Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Michelin PS4S what tire?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What tire ratings should I be looking at for the PS4S I run a 265/35/ZR20 99Y in the PSS but having trouble finishing that exact tire. Can I get away with a 95Y and what do the other letters mean after some of the tires like N0, M01 etc etc

Veteran Member Four Rings superswiss's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Not lower than what the OEM tires were. Pretty sure at least 99s given the weight of the C7. Speed rating you could theoretically go lower if you never actually hit the speeds that the tires are rated for, which most people don't. N0, M01, AO, RO1 are manufacter designations. N is Porsche I believe, M I believe is BMW M, AO is Audi, RO1 is Audi RS. Those are OEM variants of the tires especially tuned for specific cars. Most car manufacturers work with tire manufacturers to tune the tire compound and construction for their specific cars. Tires with manufacturer designations are different from the one without manufacturer designation when it comes to performance tires. At the lower econo end of tires it's mostly marketing.
    '13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
    '07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Thanks that makes sense now.