleed itself while driving and the new CPS should self bleed also.

This can't be right... or is it? I wish I had data from oem heat exchanger to compare to.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Update: Switched to 70/30 mix and temps seem to have improved slightly. IATs still running about 20 to 30 degrees over ambient at any given time during normal driving. Even while driving a steady 100mph on freeway, I'm not seeing temps drop below mid to high 40s C. Ambient is low 90s.

Can't crack intercoolers bleed screws loose to see if any air trapped up there. However everything I have read says system will bleed itself while driving and the new CPS should self bleed also.

This can't be right... or is it? I wish I had data from oem heat exchanger to compare to.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Well, mid 40c temps in 90F ambients under cruise is probably not bad at all. That seems to be pretty normal for such hot weather. The test is now to see how hot your IATs can get under WOT 3rd gear runs. If you're able to stay below 70C then i'd say that helped quite a bit. If you are still pushing 80C and up then i'd look at trying to see if there is still some air in there or any issues with the pump.

Mike
    2013 Audi S5 DSG
    Gone: