Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus
    Items for Sale

Looking for a shop to vinyl wrap. Any rec's?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking for a shop to do gloss cf vinyl on my rear diffuser and to do a matte silver on the front rings. Small jobs but does anyone have any recs? I've been looking into the 5D super gloss cf film....
    2007 Audi RS4 - Daytona Grey

2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus - Monsoon Grey

Senior Member Three Rings bshanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2
    Items for Sale

https://www.facebook.com/mintperformanceinc/ wrapped my trim on my b8 (and tinted my windows) - i'd definitely have them do more work.

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

just another option but as far as the rear diffuser goes, you might think about having it hydrodipped over vinyl. This is the route I plan on going for my b8. Haven't talked to them yet but I was going to hit up Colorado custom look in Arvada when the time comes. Personally I think vinyl CF is better left for small stuff like interior trims and not exterior body panels. To each his own though.

As for the rings, you can pick up 1'x4' sheets of vinyl for $20-30 dollars shipped online. Try your hand at wrapping them yourself! You'd have plenty of material to try multiple times. You'd be surprised at what you can accomplish with vinyl even as a beginner. Worst case you can't get it and you're out a few bucks.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2
    Items for Sale

i had colorado custom look hydro dip my old b6 s4 side blades - would definitely recommend.

top is real CF side blade, bottom is hydrodip (with a dolphin grey base paint)

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

AZ Member #

wow, that looks awesome. glad to see they do good work. if you dont mind me asking, how much did they charge to do the sideblades?
    | 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | GTRS | Motoza | Bosch 550's | 034 TIP & TT225 MAF housing | 034 HFC + BB catback | 710N | TR18T FMIC | RA4 stage 2 clutch | 034 RSB & Endlinks | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

| 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | LM reps |

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus
    Items for Sale

The problem is that the rear diffuser on the the RS4 is actaully part of the bumper; they do not separate (one piece). So hydro dipping would be tough. That's why I'm looking into the "5D super glossy cf vinyl"

2007 Audi RS4 - Daytona Grey

2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus - Monsoon Grey

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zachf88 View Post
    The problem is that the rear diffuser on the the RS4 is actaully part of the bumper; they do not separate (one piece). So hydro dipping would be tough. That's why I'm looking into the "5D super glossy cf vinyl"
    damn thats a bummer. never heard of that vinyl before but it looks pretty damn good.
    | 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | GTRS | Motoza | Bosch 550's | 034 TIP & TT225 MAF housing | 034 HFC + BB catback | 710N | TR18T FMIC | RA4 stage 2 clutch | 034 RSB & Endlinks | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

| 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | LM reps |

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jjvwg View Post
    wow, that looks awesome. glad to see they do good work. if you dont mind me asking, how much did they charge to do the sideblades?
    i think it cost about 250-300 if i remember correctly. They went with the car though :/

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by zachf88 View Post

yah hydrodipping would be impossible, i think it has a 4' max... that vinyl looks pretty nice! Are you thinking of doing any other CF or CF look? I feel like you need some CF on maybe the front and sides if you're doing the rear. I had that CF front splitter but it was from our favourite company argon creative...