Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring Codysmyth's Avatar
    AZ Member #

P2293 code. Kinda hoping it isn't anything huge

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So while on the highway today in 6th gear I started accelerating and next thing I know the cel pops on. I got my scanner thinking it was just a underboost code I got before but I got this p2293. I've read a lot of hpfp being bad on here or cam follower. But my thing is that that pump and follower are like brand new they might only have 2000 miles on them so I'm kinda ruling that out. I have eurodyne stage 2 and a jhm hpfp. Is it possible it's the fuel rail valve?

Established Member Three Rings Luccatavares's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Codysmyth View Post
    So while on the highway today in 6th gear I started accelerating and next thing I know the cel pops on. I got my scanner thinking it was just a underboost code I got before but I got this p2293. I've read a lot of hpfp being bad on here or cam follower. But my thing is that that pump and follower are like brand new they might only have 2000 miles on them so I'm kinda ruling that out. I have eurodyne stage 2 and a jhm hpfp. Is it possible it's the fuel rail valve?
    Would you tell me more about eurodyne?

LuccaT

AZ Member #

What would you like to know?

Senior Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Log the LPFP % utilisation.
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | 3.0TFSI Throt. Body | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

My respray thread

AZ Member #

Everything! I'm shopping a tune and I was in between apr and jhm but then I heard about eurodyne maestro 7 suit.
    So the way I see is that come with 3 maps and you load the one that guys to your car mods and also if yii have a knowledge you can load yoir own maps. Is that right?

LuccaT

AZ Member #

Okedokey ive never logged before but have maestro logger. Do you know what measuring blocks I should log?

Lucca, I have maestro. It's sorta like that except the base maps for our cars have to be sent to you from eurodyne which isn't hard at all just email them when you get maestro and they send them to you. Stage 1 doesn't require like anything and stage 2 needs a test pipe and hpfp upgrade. On stage 2 I'm generally spiking 23 psi put right now I'm having some issues so I can tell you more once they are figured out. Overall I love it and would recommend it to anyone. It definitely opens the car up

AZ Member #

Cool unfortunately I don't know .
    Ugh I don't have hpfp yet. To the other ones you would need only for stage 2+
    If you sell your car can you take with you?
    I believe if you Facebook messenger USP motorsport they would give you some answers.
    Hope you get this done fix soon. Hate to see out babes suffering haha

LuccaT

AZ Member #

Actually also I heard if you Google you can find some sorts of spread sheet about it

LuccaT

AZ Member #

Not sure how to do that with maestro. VAG is easy though.
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | 3.0TFSI Throt. Body | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

My respray thread

AZ Member #

I believe all maestro measuring blocks are same as VAG-COM. but I don't know exactly what measuring block is which they are just numbered lol

AZ Member #

Checking Fuel Pressure
    Prerequisites:
    Ignition ON
    Engine ON (Idle)
    System voltage at least 11.0 V.
    Coolant Temperature at least 80 C

[Select]
    [01 - Engine]
    [Meas. Blocks - 08]
    Group 103
    [Go!]
    Field 1: Fuel Pressure (Low), Specification: 2800...7200 mbar
    Field 2: Fuel Pump Adaptation, Specification: -1000...+1000 %
    Note:

Timing chain driven engines such as the CCTA, CBFA and CCTA were phased in during model year 2008. Those engines do not use a G410 (Low) Fuel Pressure Sensor so Measuring Blocks group 103 is not applicable.

Group 106
    [Go!]
    Field 2: Fuel Rail,Pressure (actual): 55% or below is normal at idle
    55% to 60% is a gray area, it may be okay, but may indicate a problem
    Above 60% implies there is a failure or restriction
    Causes of low pressure can include kinks or restrictions in fuel lines
    Fuel filter issues including restricted/clogged or incorrect part number
    Failing lift pump in fuel tank. We have seen numerous cases of sub-standard quality "factory" replacements in "factory boxes" that were obtained from aftermarket sources and are not sourced from official dealers. This led to troubleshooting problems that were solved by installing correct factory parts. We encourage customers to only install lift pump and fuel filter sourced directly from a VW/Audi dealer.

My respray thread

AZ Member #

Thank you so much. I'll try to get a log later today and post it on here.

AZ Member #

so little update. i havent gotten a chance to log yet but was driving to the store earlier and cel went off. it seems like everytime i do a nice little pull i end with a cel.

is it possible that if eurodyne has fuel rail pressure at 130 bar that the pressure rail valve is the reason for the code?

AZ Member #

LPFP almost certainly. Check the utilisation, until then you're only guessing.

My respray thread

Veteran Member Three Rings eyrah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Going through the same CEL, was heading up a steep mountain (about 45 minutes uphill) and BOOM CEL and fuel cuts. I believe the LPFP was overheating/weak causing my cel, I would check that out first considering your HPFP is brand new. Or new thrust sensor.
    Good luck!

My car: 2006 a3 2.0T DSG
    Eurodyne Sgt. 1 + TCU stg.1
    New cam follower ~ 3000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    - Pauly

2009 Audi A4 Quattro BB/B

AprTuned, Apr quad tip, CTS Testpipe, Eurocode HFIP, LED interior pkg, 15%/35% tint, Bi-xenon, VAG, AWE Custom valance, Customized Grill, RS6 Shift Knob, Aluminum Pedals, ST Coilovers, VMR 713

Build Thread

Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

I had this code when going to maestro GTX 2863 26 psi 7200 rpm and changed to the rs4 controller removed the code, a year later the pump died same code which was expected.

AZ Member #

P2293 code. Kinda hoping it isn't anything huge

Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    I had this code when going to maestro GTX 2863 26 psi 7200 rpm and changed to the rs4 controller removed the code, a year later the pump died same code which was expected.
    Was it the HPFP or in tank pump?

- Pauly

AprTuned, Apr quad tip, CTS Testpipe, Eurocode HFIP, LED interior pkg, 15%/35% tint, Bi-xenon, VAG, AWE Custom valance, Customized Grill, RS6 Shift Knob, Aluminum Pedals, ST Coilovers, VMR 713

Build Thread

Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts
    Items for Sale

Mine was the intank pump, and the LPFP controller.

Im trying to find a record of a code a had last summer which resulted as the fuel pressure sensor on the HPFP but I believe it was a different code. I just cannot find the info I wrote down.

AZ Member #

No worries! Appreciate the input man. I sourced an OEM in-tank pump, and am just waiting for it to finally give out.

- Pauly

Build Thread