Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Three Rings Mickmerr62's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 A4 2.0T, 09 A6 3.0T

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by denis silva View Post
    Video please, and are u stage 2 right?
    So the way to go is stage 2 apr/giac w pulley have u done jhm crank pulley also i heard it helps a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hoping to do video today, had to grab a mount. Stage 2 with APR & Pulley yes.

Veteran Member Four Rings bmoreS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just my input coming from a B8.5 S4 guy, I never get tired of that SC whine.

These cars in stock form are so quiet and refined, which is nice, but a Stage 2 car with an open intake is just amazing IMO.

I also love the head snaps I get trying to figure out what the hell that sound is
    Last edited by bmoreS4; Yesterday at 12:13 PM.
    Current:
    01.5 B5 S4 - Stage 3....... Thanks to Daz and Country Dubs
    13 B8.5 S4 - EPL Stage 2 / EPL TCU
    11 Treg TDI - Family Truckster

Senior Member Three Rings KBRUCE23's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreS4 View Post
    Just my input coming from a B8.5 S4 guy, I never get tired of that SC whine.

These cars in stock form are so quiet and refined, which is nice, but a Stage 2 car with an open intake is just amazing IMO.

I also love to head snaps I get trying to figure out what the hell that sound is
    So true, people always look so surprised by the sound when you blow by them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi A6 3.0T

AZ Member #

@Mickmerr62 glad you finally got it in there. For anyone following these photos pre-install, you CAN get the intake pipe and filter in there contact-free. You really need to rotate the pipe at the perfect angle to fit as Roc Euro intended- play with the rotation until you get it right. I recommend bending the heat shield for clearance or lowering the heat shield in at the same time as the rest of the rig to make fitment easier - Mickmerr you really had to mangle the filter to get it in there

Established Member Three Rings Mickmerr62's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 A4 2.0T, 09 A6 3.0T

Thanks for the feedback, as it turned out the filter regained it's shape if you are referring to the fins after I revisited the following day and if I'm honest I was more concerned with mangled fingers!

That said, I found that the intake pipe had more room to move up in the sleeve that connects it to the throttle body and no rotation was needed or heat shield bending was necessary in the end to have it contact free.

A learning experience to be sure.

But hood closed and fun abounds

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine